• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I still hoping they announce something in almost 3 hours (16:00 here),.... if not then I don't know what to think about the playlist/"New" button being changed.... I don't want to think it's just trolling by Nintendo to make everything less "clear" or predictable.

Will the sun shine someday today?

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
I still hoping they announce something in almost 3 hours (16:00 here),.... if not then I don't know what to think about the playlist/"New" button being changed.... I don't want to think it's just trolling by Nintendo to make everything less "clear" or predictable.

If I had to guess, I'd say they were updating the playlist to prepare for a Direct. Not that I'm expecting one in the next few days, but the game comes out in less than 60 days now - I think one more big batch of information is a pretty safe bet. There are less than two months for a Direct to happen, so maybe they just got some character trailers done and decided to upload them to the list ahead of time?

With how excited everyone is for Smash, I doubt they'd announce anything out of the blue - I'm thinking they'd announce an event in advance so that even people who aren't anxiously awaiting the next announcement have time to see that it's coming.

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
Also, **** Incenroar.

I get Music Theory was a thing against a Pokémon Rep, but now that there are people spouting this, people will expect Incenroar.

But what sane person at Nintendo would include that cat over the cooler owl?

Honestly, I would the Grass owl over that dumb tiger anyday.

But I also don't want any new Pokémon since my most wanted newcomers are from franchises that people don't give a **** about on SmashBoards.

So for the sake of pissing off the Vergeben fanboys, I'll just say that Incenroar's chances are non-existent to me, since I refuse to acknowledge it.
Sadly though, my faith has dropped so low for Isaac. At this point i'm just having a wait and see approach!

Really no point of getting yourself hyped up only for disappointment.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Sadly though, my faith has dropped so low for Isaac. At this point i'm just having a wait and see approach!

Really no point of getting yourself hyped up only for disappointment.
Just curious, but I wonder why? What happened that hurts his chances so much?

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
It's just crunch time. As we get closer to release there are fewer and fewer chances to be shown

I'm still hopeful but I'm ready should he not be in the game yet to raise the biggest stink and been for dlc

The new banner actually more hints at next Wednesday than today, but the playlist update would have hinted at this week.

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Highly recommend origins. The best AC Game since 2 imo. But yeah it's fun to use stealth, especially with the new form of eagle vision, but you could also just slay your way through most fortresses if you wanted to, which can be both a good and a bad thing.
I think they should make the system more class based. Give your character a growth focus like combat or stealth. That way players could either have an awesome combatant that can plow through enemies. Or a sneaky assassin with more stealth based items and such, like a grapple hook or something so they can easily reach better vantage points etc. It would also increase replay value as each class of assassin would play through areas very differently.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Crunch time could be said about any newcomer being speculated on these boards. There are some characters that have much less hints or theories to go on but supporters remain confident through the sheer will of wanting their character playable. I find it commendable rather than thinking they're setting themselves up for disappointment.

Of course Isaac comes with the added baggage of being a requested character who's maintained popularity over time and currently his status in Ultimate has dragged out so long (and with the other big jaggernauts of Smash fandom confirmed) that he's become the main fan base to watch a possible inevitable melt down if he's deconfirmed.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
And nothing. Now 100% I don't know what to think, why they did the same steps (playlist/new button) if they didn't mean anything? :(

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Even if he ain't in base we keep asking and being as loud and respectful as we can isaac or we die trying

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Even if he ain't in base we keep asking and being as loud and respectful as we can isaac or we die trying
I feel we can count on us in here to be reasonable, but I'm sure some Isaac fans, somewhere will @ Sakurai and go ballistic. It's unfortunately inevitable, not being able to control every individual so I'm prepared for Isaac supporters to be dragged through the mud on account of a few bad apples. Of course I'm getting a head of myself, in a month this could all be moot when Isaac's confirmed lol.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
but the more and more smash games go by the more obscure he becomes, (not a bad thing, there's a bunch of obscure games I love to pieces. Like Soul Nomad!) the greater GS base will just flit away and stop caring then where we be?

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I feel we can count on us in here to be reasonable, but I'm sure some Isaac fans, somewhere will @ Sakurai and go ballistic. It's unfortunately inevitable, not being able to control every individual so I'm prepared for Isaac supporters to be dragged through the mud on account of a few bad apples. Of course I'm getting a head of myself, in a month this could all be moot when Isaac's confirmed lol.
I'm not really worried about our image we don't really lash out like that there are gonna be the vocal ones but even then the vocal ones that aren't in here aren't our problem we just gotta keep pushing forward and keep asking lucky us we have allies in other characters

ferioku

Smash Ace
Absolutely nothing, I've just lost complete faith until proved otherwise. A lot of people will hate what i'm saying but I genuinely do NOT believe Isaac is in the game, as much as I want him to be and I know for sure I want him more than most here but lasts years positive energy turned into a total disappointment and I really don't want a repeat of that. Hopefully Sakurai has heard our cries but we just have to wait and see right? I'm not usually cynical like this but things always go against what I wish for at the end of the day lol...

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I just hate how boring this month has been so far.

September was so disappointing to me in terms of announcements, that I just want something to tide me over in terms of SOMETHING good.

But of course, Nintendo are being stubborn lil' ****s. Not even gonna give me what I want on the week where I have NOTHING going on.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely nothing, I've just lost complete faith until proved otherwise. A lot of people will hate what i'm saying but I genuinely do NOT believe Isaac is in the game, as much as I want him to be and I know for sure I want him more than most here but lasts years positive energy turned into a total disappointment and I really don't want a repeat of that. Hopefully Sakurai has heard our cries but we just have to wait and see right? I'm not usually cynical like this but things always go against what I wish for at the end of the day lol...
That's great! But I think your are on the wrong forum! Why don't you try r/cynical?

Tbh I don't know how 18 years of disapointment feels, but Isaac is the first party whit the most going for him at the moment and Sakurai teased him too. The trademark renewal twice in a years was probably not for is AT and Motoi Sakuraba is yet to be shown whit a music on the website.

Nothing is worrying so far.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
That's great! But I think your are on the wrong forum! Why don't you try r/cynical?

Tbh I don't know how 18 years of disapointment feels, but Isaac is the first party whit the most going for him at the moment and Sakurai teased him too. The trademark renewal twice in a years was probably not for is AT and Motoi Sakuraba is yet to be shown whit a music on the website.

Nothing is worrying so far.
Want 8 years of disappointment? Be a Advanced Wars or Golden Sun fan.
Want to feel 14 years of disappointment? Be an F-Zero fan.

Want to have 19 years of disappointment? Be a wave race fan.

Want to have 24 years of dissapointment? Be a startropics fan.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman

Want to have 2 generation of disapointment, be a Pokémon fan.

Must suck real bad to be one of them, but I'm hopefull about GS chances this time.

Last edited:

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice

Eeeeh You may say only 8 for Golden Sun, but personally I see DD as a disappointment so I just sum the years since TLA.

That said. I'm pretty sure nothing will change whether I'm hyped or cursing my "terrible life", so I see no point on whining about it.
*shrugs

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Eeeeh You may say only 8 for Golden Sun, but personally I see DD as a disappointment so I just sum the years since TLA.

That said. I'm pretty sure nothing will change whether I'm hyped or cursing my "terrible life", so I see no point on whining about it.
*shrugs
Meh.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Man, it's painful knowing that Nintendo has something to announce, but not knowing what it is or when it's going to be announced.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Hopefully we get SOMETHING in October. It'd be lame if all we got in 2 months was Isabelle. Nothing against the character, but she isn't really exciting to me.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Hopefully we get SOMETHING in October. It'd be lame if all we got in 2 months was Isabelle. Nothing against the character, but she isn't really exciting to me.
Same.

In fact, nothing in that direct was all that exciting to me.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Same.

In fact, nothing in that direct was all that exciting to me.
Well, having all those FF games come to the Switch was great, and I liked how Yoshi's Crafted World looked. The Capcom beat em up bundle was also kinda neat and I bought that once it was on the eShop.

I was okay with the direct overall, it was just disappointing on the Smash side of things.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Well, having all those FF games come to the Switch was great, and I liked how Yoshi's Crafted World looked. The Capcom beat em up bundle was also kinda neat and I bought that once it was on the eShop.

I was okay with the direct overall, it was just disappointing on the Smash side of things.
I mean, Yoshi was the only good thing that came from that direct.

And ports will not save an otherwise trash direct.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I don't need much context to want to hate the mere possibility of it.

10 characters for Pokémon? 10!?

Yet they can't even be bothered to give the lower franchises a chance. Imagine a world where Pokémon wasn't getting a newcomer, and that development time went to instead work on other characters.

That would be my "too good to be true" world.
Honestly they should release a Pokemon as one of the DLC characters instead of base. Cause who isn't going to buy that?..I mean besides Xeno lol

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I mean, Yoshi was the only good thing that came from that direct.

And ports will not save an otherwise trash direct.
The only thing in the Direct that interested me was the Capcom Beat'em up, and that is only because those games are fun and I believe some of them have never been put on anything but their origional system, and 2 of them have never been on consoles.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Honestly they should release a Pokemon as one of the DLC characters instead of base. Cause who isn't going to buy that?..I mean besides Xeno lol
Perhaps Pokemon Co. is going to use Smash DLC to reveal one of the starters for Gen VIII. That would be a great way to get the word out and I don't think anybody would truly mind it.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
As I see it, the problem is that Sakurai jumped the gun and showed off too much too fast. Between E3 and the August direct we learned that: 1) all veteran fighters are in this game along with some highly requested newcomers. 2) The stage total at release will be more than double the amount that was on Smash Wii U (48 stages at launch) with 103 being shown so far. 3) Many other details have been shared as well: Battle modes, options (final smash meter and more), lots of new items (Most of the game's assist trophies have been shown), and other returning features (8 player smash, amiibo compatibility, My Music, ect.).

While information since the smash direct has been slow, we have tons of information regarding the game at the moment. More information will come before release (which is less than 2 months away). Even if we get nothing this month, November is highly likely to have a smash direct with the remaining characters and various other announcements (possibly a demo). Also we have no idea what the game's plan for DLC is, seriously there are some announcements we can look forward to. In my opinion, the wait for information in Smash 4 was much worse than this game (they announced that game in 2011 and it didn't release until 2014). We have known about Smash Ultimate (switch) for less than a year and already have so much information on it that I have seen people say that they would get the game even if there were no more announcements left (which we know there will be).

Confirmation

Smash Ace
DTMpdk_WkAEjbT-.jpeg

Pretty much the state of Smash speculation rn. I hope Nintendo hasn't realized we've been using the New! updates to anticipate news

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
might as well stop having directs forever then cause they never seem to make anyone happy.
Yeah sure.

It's just my own ****ing opinion.

Edit: I have my own confidence in this opinion. I'm not saying that directs should be canceled entirely, but I'm most expressing my grievances about the last direct. You can disagree if you want, but I surely won't agree with you.

Last edited:

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Let's assume Sakurai's motivation for wanting to announce all the playable fighters before release is to avoid leaks. This is reasonable as he's stated in interviews and his column that he doesn't like people having the moment ruined or stolen by random leakers. Also, it kind of makes obvious sense.

"The staff and I have been pouring all our energy into this project for many years. We’ve been meticulous and methodical in our preparations. I also feel like we put a lot of effort into the presentation, including the initial promo video. I really didn’t want for this thing we’ve been working on for years to be ruined by someone’s petty sense of self-satisfaction. " Source

The largest of these for Smash 4 was the ESRB leak. It leaked the full retail version of the game and roster. The ESRB is American, external to Nintendo, but it's required for a game sold physically in North America to be reviewed before it comes out. Let's assume the ESRB was responsible for the leak and they indeed had a copy of Smash 4 playable due to the tag used, knowing their process, and the fact that video footage was captured.

We assume that the process and time-frame for getting ESRB approval for the game remains about the same five years later, and that Sakurai was aware of the ESRB leak. Neither of these seem like stretches.

Off all of that (and assuming Sakurai learned from this), he'll have scheduled the full roster to be revealed before the ESRB leak could happen again this time.

The ESRB leak first appeared on 4chan on August 19th, 2014. Smash Bros for 3DS released September 13, 2014 in Japan and October 3, 2014 in the West. They had the English retail version. Again, the ESRB would only care about the NA release of the game. Let's assume the leaked it ASAP, so they had it 45 days before it released.

Concordantly, would mean the last day Sakurai would schedule for the announcement of the full roster of Smash Bros Ultimate is October 24th, 2018. Leave a week of wiggle room (who knows what earthquakes could hit) and I'd be astonished if the full roster reveal is not next week.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Perhaps Pokemon Co. is going to use Smash DLC to reveal one of the starters for Gen VIII. That would be a great way to get the word out and I don't think anybody would truly mind it.
I would. Miss me with those advertising picks.

tveye

Smash Journeyman
You can still be an Isaac fan and still not expect him to show up. It's obvious that Sakurai isn't gunning for his inclusion, it's all on the fans and while plenty of people are supporting Isaac NOW, back in 2015 I bet most of them voted for other characters in the ballot.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Let's assume Sakurai's motivation for wanting to announce all the playable fighters before release is to avoid leaks. This is reasonable as he's stated in interviews and his column that he doesn't like people having the moment ruined or stolen by random leakers. Also, it kind of makes obvious sense.

"The staff and I have been pouring all our energy into this project for many years. We’ve been meticulous and methodical in our preparations. I also feel like we put a lot of effort into the presentation, including the initial promo video. I really didn’t want for this thing we’ve been working on for years to be ruined by someone’s petty sense of self-satisfaction. " Source

The largest of these for Smash 4 was the ESRB leak. It leaked the full retail version of the game and roster. The ESRB is American, external to Nintendo, but it's required for a game sold physically in North America to be reviewed before it comes out. Let's assume the ESRB was responsible for the leak and they indeed had a copy of Smash 4 playable due to the tag used, knowing their process, and the fact that video footage was captured.

We assume that the process and time-frame for getting ESRB approval for the game remains about the same five years later, and that Sakurai was aware of the ESRB leak. Neither of these seem like stretches.

Off all of that (and assuming Sakurai learned from this), he'll have scheduled the full roster to be revealed before the ESRB leak could happen again this time.

The ESRB leak first appeared on 4chan on August 19th, 2014. Smash Bros for 3DS released September 13, 2014 in Japan and October 3, 2014 in the West. They had the English retail version. Again, the ESRB would only care about the NA release of the game, let's assume the leaked it ASAP, so they had it 45 days before it released.

Concordantly, would mean the last day Sakurai would schedule for the announcement of the full roster of Smash Bros Ultimate is October 24th, 2018. Leave a week of wiggle room (who knows what earthquakes could hit) and I'd be astonished if the full roster reveal is not next week.
I understand Sakurai wanting to avoid leaks and the effort put into the games presentations so far. However, to say that Sakurai would announce everything that quickly is not really accurate. If the last announcement happens in October, that means that there will be nothing for November. On top of that Sakurai has stated that they are slowing down the pace of reveals.

Also there is the matter of the ESRB. I am sure the ESRB has/will take the necessary precautions to ensure that another leak like that doesn't happen again. The ESRB are actually quite strict about making sure that a game is not leaked ahead of time and I doubt they want to be responsible for another Smash leak. Just as Sakurai is taking precautions to avoid leaks, I am sure the ESRB are doing the same thing.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
You can still be an Isaac fan and still not expect him to show up. It's obvious that Sakurai isn't gunning for his inclusion, it's all on the fans and while plenty of people are supporting Isaac NOW, back in 2015 I bet most of them voted for other characters in the ballot.
I mean, You can vote for a character.

Multiple times.

And I honestly think his deinclusiom from 4 prompted a huge response from fans.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I refuse to think nothing will happen this week or next week.. smash and lets go pokemon are getting closer to release... something must come.
I'm pretty sure next week something should happen if there's gonna be anything at all this month. Directs or news of whatever magnitude have been around the "mid" of the month, and both this week and the next one are pretty much around it, which funnily enough is the range the playlist and the "new" banner thing disappearing suggested, 10th-17th. The wait just freaking sucks but we are almost there if there's something in this month at all.

Top Bottom