• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Just a reminder that we could definitely get a reveal trailer without a direct...my guess is that we get one in the beginning of October, and then we'll have a smash direct in November.

So overall I'm guessing we still get 3 unique and 3 echo

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
My thoughts. I have to say, I wasn't expecting Isabelle today. I was thinking maybe Isaac, Skull Kid, Dixie, or even a Pokemon reveal. The trailer itself was kinda underwhelming but then again I'm not a huge Isabelle fan. She is an okay addition and actually she looks pretty decent. Kinda surprised me that she was reveal as a semi-clone type character. It's nice to see her in and happy for her fans too.

Now to Isaac, this reveal doesn't even effect Isaac's chances at all. I'm going to stay optimistic and I know his time is coming sooner or later. We just got to be patient for a little longer. Hell we've been waiting for over 10 years for Isaac and this is nothing. Just got to stay on course. I know it's tough and we have to persevere through this. We got this.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well I'm unfortunately in the position where I very much want both. I was at peace with Dixie being an echo, but now that Isabelle isn't I'm not sure how I'd feel about that anymore. So it seems I may get burned either way.
I'm feeling there's a few characters who would have been Echoes and are now original, and Dixie is one of them. And Bandana Waddle Dee was potentially planned as a semi-clone all along.

Isabelle's trailer in general was such low quality I just feel like she was very likely an Echo they changed too much to the point where she was no longer an Echo anymore. She's shockingly similar to Villager for an "original fighter", even reusing all the basic themes of Villager's specials.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Copy Pasta time...

https://twitter.com/sora_sakurai

I believe that Isaac is in this time, this is just too much...

First we have 3 characters in an arena, in GS, if you play against a friend, you can only use 3 characters instead of 4 since the GBA can't handle 8 adepts.

Second, why Link, Marth and Shulk in this order?
They are shown from oldest to newest, and we can replace them by your first 3 party members in Golden Sun.

Link = Isaac, both are silent protagonist.

Marth = Garet, Marth come from FIRE Emblem and Garet is a Mars adept, so he controls fire.

IMPORTANT: Marth name can be translated to Mars.

Exemple FF7: Aerith/Aeris
Marth/Mars

In the fire Emblem OVA Marth name is Mars.

Shulk = Yvan, both can see into the FUTURE and have an item that the evil guys wants (Shaman Rods/Monado)

This angle is rarelly used in RPG, Camelot is one of the only studio using it.

What a coincidence...

Also, I believe that Rathalos may be a reference to the Fusion Dragon, the final boss in Golden Sun, why?

Both the Fusion Dragon and the Rathalos use fire attack and both can poison.

Beside the fusion dragon comes from the fusion of two Mars adepts (mars adepts controls fire like Garet)

And in Monster Hunter, the Rathalos drops can be use to make Fire Weapon, while the Rathian (the female) is use to make poison weapons.

So Rathalos is more link to fire then poison just like the Fusion Dragon.

Beside it's not the first time that Sakurai has use Twitter to tease a character, he did it whit Palutena, Shulk, Bayonneta, and Simon/King K Roll (red eyes)

He even put a freaking red and yellow barell during E3 were he was getting record to tease King K Roll early, so it would not be the first time.

Finally Golden Sun Dark Dawn page was update twice in the past weeks (Edit: Months id say now), it was the first time in years. (It may very well be nothing thought).

So yeah, I won't believe that Isaac is not in the game until I have a pop up on my Switch telling me: Congratz Everyone is Here... except that blond anime Swordman.

Edit: I wanted to believe that Isaac would be shown today, but this is a nintendo Direct, focusing on a more casuals audience, now Isabelle who was gonna happen anyway is in.

Edit Again: The trademark was renewed.

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Being in this limbo is so painful. If there were any way to confirm that tweet is irrefutably a GS reference I think I'd be a little more at ease... But since that tweet and fan polls are all we have, it's hard to just brush it off.
Speaking of fan polls, Isaac just crushed a German fan poll recently

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
It's a little depressing seeing the crash after there was so much love going around this morning.
Agreed, it’s eerily similar to what happened after the direct got delayed.

I feel like Isabelle is really splitting the community right now and it’s a shame, right now I’m seeing people about 30% angry, 30% happy, and 40% meh.

I think Isabelle was just poorly timed. I dont think she had quite enough force behind her to hold up a single reveal, especially after a month of nothing and a delay. It also doesn’t make things much better that we’re probably not going to hear something for a while, and I think people were hoping this newcomer would tie us over until then. It doesn’t help that she’s a semi-clone, too. I feel like people would’ve actually liked Isabelle if she was just introduced alongside someone else.

There’s also the thing with the post numbers that JaidynReiman brought up. Would a semi-clone from an already represented series, with no stage, really be enough to fill that gap? Makes me wonder if we, perhaps, were supposed to get someone else too but they were cut due to circumstance. I’m not saying I think this is the case, but it would explain things considering the post numbers and the fact that imo, the pace of Isabelle’s trailer seemed like it was supposed to open the direct, not close it.

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
What if Isabelle was added as an echo after adding King K. Rool but then someone got scrapped so they used the spare development time to make her an original fighter?

And I'm expecting 4 more regular fighters and 3-4 more echo fighters.

hinode

Smash Cadet
9 pages of negativity and depression as we finally get a glimpse of the reality of the worst timeline.
Oh come on, worst timeline would be something like Goku revealed at E3 foloowed by Sans and Kirito in the August Smash Direct.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I feel like Isabelle is really splitting the community right now and it’s a shame, right now I’m seeing people about 30% angry, 30% happy, and 40% meh.

I think Isabelle was just poorly timed. I dont think she had quite enough force behind her to hold up a single reveal, especially after a month of nothing and a delay. It also doesn’t make things much better that we’re probably not going to hear something for a while, and I think people were hoping this newcomer would tie us over until then. It doesn’t help that she’s a semi-clone, too. I feel like people would’ve actually liked Isabelle if she was just introduced alongside someone else.

There’s also the thing with the post numbers that JaidynReiman brought up. Would a semi-clone from an already represented series, with no stage, really be enough to fill that gap? Makes me wonder if we, perhaps, were supposed to get someone else but they were cut due to circumstance. I’m not saying I think this is the case, but it would explain things considering the post numbers and the fact that imo, the pace of Isabelle’s trailer seemed like it was supposed to open the direct, not close it.
I wouldn't argue this... if it wasn't for the fact that Bowser was pulled back to Sunday. That's what intrigues me...

If someone did get cut for now, I'm assuming that they'll get a live reveal sometime end of month/early next month.

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
Guys bear in mind that this is not the end. We have some reveals until launch date and if he isn´t deconfirmed until then so we still have another possible ballot. Stay positive, you went trough worse situations. Do not give up!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I wouldn't argue this... if it wasn't for the fact that Bowser was pulled back to Sunday. That's what intrigues me...

If someone did get cut for now, I'm assuming that they'll get a live reveal sometime end of month/early next month.
You keep saying that. What do you mean by "pulled back to Sunday"?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Before today I was expecting (hoping?) 6 newcomers left. Now that Isabelle was revealed... I’m still kinda expecting 6?

I mean, she proved that semiclones are still a thing.

This is the list, in order of likelihood (in my mind)
Dixie
Isaac
Bandanna Dee
Geno
Skull Kid
Chorus Men

Does that make sense to you or have I finally lost it?

Istry555

Smash Cadet
So, I'm a bit late to the discussion, but Isabelle is really bumming me out. I don't mind her as a character but wish they would have added her as DLC or something. It's just that there are so few newcomers this time. I mean, I feel we only have 2 characters left (I've been feeling 2-3 newcomers not counting echoes left for a while). And while I'd love for those slots to be ballot characters, I can't help but think new Pokemon, retro rep, Japan really wants a new Kirby rep, etc. Even if there's still one more ballot character, although I feel Isaac did really well, I'm much less certain he was the next in line after Ridley and K. Rool.

I don't know, I mean, I still think Isaac is possible, just much less likely. Maybe DLC will save us :/

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman

I'm probably coming off as an Isabelle apologist even though I'm actually pretty neutral towards her, but if people are feeling upset I think that's more on them than on Nintendo. I realize that she isn't an incredibly exciting pick, but she was definitely going to be in the game either way, and her reveal worked perfectly as the run-up to the Animal Crossing for Switch announcement.

On the bright side, the one week delay means we're one week closer to whenever the next Direct date will be. At this point I'm expecting 3-4 more unique/semi-clone newcomers, and 3-5 more echoes. So I reckon we get another individual reveal trailer in October and the rest in a final info dump in November.

For the record, here's who I think is in the base game:

Isaac
Geno
New Pokemon
Banjo

Echoes:
Ken
Shadow
Felix

With an outside chance of Dixie as an echo or semi-clone, and maybe another Zelda rep like Skull Kid (as much as I like Skull Kid, can't help but feel he's a bit of a recent bandwagon pick and people may be setting themselves up for disappointment there. But I REALLY want him in). Banjo may not be in the base game but I still think he'll at least be DLC.

EDIT: Also I wouldn't be surprised by Bandana Waddle Dee or a Rhythm Heaven rep either. I think all the ones I listed except Ken and the new Pokemon could easily be DLC as well. As for DLC the only ones I'm pretty sure about are some kind of ARMs rep (likely Spring Man but I'd love Twintelle) and Rex/Pyra. I would really like Paper Mario but who knows how likely he is...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You keep saying that. What do you mean by "pulled back to Sunday"?
Bowser's ID is 142. The missing posts were 134 (this is now Isabelle's trailer), 135, 136, and 137. Toon Link (shown on Monday) was 138 and his memory was 139. 140 was replaced with 147 (Pikmin theme) and 141 was Summit.

I was thinking one unique fighter and one Echo Fighter because Bowser (142) was shown on Sunday instead, they pulled him back from his original time on Wednesday to fill in a gap on Sunday. Similarly, Ryu was pulled back from next week (he's 148 and his memory is 149) to Wednesday, and 143 is currently missing as well.

I was assuming the unique fighter would have a memory and the other wouldn't. If both don't have memories, that would leave room for two trailers and two Today's Fighter posts.

I'm probably coming off as an Isabelle apologist even though I'm actually pretty neutral towards her, but if people are feeling upset I think that's more on them than on Nintendo. I realize that she isn't an incredibly exciting pick, but she was definitely going to be in the game either way, and her reveal worked perfectly as the run-up to the Animal Crossing for Switch announcement.

On the bright side, the one week delay means we're one week closer to whenever the next Direct date will be. At this point I'm expecting 3-4 more unique/semi-clone newcomers, and 3-5 more echoes. So I reckon we get another individual reveal trailer in October and the rest in a final info dump in November.

Isaac
Geno
New Pokemon
Banjo

Echoes:
Ken
Shadow
Felix

With an outside chance of Dixie as an echo or semi-clone, and maybe another Zelda rep like Skull Kid (as much as I like Skull Kid, can't help but feel he's a bit of a recent bandwagon pick and people may be setting themselves up for disappointment there. But I REALLY want him in). Banjo may not be in the base game but I still think he'll at least be DLC.

EDIT: Also I wouldn't be surprised by Bandana Waddle Dee or a Rhythm Heaven rep either. I think all the ones I listed except Ken and the new Pokemon could easily be DLC as well. As for DLC the only ones I'm pretty sure about are some kind of ARMs rep (likely Spring Man but I'd love Twintelle) and Rex/Pyra. I would really like Paper Mario but who knows how likely he is...
I'm not feeling Felix anymore. I'm strongly suspecting Isaac was in this Direct on his own and got pulled out to be released later, which wouldn't leave room for Felix. But again, Isabelle's "Today's Fighter" needs to go up first.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman

Isaac
Geno
New Pokemon
Banjo

Echoes:
Ken
Shadow
Felix

With an outside chance of Dixie as an echo or semi-clone, and maybe another Zelda rep like Skull Kid. Banjo may not be in the base game but I still think he'll at least be DLC.

Yeah, I feel like the delay really altered expectations, which isn’t Nintendo’s fault. As far as I recall, there was hype for the direct on the 6th but people weren’t even sure we were going to get smash info. A week later and all of a sudden everyone thought this direct was going to rock our socks off. I feel like not many would’ve been disappointed with Isabelle had the direct been originally aired on the 6th.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Yeah nothing changed between last week and today except that the Smash community slowly went stir-crazy from cabin fever and poor Isabelle couldn't meet those impossible standards. Not every reveal is going to be an instant classic.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

There’s also the thing with the post numbers that JaidynReiman brought up. Would a semi-clone from an already represented series, with no stage, really be enough to fill that gap? Makes me wonder if we, perhaps, were supposed to get someone else too but they were cut due to circumstance. I’m not saying I think this is the case, but it would explain things considering the post numbers and the fact that imo, the pace of Isabelle’s trailer seemed like it was supposed to open the direct, not close it.
Well, here's the thing...

We only have so many newcomers.

I, personally, do not like Animal Crossing. I bought New Leaf, played it for half an hour, put it down because I was bored, and never looked back. I know it's a popular series, but it does absolutely nothing for me. I was happy Villager got into Smash. He represented the popular series well. What more is Isabelle bringing, though..? Nothing. She's a semi clone. She's not representing any new or unique properties of her franchise. So, I don't have the same reaction as I did to Villager.

If the devs are going to take the time to add new stuff, I'd like it to be NEW. Yes, Donkey Kong has been in Smash before. But King K. Rool represents a lot of elements of the series that have not made it in before. He's bringing something new. Same thing with Ridley and Metroid.

So I feel like a bunch of precious and limited resources are spent on a character who is not adding anything to Smash. Except marketability. Which is not something I want to see while new and unique newcomers are excluded.

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
I don't buy the "Isaac was pulled of this Direct" theory.

It was a 35 min long direct.
Isabelle was very clearly very well planned to be the reveal alongside Animal Crossing.
There no other place where to fit another character introduction.

I still have hopes for Isaac on smash, but I don't think stretches like this are worth thinking about.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm a bit late to the discussion, but Isabelle is really bumming me out. I don't mind her as a character but wish they would have added her as DLC or something. It's just that there are so few newcomers this time. I mean, I feel we only have 2 characters left (I've been feeling 2-3 newcomers not counting echoes left for a while). And while I'd love for those slots to be ballot characters, I can't help but think new Pokemon, retro rep, Japan really wants a new Kirby rep, etc. Even if there's still one more ballot character, although I feel Isaac did really well, I'm much less certain he was the next in line after Ridley and K. Rool.

I don't know, I mean, I still think Isaac is possible, just much less likely. Maybe DLC will save us :/
Everything is speculation right now regarding number of newcomers, we will have to wait but it is better to keep a positive attitude and wait. Remember Sakurai has said he doesn't like making people hopeful and then disappointing them so there is still the tweet

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Also I see a lot of people saying they expect 1-2 or maybe 3 more unique newcomers. This is probably reasonable, but it also kind of sucks. For me anyway.

Because I really want one of them to be Isaac. And I really want one of them to be Banjo. And now I really want one of them to be Dixie as well. They are my top 3 at this point, and now that Isabelle is a semi clone I'd actually be a bit miffed is Dixie does end up being an echo. It just wouldn't be fitting imo.

But I also think Geno is a big contender. As is a pokemon rep. As is possibly a new zelda character (tho post direct Skull Kid specifically seems significantly less likely so who even knows). And all those on top of any potential out there character that Sakurai might add on a whim. Or any of the other presumed echoes, like Ken or Shadow that could easily end up as a semi clone instead.

And now a world in which I get my top three as I want them seems nigh impossible. Which is kind of funny since I don't think any of them individually have bad chances, but all together it becomes much more dicey.

This is my hope ultimately (no pun intended lol). But I'm gonna take it easy on the expectations at this point. So I'm definitely going to continue assuming it should be taken at face value. Less to lose that way.
Ken and Shadow are no where near the level of Ryu and Cloud and those two didn't take any spots from the roster in Smash 4. And even if Isabelle opened up the door to semi clones, doesn't mean any and all that can be will get in. Isaac is no slouch when it comes to popularity either so I'm not too inclined to think that suddenly all these characters will just happen to have priority over him.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Everything is speculation right now regarding number of newcomers, we will have to wait but it is better to keep a positive attitude and wait. Remember Sakurai has said he doesn't like making people hopeful and then disappointing them so there is still the tweet
thinking about it the picture prolly meant nothing at all and us and possibly the monster hunter fans were just reading too much into it. all it said was it was a nice picture. (and it is) no mention of rpgs, or hunters or what have you.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Well, here's the thing...

We only have so many newcomers.

I, personally, do not like Animal Crossing. I bought New Leaf, played it for half an hour, put it down because I was bored, and never looked back. I know it's a popular series, but it does absolutely nothing for me. I was happy Villager got into Smash. He represented the popular series well. What more is Isabelle bringing, though..? Nothing. She's a semi clone. She's not representing any new or unique properties of her franchise. So, I don't have the same reaction as I did to Villager.

If the devs are going to take the time to add new stuff, I'd like it to be NEW. Yes, Donkey Kong has been in Smash before. But King K. Rool represents a lot of elements of the series that have not made it in before. He's bringing something new. Same thing with Ridley and Metroid.

So I feel like a bunch of precious and limited resources are spent on a character who is not adding anything to Smash. Except marketability. Which is not something I want to see while new and unique newcomers are excluded.
Ehh, I dunno about that. By that logic, what do Roy, Lucina, Chrom, and Ike add to their series? You could make a case for Corrin either way, but outside of Marth and Robin, the only reason any of the rest are in is marketability. Or Dark Samus and Dark Pit. They're literally just edgy re-skins. Or why does Bandana Waddle Dee have so many supporters? Kirby is PERFECTLY well represented with its current lineup. I'm sure they have their "important roles" to play in the story, but as far as I'm concerned they may as well not be in the game. But it isn't up to us. Sakurai listens to ALL the fans, and thank goodness for that.

Animal Crossing is a BIG series that lots of people love and Isabelle is undeniably its mascot. She honestly deserves her spot more than Isaac. I've wanted Isaac for over a decade, but if he gets in it will be purely because of the passionate fanbase Golden Sun has, and because Sakurai loves pleasing people. Isaac getting in would be a FAVOR to all of us and a bone thrown to the Golden Sun community that may resurrect this shelved franchise.

I would also prefer to get new and unique fighters but marketability is still an element of Smash whether we like it or not, and Isabelle is far from an egregious pick. I think Bayonetta, half the Pokemon, and most Fire Emblem characters were way more pandering than Isabelle, who is actually an important part of an important franchise.

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
and if he gets passed over for dlc?
I highly doubt that would happen. I know it happened in smash 4 but the ballot was not for that game. I wouldn't be bummed out if he was DLC. That way they can take their time to really give GS fans real fan service for waiting so long. I'm thinking Isaac with Felix as an echo and a GS stage in one bundle. They will have DLC an with the ballot they know what fans want. Isaac will happen this time if not in the base roster then DLC.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ehh, I dunno about that. By that logic, what do Roy, Lucina, Chrom, and Ike add to their series? You could make a case for Corrin either way, but outside of Marth and Robin, the only reason any of the rest are in is marketability. Or Dark Samus and Dark Pit. They're literally just edgy re-skins. Or why does Bandana Waddle Dee have so many supporters? Kirby is PERFECTLY well represented with its current lineup. I'm sure they have their "important roles" to play in the story, but as far as I'm concerned they may as well not be in the game. But it isn't up to us. Sakurai listens to ALL the fans, and thank goodness for that.

Animal Crossing is a BIG series that lots of people love and Isabelle is undeniably its mascot. She honestly deserves her spot more than Isaac. I've wanted Isaac for over a decade, but if he gets in it will be purely because of the passionate fanbase Golden Sun has, and because Sakurai loves pleasing people. Isaac getting in would be a FAVOR to all of us and a bone thrown to the Golden Sun community that may resurrect this shelved franchise.

I would also prefer to get new and unique fighters but marketability is still an element of Smash whether we like it or not, and Isabelle is far from an egregious pick. I think Bayonetta, half the Pokemon, and most Fire Emblem characters were way more pandering than Isabelle, who is actually an important part of an important franchise.
You're mostly arguing about Echoes. Isabelle is not an Echo.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
thinking about it the picture prolly meant nothing at all and us and possibly the monster hunter fans were just reading too much into it. all it said was it was a nice picture. (and it is) no mention of rpgs, or hunters or what have you.
It could still be a possibility of course, but then again it is the only image Sakurai has tweeted in the entire Smash Universe reveal season.
However maybe we were indeed looking too much into it.

By the way we still don't know how many newcomers the "don't expect any" exactly entails

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm going to say something a bit pessimistic here, but I think 103 is actually the final stage count for the game. It kinda sucks that there are only 4 new stages, but so many of the returning stages had to be touched up to Switch standards.

I also don't think Isaac would join WITHOUT getting his own stage, and if anything that makes it more likely that he's DLC. Ditto for Banjo. But even so, I don't think this makes them less likely at all. It's not like DLC characters are any less a part of the roster or some kind of second-class citizens.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Come on guys! Don't let the negativity bring you down! We're still in this race! Yes, waiting is hard, and I know today stings pretty bad. Trust me, I know. I vented and cursed my head off about Isabelle to my close friends. We all love our Golden Boy, and that's why we should be HAPPY. Yeah we're still in limbo. But we're still in Limbo. As long as we don't see him there's still the chance that he can make it onto the roster.

Please just don't fall into a funk! This series lives and dies with our support! All the love and positivity this morning made me so happy I nearly cried. Please don't lose that, please.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Ken and Shadow are no where near the level of Ryu and Cloud and those two didn't take any spots from the roster in Smash 4. And even if Isabelle opened up the door to semi clones, doesn't mean any and all that can be will get in. Isaac is no slouch when it comes to popularity either so I'm not too inclined to think that suddenly all these characters will just happen to have priority over him.
I'm not trying to say that anyone has priority over anyone. Simply that I expect 6 is the absolute maximum number of unique newcomers that could be added based on the fewer newcomers comment (putting us at 11 total, disregarding echoes).

Post direct it seems to me that characters that I could say have reasonable chances include Isaac, Geno, Banjo, Dixie, a Pokemon, a Zelda character, Elma, Bandana Waddle Dee. There are of course more possible characters as well but those seem most prominent to me. Maybe a Rhythm Heaven character as well.

That's 8-9 characters not including any left field contenders that Sakurai wants to add competing for at most 6 potential slots. And I would guess we'd get 3-4 more rather than 6.

But before the direct I would have said the same thing about the potential number of newcomers (expecting at most 7, because this would have been pre Isabelle), but I wouldn't have expected Isabelle to be anything other than an echo. So now that's one character down that I hadn't considered and also at least one more contender (Dixie) competing for even fewer spots than I expected. So even disregarding Ken and Shadow, that's actually a pretty significant difference in my perception of any one of the "big contender's" chances.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
You're mostly arguing about Echoes. Isabelle is not an Echo.
Ike and Roy and Bayonetta and Waddle Dee aren't/wouldn't be echoes. Isabelle isn't an Echo but that just goes to show how important Sakurai considers her to be, despite all the people trying to argue that she isn't a worthy inclusion. It's fine to be disappointed but I think we should at least be honest that she just isn't a character people (meaning hardcore Smash fans) wanted, instead of trying to mask our disappointment in contrived logic about how she isn't adding anything to the game by being here.

Last edited:

Yuki Setsuna

Smash Rookie
My five cents on this whole situation is that Isabelle's reveal doesn't change much.
For one the reveal felt like it was there more to promote the new animal crossing than it was for smash itself. Even if she's a unique fighter she's still clearly a semi-clone. And the fact that her reveal felt so low budget in comparison is good because it means more money is going into reveals for bigger characters.

If Isaac was going to be in the main roster, he's not gonna be removed just because Isabelle is in. The small hints we've had along the way have not been really disproven. I understand the sentiment of looking forward to the big reveal and not getting it, as a golden sun fan, I know how painful it is to go for so long with nintendo acting like the franchise doesn't even exist.

But, at the same time, this is the first time in seven years where there's been at least a little bit of hope and a tiny chance for recognition. Hey, even if there's no telling if it'll go anywhere, remember Golden Sun was even trending on twitter earlier, and that's huge! It shows demand is still there! So that hope isn't really dead, our golden boy's chances are the same as they were yesterday. Even if Sakurai said to only expect a few more fighters, we really don't know what that number is.

So if we've already waited this long for something to happen, let's keep it up a little longer!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I feel like I'm the only one who thinks the whole "few character slots left" is complete and utter horse****. Where did Sakurai say that there is a very limited number of slots? All he said was, "...So I hope you're not expecting TOO many fighters." That's VERY vague if you ask me. He even stated that he is using Smash 4 as a basis to cut a lot of Dev time so the idea that we will only have very little newcomers is so ludacris. It took Sakurai and his team roughly 2 1/2 years to make BOTH Smash 3DS and Wii U with a huge roster. And yet, everyone is saying (metaphorically) that the 2 1/2 year development for ONE Smash game was not enough time to make more characters? Bull****!!!

Until the game releases to prove me wrong, I see this as both a dumb "Smash Fan Rule" and a troll on Sakurai's part to lower everyone's expectations only to blow those expectations completely. Remember when we thought the Smash direct would only have 1 newcomer and maybe an echo? Guess what Sakurai did? 2 Unique and 3 Echo. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he did 3 uniques and 5 echoes in the next October Smash Direct. Mini rant over.

And I have to add, look what we, the Golden Sun/Isaac community, have done in a months time! We got everyone to talk about our Golden Boy after years of silence. DO NOT let this slip away again! We have 3 months left and honestly, Isaac makes more sense to be in a Smash Direct. So let's raise up our hands and cast our Psynergy to Isaac to be in Smash, my fellow Adepts! The Sun will rise!

ZelDan

Smash Master
I feel like I'm the only one who thinks the whole "few character slots left" is complete and utter horse****. Where did Sakurai say that there is a very limited number of slots? All he said was, "...So I hope you're not expecting TOO many fighters." That's VERY vague if you ask me. He even stated that he is using Smash 4 as a basis to cut a lot of Dev time so the idea that we will only have very little newcomers is so ludacris. It took Sakurai and his team roughly 2 1/2 years to make BOTH Smash 3DS and Wii U with a huge roster. And yet, everyone is saying (metaphorically) that the 2 1/2 year development for ONE Smash game was not enough time to make more characters? Bull****!!!

Until the game releases to prove me wrong, I see this as both a dumb "Smash Fan Rule" and a troll on Sakurai's part to lower everyone's expectations only to blow those expectations completely. Remember when we thought the Smash direct would only have 1 newcomer and maybe an echo? Guess what Sakurai did? 2 Unique and 3 Echo. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he did 3 uniques and 5 echoes in the next October Smash Direct. Mini rant over.

And I have to add, look what we, the Golden Sun/Isaac community, have done in a months time! We got everyone to talk about our Golden Boy after years of silence. DO NOT let this slip away again! We have 3 months left and honestly, Isaac makes more sense to be in a Smash Direct. So let's raise up our hands and cast our Psynergy to Isaac to be in Smash, my fellow Adepts! The Sun will rise!
I was thinking that maybe the "don't expect too many newcomers" line was referring to unique newcomers, and we'd maybe get 4-5 more fo those, but as for echoes, the sky's the limit and we could be seeing more of them than we think.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman

Your bombastic enthusiasm was greatly appreciated. No idea how right you are, but I'll take the positive vibes.

Top Bottom