• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get out of fox drill.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys. My friend is a fox who is very good (can waveshine me to edge of stage, then reverse the waveshine 2-3 times) and it is like a guaranteed 50% for him, when he can just usmash me. Is there any way to sdi the drill so that I am not hit by the shine? Thanks.

Sycorax

Smash Ace
Hi guys. My friend is a fox who is very good (can waveshine me to edge of stage, then reverse the waveshine 2-3 times) and it is like a guaranteed 50% for him, when he can just usmash me. Is there any way to sdi the drill so that I am not hit by the shine? Thanks.
SDI away

Sometimes SDI through him will cause you to be shined in the opposite direction which he open can't react to making him slow on his followup.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Hold :GCRT: + :GCCR: (or which ever direction is away) and double tap away on the control stick. This gives 2 SDI's and ASDI away into buffered roll away. Hard to train yourself to react with this but it's essentially optimal. If you master it, you'll never be grabbed out of blizzard again also.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Hold :GCRT: + :GCCR: (or which ever direction is away) and double tap away on the control stick. This gives 2 SDI's and ASDI away into buffered roll away. Hard to train yourself to react with this but it's essentially optimal. If you master it, you'll never be grabbed out of blizzard again also.
You're supposed to input the C-stick and Control stick directions perpendicular to one another, right? (e.g. to go right, input diagonal up-right on one and diagonal down-right on the other) Or did I just make that up? Might be from a diff smash games mechanics lol

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
You're supposed to input the C-stick and Control stick directions perpendicular to one another, right? (e.g. to go right, input diagonal up-right on one and diagonal down-right on the other) Or did I just make that up? Might be from a diff smash games mechanics lol
Pretty sure that's to do with di, not asdi and sdi.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
No just do everything away. You'll buffer roll away after the DI that way. Double tapping the control stick away for 2 SDI's is the most important thing.

But for fox drill (my method is good for any multiple hitbox move but best for escaping blizzard), many times you can just SDI away and grab. In that case down and away on the c-stick is probably best but you can usually get the grab without it. SDI again is most important.

Last edited:
Top Bottom