• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Psyched - The William "B.J" Blazkowicz support thread

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
William "B.J" Blazkowicz
Wtno-william-joseph-bj-blazkowicz.jpg

B.J Blazkowicz as he appears in Wolfenstein: The New Order.

Who is B.J Blazkowicz
BJ_Wolfenstein_3D.png

B.J as he appears in Wolfenstein 3D, dual wielding Chain guns.

William "B.J" Blazkowicz is a U.S soldier/spy who is the main protagonist of the Wolfenstein games from Wolfenstein 3D and later games. He's a WWII hero who does his duty by carrying out orders, usually from the government via the fictional OSA or as a member of resistance groups. Regardless of what life throws at him, he usually rises to the occasion and completes the missions he's given.

What Can B.J Do?
Wolfenstein_BJ_Blazkowicz_1_by_Kiba_lnuzuka.jpg

B.J as he appears in the Raven Software developed Wolfenstein (2009)
B.J has picked up all sorts of weapons throughout his appearances in the continuities of Wolfenstein games, ranging from typical convention weapons of his era to even getting a hold of ancient artifacts and magic-like talismans. He's even picked up laser weaponry in his times on the moon and even on the planet Venus.

B.J is from Id Software. Has He Been on Nintendo Platforms?
Wolfenstein 3D has shown up on the SNES and the GBA. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is getting/already arrived on the Nintendo Switch. It is fair to say Nintendo familiarity isn't an issue here.
Here are the games B.J Blazkowicz appeared in with the Nintendo appearances in bold and italicized. Any expansions/ports sans The Old Blood are assumed to be listed as part of the games listed.

• Wolfenstein 3D (1992)
  • Wolfesntein 3D: Spear of Destiny (1992)
  • Wolfenstein RPG (2008)
  • Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2001)
  • Wolfenstein (2009)
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order (2014)
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (2015) [Standalone add-on to New Order]
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (2017)

Moveset Ideas
Blazkowicz_RTCW.jpg

B.J as he appears in Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
It is a good idea to composite B.J Blazkowicz throughout all of his continuities, regardless of how he could appear in Super Smash Bros. Sans realistic weaponry, he has some interesting options for attacks. He could utilize the laser weapons from the New Order, uses augment for his replacement body in The New Colossus, take the Thule Medallion from Wolfenstein (2009), the Dat' Yichud technology Set Roth introduced him to in the Machine Games continuity, and even use some basic explosive weaponry.

Pro's and Con's
There are indeed legitimate arguments for and against B.J Blazkowicz's potential inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Please do not assume an argument that isn't listed here is excluded out of dismissal.

Pro's
  • Has appeared in a historically impacting game.
  • Is currently relevant thanks to Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and the currently in development Quake Champions
  • He and his franchise of origin has a future in games.
Con's
  • WWII themes/imagery is a heavy issue that can hold B.J back.
  • Little to no Demand
  • A Doom Marine/The Doom Slayer is competition from Id Software. Id Software's sister company, Bethesda Game Studios/Bethesda Softworks, could present Elder Scrolls as competition as well.
  • First Party IP's have higher priority
Middle Ground
  • An odd choice for a character
  • We don't know how Id Software or parent company Zenimax would respond to a request for Super Smash Bros. character
  • A character from the DOS era of PC games
Music
B.J can have some pretty good music tracks for a Smash entry. Here are some tracks that are carefully selected to avoid controversy that would fit a stage.

Why B.J Blazkowicz?
B.J does have more to offer than just a "Cool Soldier" kind of character. He has access to super powered artifacts, laser weaponry, explosives, ancient technology that acts more like futuristic tech, and military training that involves weaponry and hand-to-hand combat. In one of the classic continuities, he's the ancestor to the Doom Marine and Commander Keen (both characters from different Id Software titles).

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'll support. As unlikely as this Nazi Slayer is I would still love to see him.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I'll support. As unlikely as this Nazi Slayer is I would still love to see him.
You're not the only one. He's got some potential. I'd prefer if he were composite of himself from all "timelines" for a moveset, ensuring a good moveset pool and possibly a unique fighter.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
To be fair Wolfenstein's first console port was the SNES although it was laughably censored.
There was also a GBA port which lacked any music whatsoever.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
To be fair Wolfenstein's first console port was the SNES although it was laughably censored.
There was also a GBA port which lacked any music whatsoever.
I think there was music in the GBA port as far as I read into, but there wasn't any code that triggered the game activating the music. It was bad coding on the developers part considering Id Software isn't the one behind this port.

The SNES port had to deal with a censorship happy Nintendo at the time. Recently, we have "mature" rated games ending up on the Switch and Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus is one of them, luckily intact. The guys who were behind the Switch port of latest Doom game are also behind the Switch port for The New Colossus. Hope they make this port a great port.

I actually want a port of the classic Wolfenstein 3D, uncensored, on the Switch. But, I'd like to be able to swap between the DOS and the Mac/3DO soundtracks.

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Time to see this a new fight through. A new Smash game is on the horizon. Let's see if Blazko has a chance.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I've never played Wolfenstein but, I'm planning on getting The New Order when I get my new PS4. I broke my last one from GRD (Gamer's Rage Disorder, that's not a thing! :p) I support!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hard to believe that the Wolfenstein 2 Switch port comes out in less than a week. I don't have any experience with the Wolfenstein series, but I'm looking forward to playing it!

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Hard to believe that the Wolfenstein 2 Switch port comes out in less than a week. I don't have any experience with the Wolfenstein series, but I'm looking forward to playing it!
I hope you like Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus. Most of the older games are available on G.O.G and Steam. The odd one here is the Raven Software developed Wolfenstein (2009) which may be found in places that sell used games.

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
Man, this thread sure has been dead for a long while, well I suppose it's because his "older brother" Doomguy is a more popular pick.
Nevertheless I would love to see BJ making in too. It would be so neat to have the original three legendary FPS characters: BJ, Doomguy and Duke Nukem.

I bet Pacman's smash attacks would also give our friend BJ some pretty traumatizing flashbacks, if you know what I mean. ;)

Top Bottom