• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I kind of like Breegull Blaster with Kazooie shooting rapid fire eggs at someone, though Mumbo transforming you into the giant T.Rex would be pretty great. A bit like demon king Ganon I would imagine

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
All this Microsoft/Nintendo news has increased my hype brothers and sisters

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I still like the Mighty Jinjonator as a Final Smash though Daddy T Rex works too
Jinjonator and Breegull Blaster are certainly options for Final Smashes as well! Heck, have Banjo-Kazooie flying around shooting grenade eggs onto the field would be another viable option! They really are some of the easiest characters to translate to Smash thanks to their many abilities and items.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I was focusing so much on BK1 that I forgot all about Tooie! All the variety of eggs would certainly add a lot to their move set. I wonder if they would get that in-depth with it or just stick to the classic blue eggs.

Also, unrelated, but Wonderwing could be a cool unique shield. Sort of like how Yoshi uses an egg as one

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
A Minjo/Jinjo assist trophy would be really cool. Like if it's a Jinjo then collecting it could give you a +1, but if you try to collect it and it's a Minjo it insta-KOs you and they look identical so it'll be a risk.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
A Minjo/Jinjo assist trophy would be really cool. Like if it's a Jinjo then collecting it could give you a +1, but if you try to collect it and it's a Minjo it insta-KOs you and they look identical so it'll be a risk.
Part of me thinks there should be some sort of subtle tell to make it not such a game of random chance for those who are cautious and skillful. At the same time, if it's as obvious as the fake Smash Ball is, it would make the AT pointless. The tell is usually attacking them, but that would be too easy to do here with projectiles.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Does anyone else hope Banjo & Kazooies reveal trailer would mimic the opening cinematic for the original game? Maybe with some other Nintendo characters mixed in. That would be so amazing.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Does anyone else hope Banjo & Kazooies reveal trailer would mimic the opening cinematic for the original game? Maybe with some other Nintendo characters mixed in. That would be so amazing.
I would love that slapstick humor to be translated over to CGI. The Switch logo is the one waddling around at the start, Pit can be the dragonfly crashing into the Rare logo, that pause on the white screen would be great suspense for what B&K will look like in the artstyle, and the moment the music is about to kick up when Banjo pulls out his banjo can be when the newcomer tagline shows up. Their gameplay can be mixed in with the intro itself, and it'd all be one giant love letter.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Part of me thinks there should be some sort of subtle tell to make it not such a game of random chance for those who are cautious and skillful. At the same time, if it's as obvious as the fake Smash Ball is, it would make the AT pointless. The tell is usually attacking them, but that would be too easy to do here with projectiles.
Maybe as in BT there'd be a little growl just at the last second giving you a small chance to dodge

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I was focusing so much on BK1 that I forgot all about Tooie! All the variety of eggs would certainly add a lot to their move set. I wonder if they would get that in-depth with it or just stick to the classic blue eggs.

Also, unrelated, but Wonderwing could be a cool unique shield. Sort of like how Yoshi uses an egg as one
I would certainly hope all eggs from Tooie would be available to give them more power, even the Battery eggs from Grunty’s Revenge could be an option just to have some fire, freezing, stun/electric, and explosive options! Even the Clockwork Kazooie egg could be like Bowser Jr.’s Mechakoopas. And yeah, I think the shield option would at least have Kazooie covering Banjo like in the games!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Meanwhile, there could be Ice Climber-style gameplay possibilities if they manage to sneak in Kazooie's ability to leave Banjo's backpack.

SamuXCI

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamuXCI
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Banjo-Kazooie and King K. Rool are who I'm eyeing after finally getting my Ridley. Nobody could make characters like Rare of old.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Banjo-Kazooie and King K. Rool are who I'm eyeing after finally getting my Ridley. Nobody could make characters like Rare of old.
Hoping for the majority of newcomers to be long-time fan favorites that people have been wanting in Smash. If Banjo-Kazooie get in, I'll be satisfied forever with this particular Smash. Portable HD multiplayer fighter game with every previous veteran from every Smash beforehand along with possibly every stage and a majority of items both old and new, a lot of awesome remixes and music for the game, and then playable newcomers like Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo-Kazooie as the cherry on top? This would truly be the definitive 'Ultimate' Smash.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Banjo-Kazooie for the 64 was the first game I ever owned and first one I ever played - and still my favorite game of all time. I'm here for them.

And I agree. Nintendo and Microsoft have been so buddy-buddy lately. And now Banjo in Minecraft for Switch. I feel like they may really get in this time.

(And then maybe Banjo 4 in the future? But with no cars lol)
That’s Banjo Threeie, we have two Banjo games and a weird car game spin off they appeared in (Unless Grunty’s Revenge is being counted from GBA, in which case I’ll give you 4)

Also, my completely unrealistic dream is that if Banjo & Kazooie get announced for Smash, it’s also announced that Nintendo now has received the rights to the franchise and is making a new 3D game with some of the original developers... Never going to happen. But at least the chance of them in Smash is at least somewhat reasonable to consider at this point.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
That’s Banjo Threeie, we have two Banjo games and a weird car game spin off they appeared in (Unless Grunty’s Revenge is being counted from GBA, in which case I’ll give you 4)

Also, my completely unrealistic dream is that if Banjo & Kazooie get announced for Smash, it’s also announced that Nintendo now has received the rights to the franchise and is making a new 3D game with some of the original developers... Never going to happen. But at least the chance of them in Smash is at least somewhat reasonable to consider at this point.
I would hope that Microsoft/Rare learned from their “spinoff” and if they were to make another Banjo it’d return to their roots.

And we’re getting another Battletoads of all things so a Banjo sequel isn’t too crazy of an idea. Plus, if they do get into Smash it might remind Microsoft of just how popular they are (which I assume is more than Battletoads lol)

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I completely forgot that Banjo was in the Sonic racing game... maybe he can show up in the new one this year too! :laugh:
It is a little odd that Banjo is getting a new plush this year out of nowhere... and what happened to the First 4 Figures that were announced a long time ago? Is that still gonna be a thing? Nevertheless, with both KI and Battle Toads back with new games, sooner or later Microsoft is gonna get to Banjo. It doesn't even need to be Rare developing it, they could find faithful new blood like they did for KI and BT to make something great.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
As long as they got something. Anything! Banjo-Kazooie are just as worthy of more game appearances as Crash and Spyro and those other kinds of characters! And I'm totally okay with there being a plush or figure of them, I will pay good money for it! Banjo-Kazooie deserve ALL the merchandising lmao

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
As long as they got something. Anything! Banjo-Kazooie are just as worthy of more game appearances as Crash and Spyro and those other kinds of characters! And I'm totally okay with there being a plush or figure of them, I will pay good money for it! Banjo-Kazooie deserve ALL the merchandising lmao
They would have a beautiful amiibo; one that I'd willingly pay scalper prices for.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I wonder if their Smash model would be based off their new Microsoft look, Nuts&Bolts style, or their old N64 look.

I'm guessing the former, but the latter would be a dream.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
They would have a beautiful amiibo; one that I'd willingly pay scalper prices for.
Oh god I didn't even think about them getting an amiibo. I don't even care for amiibo but I'd buy one for Banjo.

I wonder if their Smash model would be based off their new Microsoft look, Nuts&Bolts style, or their old N64 look.

Pacman

Last edited:

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice

I'm hoping Sakurai will do what he did with Mega Man and go for their classic look.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
True. Didn't think about that. I'm sure Sakurai would go for the look that was actually on a Nintendo platform
Yeah no I’m confident if they got in, they would be more of their classic N64 look with maybe some flourishes from Nuts and Bolts like fur and feather detail and what not.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I'm just guessing with the leaker who got details right and also said something of Minecraft was coming meant it was indeed a miniscule representation of Minecraft like a stage (under the belief he wouldn't make an appropriate character/moveset or something), gotten while Nintendo was negotiating with Microsoft to finally put Banjo in. Would they reasonably finally negotiate with Microsoft to put their stuff in Smash Bros JUST for a stage or assist trophy of their IP?

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I'm just guessing with the leaker who got details right and also said something of Minecraft was coming meant it was indeed a miniscule representation of Minecraft like a stage (under the belief he wouldn't make an appropriate character/moveset or something), gotten while Nintendo was negotiating with Microsoft to finally put Banjo in. Would they reasonably finally negotiate with Microsoft to put their stuff in Smash Bros JUST for a stage or assist trophy of their IP?
If Sakurai was in talks with Microsoft, I think it plays out like this:

He sees that Banjo & Kazooie were popular on the ballot and notes the fact that Phil Spencer has publicly stated they'd be completely okay with B&K in Smash. He meets with Microsoft and they give him the OK. Either Sakurai or Microsoft want to sweeten the deal as they see an opportunity since they're already talking anyways, so they then agree to Minecraft content in Smash as Microsoft has been pushing the game for ages (on Nintendo as well!) and it's the second best-selling video game of all-time. Maybe Sakurai didn't have the dev time to add Steve as a character or he couldn't think of a proper moveset, but at least one side still wanted the game to be represented.

In my opinion, the only scenario where Banjo & Kazooie aren't in is if they didn't talk at all.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Plus it comes from games that were not flops like Nuts and Bolts, which helps.
Although All-Stars Racing is good, it didn't help the N&B look's reputation.
Nuts and Bolts didn't flop it sold very well. Microsoft even did a rerelease for their version of greatest hits for the game (platinum games I think they're callled)

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So, why is it that the series didn't get any new games since then? Did they run out of ideas, or did some of the staff leave the company sometime afterwards?
Well a lot of key people left but I'm pretty sure that happened well before N&B. Honestly, we have no real reason why Rare hasn't made a new Banjo game.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
In any case, having B&K show up in Smash might be what's needed to encourage them at trying out a new installment again.
It's absolutely what they need right now. Someone on the forums here actually compared them to Bubsy, Croc, and Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (whose games I actually like so I consider that last comparison a compliment) and called B-K a washed-out hasbeen. I know they're just video game characters, honestly, but when you have two stellar 3D-platforming games and then get sent to another company that doesn't know what to do with them so they just wallow in obscurity and actually get compared to freaking Bubsy, we have a problem! And the only solution? PUT 'EM IN SMASH. Show the ignorant masses who didn't grow up with the beauty of Spiral Mountain, Gruntilda's Lair, and the Isle of Hags why Gruntilda Winkybunion learned to fear the bear and bird!

SamuXCI

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamuXCI
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
It's absolutely what they need right now. Someone on the forums here actually compared them to Bubsy, Croc, and Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (whose games I actually like so I consider that last comparison a compliment) and called B-K a washed-out hasbeen. I know they're just video game characters, honestly, but when you have two stellar 3D-platforming games and then get sent to another company that doesn't know what to do with them so they just wallow in obscurity and actually get compared to freaking Bubsy, we have a problem! And the only solution? PUT 'EM IN SMASH. Show the ignorant masses who didn't grow up with the beauty of Spiral Mountain, Gruntilda's Lair, and the Isle of Hags why Gruntilda Winkybunion learned to fear the bear and bird!
And don't forget Grant Kirkhope's clean soundtrack. I'm looking to beat someones *** to Nippers Battle theme.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
And don't forget Grant Kirkhope's clean soundtrack. I'm looking to beat someones *** to Nippers Battle theme.
In fact, it would be amazing to have Grant Kirkhope come up with a Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie medley for Smash. I'm sure he'd be more than up to the task!

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Any Banjo Tooie boss battle theme would be perfect for smash.

I’d love Old King Coal’s theme. Always my fave. The battle and the music

Klimax

Smash Ace
The 30th of June will be the 20th anniversary of the Banjo Kazooie's release in the US.
I think it might be a good idea to check Microsoft, Phil Spencer, Rare and Nintendo twitter's accounts. We could have a good surprise !

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
The 30th of June will be the 20th anniversary of the Banjo Kazooie's release in the US.
I think it might be a good idea to check Microsoft, Phil Spencer, Rare and Nintendo twitter's accounts. We could have a good surprise !
Close, it's actually Friday the 29th, but yeah I'm hoping they do something to celebrate. At least MENTION their 20th anniversary.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Close, it's actually Friday the 29th, but yeah I'm hoping they do something to celebrate. At least MENTION their 20th anniversary.
That's what I think the plush is for. Usually with premature listings in retailer systems, the announcement of the item is not too far off afterwards. I wouldn't be surprised if MS tweets on Friday about preorders for the plush becoming available.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Honestly I feel that eventually Banjo and Kazooie have a decent shot either for base game or dlc. The fact that fanservice is going to the max is good for them, as it means that Nintendo and Sakurai might be willing to bargain. The only thing that makes me concerned is that no third party was announced at E3. Other than that, I feel their chances are the best they have been since Melee.

Also Imagine the alternate timeline where Banjo is in Melee and the bear and bird either stayed in the series or got announced back at E3 this year.

Top Bottom