• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So I was thinking about the Vergenben leak.

So far he's gotten Ridley and no cuts right. And with Bomberman an Assist and Snake back, I actually fully expect Simon to be playable even with out the leak. But with the leak that also leaves Minecraft. He doesn't say it will get a playable character, but just content in general. What if that means it just gets a stage or assist and instead a different Microsoft character became playable, similar to Snake and Bomberman
So you’re saying Master Chief for Smash :p

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I gotta say, I never expect Banjo-Kazooie to appear in Smash (maybe a bit when it was the Smash Ballot era, since the fans were in charge of who entered back then). Yet I feel I really would love it deep within my heart. I almost want to see it happen to see how would I react. Some tears from childhood memories for sure.

Eagle

Smash Lord
raretwiier.PNG

Unfortunately I think this is a pretty clear indication that Banjo Kazooie is definitely not in the base-game. I dunno, just the way it's worded. I think DLC was always more likely anyways, and I still think he's got a really good chance.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
View attachment 150801

Unfortunately I think this is a pretty clear indication that Banjo Kazooie is definitely not in the base-game. I dunno, just the way it's worded. I think DLC was always more likely anyways, and I still think he's got a really good chance.
I don’t know if it’s confirmation. I mean they have to choose their words carefully if it’s gonna be a surprise

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don’t know if it’s confirmation. I mean they have to choose their words carefully if it’s gonna be a surprise
Right, but in this case I think they just wouldn't have responded if BK were in Smash.
Yeah, it definitely seems to be politeness on their part. Gotta let the game's big guys make the official announcement instead of Rare.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
It's sad Monday won't be a Smash reveal for the Bird and Bear but it was a huge stretch to think Rare's announcement would be. Still so pumped to see what it is. I'm kinda going for some Banjo DLC in Yooka-Laylee. That would be awesome.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Late anniversary cheers for Banjo, I had work today.

Gave the OP a massive overhaul, it's nice and shiny and new! Why not take a gander?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Well if nothing else I will certainly be buying that figure from First 4 Figures. I am excited for that and I might get the loot crate or whatever it was too. I can't say the shirt appeals to me though and I have no interest in Sea of Thieves so the rest of that doesn't matter to me.

Hobnail Boot

Smash Cadet
Yeah I’m a bit “Salty Joe’s Fries” about all of this. If any of you get this reference, you’re true Banjo fans and deserve better than the nonsense they’re shilling out.
Better prepare for the impending rush on the merchandise...

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
IMG_20180701_131529.jpg

Saw this on twitter and have no idea if it's official or not, I just want to see if it with a clear background for use elsewhere. It's by far the best render I've seen of these two.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I was gonna get all the merch, but a bear print on a sea of thieves shirt is a no no. That's not even BK merch ffs...

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
View attachment 150918
Saw this on twitter and have no idea if it's official or not, I just want to see if it with a clear background for use elsewhere. It's by far the best render I've seen of these two.
I never thought I'd see a render I love more than Sean Hicks' before an official Smash version finally came. This is basically Ultimate's style down to a T and it's what I've dreamed they would look like in it.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Oh man oh man, I sincerely hope they get put in, that whole thing where rare said they had a "massive power and internet" outage at Rare seemed a little fishy, could they be delaying something on purpose until monday? Gah, I want to see the Surprising Tie-in thing they mentioned.

Im taking it with a grain of salt, but by god im ready to pop off with excitement.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Oh man oh man, I sincerely hope they get put in, that whole thing where rare said they had a "massive power and internet" outage at Rare seemed a little fishy, could they be delaying something on purpose until monday? Gah, I want to see the Surprising Tie-in thing they mentioned.

Im taking it with a grain of salt, but by god im ready to pop off with excitement.
They got their power back early and have already revealed the stuff. It's all in this quote below.
Check it out! Rare got their power back and have now revealed the goodies they promised. Front and center is this First4Figures statue of Banjo & Kazooie available for pre-order on July 6th.

More info on upcoming new merchandise here

Gregg Mayles interview here

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
With the big love fest Microsoft and Nintendo just had over Minecraft, I really hope somebody on some side reached out to the other to make this happen. When I think about the N64 era, this duo is right up there with Mario and Zelda, it would be shame to have such an obvious omission in a game with this many other characters in it.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
If anyone's interested, Banjo & Kazooie are being rated today in the RTC thread. Chances on being included as a base newcomer might be down based on that Rare tweet, but if nothing else, you can throw your high want percentage into the ring and help the bear and bird out.

Hobnail Boot

Smash Cadet
I guess I'm in the minority but I didn't take Rare's tweet about them saying it isn't their place to announce that as diminishing their chances at all. In fact, the fact that it wasn't an outright denial and they said they wouldn't be the ones to announce that gave me hope.

But of course, as a Banjo-Kazooie fan, my hopes have been constantly dashed for years so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I guess I'm in the minority but I didn't take Rare's tweet about them saying it isn't their place to announce that as diminishing their chances at all. In fact, the fact that it wasn't an outright denial and they said they wouldn't be the ones to announce that gave me hope.

But of course, as a Banjo-Kazooie fan, my hopes have been constantly dashed for years so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen.
I don't take it as a definite either, but it would make more sense that they just wouldn't say anything if B&K were in the base game. They would have to know that their character is present, after all.

Hobnail Boot

Smash Cadet
I agree, but the optimist in me reads that and thinks "okay, why even bother responding to that tweet about SSBU? And why leave the door open for someone else to announce it?"

But again, the let down happens year after year with B&K so I'm not deluding myself, just trying to be hopeful.

Tony Duck

Smash Rookie
I mean, I did ask the president of Rare at e3 if Banjo was gonna be in Smash Bros..

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
They better announce a game or their inclusion in Smash by the end of the year or I'm calling shenanigans on Rare and Microsoft. Using their 20th anniversary as a platform for Sea of Thieves really irks me.

Tony Duck

Smash Rookie
In the end, the chances of them being DLC rather then in the base game are higher since the Xbox and Nintendo bro stuff is recent. Having said that, in the end it’s all on sakurai to decide who gets in the game. It doesn’t matter if Rare or Phil Spencer say they are interested in him showing up if Sakurai. just doesn’t put him in the roster, haha.

OF COURSE, Craig Duncan did tell me he could neither confirm or deny Banjo was in smash, as I recall from our meeting at e3... lad.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I can't blame them for trying to bring more attention to Sea of Thieves and we did get a lot of Bird and Bear stuff announced so it's not as bad as it could have been. Still I wish they had a better shirt for the 20th anniversary. That stupid cave painting thing isn't what I want representing their 20th birthday.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Dlc is more likely

But if vergeben is right about the minecraft involvement in smash of some sort that's when hope should come

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
HAPPY BANJO 20th ANNIVERSARY ! No batter time to add banjo into smash bros BUT I feel like Rare & Microsoft is on are side they have shown support but we NEED Nintendo to see the demand look at megaman fans, cloud & ridley fans they never gave up WE NEED to get a LOT of people to out right SPAM (not harass) sakurai on twitter HE make the Decisions we need to go directly to the source & show him the love, support & DEMAND for banjo & we need to start now! B4 he even starts to think about DLC so maybe when it comes time to DLC banjo will be on his mind.

we need to remined & show him banjo was a huge part of Nintendo history during the N64 & GBA era of Nintendo send sakurai tweets showing him this importance whether its a video or artwork or just typed in words we need to show him banjo IS WANTED banjo may not appear as a huge demanded character but that was due to everybody feeling hopeless due to the leagal issues suronding banjo but M$/Xbox is not doing so well now & they are more open now (they even said there ok with other companys using there IPs like banjo) we know there ok with it & its up to US to convince sakurai & Nintendo about this.

tweet other Nintendo employees if you can find them (& if we can get support from fans in japan some how that would be even better)

EVERY ONE IS HERE there is no better time to get banjo in smash bros he would be able to go up against every smash fighter !

lets find a way to organize a campain to show sakurai & Nintendo WHY banjo deserves to be in smash maybe start a hashtag like #whatbanjomeanstome where people post videos talking about what banjo means to them & how it was a impotant Nintendo experience? this is just an example but we need something that will trend & get news coverage gaming sites always cover banjo in relation to Nintendo

we need to find someone who is good at organizing things & plan a good banjo campaing

Banjo in smash is all I ever wanted & a banjo amiibo would be amazing ! :D

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
HAPPY BANJO 20th ANNIVERSARY ! No batter time to add banjo into smash bros BUT I feel like Rare & Microsoft is on are side they have shown support but we NEED Nintendo to see the demand look at megaman fans, cloud & ridley fans they never gave up WE NEED to get a LOT of people to out right SPAM (not harass) sakurai on twitter HE make the Decisions we need to go directly to the source & show him the love, support & DEMAND for banjo & we need to start now! B4 he even starts to think about DLC so maybe when it comes time to DLC banjo will be on his mind.

we need to remined & show him banjo was a huge part of Nintendo history during the N64 & GBA era of Nintendo send sakurai tweets showing him this importance whether its a video or artwork or just typed in words we need to show him banjo IS WANTED banjo may not appear as a huge demanded character but that was due to everybody feeling hopeless due to the leagal issues suronding banjo but M$/Xbox is not doing so well now & they are more open now (they even said there ok with other companys using there IPs like banjo) we know there ok with it & its up to US to convince sakurai & Nintendo about this.

tweet other Nintendo employees if you can find them (& if we can get support from fans in japan some how that would be even better)

EVERY ONE IS HERE there is no better time to get banjo in smash bros he would be able to go up against every smash fighter !

lets find a way to organize a campain to show sakurai & Nintendo WHY banjo deserves to be in smash maybe start a hashtag like #whatbanjomeanstome where people post videos talking about what banjo means to them & how it was a impotant Nintendo experience? this is just an example but we need something that will trend & get news coverage gaming sites always cover banjo in relation to Nintendo

we need to find someone who is good at organizing things & plan a good banjo campaing

Banjo in smash is all I ever wanted & a banjo amiibo would be amazing ! :D
Couldn't agree more. Maybe Sakurai already knows about the high demand but this would reinforce it! I already know there are a lot of fairly-large (gets 100k+ views on their vids) YouTubers that love Banjo-Kazooie and I'll bet you anything it's a similar story with Twitter. If we got them, all our Banjo-Kazooie loving friends, and others to voice themselves, it'd already be a large presence that'd be hard to ignore.

Fan art is the best way since it visually shows how die-hard demand in a way that Sakurai would understand. Videos detailing the series' legacy and compilations of fan responses to things like Phil Spencer's openness to B&K in Smash would also be fantastic though! If the EarthBound on VC and Project Rainfall campaigns can work, this could too!

The only problem is the language barrier if we go directly to Sakurai, but we can be selective about which content to use if we know it can be easily translated/transcribed. Really, the popularity is already there, but a push like this can potentially push Sakurai off the fence and pursue B&K for DLC if he hasn't already for the base game!

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Yeah lets all request this from sakurai's twitter for banjo-kazooie's 20th! GUH-HA!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If rare doesn't care about Banjo anymore than acknowledging his 20th anniversary with a sea of thieves t shirt then I have basically no hope he'll be in Smash. How's Sakurai supposed to care about him if nobody else does....

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
If rare doesn't care about Banjo anymore than acknowledging his 20th anniversary with a sea of thieves t shirt then I have basically no hope he'll be in Smash. How's Sakurai supposed to care about him if nobody else does....
Mega Man got in though. If they're popular enough and Sakurai wants to include them, and Microsoft is willing (which they seem to be) - they'll get in

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Even if Rare didn't care we still do. Besides they are releasing a crap ton of non Sea of Thieves related merchandise for the Bird and Bear so it's not like they were making Banjo's 20th birthday a glorified ad for SoT

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Mega Man got in though. If they're popular enough and Sakurai wants to include them, and Microsoft is willing (which they seem to be) - they'll get in
In fairness Capcom hadn't completely abandoned the Mega Man brand.

Top Bottom