• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting Grabs

KullaN_xo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5215-0584-6923
How do you set up situations where you can grab safely with Zelda?
More concerned with getting grabs vs spacies, marth, sheik, and falcon.

At the moment, It's in my prohibition to play as Zelda since in tournament since my region is pretty much exclusively made up of these characters. The chain grab on spacies in practice is very easy for me to perform and I've become quite consistent at it, even under pressure. However getting that initial grab is very tough and I'm not sure when I'm okay to go for a grab against any of these characters.

Abel SSB

Smash Cadet
Its not really safe to grab with zelda because it's slow. But a quick dash dance or waiting for them to approach it your best bet.

She also has a bad dash dance so maybe not?

Last edited:

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
with zelda, literally EVERYTHING comes down to spacing your stuff out, so if you want to get a grab in neutral, learning how to dash-dance efficiently is crucial, cus once you have that down and you're able to bait your opponent to try and go in on you, you can get that grab to lead into a cg or another throw to set up for an aerial

yttik

it's mainly as an obvious punish, but you can get them mid combo like from an up tilt, or mixup after a jab etc.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Grab hits frame 12, You gotta make them shield and know their reaction to Your kick then next time You go to kick a shield, don't just land and grab. It's gotta be a solid read

Top Bottom