• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gfest 6: Kyonfest!!!! Orlando, FL 07/23/11

gallax

Smash Hero
Gallaxfest 6-Kyonfest!!!

Read Carefully. I am having a reg brawl tourney with dubs and singles and using the unity ruleset, but with a slight alteration.

12002 Red Ibis Lane
Apartment 1027
Orlando, Fl 32817

From alayafa, take Lokantosa (which is the road on the side of the walgreens. Many of you may know this road as science drive. Take your first left into campus crossings. Take ur first right when u get in at the circle. My apartment is at the next circle at your first right. If you take a right my apartment is at the back left. But dont drive there because you have to go find visitor parking :chuckle:

Confused? Call 772-579-3046. It's my cellphone.
Doubles stars at 1:00 NO MATTER WHAT

Singles will start at the conclusion of doubles NO MATTER WHAT.

Registration ends for doubles at 12:55.

Singles will start no earlier than 4.

Entry Fees

Door Fee: $2
Singles: $2
Doubles: $5 Per Person

General Gameplay Rules

1. 3 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
4. All infinites are legal.
5. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
* In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
* If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Modified Rules for Doubles

1. Team Attack set to "On"
2. Life stealing is allowed.
3. In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
4. In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
5. If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure

1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-1(Team 1 strikes a stage, followed by Team 2 striking a stage. Random will be used to choose from the 3 remaining stages.
6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11. The next match is played.
12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Conduct Rules

1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
2. Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.
3. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue. A warning will be issued first.
8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
10. Regarding textures and other game hacks:
* Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
* The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
* Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.

Stages

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshis Island(Brawl)
Smashville
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium 1/2
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delphino Plaza
Battleship Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

And i did not forget to add rainbow cruise :p

gallax

Smash Hero
This drinking tourney below has passed already

Get Smashed Tourney and After Party!!!

Ive decided that the after tourney is now going to be a party!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha. While im hosting the get smashed tourney i will be cooking and making a ton of food for everyone to eat that enters and stays after. There will be drinks, alchoholic and non-alchoholic, chips, and some delicious food. Im probably gonna be making stuff on the grill like burgers and hotdogs and maybe make some chicken wings and corn etc...

So heres the new proposal. If you are of age you can enter the Get Smashed tournament. If not you can still stay and just chill out and play with ur friends and eat, but there is a price to play in the tourney and eat.

Prices:

If you enter the Get Smahed tourney: 5$

-This gets you beer and liquor to drink while you are playing. If you get knocked out early and didnt get to drink much just come see me and i will hook you up.

If you wanna eat delicious food(regardless of entering GS'd tourney): 3$

-this gets you food and something to drink

If you play smash: 2$ house fee for electric.

-good for all day baybe

There will be prizes for top3 at this Get Smashed tourney too. Thats to be revealed.

The only rules that are different than the ones listed above are the ones im posting.

Entry fee

Singles: 5$

General Rules:

1.) If you enter, you have to drink.
2.) One shot = 2 drinks & 1/4 of a beer = 1 drink
3.) If you lose you drink.
4.) If you win twice or more in a row(a streak, basically) you drink every win after the first.
5.) If you use your main/secondary you drink 2/1 drinks before every match, respectively.
6.) If you use your main and prefered color you drink an extra drink.
7.) If you got hit with moves that shouldn't hit you(i.e. Falcon Punch, Warlock Punch, Ganon's Utilt, Donkey Punch(full charge), 9 Judgement, Rest, Shoryuken(Luigi's Up+B), etc.)
7a.) If you land a Shoryuken, and don't yell "SHORYUKEN!" you have to drink, instead of your opponent, if they call you on it.
8. )If you trip you drink. (Yes, Sakurai can make you drink)
9.) If both players end up getting dittos, they both drink.
10.) If you get 3 stocked(JV included), you drink.
11.) If you get 0%-Death you drink.
12.) If you're not having fun you drink

-You have to drink IMMEDIATELY if any of the rules happen to you. If stuff happens mid-game pausing is allowed for drinking.-

Stage List:

Starters

Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
PTAD
Castle Siege

Counterpicks
Halberd
Delphino
FD
Norfair
Japes
Green Greens
Pokemon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

gallax

Smash Hero
The rule is u drink IMMEDIATELY when something happens. Pausing to drink is allowed.

SPARKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:

BTW, everyone needs to re-read my definition of stalling. I also added a new section for rules for both singles tourneys. For the standard tourney I added a section titled "Additional rules for singles play". It is your job to know the rules. If you do not know them and somethings occurs mid-match I will not feel sorry for you and I will enforce the rules. I am a fair TO and will not screw you over intentionally.

I also added a note to the drinking section :grin:

BBQTV

Smash Master
i thought alcohol was not allowed in smash tournaments

gallax

Smash Hero
Ive decided that the after tourney is now going to be a party!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha. While im hosting the get smashed tourney i will be cooking and making a ton of food for everyone to eat that enters and stays after. There will be drinks, alchoholic and non-alchoholic, chips, and some delicious food. Im probably gonna be making stuff on the grill like burgers and hotdogs and maybe make some chicken wings and corn etc...

So heres the new proposal. If you are of age you can enter the Get Smashed tournament. If not you can still stay and just chill out and play with ur friends and eat, but there is a price to play in the tourney and eat.

Prices:

If you enter the Get Smahed tourney: 5$

-This gets you beer and liquor to drink while you are playing. If you get knocked out early and didnt get to drink much just come see me and i will hook you up.

If you wanna eat delicious food(regardless of entering GS'd tourney): 3$

-this gets you food and something to drink

If you play smash: 2$ house fee for electric.

-good for all day baybe

There will be prizes for top3 at this Get Smashed tourney too. Thats to be revealed.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
should be fun

i think ill participate in the drinking this time lol

Top Bottom