• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Schooled! 7/23, Ann Arbor, MI - Results Thread

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to jon for the hypest set of the tourney, you got em next time

and to junebug for being the broest of bros

$B too good

:phone:

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
The amount of MKs in doubles is not surprising. The amount of Zelda's is.

And honestly lol, those who use MK shouldn't feel obligated to play someone else. You use him for a reason, whatever that reason is to you, and someone else shouldn't effect that.

Those who complain about MK (in Michigan) are complaining about basic MK stuff like "omg nado" "omg he ***** offstage", etc. Most people in Michigan have issues trying to punish basic MK stuff... like grounded shuttle loop or nado. I mean, you shouldn't get a punish every time, but the amount I see MKs get away with it is ridiculous. And in general, I see habits not being punished... like Tech vs. Rabbi. Tech could have had game 3 like 20 times if he would have read the spotdodges instead of being impatient and trying to grab right away. And in addition, I think he dropped 2 or 3 grabs. I mean, yeah, it's MK, but you're still fighting the player. You just need to read the habits better and stop choking.

/lol

shoutouts later

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
I have never said I lost just because it was MK or 2 MKs I'm trying to make my Kirby better then the average MK. But seeing this many in our tournament scene may be harmful.

Like Rabbi said new people arent going to like coming to a tourney to be ***** by MK (and when they look at ANYTHING Brawl its people *****ing about him and his legal status) and come back to waste another 15-25 dollars. We need to grow both in population and in experience Say I had Ally and Junes spot and went through to GF what do I get experience in? MK/Zelda, MK/MK, MK/MK...hell say its a RR tourney because its only 7 teams I get to learn the Double MK MU MK/(Zelda/snake/d3/wario) and 3 of those were from 1 person whos trying to stay away from MK...Great

Now I think Im doing good because I got good enough to do damage in MI tourneys and try going out of state...I get wrecked by everyone because the only MU I know is MK... While its a very good MU to know its not the only one and the bigger tourneys will have something besides MK in pools and I wont make it out. Thats not going to make our state look any better when all we can do is **** mid level MKs

If you mained MK because you loved the Kirby series and think hes badass I think thats great but I think you should get a secondary so that you can use him at our in house Tourneys and SF so we can grow better at MUs as well as skill because we will have to learn different playstyles and how to adapt to those styles.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
3 people need to use :metaknight: in dubs and 6 need to use :metaknight: in singles

what a perfect world that would be...

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I tried that Boxxy and I will never go back down that route.

/combo breaker

And SK is totally right. I was just really frustrated at that point and wasnt even reading stuff. And I choked big time with the entire tournament watching....

I guess I just need to look at why I lost, lick my wounds and move on.

Xyless

Smash Master
So as you can tell, I wound up not going. My best friend invited me to lunch with him in Adrian so I could see his newborn before he and his wife went to a wedding.

And babies are a priority.

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
Byaaaaaah! time for shout outs

1: Ally ($90.00) - Fun pool games as always
2: Junebug ($45.00) - Fun friendlies, thanks for the tips you gave me.
3: Lain ($15.00) - Always nice chillin' with you
4: Sparta Kick - ggs, hella close, I've never hated RC so much as I did when playing against you. I could tell you weren't feeling it at this tourney like you normally do though, which is too bad. Fun games nonetheless.
5: Rabbi Nevins - awwwww yeah 5th son, and you said you didn't wanna enter... psh... I think that amazonian tea was making me way to pumped in doubles hahahaha
5: Oblivion - Ggs, wow I didn't realize that lylat is the hardest stage to see C4, mines and all of snakes other little trinkets. At least game 2 was a lot closer.
7: What's The Point - hungover lol
7: Tutu - swag
9: Dingdong - ggs started to catch on a lot better game 2 in pools
9: fZk - man, game 3 was crazy with all the mishaps that happened in about 10 seconds... ggs
9: Tech_Chase - Thanks for hosting, ggs in doubles, and getting times out is always a dish high in sodium
9: JontheMesa - Starting to get there
13: Gifts - You're getting a lot better, I think pretty soon it will all just click for you
13: Macthat - Didn't get to play
13: Ori - ggs, that SD game 2 was unfortunate... That's supposed to be my calling card....

Shout outs to Hot Arms for coming to a tourney! What a fun/funny kid.

And shout outs to AA for giving me a free 5 hour energy!!!!!

RichBrown

Smash Master
Ahh so this is where June was. Good ****, and of course props to Ally for being so good that no one gives a **** when he wins LOL

junebug

Smash Journeyman
Falco and diddy.

this. and i nearly lost. :(

special shoutouts to ally for ****** me/with me. and also to WTP for getting me there and housing me, you da bes.

thanks to everyone from michigan for being so chill. you guys were hella interesting to watch and talk to. (juan, harms, tutu, ori, lain, TC, jon, gio, oblivion, dingdong, macthat, gifts, bchic, SK, rabbi, etc. hopefully i didn't forget anyone!)

shoutouts to metaknight. especially lain's. (smirk) <3

i would say see you soon, but i probably won't be coming to MI again anytime soon. so hopefully i'll see yall @ apex. :)

fZk

Smash Lord
Ally was messing around in Winners Finals, I saw the set and I don't think he was playing very seriously. Hopefully this wasn't a to keep Lain off top two, though Lain came very to beating Ally on Losers Finals, it went to game 5.

Roller

Smash Legend
WTP is right that MI brawl will be entirely dead in september (unless the return of roller says otherwise ;) ).
Oh. Otherwise is being called. You're talking to the man that started the Mason Hall smashfests and (collaboratively) tournaments. I will be bringing AA back at the very least. If I have to start hosting more tourneys, I will do that.

I'm smelling GSS sequels.

fZk

Smash Lord
bracket manipulation?
No, just that it looked like he wasn't playing his hardest compared to when he 6-0 June in grand, he still almost won though. Plus June beat Lain solidly in winners bracket, probably that would have happened again had they met in losers.

Yooo why do we have so many people in this 15 man tournament results thread?

@Ed My Zelda was going in... Until I started playing people around my skill level/weren't rustler than an 10 year old bike that got left out in the rain and the entirty of Winter without ever getting any kind of maintenance, then I got bodied and put her back in the rotbox. It's getting there though.

Shoutouts to the recording set up for letting me get every tourny match I played recorded.

Full Shoutouts later.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
dont get ahead of yourself kass i'd definitely unleash my secret weapon on you :yeahboi:

and yeah if you main lucario or yoshi and come to MI expect to make bank

also i ****ing love kirby games and metaknight is my favorite character in the game, not even considering how good he is. king dedede is actually probably 2nd what a boss
Lmao what? How was I getting ahead of myself, I said I'm still mediocre at the ditto.

I know what you're secret weapon is....

:diddy:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Yooo why do we have so many people in this 15 man tournament results thread?

@Ed My Zelda was going in... Until I started playing people around my skill level/weren't rustler than an 10 year old bike that got left out in the rain and the entirty of Winter without ever getting any kind of maintenance, then I got bodied and put her back in the rotbox. It's getting there though.

Shoutouts to the recording set up for letting me get every tourny match I played recorded.

Full Shoutouts later.
LOL.

Was our set recorded? I'd really like to see it.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
Fun tourney, but it went soooooooo much longer than it should have.

1: Ally ($90.00)- Good stuff winning. Thanks for the advice. I’ll beat lain for sure next time ;)
2: Junebug ($45.00)- Soooooooooo disappointed we didn’t meet in bracket. :(Good stuff ****** lain though. That set was entertaining.
3: Lain ($15.00)- ****kkkkkkkkkkk @ our set LMAO. I kind of wish you would have played me earlier so I wouldn’t have had to wait over an hour just to lose. Thanks for giving me back my $10 though lol.
5: Rabbi Nevins- Good stuff with your placing. Try to mix up your habits more and you’ll do even better.
5: Oblivion- Best set ever.
7: What's The Point- lol those troll characters in pools :|
7: Tutu- Glad I didn’t play you in bracket this time lmao. **** Zelda’s Usmash OMFG.
9: fZk- You can do better, I know you can. Fun set in winners though.
9: Tech_Chase- Prepare yourself… long shoutout. I could tell you improved a lot this tourney. Your desynchs with your ICs were looking scary, and I could tell you put a lot of time into them. You need to stop trying to reset the situation when you feel pressured though. Most of the time, someone gets in your face, and you roll away. This causes long uneventful matches, and the people that caught on ***** you for it. You were doing this in singles and doubles alike. I think you also get a little carried away when you’re offstage against MK. You pretty much give up as far as I can tell. And I already mentioned the thing about you vs. Rabbi where you needed to be more patient and wait for habits. Overall, you have some stuff to work on obviously, but I hope you keep with it. Even though you placed lower than you did last tourney, it doesn’t mean your effort you put toward this tourney was for nothing. Keep at it.
9: JontheMesa- Holy **** you got better lmao. I didn’t expect you to know as much about the MK ditto as you did. I should have went back to Snake game 3 lmao. Good stuff.
13: Gifts- I could tell you got better too. You kind of choked in bracket though :( also… thanks for your offer to siis. I didn’t really tell you that in person lol :x
13: Ori- yoooo… wtf is with that MK? Get that Marth going again.

Yoooo every tournament I was in got recorded. Both doubles and Singles.

Shoutouts to whoever put me on Lain's side of the bracket, that basically meant that no matter what I did to hold up the tournament (ie waiting for the recording set up to open) it wouldn't put the tournament behind any).

And Yo SK not that I disagree with your post, but didn't you pick up MK for the ditto since you felt it was impossible to do it with Snake?

Yo I'm bad at the Metaknight Matchup with every character, but that has nothing to do with MK or people who use him. That's my own personal issue, but like top tiers are top tier for a reason and mid/low tiers are mid/low for a reason.

And someone said something about the MK ditto being complex, while this is true, the same can be said for every ditto among characters who have decent options, and the only reason the MK ditto seems so complex is because you're comparing it with all his other MUs which basically go Hit Enemy off stage > win game. Or spam tornado, frametrap landing > win game. Let's be serious now guys fighting MK with a mid tier is a lot more complex than doing it with the man himself.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
No I didn't... I picked up MK because there are too many gay stages. and hey... it stopped people from picking RC against me. I use Snake vs. Gio, Rabbi, or any other MK. The reason I went MK against Jon was because my Snake wasn't playing very well that day. MK is easier to play when you make a lot of mistakes because it's not like they can **** you for them.

1: Ally ($90.00) The Canadian returns D:
2: Junebug ($45.00) I heard stories about how chill you were, but actually meeting you in person was awesome. The Smash community could use more Junebugs
3: Lain ($15.00) Lucky you didn't have to play me in pools would of got dat zelda whooping.
4: Sparta Kick: Even if you wee playing bad, as soon as u start playing me you get good again. Intentional over performance you deserve a yellow card my good sir ;o
5: Rabbi Nevins: Stop outplacing me. But for real you did really well in your set against Tech chase, and thanks as always for bringing a recording set-up, the world must know of this zelda.
5: Oblivion: Had a lot of fun in teams and we did really well, we should team again sometime. And our set in singles was so close, that accidental f-smash swa& tho. 2good
7: What's The Point: Thanks for picking me up as always, when are u gonna start trying in bracket again tho, I miss you. (even tho we got same placing lol)
7: Tutu: Looking like ZeldaMaster22 out here.
9: Dingdong: Glad you were able to make it out, MI misses you.
9: fZk: Yooo what happened?
9: Tech_Chase: You ****ing bodied first me omfg, then game 3 I has that miracle DI on your dash attack and then you tripped during your edge guarding. Super close set. Thanks for hosting the tournament was really fun.
9: JontheMesa: Fun stuff playing doubles. Stay swa&
13: Gifts: You got this son, thank for co-hosting as well.
13: Macthat: Thanks for making it out, hope you make it to another one, and don't be shy ask people for friendlies O:!
13: Ori: How you gonna beat me in pools then get dead last in bracket? I am disappoint, Making me looks free out here.

Shoutouts to Zelda's upsmash for always poking shield.

Swa&.

Top Bottom