• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gfest 6: Kyonfest!!!! Orlando, FL 07/23/11

chino0814

Smash Cadet
You're funny.

What car do I have to drive anyone? None.

I have to get myself a ride to this.

In the meantime, you need to check that thread of yours. People are planning to go to the tournament and they don't know what's going on.
looks like we ***'d out.. >.> do you even still play brawl??

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
we should link up asap! i wanna keep improving and learn how to play better against my match ups.. when can you brawl?
My availabilty is LOL.

Mondays and Wednesdays, I'm at school from 9/10 in the morning to 7/8 at night.

Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, those are my workdays.

Saturdays are my free day, but there is usually a tournament or my only day to run some errands.

and Sundays are Sundays.

chino0814

Smash Cadet
My availabilty is LOL.

Mondays and Wednesdays, I'm at school from 9/10 in the morning to 7/8 at night.

Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, those are my workdays.

Saturdays are my free day, but there is usually a tournament or my only day to run some errands.

and Sundays are Sundays.
Saturdays is the only day i can brawl .. i work the rest of the weekdays including Sunday but this Saturday coming up, I'm going to Apopka to brawl with Solomon and his crew.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
It ain't gonna make a big difference. I already defeated two of his members and im pretty sure i can take most of them out. The only one I'm concerned about is Mero. Mk is hella cheap
MK is easy. Just don't get hit by him.

Also, what I meant by "go get that training" wasn't "go beat those guys".

The object you want to get out of these sessions is to improve yourself as a player, whether it be knowledge or ingame skill wise. Beating a couple of guys doesn't do much other than show that you can beat them. But what did you gain from that? Did you fully grasp each matchup of the characters they play and their playstyles?

Remember, play to learn. It's good to win, but this is the time where you can learn matchup experience and player experience. When tourny time comes around, that's when you apply all the knowledge you have gained and use what works to win.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
It ain't gonna make a big difference. I already defeated two of his members and im pretty sure i can take most of them out. The only one I'm concerned about is Mero. Mk is hella cheap
yea u beat me on a laggy tv but ill MM u i wasnt even takin our set seriously because i cant CG in lag i was just fighting hand to hand with IC the whole time which is really bad vs diddy but ill rematch u again when you come over here. and mero is in my crew. Your diddys good but i really could not fight with IC in lag at all. I almost lost to This peach player there because of it.
I didnt wanna say that you beat me because of a laggy tv but its the truth. even mink beat me and i beat mink on a regular basis but hes not a bad player but yea we will get that rematch in.
Wasnt trying to john but your really underestimating what i can do when theres no lag bro

chino0814

Smash Cadet
yea u beat me on a laggy tv but ill MM u i wasnt even takin our set seriously because i cant CG in lag i was just fighting hand to hand with IC the whole time which is really bad vs diddy but ill rematch u again when you come over here. and mero is in my crew. Your diddys good but i really could not fight with IC in lag at all. I almost lost to This peach player there because of it.
I didnt wanna say that you beat me because of a laggy tv but its the truth. even mink beat me and i beat mink on a regular basis but hes not a bad player but yea we will get that rematch in.
Wasnt trying to john but your really underestimating what i can do when theres no lag bro
well i must say, i don't give any ic user credit because all they do is CG. if they only use one move the whole game teaches that they don't have skills nor strategy's. I'll MM you anytime. i never said you were bad though but even if the tv were a lil laggy for you, it was for me too. so no johns, we both play fairly guy.

D-torr- i knew what you meant by " go get the training" but honestly, i don't learn nothing from people that i win against. i use every character to study their moves and build my own strategy against every different char and i learn different play styles online from really good brawlers. online has made me the brawler i am today. thanks anyway

Gindler

Smash Champion
well i must say, i don't give any ic user credit because all they do is CG. if they only use one move the whole game teaches that they don't have skills nor strategy's. I'll MM you anytime. i never said you were bad though but even if the tv were a lil laggy for you, it was for me too. so no johns, we both play fairly guy.

D-torr- i knew what you meant by " go get the training" but honestly, i don't learn nothing from people that i win against. i use every character to study their moves and build my own strategy against every different char and i learn different play styles online from really good brawlers. online has made me the brawler i am today. thanks anyway
They use more than one move, Fthrow and Bthrow are two different moves :awesome:

Damn, this guy must be super-awesome

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
MK is easy. Just don't get hit by him.

Also, what I meant by "go get that training" wasn't "go beat those guys".

The object you want to get out of these sessions is to improve yourself as a player, whether it be knowledge or ingame skill wise. Beating a couple of guys doesn't do much other than show that you can beat them. But what did you gain from that? Did you fully grasp each matchup of the characters they play and their playstyles?

Remember, play to learn. It's good to win, but this is the time where you can learn matchup experience and player experience. When tourny time comes around, that's when you apply all the knowledge you have gained and use what works to win.
I realized I'm pretty good at beating people with just about the same practice as you XD. We got this! Me and dtorr can beat all of cfl and I mean all!........ soon..

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Damn 2DJ i think you have met your match when it comes to an ego challenge. lol this kid comes out of no where and thinks he can scrub your whole crew. i hope you beat his *** like he owes you money or like d who took it to ya at holy smash.

but for real kid 2dj will prob take your money. and whats going on with your tourney

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I realized I'm pretty good at beating people with just about the same practice as you XD. We got this! Me and dtorr can beat all of cfl and I mean all!........ soon..
I like the sound of this.

whats going on with your tourney
The venue closed down, so right now the tourny is postponed for now til he finds a new venue.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Damn 2DJ i think you have met your match when it comes to an ego challenge. lol this kid comes out of no where and thinks he can scrub your whole crew. i hope you beat his *** like he owes you money or like d who took it to ya at holy smash.

but for real kid 2dj will prob take your money. and whats going on with your tourney
I just beat him today 2-0. hes probably one of the best diddys in the state and gallax no big MM because this game isnt marvel lol.
Get at jerz though hes really good
hes not saying he can scrub our whole crew though. hes a cool player.
but you should MM him viper

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
@2dj i will probably not be able to make this. I am at FGCU for school right now and i will be going to ryos the weekend before so its unlikly maybe another time i can get a few in with him.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
$5 my MK vs. your Diddy?

$1 my MK vs. your Peach?

$5 my MK vs. your ZSS?

$5 my MK vs. your Ice Climbers?
ill do a dollar. not 5 because mk beats IC easy if played right
actully are we playing on one set stage?
because if were not im changing my charater to play on other stages
my bro wants to know how much you wanna MM him for also

Exdeath

Smash Master
I like how you only bet a dollar against Kyon x3

:rosalina:
Kyon is scary. Have you seen the man? He's built like a monster.

ill do a dollar. not 5 because mk beats IC easy if played right
actully are we playing on one set stage?
because if were not im changing my charater to play on other stages
my bro wants to know how much you wanna MM him for also
We can play on a set stage or whatever.

I'll MM Solo for $5 (or $1 if he'd prefer) my MK vs. his Wario or whatever.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Kyon is scary. Have you seen the man? He's built like a monster.

We can play on a set stage or whatever.

I'll MM Solo for $5 (or $1 if he'd prefer) my MK vs. his Wario or whatever.
he said alright
and no i mean im not going stay IC if u got to brinstar or rainbow imma change my charater
If your Mk is better than bebops you can win

Exdeath

Smash Master
he said alright
and no i mean im not going stay IC if u got to brinstar or rainbow imma change my charater
If your Mk is better than bebops you can win
That was what I was addressing. If you'd prefer, we can play on a set stage for IC vs. MK or we can use the CP system and you can use whomever.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Question... Is this place near downtown, UCF or like sum other part? & how far are the clubs from here?

Top Bottom