• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting out of the witches combos (please help)

EpOc-Samydoo

Smash Cadet
NNID
S_landreville
So Bayonetta, her combos legit trigger me and I would like to get out of her combos, Yesterday I lost to a bayo player that killed me at twenty when I had a huge lead, In my opinion thats broken, I know there are ways to get out but I do not know them so if yall can help that would be great, thanks.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
So Bayonetta, her combos legit trigger me and I would like to get out of her combos, Yesterday I lost to a bayo player that killed me at twenty when I had a huge lead, In my opinion thats broken, I know there are ways to get out but I do not know them so if yall can help that would be great, thanks.
...At Twenty...
1:Impossible
2: SDI helps a whole lot, since you'll be launched out of witch twist low enough that she won't be able to follow up, even at low percents.

Alpha Princess365

Smash Rookie
So when you encounter her online you just DC?
Pretty much to be honest with you. I don't do it with any other character other than Bayonetta, not even Mario and Rosa who also annoy me.. I'd rather avoid getting frustrated an angry at someone who's just using the character, than to deal with it and unleash by temper on them. But honestly I just find her too annoying to just put up with, especially with such small window to react to things, the fact that her Time is all about making the person worry as soon as the match starts, then getting instantly screwed. Oh and her Up B, yeah I dislike that too.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Pretty much to be honest with you. I don't do it with any other character other than Bayonetta, not even Mario and Rosa who also annoy me.. I'd rather avoid getting frustrated an angry at someone who's just using the character, than to deal with it and unleash by temper on them. But honestly I just find her too annoying to just put up with, especially with such small window to react to things, the fact that her Time is all about making the person worry as soon as the match starts, then getting instantly screwed. Oh and her Up B, yeah I dislike that too.
Well I can't say I do that as well...With bayo, with Mario or Cloud though, I'm hightailing it out of there before I get screwed by braindead people using braindead characters.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I've pretty much felt what most posters and the OP have felt when fighting Bayonetta. I've once played a Bayo as Roy, only to lose badly due to the Witch Twist to Foward Air to death combo. Which works well on Roy due to having no methods to counter that.

My solution is to pick a projectile based character, and play as lame as possible with them. I personally use Toon Link.

Alpha Princess365

Smash Rookie
I've pretty much felt what most posters and the OP have felt when fighting Bayonetta. I've once played a Bayo as Roy, only to lose badly due to the Witch Twist to Foward Air to death combo. Which works well on Roy due to having no methods to counter that.

My solution is to pick a projectile based character, and play as lame as possible with them. I personally use Toon Link.
Well I have Peach as my main alongside Palutena, and Peach has a good projectile game with turnips.

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
I must say I have to agree here. Well I have a 'never give up" mentality when it comes to challenge in games. But I can say Bayonetta (along with Mario) pushes me over the edge unfortunately. And I'm someone who's a good sport and doesn't care if I lose or not. And normally I would never say to avoid a character, but honestly I can't blame anyone who would quit on this character. I personally don't give up, but am considering. Her 6 frame window on Witch Time is pretty unfair for a counter all things considered, combined with the pressure of just waiting for it to hit you (which is an instantly death sentence regardless of your precent) And the fact her Witch Twist is insanely good in almost every situation. It turns you into instant combo food once it connects.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
I must say I have to agree here. Well I have a 'never give up" mentality when it comes to challenge in games. But I can say Bayonetta (along with Mario) pushes me over the edge unfortunately. And I'm someone who's a good sport and doesn't care if I lose or not. And normally I would never say to avoid a character, but honestly I can't blame anyone who would quit on this character. I personally don't give up, but am considering. Her 6 frame window on Witch Time is pretty unfair for a counter all things considered, combined with the pressure of just waiting for it to hit you (which is an instantly death sentence regardless of your precent) And the fact her Witch Twist is insanely good in almost every situation. It turns you into instant combo food once it connects.

EpOc-Samydoo

Smash Cadet
NNID
S_landreville
I agree and im also a never give up person but as a luigi and now fox mains i die to super early percentages when she has rage its crazy i

Nah

Smash Champion
luigi and now fox mains i die to super early percentages when she has rage its crazy i
I mean

that's kinda what happens when a lightweight fastfaller/non-heavy gets hit by a strong smash attack boosted by rage

that's like going "2+2=4?! wtf?!"

But anyway, like has been already mentioned, SDI may be able to help you out when it comes to her combos involving Witch Twist and ABK. I'm not terribly familiar with how to SDI Bayo combos and how effective it is with each character though so I can't tell you much more. Outside of that though, try and see if you can limit the number of opportunities she has to start a combo on you in the first place.

or something, just throwing out thoughts here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
i legit think that most of the community is salty about just about every top tier
but since zero said bayo was also cancer, it allows the community to further complain without feeling like a bad player xdddddd

ANYWAYS
about how to di combos. At low percents, SDI down so that witch twist sends you too low for an ABK followup, and DI down and away At all percents, you should also note what direction they're witch twisting in. At higher percents i forget how to escape stuff lul. Can't remember if it's up and away or something else. At super high percents you can DI away from anything obviously

SHWTW (single hit witch twist) is tech that bayo players are looking into, which pretty much nullifies SDI, but it's hard to setup. It links into guaranteed combos at quite literally any percent. Not as fast of an OOS option compared to normal witch twist.

The bayo discord has a document of how to DI bayo's witch twist, too lazy to link it

Now if it's her normals (aerials, tilts, etc.) that are tilting you... bayo's normals are busted. BUT they definitely shouldn't give the bayo player a free kill at 20%. git gud xdd

Last edited:
Top Bottom