• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Personally Critiqued by Pierce. OP Updated 11/18

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
This is a great idea, and I look forward to seeing what comes from this, but there's one question that's bothering me right now. To what range of characters do you feel you'll be able to offer proper advice for? You said yourself you don't want to limit your critiques to Marth, which is why you made this thread here, but it isn't clear whether you feel comfortable giving advice on anybody in the cast, or you'd feel better sticking mainly to high tiers. I don't think I'm the only person wondering this based on some of the responses here. Whether or not I will seek out a critique will depend heavily on your answer to this, since I don't want to take up a timeslot for a character you don't think you can help all that much. *is a Yoshi main*

:005:

bigman40

Smash Master
I might consider doing this when I actually get back in the community and get good vids. Question though, do you prefer to critique losing matches or winning matches?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I will more than likely be able to help you improve regardless of what character(s) you play, and regardless of your skill level.

That being said, I was out all weekend, but I'm eager to get started. Expect a schedule of to come up tomorrow morning.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
AIM: Chompy Returns
Time Zone: CST
Availability: I can play anytime from 6 p.m CST to 11 p.m CST

I also have a friend that could use some pointers that wants to get better at the game as well. Can you reserve 2 people in one spot and have both me and my friend show up in the same room? Like taking turns playing a game.

My friends AIM: Mewtral

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Due to the high volume of people wanting this service, I will not be reserving any spots for any body. Each person will have to schedule a time just like everyone else, on a first come, first serve basis. You must schedule that time any time after the start of a new block, provided there are still spots available. However, to compensate for the large number of people, I will increase block sizes. You can only be critiqued once per block. This way, more people get a chance.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I will not be playing online (LOL WiFi).

This thread is for video critiques, not for WiFi challanges. Sorry, but I'm sure you'll find a suitable opponent elsewhere.

That being said, the thread is now open to begin scheduling an appointment.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Did you enjoy the critique session?

I enjoyed my critique session.

Do you feel that the session will help you improve your game?

Yes, I learned 1-2 major things in my critique that helped greatly.

Did your questions get answered? If not, what questions do you still have?

My questions were answered.

Please include any more ways that you feel Pierce could improve this service, either within the actual session, or overall.

Because of time issues, half an hour isn't enough time to do a full video critique in the fashion that Pierce does it. However, the full vid critique that get's PM'd after filling this out solves that problem. Because of this, I can't really see a way to improve whats not broken. Good job Pierce.

bigman40

Smash Master
I'll most likely reserve a spot after I get some new and more appropriate videos when I head back to ATL next week. Exactly how long do you plan to do this? I know final exams are coming up soon for people so do you plan to stop after Thanksgiving break and pick it back up after this semester is all done?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Desired Time Slot: Tuesday, 11/16/10 9pm - 9:30pm ~ AVAILABLE
Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKNoTr0tKAM - Me :ness2: vs TeeVee :wario: on Brinstar @ Apex 2010

Still wish I had more recent videos, but I definitely see myself being a return customer so I'll get something new up for the next block.

Also I'm not really versed in Skype, but I do have access to a private Ventrilo server.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
This looks kinda interesting. I might try it, but I can usually see every stupid mistake in matches i lose when I watch the replay. A second opinion is always good though

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Saturday, 11/21/10
11am-12pm EST

That would be nice.
You can only schedule times that are available on the schedule. I'm either busy, potentially busy, or reserving time for myself otherwise.

On Saturdays, I will most likely be at tournaments.

I'll most likely reserve a spot after I get some new and more appropriate videos when I head back to ATL next week. Exactly how long do you plan to do this? I know final exams are coming up soon for people so do you plan to stop after Thanksgiving break and pick it back up after this semester is all done?

I plan on doing this for quite a while. At LEAST till Christmas, then I might take a break if I go on vacation, and I'll probably pick it up after getting back. I have no anticipated stopping point.

Desired Time Slot: Tuesday, 11/16/10 9pm - 9:30pm ~ AVAILABLE
Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKNoTr0tKAM - Me :ness2: vs TeeVee :wario: on Brinstar @ Apex 2010

Still wish I had more recent videos, but I definitely see myself being a return customer so I'll get something new up for the next block.

Also I'm not really versed in Skype, but I do have access to a private Ventrilo server.
I'm unfamiliar with Vent (I know what it is, but I've never used it.) Enlighten me on it, and perhaps I'll consider adapting it for our session.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Also, after block one, you will no longer be able to sign up for a critique the day of or the day before the actual critique. For the sake of getting started ASAP, I have critiques available tonight, but in the future, I don't want to have to deal with not making plans off the chance that someone MIGHT want a critique done that day or the next. If no one registers in advance, the slot will disappear. It will not stay open until it's time.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Hey Pierce, I know you have some familiarity with Mario and from what I've seen and heard you're pretty knowledgeable on aspects of smash. Lately I've been wanting to get into the scene so I'll want to sign up for this to improve my game.

The most convenient time for me would be 5:00pm - 5:30pm on Friday.

Here is a link to my video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iM5kdxdV2c. It's rather old, but I honestly haven't been playing much since then, only the occasional session every month or so. (And a random tournament that I did decent at), but that's besides the point. It was also the newest one that fell into most of your criteria.

My AIM is xeroxen6, I might also try to come to your BBR chat as well on Wednesday. If for any reason it turns out I may have to reschedule I will drop you a PM.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'll take the Friday 9 AM slot, Pierce.
AIM: poltergust0000

Now I need to find a good video with a lot of stuff that we can talk about...

:069:

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
4:15pm - 4:45pm~ AVAILABLE
Can I have this time?
AIM is Rocketsci227; Skype is RocketPSIence.
I have vids recorded from my previous tournament, I'll prioritize to get those uploaded to youtube ASAP.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Please remember that the format for scheduling a video includes:
Time slot
AIM, or Skype SN
Link to video

Consider it irrelevant if you think I already have your SN. If you haven't selected a video yet, please specify that.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I would tell you my AIM... if I could remember it. XD

Don't worry. I'll find out soon enough.

:069:

Asa

Smash Hero
i have a match against nerd that i'd really like to be reviewed, but in oregon their timer is 10 minutes (doesn't go to time or anything)

can i still have this video critiqued?

Top Bottom