• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting Incineroar’d: A Receptive Comeback

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Let’s kick this off with a history lesson:

Incineroar was leaked to be in Smash long before his November 1st 2018 reveal, and everyone practically puked in their mouths when they heard this. Some didn’t like his design. Others preferred Decidueye instead (Including this user, not that I opposed the Fire Cat). Others still believed the now-proven-fake Grinch leak. The Smash community vehemently opposed him for months on end. Then came his reveal alongside Ken, and he surprisingly wowed the community. His side special was completely original. He taunted after many attacks he landed. He had a smug and showoffish personality that he flaunted throughout. His Down special was a counter that instead powered up the next attack he landed. This portrayal of the character made many of his detractors into loyal fans just from that alone.

So with this in mind, I’d like to coin a term which I’m not sure a lot of people would use: Incineroar’d.

For a character to be Incineroar’d is for them to be hated so venomously and yet get such positive feedback from portrayal of the character on their reveal, just like Incineroar went through.

So why am I writing this? Well, I’ve seen many candidates for the Fighter Pass like Erdrick and Steve get so much hate from this community, whether it be from bland animation to being another swordie to hating the game for its fan base, but at the same time, I can’t help but be reminded of Incineroar before his reveal. Erdrick and Steve have a big shot at being Incineroar’d, and after how Joker was portrayed, I’m confident Sakurai will portray them just as well.

Thank you for taking your time in reading this.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Come to think of it, is Golden Yuiitsin (or whatever that guy goes by nowadays) aware of this thread?

Top Bottom