• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Schooled 2 - 8/27 Results Thread *MK Banned* - Ann Arbor, MI

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
DOUBLES (7 TEAMS)

1. Blue Rogue and Suyon ($98.00) :wario: / :pit:
2. Sparta Kick and Oblivion ($42.00) :snake: :dedede: / :snake:
3. Lain and WTP :snake: :marth: / :kirby2: :dedede:
4. Ori and Rayquaza :marth: :wario: / :snake: :wario: :gw:
5. Gifts and Tech_Chase :wario: / :dedede: :warioc: :snake:
6. Ron and Zyth :rob: / :luigi2:
7. Josh and fZk :fox: :diddy:

Doubles were done round robin style followed by a Grand Finals set between the first and second placing teams. Sparta Kick and Oblivion won the first set of Grand Finals against Blue Rogue and Suyon but lost the second set. I do not have a pools image at this time.

SINGLES (22 ENTRANTS)

1: Lain ($106.00) :popo: :dedede:
2: Blue Rogue ($48.00) :wario: :popo: :lucas:
3: Sparta Kick ($30.00):snake: :marth:
4: Ragequaza ($18.00):snake:
5: Suyon ($9.00) :pit:
5: Tutu ($9.00) :sheilda:
7: Oblivion :snake: :marth:
7: Links24 :toonlink:
9: fZk :diddy:
9: Tech_Chase :dedede:
9: Ori :marth:
9: WTP :falco: :dk2:
13: King :pikachu2: :marth:
13: Gifts :diddy:
13: Solecalibur :warioc: :zerosuitsamus: :dedede: :wolf:
13: DarkLouis :wolf: :snake:

-----------------Pools Cutoff--------------------------------

Josh :fox:
Zyth :olimar:
Ron :falco: :rob:
Neo :wolf:
LOE1 :warioc:
Auspher: :lucario: :wolf:

SPECIAL THANKS TO...

Everyone for coming out and making Michigan's first Metaknight banned a big success! Special thanks go out to Alpena for coming down 4 hours again for this tournament. Ori for housing them. Super special thanks to Northeaste Ohio for taking a 6 man car down here like beasts! And also I want to thank the several new faces for showing up and making this event a success as well. We hope to see you guys again soon.

Also I guessed on quite a bit of the character information so if you see I have anything wrong then don't be afraid to tell me so we can make this as accurate as possible. I don't have a planned release date for my next tournament but I of course will inform all of you when I do. Thanks again guys for a really fun tournament!

- TC

:dedede:

D

Deleted member

Solecalibur also won with Wolf and D3.

I'll post shoutouts a bit later.

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
I like how Dan and I ended up both using the broken character that is :marth:

Shoutouts tomorrows or something.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
1: Lain ($106.00) - Much love Lainsies good stuff almost breaking my heart losing GF lol. Y U NO Grab Release :lucas: lol.
2: Blue Rogue ($48.00) - OMGASDGFJKHV I wanna play Wario so much more ater watching you lol
3: Sparta Kick ($30.00) - good stuff as always Dan! Dat :marth: of yours is too legit :troll:
4: Ragequaza ($18.00) - fun stuff in dubs, I always have fun teaming with you. Congrats on another top 4. I hope you make it into the rankings this season!
5: Suyon ($9.00) - fun stuff in doubles, your pit is greatly good.
5: Tutu ($9.00) - I should have stayed all :popo: lol
7: Oblivion - great stuff Alan, your definitely on your way to getting ranked. Congrats on 2nd in dubs as well :D
7: Links24 - It was great to finally meet you dude, your TL was sick and I had a lot of fun playing it.
9: fZk - another great set Juan. Game 3 was soooo close and I can't believed I tripped into your banana T_T;
9: Tech_Chase - Fun tourney as always Derek! Doubles was sooo much fun especially with my well inspired fsmashes :yeahboi: :wario: x4 + :brinstar: = :troll::yeahboi::awesome:
9: WTP - fun stuff in pools/dubs. :marth: is just too fast after getting hit by the lava :yeahboi:
13: Gifts - Dubs was mad fun. Quad :wario: is the greatest thing ever.
13: Solecalibur - Words can't describe the intensity of our set. You pushed my :popo:,:dedede:, and :marth: to the limit dude and I can't thank you enough for bringing out my full potential. Your :wario: is mad legit and I'd love to play you again!
13: DarkLouis - great seeing you again!

Josh - fun stuff in doubles, hope you come to more events!
Zyth / Ron - good stuff in dubs, I was really nervous lol
Auspher - fun stuff in singles. Your Wolf is good, you just gotta watch out for them chain grabs.

Tech for Characters I used :marth::popo::dedede: in that order.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I tried...:(

My pool was the hardest. I did take a game from Links with my Lucario, though.
It was a difficult pool, but not impossible
1. Lain - #1 in MI
2. Links - #9 in OH
3. me - unranked
4. WTP - HM 3 in MI
5. you - unranked

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I deserved my placing last night. I haven't really played Brawl too much since the last tournament. But I had some pretty awesome sets.

fZk

Smash Lord
Not sure if they were saved, but if you're wondering about LOE1 his pool was Gifts, DarkLouis, Blue Rogue, Zyth and me. He beat Gifts 2-0 and lost 0-2 to everyone else.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I know that he beat gifts, but i was wondering how he got out of pools

i already know that gifts beat zyth, but now that you mention that Louis was in that pool, im assuming Gifts beat him?

:phone:

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
I think what happened was Gifts beat zyth while losing to LOE1. So LOE1 and Gifts both beat one person, but Gifts had a few 2-1s while LOE1 had none, so that made Gifts 4th seed.

Also... I just noticed that Rayquaza was actually entered as Ragequaza. Too good lmao.

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
lucas won gfs owow i missed something amazing again X_X

nex time ori we gonna get dat $ in dubz and ima practice meh wario incase i cant use my dubz main:V

fZk

Smash Lord
What happened with that pool was that LOE1, Gifts and Zyth all won one set but both Zyth and Gifts had a set that was 1-2 giving them a total of 3 wins. Gifts had the tie-braker against Zyth because he had won their set. In case you're wondering Gifts took a match of DL and Zyth took game 1 against me.

Funny story is that TC had already made the bracket with Zyth in it but then I noticed that it was Gifts that was supposed to get out and he changed it just before the bracket started. Gifts was happy about it, Zyth not so much.

ZTD | TECHnology

TC'S SEXY SODIUM-FREE SHOUTOUTS

1: Lain ($106.00) - Good stuff again. That D3 was looking very crunk today. Also...no grab release against Lucas...? Why? lol

2: Blue Rogue ($48.00) - Sup girl? Good job today in both singles and doubles. GGs also in bracket. I'll get you one of these days. Also...:lucas: too good.

3: Sparta Kick ($30.00) - Dan <3 My absolute favorite player to play against. Great set as always. I was so scared Game 2 lmao. Looking forward to hanging out at SIIS6 and rocking ****. Also that :marth: was very sexy. Keep using him!

4: Ragequaza ($18.00) - Good stuff today. John just a little less though ..lol

5: Suyon ($9.00) - Goddamn your Pit is so gay lol. I'm not sure how I managed to take back the set lmao. Good stuff today though pretty impressive!

5: Tutu ($9.00) - We should have teamed and showed them the glory that is double :sheik: son.

7: Oblivion - Slightly salty about how I lost to you lol. Oh well nothing that can be helped...GGs as always Alan <3 You've begun to drop some of your bad habits and its showing! And yep our career record is 3-2 in my favor...and 2 wins is all you're gonna get because I won't let you beat me again ;) Until next time....stay sexy. :dedede:

7: Links24 - Nice to see you again. Happy I didn't have to play you though...those timeouts..lmao.

9: fZk - You're better than this and you know it. Pit is mad gay though. lol nice to see you again as always Juan.

9: Tech_Chase - Eh bad days happens. You had fun though and that's the important part. No regrets for a change.

9: Ori - LOL best doubles set ever Kalle. :warioc:

9: WTP - I see you're back to not trying again ;)

13: King - I should have just stayed D3 against you. Lesson learned. Next time that electric rodent's *** is mine ;) GGs.

13: Gifts - A well earned personal victory for yourself. Good **** making it out of pools the hard way. Also sorry about what happened in Game 3 against Rage and Ori..I just ****ed up lol. I had fun teaming though at least.

13: Solecalibur - I wanted to play you :( Oh well nice to see you again! Thanks for coming out.

13: DarkLouis - GGs Louis...scared the **** out of me Game 1 lmao. Mad fun as always..see you Wednesday!

Josh - Nice to meet you and GGs in doubles.

Zyth - Get Forward Smashed more...lmao.

Ron - Hey boo. ;)

Neo - GGs in bracket. Nice to meet you!

LOE1 - Nice to see you again!

Auspher - We need to go clubbin' son. ;) Also those Wolf dittos were pretty fun <3

ZTD | TECHnology

Also if everyone could post a brief recap of their bracket matches that would be nice.

I need the following info:

The characters used for each game
The stages played on for each game
Who won

Just for bracket only please.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Too bad Indiana wanted to go to Illinois. I would've come to this. Tech baby, pick up that slack. I know you've got more in you than 9th, although I can't talk, since I don't do singles anymore.

Stay motivated.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Also if everyone could post a brief recap of their bracket matches that would be nice.

I need the following info:

The characters used for each game
The stages played on for each game
Who won

Just for bracket only please.
myself and rays set went like.
Ps1 starter my diddy vs his snake. He won and bans fd. I cp to sv.

Set between oblivion and me.
Diddy vs his marth on sv. He wins and bans fd. I cp to bf and go marth.

The way i got out of pools was as followed. I got 2-0 by blue rogue and fzk, loe1 beat me (when i do shout outs ill explain what happened in that set) 2-0, i beat zyth 2-0, and i took a game off dark louis.
Loe1 got 2-0 by everyone but me and beat me 2-0.
Zyth got 2-0 by blue rogue and dark louis. He took a game off of fzk. And then got 2-0 by me.
So like fzk said loe1 only had 2 total games won while zyth and i both had 3 total games won. I beat zyth in the head to head so thats what got me out of pools.

Te amo fzk <3

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Pools:
-Beat Zyth 2-0 w/ Wolf only
-Beat Loe1 2-0 w/ Wolf and Snake
-Beat Gifts 2-1 w/ Wolf
-Lost to Fzk 0-2 w/ Wolf
-Lost to Blue Rogue 0-2 w/ Wolf

Bracket:
-Lost to Tech_Chase 0-2 w/ Snake only
-Lost to WTP 0-2 w/ Wolf only

Despite this, I'm determined to pick up Wolf again. :D

Shoutouts:
Fzk - 1-1 now. I'll get you next time! ;)
Tech_Chase - Sexy set as always. D3 is such a fun matchup. I'm gonna try my Wolf on you this Wednesday.
Zyth - Good to play you again since the very first gameyard. lol
WTP - Bair wars! lol Fun set, dude.
LOE1 - Fun set, man. Somehow Rainbow Cruise is one of my better stages.
Gifts - You've gotten A LOT better. I was so scared game 3 last stock. Seriously...keep it up, man.
Blue Rogue - Nice to meet you and nice comeback game 1. I thought I had you, but you are definitely better than me based on Game 2. Also, good games at the Melee tournament. I didn't know Ness could do that ****!

Sorry I didn't get to talk to you guys much. I don't think I want to do a Melee + Brawl tournament at the same time anymore. x_x

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
So, doubles with MK banned = Snake, Wario, and DDD. LOL

1: Lain ($106.00)- I would have had to kill you if you got 2nd after losing set one Marth vs. Lucas……. Good stuff as always though and thanks for the advice.
2: Blue Rogue ($48.00)- Fun sets and good stuff with 2nd. It was nice to play you instead of Lain for a change lol.
4: Ragequaza ($18.00)- yo…… stop johning omg. You did good though, you’re just a bad sport and I’m going to continue giving you a hard time until that changes. And Rayquaza07? More like Ditto07. It doesn’t matter who I play, you still want to ditto me lmao. http://oi52.tinypic.com/2yl39xf.jpg Shoutouts to my amazing paint skills.
5: Suyon ($9.00)- Your team combination really threw me off lol. Good stuff winning dubs… you made Pit look good through all your opponents’ frustrations lmfao.
5: Tutu ($9.00)- I understand your Snake frustration. You honestly might want to find a fun secondary that can kill… unfortunate about your bracket though :/
7: Oblivion- Copierrrrrrrrrr!
9: fZk- You almost had me :x Work on the stuff I mentioned and hopefully you’ll beat me next time :cool:
9: Tech_Chase- Best set ever……… I was completely shocked at the last minute of game 2. Thanks for hosting as always, it was a lot of fun. You need to stop fishing for kills with all the characters you play though. Spotdodge to kill move, and airdodge to kill move are not reliable at all and you know this lol.
9: Ori- Thanks for the housing and such. It was nice not having to drive back after the tourney.
9: WTP- Sorry about not going to the smashfest… and hey, I told you my Marth was legit!! :troll:
13: King- You were SDing like mad, but ggs in pools lol.
13: Gifts- Give this man a yellow card for pool manipulation :troll: We need to play more next tourney… Marth dittos were fun lol.
13: Solecalibur- Your completely janky Wario was throwing me off LOL. Good stuff game 1, and fun set.
Josh- I wanted to play friendlies with you, but I never got the chance… fun doubles set though.
Auspher- I didn’t play or talk to you, but stick with Wolf. Wolf is broken.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Well, just want to say tournament was fun and cool. Just want to say that I have never planked or camped this much in any other tournament than in MI. The other time I did it was in my previous MI tournament which was Lolis. Planking and camping against SamuraiPanda and Sauceboss or TheMann. Now I'm just going to do it even if I'm over the LGL. I don't care about it as long as I don't go to time unless I just want to waste everyone's time. So Michigan is awesome for making me think like this now.
Also Rayquaza, I had more fun just saying "HA!!" when you were confused about Pit. I didn't even care about losing since that was more enjoyable.

Also, I'm going to make sure that King and I don't play round 1 or round 2 and pools anymore since we always play in tournament now.

Big disappointment with L_Cancel not being here...and sumer...and L-R-A-Start or AKA Reset. =| Though I'm not sure what even happened to them.

Bracket
Tutu: All sheik on BF, FD, and PS1 with Tutu winning
King: All Pikachu on me on SV I believe. Then PS1 I went wario and won the set.
fzk: All diddy on me on SV, FD, and BF with me winning
Oblivion: All marth on me on YI? and BF with me winning
Rayquaza: Went snake on me on SV and Lylat with him winning.

Small shoutouts
Lain - Stay pimpin yo.
Blue Rogue - good job. Don't care, you won with lucas.
Sparta Kick - Good games. You just kept on reading me with those grabs. Good games in doubles as well.
Ragequaza - Apparently Pit is broken when snake still wins.
Tutu - You just made me hate PS1 even more man. It was nice seeing you again as well.
Oblivion - Good games in doubles and singles. That SD was unfortunate.
Links24 - I thought you were going to step it up man =(
fZk - Good games. I know I made that game very stressful for you but I just didn't want to get banana comboed anymore
Tech_Chase - That penguin's grab range is just sadface for me. Second game I thought I had it till I tripped and ate that delicious gordo. 3rd game I was just getting read or just getting grabbed badly. Good job hosting this tournament except making me and King play twice and even playing.
Ori - Good games in doubles. I would have liked to play you in singles. Also I would have joined in that quad wario.
WTP - Nice to see you again. I still believe we never played but I'll just take your word that we did.
King - Hope you had a good time except for the fact that we played and blue making us stay longer.
Gifts - Good game in doubles.
Solecalibur - You had really good sets out there sole. Very enjoyable to watch as well. You had two good chances in winning the set against Ori though. Good job in taking a game off sparta kick and I couldn't. Thanks for the ride to MI as well.
DarkLouis - I never talked to you but wish I could have played you as well.
Auspher - I believe that you could have made it out of pools if it was different. Your chant is amaaazing. Just makes sure it doesn't get me nervous. Melee was also fun too since we can't do anything really. I'll make sure to show you touhou or something next time.

Also, don't worry neoh. I'll get those pics of Shion if I get better quality and those subs aren't in the way later if I can find them.

D

Deleted member

1: Lain ($106.00) :popo: :dedede: - I didn't know you had such a good King DeDeDe. I'm also really glad I got a chance to play your ICs. I've been aching to play that matchup with you for a while.

2: Blue Rogue ($48.00) :wario: :popo: :lucas: - LUCAS! If I would have known Lain was gonna go ICs on that final game, then yeah, Lucas would have been a great choice. You still played really well and almost beat him again. Good stuff.

3: Sparta Kick ($30.00):snake: :marth: - Wolf is indeed broken, but my confidence with him is lacking. I think that's what is keeping me from getting better at this game...

4: Ragequaza ($18.00):snake: - You mad, bro?

5: Suyon ($9.00) :pit: - Campiest Pit on da earf. Thanks for the advice on my Lucario. We will have to play Touhou sometime and we'll see if I can get into it.

5: Tutu ($9.00) :sheilda: - Damn...someone got a lot better.

7: Links24 :toonlink: - I'm still happy I took a game from you. I don't care if you're bad on Castle Siege, lol. I actually had no idea you didn't like that stage. You were pretty scary on the first transformation.

9: fZk :diddy: - We never did play out our MM.

9: Tech_Chase :dedede: - Ugh...I hate fighting Snake. And yeah, I'm still terrible at the Wolf ditto. Never have won it before. Thanks for hosting this MK banned tourney though. It's really only a matter of time...

9: Ori :marth: - Yeah, I guess Yoshi's was a bad pick. I was able to survive your spiking on SV because the base blastzone is further down.

9: WTP :falco: :dk2: - I thought that I could have beaten you. I don't know what happened to me on that last stock. I played the MU pretty well for the most part, cause I normally hate Lucario vs. Falco.

13: King :pikachu2: :marth: - Damn, you and Suyon in the same pool. :/

13: Gifts :diddy: - cute. :3

13: Solecalibur :warioc: :zerosuitsamus: :dedede: :wolf: - I'm so salty that I didn't get a pool like yours.

13: DarkLouis :wolf: :snake: - Didn't get to play you this time. :<

Auspher: :lucario: :wolf: - I'm terrible.

Super special Melee shout out to Flare for being cool and having a hacked Melee setup
and for being extremely hot and keeping me coming back to the Melee room for another glimpse. :3

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Tech here is my Bracket info
R1: fZk
- Game 1: :marth: vs :diddy: on Pokémon Stadium 1 (1-0 fZk)
- Game 2: :marth: vs :diddy: on Delfino Plaza (1-1 Ori_bro)
- Game 3: :marth: vs :diddy: on Smashville (2-1 fZk)

Losers R1: Solecalibur
- Game 1: :popo: vs :wario: on Battlefield (1-0 Solecalibur)
- Game 2: :dedede: vs :wario: on Delfino Plaza (1-1 Ori_bro)
- Game 3: :marth: vs :wario: on Frigate Orpheon (2-1 Ori_bro)

Losers R2: Tutu
- Game 1: :popo: vs :sheik: on Yoshi's Island (1-0 Ori_bro)
- Game 2: :marth: vs :sheik: on Battlefield (1-1 Tutu)
- Game 3: :popo: vs :sheik: on Smashville (2-1 Tutu)

I'll do Shoutouts later

Me vs Suyon All Sheik vs All Pit
Won BF Lost FD Won Ps1

Me vs Lain
Lost Sheik vs ICs on BF. Lost Sheik vs Snake on Lylat

Me vs Ori
Lost Sheik vs ICs on YI. Won Sheik vs Marth on BF. Won Sheik vs ICs on SV

Me vs Links 24
All Sheik vs All TL
Won Ps1. Won BF

Tutu vs SK
Lost SV sheik vs Snake. Won BF Falco vs Snake. Lost Frigate Falco vs Snake.

@SK Also looking at the bracket it didn't really matter cause I probably wouldn't beaten any of the people who placed above me anyway. And I'll work on ways to kill snake with Sheik, winning with a pocket character feels like a defeat lol.

Although all the people who outplaced me won 2-0 i don't think the gap is all that big. Yoooo me and RQ went in on NEOH, BlueRouge u lucky u didn't play either of us we woulda got in Dat wario *** imo

Top Bottom