• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If rare doesn't care about Banjo anymore than acknowledging his 20th anniversary with a sea of thieves t shirt then I have basically no hope he'll be in Smash. How's Sakurai supposed to care about him if nobody else does....
Most of the company's old guard left years ago anyway. If anything, Playtonic and some parts of Retro would be more willing to celebrate.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Battletoads won't be AAA, Banjo-Kazooie would be. That's why we got Battletoads.
That's possible but we don't know what they're doing with it. In could be a AAA title or a $5 nostalgia trip. For now though we can't really make that call. Now to wait for the announcement that the new BattleToads requires you to build your own vehicles.

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
I really feel this is the best chance this time around.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
What’s everyone’s thoughts on this. https://youtu.be/8ubYC9k1bKI
Pretty exciting news. It makes it clear the ballot was for Ultimate all along and Bayo didn't actually sneak up out of nowhere and get so many votes. My theory is that Bayo was chosen in advance as someone they knew they could make happen but would also be expected to get a respectable amount of votes since she's a third party. Then, they took the characters that were actually at the top and set them aside for Ultimate. Only after them was she #1 in Europe and top 5 in America in terms of "realizable and negotiable".

It doesn't directly mean anything for Banjo & Kazooie but they had to be high up there. Even if they're not in the base game, they still might have been set aside as somebody Sakurai wants to pursue as DLC. It's hard to imagine that in a game especially for the fans, they didn't have DLC in mind from the beginning as a way to sell some hardcore fanservice like B&K.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Banjo & Kazooie need to be in smash in my opinion. if we got them, Geno, and K. Rool. then smash will be complete for me. no more characters need to be in ever again. (well maybe Simon Belmont so we can have the metroid and the vania together)

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Banjo & Kazooie need to be in smash in my opinion. if we got them, Geno, and K. Rool. then smash will be complete for me. no more characters need to be in ever again. (well maybe Simon Belmont so we can have the metroid and the vania together)
Same dude all I need are Banjo and Isaac to complete the roster for me.
It's time the Stars have freaking aligned for Banjo's return to Nintendo consoles. (No the Minecraft skin doesn't count). I can't wait to hit Link with Banjo's back pack, to peck Kirby in the face with Kazooie's beak, and to talon trot away from Bayonetta because she's still broke as heck. Ah dreams. And soon hopefully reality.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
For me smash would be complete with banjo kazooie (& Frank West but that's B/C not only do I love dead rising but frank could litteraly fight with just common house hold items found in a mall LOL such moveset potential & of course waluigi would be cool using sports moves) but banjo kazooie is all I ever wanted.

Actualy the banjo skin in Minecraft is canon to banjo kazooie rare said do themselfs witch is fine with me who knew it would take Minecraft to bring diddy & banjo back together ? but smash would be much better

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Literally the only characters I've ever wanted in Smash. Anyone can else can get in but only if I eventually get Banjo-Kazooie in Smash as well.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty much feeling the same as you guys.
Banjo & Kazooie is the big one.

I have a top 5. and a few lesser wants. but honestly if I got Banjo & Kazooie in the game. all the other 4 from my top 5 wouldn't matter and I wouldn't be upset if they didn't get in. Banjo & Kazooie would be enough. and I wouldn't be upset with whatever other characters DID get in either. regardless of how I feel about certain characters. because I'd have Banjo & Kazooie.
conversely if the other 4 from my top 5 got in and Banjo & Kazooie didn't. I'd feel very very mixed. I'd be happy to get those other 4 of course. but this would not be Super Smash Bros ULTIMATE without the bear and bird.

Now for the sake of making conversation. let's have a dumb hypothetical.
how would you guys react if Banjo was revealed as a newcomer?
and then immediately after, Kazooie was revealed as a SEPARATE NEWCOMER?
Banjo and Kazooie are both in the game. but "Banjo & Kazooie" are not.
their movesets are both based on their moves while split up from Banjo Tooie. but there is no way to put the 2 together in the game. (Banjo may also have some moves based on Diddy Kong racing.)

I know, it'll never happen. if we get them in smash, they will be in 1 slot together as 1 character (whether or not they can still Split Up as part of their moveset could go either way)

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Be pretty confused since 90% of their series is about working together to accomplish tasks but hey I got both characters in the game so I'd be satisfied

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I'm pretty much feeling the same as you guys.
Banjo & Kazooie is the big one.

I have a top 5. and a few lesser wants. but honestly if I got Banjo & Kazooie in the game. all the other 4 from my top 5 wouldn't matter and I wouldn't be upset if they didn't get in. Banjo & Kazooie would be enough. and I wouldn't be upset with whatever other characters DID get in either. regardless of how I feel about certain characters. because I'd have Banjo & Kazooie.
conversely if the other 4 from my top 5 got in and Banjo & Kazooie didn't. I'd feel very very mixed. I'd be happy to get those other 4 of course. but this would not be Super Smash Bros ULTIMATE without the bear and bird.

Now for the sake of making conversation. let's have a dumb hypothetical.
how would you guys react if Banjo was revealed as a newcomer?
and then immediately after, Kazooie was revealed as a SEPARATE NEWCOMER?
Banjo and Kazooie are both in the game. but "Banjo & Kazooie" are not.
their movesets are both based on their moves while split up from Banjo Tooie. but there is no way to put the 2 together in the game. (Banjo may also have some moves based on Diddy Kong racing.)

I know, it'll never happen. if we get them in smash, they will be in 1 slot together as 1 character (whether or not they can still Split Up as part of their moveset could go either way)
I think the branding of this game as "Ultimate" and likely "ballot-focused" really screwed me up and made my hopes way higher than they should be. I'm a similar situation to you. I really want Isaac and Banjo-Kazooie because both have the potential to gain a lot of new fan interest for their series with how interesting their movesets would be. It could jump-start back both of them from death, and in the latter's case, reuniting with their old company feels due and deserved.

Even if I just got one of them, I would be so content with this game, but getting both... it's instantly becoming the greatest game of all-time no matter what else they add or don't add. That's a dream that still seems so far off from reality, and yet, it's not out of the question.

To answer your question about a separate B&K, they are really a lot more unique when they are together so I would have to be against this happening. I wouldn't complain because they're still in the game, but it would be a really strange decision.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'm actually not a fan of the figure. I just don't really like the air trail coming from Banjo's stomach. I was thinking about still purchasing it anyway but $500 for something I don't like seems excessive. Ugh if they had just gone with another pose because the design is perfect.

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
oh cool. the full statue has finally been revealed.
Banjo and Kazooie look great!
i like the Jiggy base.
but yeah, that air trail.... not great. :/
that price... about what I expected.
probably out of my price range unfortunately.
Hopefully the Totaku looks as good since that I'll be able to afford.
(must resist urge to buy statue, you can't afford it Sailor, don't do it..)

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
What are you guys thought on the leak that just dropped in a riddle

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
oh cool. the full statue has finally been revealed.
Banjo and Kazooie look great!
i like the Jiggy base.
but yeah, that air trail.... not great. :/
that price... about what I expected.
probably out of my price range unfortunately.
Hopefully the Totaku looks as good since that I'll be able to afford.
(must resist urge to buy statue, you can't afford it Sailor, don't do it..)
(Do it Sailor. Do it....)

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
That leak seems too good to be true but if we get a trailer for King K this month than man oh man will this be a true Ultimate game

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
That roster would be incredibly lame to me. I don't care about K Rool all that much. He never left that big an impact on me even with me playing all the DKC games. He's cool and I want him for the fans but I've got characters I want more. Dixie I find a really boring choice which is odd since DKC3 was my favorite but I have no desire to see her in Smash. The rest I straight up don't care for. I mean at least an RH character would be cool as I love obscure characters making it into the game. But yeah riddle leaks are 100% garbage.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
yeah, if the roster ends up looking like that leak suggests. it does nothing for me.

I could not care less about Heichachi, Simon, Elma, Dark Samus or Isabelle.
Dixie would be ok. as would Decidueye. and I guess I have nothing against Ashley.
and while they aren't big on my want list. I know K. Rool and Geno are highly requested so I'd only be happy for their fans.

plus no BK is an auto-fail in my books.

at least the other 4chan riddle rumor going around suggested some characters I would actually want.

Hopefully this leak will be as fake as the rest of them are.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
As much as I want Banjo I just don't think it's gonna happen. It should, but Sakurai just doesn't seem interested in them. If you look at the kinds of characters he likes - they're from Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Final Fantasy, Bayonetta, Kid Icarus and junk. Anime, serious human kinda characters. They aren't the cute mascoty type characters like Spyro, Crash, Bomberman and Banjo.

Oh well, at least I ordered that first4figures statue. Cos holy **** it's amazing.

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking the riddle leak was in favor of Banjo also

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
As much as I want Banjo I just don't think it's gonna happen. It should, but Sakurai just doesn't seem interested in them. If you look at the kinds of characters he likes - they're from Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Final Fantasy, Bayonetta, Kid Icarus and junk. Anime, serious human kinda characters. They aren't the cute mascoty type characters like Spyro, Crash, Bomberman and Banjo.

Oh well, at least I ordered that first4figures statue. Cos holy **** it's amazing.
But he already added Nintendo's cute mascoty characters and then made a huge deal about adding MegaMan. And don't forget he thought about putting them Melee so he likes them plenty. Though I can't say picking the anime characters bother me since the games those characters are from are good.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
But he already added Nintendo's cute mascoty characters and then made a huge deal about adding MegaMan. And don't forget he thought about putting them Melee so he likes them plenty. Though I can't say picking the anime characters bother me since the games those characters are from are good.
Back when they were considered for Melee he kinda had to acknowledge them because they were fresh.

Mega Man was like a ballot winner to be fair. Even with Ryu he passed up using his SF2 design for the more 'realistic' SF4 design. That kind of N64 era doesn't seem to appeal to him too much. The last couple Smash games have been chocked full of the kinds of characters I listed, very few mascot types.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Back when they were considered for Melee he kinda had to acknowledge them because they were fresh.

Mega Man was like a ballot winner to be fair. Even with Ryu he passed up using his SF2 design for the more 'realistic' SF4 design. That kind of N64 era doesn't seem to appeal to him too much. The last couple Smash games have been chocked full of the kinds of characters I listed, very few mascot types.
He didn't need to acknowledge them at all. He did though and the fact that at one point he wanted to add them is big considering it wasn't possible till now due to the buyout. Megaman being like a ballot winner doesn't matter he still went through the trouble of adding him same with Pacman. And we can't forget that Sonic was also added which he tried to do for a while. In fact, 3 out of 7 third parties are mascots so he clearly likes them enough.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
He didn't need to acknowledge them at all. He did though and the fact that at one point he wanted to add them is big considering it wasn't possible till now due to the buyout. Megaman being like a ballot winner doesn't matter he still went through the trouble of adding him same with Pacman. And we can't forget that Sonic was also added which he tried to do for a while. In fact, 3 out of 7 third parties are mascots so he clearly likes them enough.
BK was the biggest new IP of the N64 (Goldeneye technically doesn't count), and Nintendo actually owned the characters. Of course he had to ackowledge them just after the N64 had ended.

Even Sonic was added without the (classic) design that best matched Mario...

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
BK was the biggest new IP of the N64 (Goldeneye technically doesn't count), and Nintendo actually owned the characters. Of course he had to ackowledge them just after the N64 had ended.

Even Sonic was added without the (classic) design that best matched Mario...
I actually think the modern design was the design that best fit the roster so I'm glad they didn't go with classic. But still modern Sonic is just an update of classic anyways. A better comparison is Pacman. He wouldn't have added him if he couldn't use the more traditional design. And no he really didn't need to acknowledge them. He rarely acknowledges any characters so him saying he did want to add Banjo is a rare insight into who he considered at the time. There's little reason to not consider them now. Really the only thing blocking the duo's path is if Nintendo is ok with Microsoft content in Smash. We don't know their thoughts but with the continually growing friendship between the companies, they might be cool with it.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I just want to remind everyone that Sakurai was the creator of KIRBY. So I'm sure he's fine with cartoony characters

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
The part about folklore I felt could be a play on folk music.
Hmm, yeah that could be possible. I was taking folklore literally and thinking it could point to someone like Amaterasu from Okami or Jibanyan from Yokai Watch. but yeah, the "folk" part could be the more important part.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think they're someone who thinks King K Rool and Dixie are a lock so they think they're going to get some easy credibility by predicting them for July.

I feel like the next reveal being K Rool is fairly likely. (or at least it's more predictable than any number of other things happening, with maybe the exception of a Simon reveal) On top of that if Dixie was an echo fighter it wouldn't be that unusual to have her revealed alongside K Rool.

Only leaker I have any trust in right now is vergeben.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that leak is real. like why the riddles ? also I don't think folklore is banjo since it would be reviled after the games is out I feel like a big 3rd party character like banjo would be given a biger spotlight. also dixie wouldn't be a diddy echo maybe a semiclone but not a echo I mean she has no tail for some attacks so she would have different animations & hitboxes most likely making her more like a luigi or wolf / roy like character IMO

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
On top of that if Dixie was an echo fighter it wouldn't be that unusual to have her revealed alongside K Rook.
Only leaker I have any trust in right now is vergeben.
It would be stranger if she wasn't all Echoes have been footnotes alongside actual newcomers.
As for Verge he doesn't have much credibility with me. He got Snake, ICs, no Smash 4 cuts, and Ridley but the problem is Ridley is always a good guess because Sakurai always looks into him. It was obvious he was going to get added as soon as figured out a way how. And while he got the other 3 right too how did he not know every very was returning? There was an actual that said every character would be back so I feel like his source should have known. Not to mention he kept saying unrevealed games would be Castlevania collections to coincide with Simon in Smash but that never happened. He keeps back peddling on it to. No I'm pretty sure he was wrong but Ultimate was close enough to what his source guessed or whatever that people have latched on to him.

Top Bottom