• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Honestly I feel that eventually Banjo and Kazooie have a decent shot either for base game or dlc. The fact that fanservice is going to the max is good for them, as it means that Nintendo and Sakurai might be willing to bargain. The only thing that makes me concerned is that no third party was announced at E3. Other than that, I feel their chances are the best they have been since Melee.

Also Imagine the alternate timeline where Banjo is in Melee and the bear and bird either stayed in the series or got announced back at E3 this year.
Imagine if the buyout didn't happen until after Melee's release. Since Smash immortalizes its characters with passionate fanbases, what happens with the buyout? Does it proceed as normal and the only difference is B&K return for Smash in 4 or Ultimate? Is its negative impact far less drastic on Rare? Does it even happen at all?

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Honestly I feel that eventually Banjo and Kazooie have a decent shot either for base game or dlc. The fact that fanservice is going to the max is good for them, as it means that Nintendo and Sakurai might be willing to bargain. The only thing that makes me concerned is that no third party was announced at E3. Other than that, I feel their chances are the best they have been since Melee.

Also Imagine the alternate timeline where Banjo is in Melee and the bear and bird either stayed in the series or got announced back at E3 this year.
Well if they make it into Smash I will be honestly happy with whatever other characters they put in and will be forever happy with this game. Banjo-Kazooie are literally the only newcomers I've ever truly unabashedly wanted.

Eagle

Smash Lord
If nothing else, the chaps at Nintendo Life recently put up a retrospective interview for the series, featuring a few of the duo's key creators.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...anjo-kazooie_we_speak_to_the_guys_who_made_it
This really makes me want to pull out my N64 and Banjo Kazooie cartridge. I'm sure I'd catch something like a joke or whatever that I'd missed before. I never owned Tooie, unfortunately, but I'd rented it to completion. It's just criminal not to have Banjo Kazooie in Smash. I don't want to get my hopes up too much but it really feels like the stars are aligning for this one!

D

Deleted member

This really makes me want to pull out my N64 and Banjo Kazooie cartridge. I'm sure I'd catch something like a joke or whatever that I'd missed before. I never owned Tooie, unfortunately, but I'd rented it to completion. It's just criminal not to have Banjo Kazooie in Smash. I don't want to get my hopes up too much but it really feels like the stars are aligning for this one!
I still go back to both games at least once a year and do a full playthrough of them, those games were my childhood and Kazooie is still my favorite game all these years later. I'll always be optimistic for Banjo to show up, but I would still not be surprised if he didn't.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'll keep my hopes up till they officially become announced for Smash but I won't be disappointed if they don't show up. At least people want them and are talking about them again. As long as they eventually get something new and a nod on their twentieth anniversary this Friday I'll be happy.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Banjo is a tough one for me. I played their games obsessively growing up. Kazooie and Tooie are among my favorite games of all time, and I still make it a tradition to replay them annually. I even enjoyed Nuts & Bolts, the GBA games, and backed Yooka-Laylee day 1 (don't regret it by the way, the game's strengths are far more numerous than its flaws). And second only to a certain crocodile monarch also made by Rare, B-K are and have always been my Dream newcomer.

However, pretty much since the buyout happened I've written them off as impossible. The introduction of third-parties in Brawl and then Smash 4 was a small spark of hope, but it seemed one third-party or another kept beating them out (first Mega Man and Pac-Man, then the three DLC). So while the pool of big name third-parties is thinning, the competition is still vast for Banjo and Kazooie. Especially if Simon Belmont ends up being in, not to mention there still being other contenders like Geno, Rayman, Crash, and possible third-party Echo fighters.

I'd say their best chances would if Minecraft got content in this game that wasn't Steve (like a stage or item), and Banjo-Kazooie was negotiated during that time.

Well, I'm done writing this as I've been looking at Dr. Doom kicking somebody in the face dozens of times, but I'm here to share my support for the bear and bird. I'll be over the moon with joy if K. Rool gets in, but give me Banjo-Kazooie and I'll feel like a kid again.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well if they make it into Smash I will be honestly happy with whatever other characters they put in and will be forever happy with this game. Banjo-Kazooie are literally the only newcomers I've ever truly unabashedly wanted.
This, but also K. Rool and Dixie

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'll always be optimistic for Banjo to show up, but I would still not be surprised if he didn't.
Banjo AND Kazooie. No point in Banjo showing up by himself. I wonder if people will call Banjo & Kazooie "he" if they are added to Smash.

StormC

Smash Hero
Banjo AND Kazooie. No point in Banjo showing up by himself. I wonder if people will call Banjo & Kazooie "he" if they are added to Smash.
I mean, Banjo is the one you would be controlling, technically. It's like Rosalina and Luma. Plus just typing out "Banjo" is easier.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I mean, Banjo is the one you would be controlling, technically. It's like Rosalina and Luma. Plus just typing out "Banjo" is easier.
I always try to call them just Banjo-Kazooie, but it is easier calling them just Banjo since he is who you'd be controlling with Kazooie being support with his stronger moves and mobility.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I always try to call them just Banjo-Kazooie, but it is easier calling them just Banjo since he is who you'd be controlling with Kazooie being support with his stronger moves and mobility.
IRL when I'm freaking out about how much I want them I also just say Banjo. It still feels wrong to not name both, so online, I say B&K. It's less letters but most people probably will just refer to Banjo in both cases like they do with Rosalina.

That is until Kazooie becomes busted in some way like Nana and Luma have been known for.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

Yeah that's got me concerned too but the way I see it every vet plus Ridley was a far bigger reveal than any 3rd party so that's likely why we didn't see one. I still think there best bet is DLC but not impossible for the base yet.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Yeah that's got me concerned too but the way I see it every vet plus Ridley was a far bigger reveal than any 3rd party so that's likely why we didn't see one. I still think there best bet is DLC but not impossible for the base yet.
I agree on the DLC part. Nintendo and Microsoft just started getting friendly recently. And the base roster was finalized in 2015. Them as DLC just seems far more likely to me.

Of course there’s always a Duck Hunt echo!
(kidding)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I agree on the DLC part. Nintendo and Microsoft just started getting friendly recently. And the base roster was finalized in 2015. Them as DLC just seems far more likely to me.

Of course there’s always a Duck Hunt echo!
(kidding)
That’s not even funny lmfao, I seriously hear that argument so damn much that B-K would just be another Duck Hunt it hurts. Like, have you (people who seriously believe that) even played Banjo-Kazooie or Tooie? Other than the mammal assisted by a bird gimmick they both have (which wasn’t even a thing in the original Duck Hunt), they have literally nothing in common.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
And as long as they get in, I don’t care whether it’s base or DLC. Just the fact that their prospects are better than they’ve ever been makes me happy.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
That’s not even funny lmfao, I seriously hear that argument so damn much that B-K would just be another Duck Hunt it hurts. Like, have you (people who seriously believe that) even played Banjo-Kazooie or Tooie? Other than the mammal assisted by a bird gimmick they both have (which wasn’t even a thing in the original Duck Hunt), they have literally nothing in common.
Sad thing is this happens with nearly every possible newcomer and I can't fathom it. Just because somebody isn't aware of unique potential doesn't mean it's nonexistent. It just means they don't care enough to look and will just write somebody off. There are so many moves that B&K can pull off in the N64 games that just using those visuals paint enough of a picture for a unique moveset.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I was talking about Ultimate with one of my coworkers and I told them I want Banjo and they said "You must really hate Duck Hunt since there can only be one animal duo." He's even played the games and thinks they can't be in Smash together. I was so shocked to me someone with that opinion in public.

StormC

Smash Hero
I must admit, Duck Hunt gives me some pause. It’s such a specific, esoteric concept that I can’t help but wonder if Banjo-Kazooie was on Sakurai’s mind when he designed him.

I don’t think it would actually bar Banjo from entering though, especially with his overwhelming popularity. Charizard didn’t keep Ridley out (though there were some comments when he was revealed that he looks like a Charizard clone...you know how Smash fans are).

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Well, tomorrow is officially the 20th anniversary of Banjo-Kazooie's debut game. If Microsoft or Nintendo don't do something to acknowledge their anniversary in some way, I'll be very disappointed. I'm not looking for a new game or a Smash announcement, but at least say SOMETHING about their debut. I always see acknowledgements for other characters and games' anniversaries, Banjo-Kazooie deserve some love too! I most certainly will be playing both games tomorrow in their honor, especially to show my friend how well they would translate to Smash with their movesets! I hope you all who have the original games in your collection will play a bit in their honor as well!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well at least we're getting some merch... I'll buy everything that's officially unveiled later just to support it to the extent I can.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I though it was tomorrow (that's my wikipedia said)
What a lame 20th anniversary, Banjo & Kazooie deserve something better...

I still hope a reveal on Smash website for tomorrow...

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
C'mon Microsoft, post a pic of a Jiggy on Twitter without any context and watch the hype train roll! Hint at something more than just merch!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Here's something for you guys to look forward to.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Posted this once on this thread already but I don't care I'm gonna post it again for their twentieth anniversary and to thank all of you who support the Bear and Bird not only for Smash but just in general! Thank you all so much! Here's hoping we see something nice about them this year, either a new game announcement or their inclusion into Smash.

Banjo-Kazooie are Raring to Go!.jpg

D

Deleted member

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
I feel that for this game we will definitely see a Microsoft rep come to Smash, maybe not in the base game, but most likely as DLC. Banjo's only competition would be Master Chief which I see bizarre and unlikely and Steve which has the "revelancy" advantage. Banjo on the other hand has the advantage of having originated in Nintendo, was a top contender among internet polls during the Smash ballot/popularity, and has Phil Spencer's approval.

Hobnail Boot

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to not get my hopes up from Rare's mention of "tie-ins" but I guess we will find out Monday...

Slim as a chance as it may be, B&K have been my #1 want for SSB since I started playing. It's my all-time favorite game (BK and BT are tied) and it would make this the perfect game if they were in it. Fingers crossed!

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I'm cautiously optimistic about tomorrow. But if they don't get revealed, there's always another time. This whole year should celebrate the anniversary of Banjo-Kazooie :)

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I'm cautiously optimistic about tomorrow. But if they don't get revealed, there's always another time. This whole year should celebrate the anniversary of Banjo-Kazooie :)
I think it's too soon after E3, but they could always get away with using the European date too since Rare is a British company. Either way, it's rarely been about celebrating exact dates with Sakurai. As long as they eventually become playable, that's what matters to me.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I've only played Nuts n' Bolts for my Original Xbox. I'd give the game a 6/10. I support!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm just glad there's been a lot of support today on Twitter for Banjo-Kazooie! And with Rare's comments, hopefully we'll see something cool next week.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Man I'm so excited for what ever Rare is going to announce. I'm not so optimistic that I think the announcement is Smash related but still it's just so exciting to have Banjo news again.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So I was thinking about the Vergenben leak.

So far he's gotten Ridley and no cuts right. And with Bomberman an Assist and Snake back, I actually fully expect Simon to be playable even with out the leak. But with the leak that also leaves Minecraft. He doesn't say it will get a playable character, but just content in general. What if that means it just gets a stage or assist and instead a different Microsoft character became playable, similar to Snake and Bomberman

Top Bottom