• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I still think this could happen. It'd be the biggest deal since Cloud, for sure. Representing an old partnership with Nintendo, a bittersweet reunion. I'm all for Banjo-Kazooie in Smash, clearly, and is my #1 choice for 3rd party character in the next entry (Phil Spencer's been playing nice with Nintendo for a number of years now, what with Minecraft and Cross-play being a big thing with them and Nintendo). So here's hoping.

Also, Happy 20th anniversary Banjo-Kazooie!!! What better way to celebrate than a Smash Bros. announcement!! Wooooooo!!

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I'd love to see these two on the next smash game!

There was also a racing game on the GBA,Called Banjo Pilot it was released on January 12, 2005.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Indeed, it was a last minute reskin of Donkey Kong Racing's handheld tie in, "Diddy Kong Pilot", and one of the last Rare games seen on a Nintendo platform.

The tilt sensor cartridge originally planned for it was instead worked into Wario's next GBA title, leaving the game pretty basic but fun enough.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Banjo and Kazooie are really one of the last 3rd party characters that would really bring the hype that’s Sonic and Megaman did.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Banjo and Kazooie are really one of the last 3rd party characters that would really bring the hype that’s Sonic and Megaman did.
I came into this thread to make this exact comment.

I feel like there's a decent chance we just don't get any new 3rd parties in Smash 5. There's not many characters left that are THAT important to Nintendo's history (Sonic, Mega Man) or gaming history (Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud) as a whole. Additionally, there's not many third party characters that people would hype over in large amounts. Most of the third party characters people bring up are a stretch for one or both of those categories.

Simon Belmont? Yeah, Castlevania was big on NES, but he hasn't been on Nintendo lately and not THAT many people want him.

Shovel Knight? Yeah, he got an amiibo and is really freaking popular, and could represent Nintendo's new focus on indies, but he's on every platform now. He's not close with Nintendo specifically.

Banjo-Kazooie is very widely known, especially thanks to YouTube reviewers like JonTron helping popularize it. The game defined Nintendo's Rare era of the 90s and the 3D paltformer era of the N64 with everyone trying to make the next Mario 64. Not to mention Odyssey clearly took some inspiration from Banjo-Kazooie, probably just as much as from Mario 64.

I personally believe that if Banjo-Kazooie wasn't owned by one of Nintendo's two direct competitors, they may very well be this Smash's Sonic or Mega Man, with everyone hyping them up as the 3rd party character that NEEDS to be in.

TL,DR: Banjo and Kazooie being in Smash would be bigger than the majority of the other third party suggestions people have for the next Smash, and would rally more support if they weren't owned by a direct rival in the console wars, which people think makes them near impossible.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Rayman is by far the safest 3rd party candidate and his inclusion would be surprise anyone. Banjo-Kazooie on the other hand isn’t safe but his inclusion will send hype ripples through the community. Not many characters can do that. Bomberman and Crash maybe.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Rayman is by far the safest 3rd party candidate and his inclusion would be surprise anyone. Banjo-Kazooie on the other hand isn’t safe but his inclusion will send hype ripples through the community. Not many characters can do that. Bomberman and Crash maybe.
Oh yeah how did I forget about Rayman.

I feel Bomberman would have some hype, but not that much more than someone like Simon Belmont or Shovel Knight.

Crash would be a bizarre mix of hype and pure unadulterated confusion if this is real life. Crash is very much a PlayStation character above all else. But then again, so was Cloud, but Crash was known as PlayStation's Mario 64. It'd take a little while to fully grasp that Crash was actually announced for Smash. I wasn't around for Snake's announcement, but I feel like it'd be somewhat similar (although part of Snake's shock value was that 3rd parties being in Smash in general, let alone a PlayStation character).

Banjo would just be full hype for most people all the way through like Mega Man was.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Banjo would be an amazing 3rd party addition. I replayed the first 2 games last year and loved them.
Imagine this: we get a Banjo-Kazooie stage with Gruntilda appearing as a boss, flying over the stage shooting magic bolts at the players. But the best part is, she insults one of the fighters in rhyme as she comes in, complete with the text bubble and speech straight from the original game!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I feel like there's a decent chance we just don't get any new 3rd parties in Smash 5. There's not many characters left that are THAT important to Nintendo's history (Sonic, Mega Man) or gaming history (Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud) as a whole. Additionally, there's not many third party characters that people would hype over in large amounts. Most of the third party characters people bring up are a stretch for one or both of those categories.
This is really not based on any sort of empirical data. I'm not sure how you can possibly make this claim.

Frogger. Lara Croft. Bomberman.
Rayman. Qbert. Angry Bird. Sora.
Steve. Professor Layton. Sub Zero.

I'm sure a lot of those names resonate with a larger audience than some of the included third party characters. How is that relevant?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Even Crash would make massive shockwaves since he's a worldwide hit especially in Japan.

Banjo and Kazooie would reignite the days when Nintendo and Rare were a thing. That would turn the heads of so many 90's gamers it's not even funny, and I'm sure the hype for B&K would make shockwaves.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Ideally I'd like to see both Banjo and Master Chief get into Smash. But even with the appearance of Halo characters on Minecraft, that's a pipe dream I don't think will ever come to pass.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Choo choo, the speculation train has arrived.

Don't suppose we'll get another comment from Phil eh.

PsychoJosh

Do you think Banjo and Chief would be chums, in a way, if they both came into Smash?

Banjo shows up, he's outnumbered by all the Nintendo characters, but then an armored hand appears on his shoulder and Chief is backing him up. That'd be swell.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Ideally I'd like to see both Banjo and Master Chief get into Smash. But even with the appearance of Halo characters on Minecraft, that's a pipe dream I don't think will ever come to pass.
Banjo and Kazooie; I can understand as they have been on a Nintendo console twice and could fit in Smash Bros.

Normally if a character is owned by a rival company like Microsoft or Sony; I'd be against it. However, Banjo and Kazooie specifically were on a Nintendo console first. So much so that they became iconic under Nintendo at the time.

Master Chief; however, never has been on a Nintendo platform and would be better fit for Xbox's own crossover (something I want so badly!) and as far as Minecraft getting in? I don't think so either.

Honestly, Wow. Banjo Kazooie, Master Chief, AND Minecraft? It appears I'm not the only person on this forum that wants Xbox to do their own Crossover game. ;P

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Definitely behind these two for Smash Switch.

It would be pretty surreal seeing them in Smash, considering they were almost certainly shoe ins before Microsoft snapped Rare up.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Definitely behind this two for Smash Switch.

It would be pretty surreal seeing them in Smash, considering they were almost certainly shoe ins before Microsoft snapped Rare up.
To be fair; Cloud was a surreal entry when he arrived for the last Smash Bros game. So, it's not impossible.

However, unlike Cloud I do support Banjo & Kazooie in this.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After the Smash Ballot and a Banjo skin being in Minecraft Switch, I want to believe that they were considered.

PsychoJosh

Banjo and Kazooie; I can understand as they have been on a Nintendo console twice and could fit in Smash Bros.

Normally if a character is owned by a rival company like Microsoft or Sony; I'd be against it. However, Banjo and Kazooie specifically were on a Nintendo console first. So much so that they became iconic under Nintendo at the time.

Master Chief; however, never has been on a Nintendo platform and would be better fit for Xbox's own crossover (something I want so badly!) and as far as Minecraft getting in? I don't think so either.

Honestly, Wow. Banjo Kazooie, Master Chief, AND Minecraft? It appears I'm not the only person on this forum that wants Xbox to do their own Crossover game. ;P
Master Chief made an appearance via Minecraft on Nintendo Switch, so it is theoretically possible that he could show up.

But yes, I have been supporting an Xbox/Rareware all-star fighter for quite some time. I'd personally like it better if it were based more on Power Stone's style of gameplay instead of Smash. Sony already tried making a Smash clone and failed.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Master Chief made an appearance via Minecraft on Nintendo Switch, so it is theoretically possible that he could show up.

But yes, I have been supporting an Xbox/Rareware all-star fighter for quite some time. I'd personally like it better if it were based more on Power Stone's style of gameplay instead of Smash. Sony already tried making a Smash clone and failed.
I disagree. I think it'd be better keeping a Xbox Crossover in line with the 2D party brawler (Smash Bros and Allstars).

I also wouldn't say it failed per se. While I prefer Smash Bros; my friends prefer Playstation Allstars. We have a blast every time we play it and it deserves a sequel.

I've always argued that the Xbox does indeed have enough characters to pull off it's own crossover. However, Banjo & Kazooie could appear in Super Smash Bros first. I wouldn't object to that.

PsychoJosh

I disagree. I think it'd be better keeping a Xbox Crossover in line with the 2D party brawler (Smash Bros and Allstars).
And I disagree with that. I think this road has been well travelled and PSAS' failure in sales and in fun gameplay (at least to me) kind of indicates that they should avoid doing a Smash clone unless it's ACTUALLY a Smash clone, with percentage health and directional inputs and everything. If they're going to be doing an all-star fighter with health bars I think the Power Stone style of gameplay would be better suited for it, as it's a really underrated and underused style of party fighter with lots of potential to be something great and original. Also, Microsoft had once made a game like that before called Fusion Frenzy, so I'd argue there's a precedent for them doing it the Power Stone way.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
And I disagree with that. I think this road has been well travelled and PSAS' failure in sales and in fun gameplay (at least to me) kind of indicates that they should avoid doing a Smash clone unless it's ACTUALLY a Smash clone, with percentage health and directional inputs and everything. If they're going to be doing an all-star fighter with health bars I think the Power Stone style of gameplay would be better suited for it, as it's a really underrated and underused style of party fighter with lots of potential to be something great and original. Also, Microsoft had once made a game like that before called Fusion Frenzy, so I'd argue there's a precedent for them doing it the Power Stone way.
While I respect Powerstone. There is a reason that Powerstone never got it's own sub genre in Fighting Games that Super Smash Bros did. Super Smash Bros is just more suited to a crossover.

I'll agree that Playstation Allstars "Super System" isn't as good as the "Percentage System"; I will say not all games need that to work. If Microsoft can find something better (perhaps more standard Health system?) and a unique way to gain an Ultimate ability; it can be fun in its' own right.

By the way; I loved Fusion Frenzy. Glad someone else remembers it.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Let's continue where we left of! I'm 100% supporting Banjo before any other character. Even if he might not be in the base game initially, I don't care. I want Banjo!

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Another Smash can only mean I'm spending every waking moment in the character speculation threads trying to convince myself this is the time we get Banjo & Kazooie until the game's release. This is what I get for daring to dream.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
If Banjo & Kazooie did get in. I'd doubt (no offense) that Gruntilda would make it in as a full character as well. I'd say maybe she could be in a Banjo Kazooie Stage, Mii costume or even both.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If Banjo & Kazooie did get in. I'd doubt (no offense) that Gruntilda would make it in as a full character as well. I'd say maybe she could be in a Banjo Kazooie Stage, Mii costume or even both.
Yeah I'd like to see her make a cameo in the Spiral Mountain stage. Have her flying around, maybe she could be a hazard?

It might get crowded but I'd like to see cameos from Bottles, Mumbo Jumbo and Tooty as well.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Phil Spencer (Head of Xbox) did say he didn't see any problems working with Nintendo on getting Banjo & Kazooie in Smash last time. I doubt he has changed his mind.

My question is his move set. Would he have just Banjo 1 & 2 moves? Or would they include Nuts & Bolts moves? What about his Final Smash?

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Phil Spencer (Head of Xbox) did say he didn't see any problems working with Nintendo on getting Banjo & Kazooie in Smash last time. I doubt he has changed his mind.

My question is his move set. Would he have just Banjo 1 & 2 moves? Or would they include Nuts & Bolts moves? What about his Final Smash?
From what I took (without playing Nuts'n'Bolts), this game wasn't move focused at all. A generic spin or use of some magic wand is nothing that needs to get recognized in Smash. Banjo has almost every move in place anyway and they all look cool since most of them work in tandem with Kazooie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom