• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get the Lead Out: Metal Mario (Echo Fighter)

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
With Super Smash Bros. Ultimate including every playable fighter, there's one in particular from Smash 64 and Melee who--despite never being playable--could easily fit into an Echo role.

Metal Mario would be a shrewd move as an Echo of sorts, utilizing Mario's looks (with FLUDD as a debatable option, though I'd rather have his Mario Tornado).

Metal_Mario.png

Despite only being a "costume" of Mario, Metal Mario has gotten recognition as often a separate character with games like Mario Kart 7.

The obvious question is: What happens when Metal Mario gets a metal box? To which I suggest he dons a total metal covering like his Smash 64 look:
180px-Metal_Mario_SSB.png

In addition to his ease of development, Metal Mario could help bring back his Meta Crystal stage, not seen since the N64.
1367628367844.jpg

Metal Mario would be considerably slower and more powerful than Mario, with a poorer recovery due to his weight.

There was always something about Metal Mario. He seemed imposing, intimidating, almost...sinister is his heavy steps. Let's take the mini-boss to the main event.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
One thingy here...when was metal in Kart DS? Last time I checked his first kart appearance was 7.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think he'd be great, except the Metal Box item kind of makes him refundant. Special mode also has had metal match options

But sure, bring the stage back

Last edited:

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
Metal Mario seems to pop up in fake leaks all the time for whatever reason

I think he'd make a fine character and a good reference to Smash 64. I think making him look like Smash 64, rather than just Mario covered in metal, would help make him more visually distinct. Mario Odyssey did that for its Metal Mario costume.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I think he would be very interesting. And if people can use the "We haven't seen Robin's Final Smash" or "Samus lost her Dark Samus costume and we haven't seen her AT yet" as "proofs" for Chrom and Dark Samus as Echo Fighters then I'm saying Metal Mario is possible since we haven't seen the Metal Box.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think he would be very interesting. And if people can use the "We haven't seen Robin's Final Smash" or "Samus lost her Dark Samus costume and we haven't seen her AT yet" as "proofs" for Chrom and Dark Samus as Echo Fighters then I'm saying Metal Mario is possible since we haven't seen the Metal Box.
Don't forget that we haven't seen Lip's Stick yet.

At this point in time we can say it's possible but nothing's certain until December 7.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i dont mind Metal Mario echo he feels more like his own thing currently someone who is separate from Mario however i would like if Metal Mario has the Super Mario 64 type of moveset such as replacing F.L.U.D.D with Yoshi's down B and his dash attack into the one in Mario 64 also replacing the Mario up B coin into the red coin

Top Bottom