• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Schooled! 7/23, Ann Arbor, MI - Results Thread

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
DOUBLES (7 TEAMS)

1: Ally and Junebug ($98.00) :metaknight: / :lucario:
2: Lain and Bowyer ($42.00) :metaknight: / :metaknight:
3: Sparta Kick and Tech_Chase :metaknight: :snake: / :dedede: :warioc:
4: Oblivion and Tutu :snake: :metaknight: / :zelda:
5: Gio and Goddy :metaknight: / :metaknight:
5: Rabbi and Jon :metaknight: / :metaknight:
7: Ori and Gifts :metaknight: / :metaknight:

Are Tutu, Junebug and I really the only three people who did not go MK in doubles? Wow.

SINGLES (15 ENTRANTS)

1: Ally ($90.00) :falco: :metaknight: :snake:
2: Junebug ($45.00) :lucario:
3: Lain ($15.00) :metaknight: :popo:
4: Sparta Kick :snake: :metaknight:
5: Rabbi Nevins :metaknight:
5: Oblivion :snake: :falco:
7: What's The Point :falco: :rob: :metaknight:
7: Tutu :sheilda:
9: Dingdong :metaknight:
9: fZk :diddy:
9: Tech_Chase :dedede: :warioc: :popo:
9: JontheMesa :metaknight:
13: Gifts :metaknight:
13: Macthat :snake: :rob:
13: Ori :popo: :metaknight:

ZTD | TECHnology

There's at least an MK on every team and 4 of them are double MK....?

I hate this state sometimes. Shoutouts later...maybe.

ZTD | TECHnology

1: Ally ($90.00) - Grats on winning again Elliot. I always enjoy harassing you. Sorry about things running behind.

2: Junebug ($45.00) Nice to meet you. I had the most fun I did all day playing you. Glad to see I can give you at least somewhat of a challenge. Sick Lucario. Very good at pressuring.

3: Lain ($15.00) - I thought you'd beat June. Oh well good stuff anyway. I am still pretty mad at you right now though.

4: Sparta Kick - Seems we both had a bad day. I still had fun teaming as always. My favorite partner ever. Plus its always nice to hang out. I know it'll be a while before I see you so enjoy your trip and your upcoming birthday :)

5: Rabbi Nevins - I'm sorry about how I've been acting after the tournament. Good stuff.

5: Oblivion :snake: + Brinstar threw me off lol WTF Alan?? Good set though. I'm sure they'll be a next time lol You've pretty much turned into one of my rivals at this point.

7: What's The Point - Hungover. I smiled.

7: Tutu - GGs yet again. Tired of losing to you but at least now they're legit sets. I really like that your using Zelda more too, keep at it bro.

9: Dingdong - Return of Hateoni?

9: fZk - Nice to see you again Juan. Whats up with your placing? You are soooooo much better than 9th. Next time you got this.

9: Tech_Chase - Get ***** by MK more please.

9: JontheMesa - Your potential is beginning to really shine. Great job.

13: Gifts - Your potential is also beginning to shine as well. Thanks for the talks and stuff and being a great Co TO.

13: Macthat - Nice to meet you and GGs..better than I expected.

13: Ori - Pick a main and go from there. You are better than last place, Kalle.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
This is not how I like tourneys to look.
Dubs being so mk based I really would like him to be banned for a few tourneys so we can try and find good team combinations. Double mk is rediculus and if this keeps going we should call every tourney super smash MK

Only 15 entrants I mean I know I had johns and couldn't come and so did a FEW others but is this all we have? Begining of summer our pr was being fought for if this is our scene our pr should be lain and SK and there's the cut off

And if the whole MW get together doesn't happen we should all quit anyway because the only MU we will be good at is MK with a little falco and ICs if those people start picking up the pace

:phone:

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
as much as I love mk and love mk dittos, i feel discontent. I feel that this is the reason our state is about to die. WTP is right that MI brawl will be entirely dead in september (unless the return of roller says otherwise ;) ).

We cant get any new people because they come in, get ***** by mk and say **** it. I know that in an ideal world they get over it and get better, but why would someone even want to enter the competitive scene after their first tourney when all they play is an mk who ***** their soul.

Ive been in the process of changing mains, im just not comfortable enough yet to whip it out. Next PR season I will most likely be dropping mk. Just in an attempt to somehow revive the scene.

As much as I hate to say it, banning mk could save our scene. Tech I dont blame you for being pissed, im a bit pissed myself at how the metagame is. If I could **** with wario trust me I would. There is no more fun character then wario imo. I dont care about PR or being good, I just want to be recognized enough for people to want to team with me and not give me fourth seed. Im not sure how many more upsets its going to take before that actually happens but once it does i dont see a reason to support the gayness that is brawls metagame. Although I think its inevitable. Brawl is doomed to this metagame. Thats just what the mechanics of the game cause.

ZTD | TECHnology

I dont even want to see MK banned as much as I hate the character with a fiery, rage filled passion. But its becoming a problem and I acknowledge it. Yet I have the ability to do something about it. I've tried REALLY hard to not let my countless bad experiences involving MK alter my perception of the game competitively but its hard not to. I just don't know right now.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
oh and i forgot to say, it goes without saying if I could choose the brawl metagame I would say 100% metaknight with nothing else so no complaining. But I realize this is unreasonable to hope for so I didnt even mention it

Oh what a beautiful world it would be...

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Hm. xD

I'm still mediocre at the ditto, but that would be awesome Tech! :O
Being good at the ditto means winning MI's money so it seems. Oh wait, or playing Lucario...
<_<

dont get ahead of yourself kass i'd definitely unleash my secret weapon on you :yeahboi:

and yeah if you main lucario or yoshi and come to MI expect to make bank

also i ****ing love kirby games and metaknight is my favorite character in the game, not even considering how good he is. king dedede is actually probably 2nd what a boss

ZTD | TECHnology

Seriously Lucario has been the bane of MI for a while now. Just ask Lain and Judge...lol

Yoshi and Ness are up there also.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Ironically, new people end up using mk just cause he's easiest to pick up

new ppl like Marco and Jon :troll:

naw dog. Me and jon started using mk because playing the ditto was way too much fun. I actually think getting good at mk is very difficult. Especially getting good at the ditto. If anything its one of, if not the most complex matchup in the game imo

I lol every time I think about how before the game came out, gio was mad excited mk was in the game and I was mad excited diddy was in it. *looks at tier lists*

santia bros with those HARD reads

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.... Mk is easy to pick up, not gonna lie. But when people act like that is the only reason some of us are competing or beating people it's just annoying. simply annoying, it's basically saying the player has no skill, and I am sorry but until you are one of the top top players in the world you shouldn't be complaining about mk, because it obviously hasn't come down to character problems, IT HAS COME DOWN TO PLAYER PROBLEMS (habits, unsafe play, predictability)

I'm just saying I didn't see Ally or June complain about the MKs as they ***** there way through our tourney....

and now because of the whole attitude toward mk in the brawl scene I am literally thinking of changing characters, but I don't know if I would rather do that or just quit brawl in general. At this point playing melee seems like a much more appealing choice. At least if I beat people in melee they would not be able to say I won because of a cheap broken character...

Also.... Gio's secret weapons be free as they come :yeahboi:

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
I know your secret weapon Gio... 100% know it... I have a secret weapon for you.... luckily on the MU chart our MU is even.... so we shall see son.... we shall see....

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Lol I ain't scurred of no mk bring em on, I very much agree with John though

anyways it's a shame this results thread turned into this

Top Bottom