• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting a rise out of Mario Tornado

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
As I've learned to play Mario better and improve my skills, there's one aspect of him that I've never been able to do. That aspect is using Mario Tornado as a good recovery tool and making it rise. I know HOW to do it (mash B button), but I just can't get it to work. I've seen plenty of people on Netplay and YouTube do it, including 3.6 for the latter. Is there any good method, using default controls, that I can utilize to make Mario Tornado rise?

Keman

Smash Apprentice
Can I ask why you are so set on the "using default controls"?

The only thing to do is have as many Special button inputs as fast as you can. on default just have to mash like you say no other way around it, maybe if its that bad you are FF'ing? Not sure how people mash that fast either. Gallo can probably mash B and get higher then me even when I "cheat".

it sounds like you might already be aware of this, but I set Special to all of my d-pad buttons and rotate my right thumb around that. I can basically get max height just about every time. it really helped my recovery.

Maybe with practice someone can get better at mashing a button, but more then likely most of us probably have better areas we could be focusing our practice other then mashing the B button.

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
that sounds brilliant, setting the d-pad buttons to special tonight - what do you make taunt, b button?

Top Bottom