• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I will forever support them. The memories are far too grand to do anything else. **** Microsoft... just give them back. You aren't using them... :(

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
I’ll agree it not necessary to have Nintendo buy back the rights to RARE. Hopefully Nintendo is open to working with an open minded Phil Spencer. I’m sure it’s gonna come down to back room dollars but maybe we can get them in even if it means we’ll never get remakes/re releases on the Switch. I’d be okay if it was to promote an XBox remake of the 64 games.

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
Apparently Phil was asked again over Twitter and he’s okay with the idea of Banjo for Smash

Morbi

Scavenger
I’ll agree it not necessary to have Nintendo buy back the rights to RARE. Hopefully Nintendo is open to working with an open minded Phil Spencer. I’m sure it’s gonna come down to back room dollars but maybe we can get them in even if it means we’ll never get remakes/re releases on the Switch. I’d be okay if it was to promote an XBox remake of the 64 games.
I highly doubt it is even about the money. Microsoft is intelligent relative to Sony or Nintendo, it knows how to adapt. To that end, I am positive they understand that the appeal of Banjo is more important than making royalties off of DLC sales or something to that effect that is literally chump change relative to what they could do with the franchise. Beyond that, I would not even be surprised if they main reason they even wanted him in Smash was so that Nintendo could see the potential and just buy him off of them given they are doing nothing whatsoever with him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Definitely a supporter of this! N64 should be considered retro again. If not for the character itself, PLEASE do it so that the Rare-Nintendo relationship is fixed and can lead to a portable Banjo-Kazooie game, or God-forbid, Rare working on a Donkey Kong Country title again.

Also, if his reveal doesn't have a BIG nod to Diddy Kong Racing, that would be a missed oppertunity.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I really want them in Smash. They just belong to Nintendo, imo.

And since Cloud, anything can happen

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Please remember that Banjo is not a typical third party character, and is in fact owned by a direct competitor to Nintendo.

It would take a literal miracle for them to happen. Get hyped if they happen, not because Phil says he's personally ok with it.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
It would take a literal miracle for them to happen. Get hyped if they happen, not because Phil says he's personally ok with it.
I wouldn't be that pessimistic. Nintendo seems to not have problems working with the competition if allowing share play and putting Minecraft on their system is anything to go by. Not to mention the series is dead over at Microsoft so they aren't doing any real advertising for the competition. No I think Banjo's hurdles are practically the same as most 3rd parties, which is Nintendo and Microsoft have to come to terms and Sakurai has to deem him big enough to warrant a space.

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Spencer's tweet today suggests they're not in the base game. If BK were in, I feel like everyone at Microsoft would be quiet at about it until the reveal.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Please remember that Banjo is not a typical third party character, and is in fact owned by a direct competitor to Nintendo.

In this case, it actually HELPS that Microsoft hasn't really used the characters in a while. It gives them more marketability, which is a good thing if they do end up making more Banjo games down the line.

It's not like Cloud wasn't owned by a direct competitor to Nintendo either :rolleyes:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's not like Cloud wasn't owned by a direct competitor to Nintendo either :rolleyes:
Square Enix is not a direct competitor to Nintendo.

Sony owns zero rights to Cloud or the Final Fantasy franchise.

And before anyone says it, no, they don't own anything Metal Gear, either, that's all Konami.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hey I will be happy for you guys if the miracle happens

However the creator said this the first time he will let banjo in smash bros Wii U/3ds

Atleast he said it sooner though.

For that creator if you want banjo in smash give him back to Nintendo.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've been contemplating the idea of a discord group for Banjo (and Rayman), but I thought I'd ask you guys first.

Who would be up to joining a server to hang out and talk Banjo/Rayman/Smash/other stuff?

Poll

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Posting in here to say that I hope Banjo-Kazooie gets in. I'm also in favor of a Discord.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Obviously, it doesn't really mean anything, but Phil Spencer is still on board
:061:
Long have we waited
Phil Spencer sainted
Master Chief jebaited
Bird and bear activated
:shades:

I'm hard pressed to consider a more perfect 3rd party newcomer than BK (aside from Geno, but that's undeniably a more niche choice).

Morbi

Scavenger
I feel like Spencer's tweet today suggests they're not in the base game. If BK were in, I feel like everyone at Microsoft would be quiet at about it until the reveal.
I never really expected Banjo in the base game regardless, he would make much more sense as DLC (he fits that niche better than base third party characters such as Sonic or Mega Man). I am expecting only one, maybe, just maybe, two third-party characters in the base game. And even then, that all depends on the size of the roster and if any are removed.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

I'd be way more pessimistic if we were dealing with Sony, but Microsoft actually lets competitors use their IP's.

Not that it's likely or anything, but it could be worse.

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
It would be so easy to churn out a move set that’s reflects the first 2 games.
Nutral A could be a few hits from Banjo then Kazooie comes out for multi hits.
His running A could be his roll like DK.
Definitely his Down B in Air should be a downward drill slam.
Down B while grounded could be a backwards bouncing egg.
Then B could be a forward Egg
Up B on the group should be the Spring leg Launcher high burst like Sonic/game& watch with the ability to still follow up with attacks.
Up B While in the Air should be rapid wing flap no damage just mobility
Maybe have 2 or 3 jumps with solid air mobility.
Side B should be a short burst run with Kazooie shielding Banjo maybe not be invincible though.
Final Smash could involve Mumbo/Jinjos.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It would be so easy to churn out a move set that’s reflects the first 2 games.
Nutral A could be a few hits from Banjo then Kazooie comes out for multi hits.
His running A could be his roll like DK.
Definitely his Down B in Air should be a downward drill slam.
Down B while grounded could be a backwards bouncing egg.
Then B could be a forward Egg
Up B on the group should be the Spring leg Launcher high burst like Sonic/game& watch with the ability to still follow up with attacks.
Up B While in the Air should be rapid wing flap no damage just mobility
Maybe have 2 or 3 jumps with solid air mobility.
Side B should be a short burst run with Kazooie shielding Banjo maybe not be invincible though.
Final Smash could involve Mumbo/Jinjos.
I'd love a final smash that either utilised Dragon Kazooie, or had Banjo turn into the big T-Rex and stomp around.

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
So this information dropped today from Microsoft’s head of Rare- They are open to other studios working with their IPs but only if it’s the right people for the right job.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be that pessimistic. Nintendo seems to not have problems working with the competition if allowing share play and putting Minecraft on their system is anything to go by. Not to mention the series is dead over at Microsoft so they aren't doing any real advertising for the competition. No I think Banjo's hurdles are practically the same as most 3rd parties, which is Nintendo and Microsoft have to come to terms and Sakurai has to deem him big enough to warrant a space.
And don't forget that the new Minecraft update for the Switch allows you to use skins based on properties owned by Microsoft like Master Chief and Banjo.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So this information dropped today from Microsoft’s head of Rare- They are open to other studios working with their IPs but only if it’s the right people for the right job.
Oh really. Then maybe we might see some Rare IPs in use again. I wouldn't hold my breath or anything but it could happen.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hello Banjo fans. I made a Discord group where we can talk about a variety of Smash Underdogs (Nintendo owned and third party).

Some of you would feel right at home in the place. We can even talk about the Banjo games there too.

https://discord.gg/x897WQn

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Hi New to SmashBoards just finally singed up to show support for Banjo for smash, was one of the 1st jiggy campaigners (B4 phil spencer's tweet) back during the smash ballot days posting from my wii u #BanjoForSmash

I feel like banjo's chances are better then ever now with him being on the switch with mario in minecraft & all the things M$ has been saying about letting there IP being on other consoles. Looks like Xbox's future seams to be moving to being a platform more so then a console with there push for digital, windows 10 PC store, play anywhere & so on, i think there more open now to things like banjo in smash or even banjo games on switch VC but who knows

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Hi New to SmashBoards just finally singed up to show support for Banjo for smash, was one of the 1st jiggy campaigners (B4 phil spencer's tweet) back during the smash ballot days posting from my wii u #BanjoForSmash

I feel like banjo's chances are better then ever now with him being on the switch with mario in minecraft & all the things M$ has been saying about letting there IP being on other consoles. Looks like Xbox's future seams to be moving to being a platform more so then a console with there push for digital, windows 10 PC store, play anywhere & so on, i think there more open now to things like banjo in smash or even banjo games on switch VC but who knows
It's always great to meet another Banjo fan and feel free to join one, or both of the discords.

Morbi

Scavenger

Again, the inherent issue is it does not matter how open Microsoft is. Nintendo has to be on board. I can see why perhaps Ryu and Cloud, plus Ballot Winner, would be higher priority. So the potential is there. I am just managing my expectations because if Nintendo does not want any of it, they are not going to get any of it.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
sure I'll check out the discord (All tho i think i tryed to join a discord onece don't think my labtop can handle it???) It's not really up to nintendo IMO feels like its more up to sakurai I mean he got snake, cloud & bayo rated M characters in smash doubt nintendo wouldn't of allowed that without sakurai's influence so I'd say its up to him

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Yes please

I'd really love this. Especially if there were to be zero references to Nuts & Bolts. Give me a purely N64-based moveset.

And a skin where Kazooie is a dragon.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Hey, for anyone who has played Banjo-Kazooie, in Gobi's Valley, have you ever tried getting Grabba's Jiggly by flying over him and using the Beak Buster?
It actually works if you're at the exact right height.
And when you do it, there's a really minor glitch that happens. The turbo sneaker music starts playing faintly in the background. It keeps playing even if the actual background music changes.

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
The Discord channels are nice but we need to Bring Banjo back into the top of this section of Smash Boards.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
At this point, I'm not getting my hopes up for Banjo/Kazooie. I would love for it to happen but ultimately I think Duck Hunt is the consolation prize.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
This thing about Rare/Microsoft being willing to allow other companies to use their IPs has got me Cautiously Hopeful.
We could finally see a propper Banjo Threeie on the Switch! made by Nintendo? or Playtonic? We could finally see Banjo and Kazooie in Smash!
I know there's no gurantee these thing will ever happen. but my god do I want them to.

with this new revelation we should push harder than ever to get B&K in the spotlight and show our support for the Bird and Bear!

to that end. I thought I'd share a little something I made a while ago.

It's a little sprite in the style of the Costume Marios from Super Mario Maker!
it's a little hard to see so here's a scaled up version

I'm hoping I can make an entire sprite sheet for them in the future. and also feel I should tweak the design a bit (especially Kazooie) but I thought I'd share what I've got so far.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
It already looks pretty good to me. I'd definitely like to see the finished set.

Also, if his reveal doesn't have a BIG nod to Diddy Kong Racing, that would be a missed oppertunity.
It was already a missed opportunity with Diddy. All I need is a throwable oil slick balloon and I'll be happy. Come on Nintendo.

Last edited:

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
yeah the whole "duck hunt" thing i don't understand? just B/C they both have birds on there backs as a reason why sakurai wouldn't add them is silly & there move would be vastly diffrerent.

you know if banjo gets into smash not only would we get a banjo stage but i bet it would be the best time to add a diddy kong racing stage too ! :D

Top Bottom