• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
https://youtu.be/GRH2XtpZ_ss

anyone seen this? A "reliable" UK Store "leaked" that there will be 71 Uniques in the Game. So we still have 3 more to be revealed.
If you navigate past the LaxChris video (always advisable) to the Game site, you'll see the screenshots posted end post-Smash Direct, pre-Isabelle reveal, when the Smash site was boasting "71 characters", which is likely where that description comes from.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Oh so there is a leak which is true?.. Okay does it have an impact in Isaac's chances? Can we trust the guy who says a leak is true when there is tons of it?

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Oh so there is a leak which is true?.. Okay does it have an impact in Isaac's chances? Can we trust the guy who says a leak is true when there is tons of it?
Everone claims his Leak is true. But as N3ON N3ON already said: it is already debunked/not a leak to begin with. I should have looked into it more before posting it.

Last edited:

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
I just came here to say this :

The Isaac render made by Nazyrus is AWESOME. I absolutely love it. It's really well made !

starts humming Venus Lighthouse

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I don't know but I prefer this kind of ""leaks"" , playing with the "I will not say which one but one image leak among the 1000 you have already seen it's real" (if true) it's more entertaining that just a regular text leak or some leaker telling "believe me I can't say my sources but catfire and dojoguy are in, just believe me".

Tetiro

Smash Ace
https://youtu.be/GRH2XtpZ_ss

anyone seen this? A "reliable" UK Store "leaked" that there will be 71 Uniques in the Game. So we still have 3 more to be revealed.
71 unique fighters is looking realistic. As mentioned earlier, now that a Smash Direct is likely all that remains, I can see it having 5 more characters with 2-3 uniques.

There are 74 characters so far in the game. 5 more would make a nice 8x10 grid (79 + Random Character) and a good capping point (makes it more realistic when speculating too). With the final 5 being either 2:3 on the unique:echo count or 3:2.

With Ken, Shadow and Octolings being the most likely echoes, it could easily be either a 3:2 or a 2:3. If I had to guess, Octolings won't be added as they JUST became playable in Splatoon and Ultimate seems to celebrate the Wii U Splatoon.

So realistically, 3 unique fighters (or even 2) is what I am putting as a guess for the last Direct. The roster will definitely not be more than 79.

It's more realistic to have more unique fighters as Sakurai said he was using the ballot. And all the remaining front-runners are Uniques or like Isabelle.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I mean not really, Isaac doesn't have any credible image leak out there so obviously he's not going to be the 'true leak discarded as fake'. Aside from the Ken one, there's been a Geno image floating around that hasn't really been debunked. Even with that being the true leak, Verge spilled the beans on a Square rep a long time ago so this riddle isn't terribly ground breaking in learning a new character that hasn't been said or anything.

Though if we want to split hairs, with Geno seeming more likely, it sure adds more credence to Sakurai's statement of this roster being shaped by the ballot and August direct pointing out how highly requested every character introduced was. Also further blows the relevancy argument out the water if K. Rool wasn't enough on that front.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If you navigate past the LaxChris video (always advisable) to the Game site, you'll see the screenshots posted end post-Smash Direct, pre-Isabelle reveal, when the Smash site was boasting "71 characters", which is likely where that description comes from.
Amazon was once displaying 71 as well.

71 unique fighters is looking realistic. As mentioned earlier, now that a Smash Direct is likely all that remains, I can see it having 5 more characters with 2-3 uniques.

There are 74 characters so far in the game. 5 more would make a nice 8x10 grid (79 + Random Character) and a good capping point (makes it more realistic when speculating too). With the final 5 being either 2:3 on the unique:echo count or 3:2.

With Ken, Shadow and Octolings being the most likely echoes, it could easily be either a 3:2 or a 2:3. If I had to guess, Octolings won't be added as they JUST became playable in Splatoon and Ultimate seems to celebrate the Wii U Splatoon.

So realistically, 3 unique fighters (or even 2) is what I am putting as a guess for the last Direct. The roster will definitely not be more than 79.

It's more realistic to have more unique fighters as Sakurai said he was using the ballot. And all the remaining front-runners are Uniques or like Isabelle.
Getting 3 unique fighters in one Direct is far from "realistic". If we get a reveal before then, then yeah, it may be possible. But its more likely that the 71 comes from what the website displayed pre-Isabelle.

I'd argue Dixie is far, far more likely than Octolings.

Tetiro

Smash Ace

Getting 3 unique fighters in one Direct is far from "realistic". If we get a reveal before then, then yeah, it may be possible. But its more likely that the 71 comes from what the website displayed pre-Isabelle.

Isn't Richter being confirmed unrealistic? 5 character reveals in a single Direct unrealistic? K Rool unrealistic? Yet they have all happened.

I think we all need to accept the rulebook has been thrown out the window for Ultimate. After all, we are talking about a franchise that got Cloud and Bayonetta as fighters. Sakurai is all about making the impossible possible. And with a compressed time-scale for Ultimate, anything is possible.

EDIT: Also I'd say Dixie is semi-clone and not an Echo. She has too much differently than her counterparts.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Richter being confirmed unrealistic? 5 character reveals in a single Direct unrealistic? K Rool unrealistic? Yet they have all happened.

I think we all need to accept the rulebook has been thrown out the window for Ultimate. After all, we are talking about a franchise that got Cloud and Bayonetta as fighters. Sakurai is all about making the impossible possible. And with a compressed time-scale for Ultimate, anything is possible.

EDIT: Also I'd say Dixie is semi-clone and not an Echo. She has too much differently than her counterparts.
I mean yes, all of that was unrealistic but now that it’s happened once it just makes it LESS likely that there are still tons of characters left. I think there are 5 unrevealed fighters max and that includes echoes like Ken, but it could even be less than that. I’m certainly no box theory person but if I was to hazard a guess I’d say 4 characters left. Ken, Shadow, Isaac, and maybe Geno or a Pokemon or somebody. I think Banjo is in too but as DLC.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Nothing posted yet by Nintendo. Surprising
Not really, it took Nintendo a couple more hours to post anything yesterday as well.

The circumstances are different here. You're not thinking about this logically.

Sakurai already said they're slowing down on reveals, which right there establishes a new rulebook going forward. Let's also assume they do reveal "three unique fighters" in the final Direct. Where are they going to include a third character, alongside also showing off new game modes, AT's, items, etc.? Getting a reveal this month still is far more likely than that outcome ever happening.

And yes, Dixie is on the sliding scale of Echo and semiclone. She could easily be one or the other.

Also, K. Rool wasn't unrealistic. People were just being dumb as ****.

I mean yes, all of that was unrealistic but now that it’s happened once it just makes it LESS likely that there are still tons of characters left. I think there are 5 unrevealed fighters max and that includes echoes like Ken, but it could even be less than that. I’m certainly no box theory person but if I was to hazard a guess I’d say 4 characters left. Ken, Shadow, Isaac, and maybe Geno or a Pokemon or somebody. I think Banjo is in too but as DLC.
Exactly this, and Echoes are far quicker to show off. New unique fighters are a big spectacle while Echoes just get a quick reveal.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Actually it already happening neither reduces or improves the likelihood. All it states is that it happening again is a possibility now.

It's like raining. You already know it is exists and happened but it raining one day does not alter the likelihood of it raining again in a few months. It just happens regardless.

Like any speculation (characters, dates for Directs, etc), all you can do is look at past behavior to have an idea of the possibilities.

There could even just be one more character. We just don't know. All we can do is guess. So all that can be said is there is up to 5 because it has happened before. But as little as 1 is also considered too.

It's why I never pay heed to "leaks" or box theories etc. It all means nothing at the end of the day as it is still speculation.

I am inclined to say 3-5 myself. I believe the ballot will break most rules of the roster template and the last few are from Ken, Isaac, Shadow, Dixie, Geno, Banjo, Rayman and a Pokemon rep.

I do agree in believing that Banjo is DLC. It worked wonders for introducing Platinum Games and Square Enix to the Smash family. It's perfect for Microsoft.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Not really, it took Nintendo a couple more hours to post anything yesterday as well.

The circumstances are different here. You're not thinking about this logically.

Sakurai already said they're slowing down on reveals, which right there establishes a new rulebook going forward. Let's also assume they do reveal "three unique fighters" in the final Direct. Where are they going to include a third character, alongside also showing off new game modes, AT's, items, etc.? Getting a reveal this month still is far more likely than that outcome ever happening.

And yes, Dixie is on the sliding scale of Echo and semiclone. She could easily be one or the other.

Also, K. Rool wasn't unrealistic. People were just being dumb as ****.

Exactly this, and Echoes are far quicker to show off. New unique fighters are a big spectacle while Echoes just get a quick reveal.
Most assumed up until K. Rools actual reveal that the ballot still meant nothing. So, yes he was always an unrealistic option in my eyes. If we take away the ballot altogether, I 100% believe he wouldn't have happened. Ballot to me seemed like a lie after getting the Mii Outfits.

Negativity stacks a lot faster than positivity. One of my friends who knows I've wanted K. Rool since Brawl told me "Durp, he was an obvious add! He is the last main villain." I don't care what anyone says. The character was in the trash bin before that ballot, so it was never bad to see him just not getting in period.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Anyone who is currently a newcomer aside from Isabelle, Daisy, and Chrom were compeletely unrealistic for me after having experienced Smash 4.

My predictions were like:

Waluigi
Daisy
Skull Kid
Sidon
Mimikyu
New Gen Pokemon
FE Heroes character
Medusa
Arms character
Isabelle
3rd Party
Retro Character

I wasnt planning to follow Smash U's site too much, then Ridley happened. I still cant believe it.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who is currently a newcomer aside from Isabelle, Daisy, and Chrom were compeletely unrealistic for me after having experienced Smash 4.

Waluigi
Daisy
Skull Kid
Sidon
Mimikyu
New Gen Pokemon
FE Heroes character
Medusa
Arms character
Isabelle
3rd Party
Retro Character

I wasnt planning to follow Smash U's site too much, then Ridley happened. I still cant believe it.
Ridley was an eye opener. However, even after Ridley some people were still not expecting anything close to that level of excitement. I remember everyone was hyped when Mega Man was announced for Smash 4 and then we didn't really seem to get anything else on that level of hype. I kind of expected Ultimate might do the same, with Ridley being the only CRAZY hype character announcement (to the smash community) and the rest of the newcomers to be similar to some of the ones you listed. Yet, the Smash direct seemed to be directed at the smash community's desires.

Before Ridley, I was expecting at least 2 more Fire Emblem characters, 2 more Kid Icarus characters, and probably only 2 new characters that I actually asked for. Why did I expect this? Because that is exactly what I got with Smash 4. Ultimate however, has already given me 4 characters I have been requesting specifically (:ultinkling:,:ultridley:,:ultdarksamus:, :ultkrool:) as well as every veteran returning.

Tetiro

Smash Ace

Waluigi
Daisy
Skull Kid
Sidon
Mimikyu
New Gen Pokemon
FE Heroes character
Medusa
Arms character
Isabelle
3rd Party
Retro Character

Man after the Wii U era my expectations plummeted down to a FE rep, Pokemon rep, Inklings, Ice Climbers and Captain Toad. I still had my realistic wish list predictions but held off.

After Ridley and K Rool, a lot of them have been seeing representation in some form and it has me very excited! But until then, it I felt a lot of things were unrealistic. Wii U's roster was as safe as it could be but Ultimate's is off the wall nuts.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Meh, that Earthbound one is pretty simple i'd argue. You do have a point with the Castlevania one, I was expecting it to be a large "C" from the castlevania logo before Simon was revealed
That wouldn't work, since unlike Street Fighter and Final Fantasy, Castlevania has a different series name in Japan, so the C would just come off as off putting.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean? It has already been debunked?
Just look at:

Billybae10K Billybae10K also made a video on this.
The Site was updated before Isabelles Reveal. So it suggests 71 Chars including echoes.

Even though I'd say 71 uniques sounds realistic. But it isn't a Leak, not even an educated guess, it is just a Websit which wasn't updated and an youtuber picked it up as a "Leak"...

Dixie just doesn't make sense as an echoe. She does not have Diddys gadgets, so she can share 2 of her specials with Diddy at max. And even then i think her Down B should be barrels rather than Bananas because she utilizes her hair to carry them, and Diddys side special was a generic move to make him look more Chimpanzee to begin with.
Diddys normals also don't make sense on dixie since she uses her hair to attack most of the times. Not to say that she couldn't share a single move with him, but it isn't even close to a chrome like situation.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I won't lie. After seeing K. Rool, I expect someone like Geno. A lot of people see Geno as far-fetched, but now he seems guaranteed. I had a **** ton more faith in Isaac before October. Maybe he will be yet another surprise reveal, since Geno is out of the *surprise* ball park for me now..lol. I do wonder how much is left to reveal. There is always that nagging feeling during Smash speculation that you want there to be more..morE....MORE... It has to end sooner this time though. The game comes out in about 50 days..

In a perfect world, we'd get Isaac, Geno, Skull Kid, Banjo, and even Bandanna Dee.......................

..............and Crash Bandicoot

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I won't lie. After seeing K. Rool, I expect someone like Geno. A lot of people see Geno as far-fetched, but now he seems guaranteed. I had a **** ton more faith in Isaac before October. Maybe he will be yet another surprise reveal, since Geno is out of the *surprise* ball park for me now..lol. I do wonder how much is left to reveal. There is always that nagging feeling during Smash speculation that you want there to be more..morE....MORE... It has to end sooner this time though. The game comes out in about 50 days..

In a perfect world, we'd get Isaac, Geno, Skull Kid, Banjo, and even Bandanna Dee.......................

..............and Crash Bandicoot
Well before the Smash 4 release they did a big 50-fact extravaganza. Who's to say it won't happen again?

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman

Waluigi
Daisy
Skull Kid
Sidon
Mimikyu
New Gen Pokemon
FE Heroes character
Medusa
Arms character
Isabelle
3rd Party
Retro Character

Yeah I was expecting:
Inklings
Pokemon rep
FE rep
A couple echoes
And some random characters from series that I hardly know anything about.
right after Sakurai said don't expect too many new fighters I was expecting a Pokemon reveal. But then I saw Ridley and my expectations went up. Then after Simon and K. Rool I was pretty impressed. Then Isabelle was kind of not surprising. No characters currently announced were on my top 10, (except for Dark Samus but she is not unique) so while I am glad that we have some good additions, nobody has gotten me hyped yet.
Last time it was Mega Man and Little Mac. Waiting for you to blow my mind Sakurai! Lol but even if none of them get in (please get in Isaac) I have been satisfied with the characters chosen thus far.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Yeah I was expecting:
Inklings
Pokemon rep
FE rep
A couple echoes
And some random characters from series that I hardly know anything about.
right after Sakurai said don't expect too many new fighters I was expecting a Pokemon reveal. But then I saw Ridley and my expectations went up. Then after Simon and K. Rool I was pretty impressed. Then Isabelle was kind of not surprising. No characters currently announced were on my top 10, (except for Dark Samus but she is not unique) so while I am glad that we have some good additions, nobody has gotten me hyped yet.
Last time it was Mega Man and Little Mac. Waiting for you to blow my mind Sakurai! Lol but even if none of them get in (please get in Isaac) I have been satisfied with the characters chosen thus far.
The only character (so far) that has ever hyped me to 100% in the history of Smash Bros has been Sonic. And I know that Isaac will be the only one that will go beyond that for me.

Smash 4, while having a pretty impressive roster, really disappointed me. As everyone has pointed out, and I totally agree, Smash 4 was a promotional deal rather than an actual game. Yes, I know Smash Bros in general is a promotional game in of itself, but Smash 4 felt such like a complete sell out and incomplete. It felt like dreams were shattered with that game personally. The only character I did like in 4 was Cloud and yet I never played his games. Only know his story, seen Advent Children and played Kingdom Hearts.

When Ultimate was announced, I wondered if we would go through the same thing as 4. But after the likes of Ridley, Simon, K. Rool and more, I feel like this game is where our long time dreams will finally become a reality. But we'll have to wait and see.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
The only character (so far) that has ever hyped me to 100% in the history of Smash Bros has been Sonic. And I know that Isaac will be the only one that will go beyond that for me.

Smash 4, while having a pretty impressive roster, really disappointed me. As everyone has pointed out, and I totally agree, Smash 4 was a promotional deal rather than an actual game. Yes, I know Smash Bros in general is a promotional game in of itself, but Smash 4 felt such like a complete sell out and incomplete. It felt like dreams were shattered with that game personally. The only character I did like in 4 was Cloud and yet I never played his games. Only know his story, seen Advent Children and played Kingdom Hearts.

When Ultimate was announced, I wondered if we would go through the same thing as 4. But after the likes of Ridley, Simon, K. Rool and more, I feel like this game is where our long time dreams will finally become a reality. But we'll have to wait and see.
I like the idea that Ridley single-handedly brought about a renaissance to Smash speculation.:estatic:
Edit: My most hype character reveals have been Meta Knight (I had played a lot of Kirby's Air Ride, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror at the time) and Ridley (as a big Metroid fan).

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace

isaac too?

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
One question regarding the bar event, when is it? I want to know the hour of the event here in spain.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Honestly, if there isn't a smash related reveal this week, then I'm just not gonna care about Smash for now. Making us wait till November is ridiculous.

Unless they reveal Black Shadow/F-Zero Rep, and/or Isaac in a frontload of the last direct next month, or a surprise direct this week, I have no reason to put any care into this.

The Smash community is just gonna become more toxic as the days till release become shorter.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Isaac blessed Jacob by saying, "May God give you of heaven's dew and of earth's richness – an abundance of grain and new wine"

Bars have wine. The evidence is really stacking up

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

I like the idea that Ridley single-handedly brought about a renaissance to Smash speculation.:estatic:
Edit: My most hype character reveals have been Meta Knight (I had played a lot of Kirby's Air Ride, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror at the time) and Ridley (as a big Metroid fan).
My most hype reveals were Bowser Jr. (my third most-wanted since Brawl) and Isabelle (the only character reveal I saw first-hand, rather than having read about the character elsewhere on the Internet before seeing the initial reveal, so my happiness for her inclusion wasn't diluted by prior exposure). I was also quite hyped for K. Rool upon seeing how he plays — I tend to prefer a passive, cautious playstyle, so a character with a great mix of weight, mobility, defensive tools*, and long-range attacks (especially projectiles) will be right up my alley.

I'm defining "defensive tools" here as moves that give the character some means to avoid damage and/or knockback that aren't universal, and may have better reliability and/or perks in some respects than shields and dodging. The main types of defensive tools are reflectors (like Reflector, Cape, Mirror Shield/Guardian Orbitars, Confusion, etc.), absorbers (like PSI Magnet and Oil Panic), counters (like Counter, Double Team, Substitute, and Witch Time), and super armor. Note that a lot of these do require precise timing to work and/or fail to block certain normally-blockable attacks. King K. Rool's defensive tool is his counter move, assuming that it actually negates damage taken rather than merely having super armor (super armor is less valuable than outright negating damage and knockback).

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Isaac blessed Jacob by saying, "May God give you of heaven's dew and of earth's richness – an abundance of grain and new wine"

Wow it all adds up. Jacob confirmed as golden sun 4's main protagonist?

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
i fluctuate from "well duh he's in" to "man we're screwed" to "d-dlc right?" to "well duh he's in" as a cycle on a regular basis
Dude this is exactly me for Isaac lol. I went from thinking there was little to no chance for him, to thinking he was a near lock, to thinking "yeah he's probably DLC".

I also had this for Andy. Thought he was hopeless at first, then I thought he could very well be the "retro/surprise" character of the game, and then around August/September I figured his chances were RIP.

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace

Is it bad that I didn’t get the obvious biblical statement right away?

All I could think of was, “What would Jacob (Fire Emblem Fates) have anything to do with Isaac? I mean the wine part kind of makes sense I guess? He’s a butler... but Jacob’s all about that tea life... hmmmm I don’t get I— wait a minute!!!”

I’m kind of an idiot sometimes I swear.

Top Bottom