• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Sora is completely different from that since he has no ties to Disney movies. So I’m pretty sure he has a good chance to be in Smash!
I honestly do appreciate all the information, but that kind of supports my argument about Disney being giant ***** about IP.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I honestly do appreciate all the information, but that kind of supports my argument about Disney being giant ***** about IP.
oh they are, but don't get surprised if he makes it in as dlc with all the marketing the franchise is getting now that it's exploding like crazy. It's not like they don't have a lot of disney and KH games on nintendo already, putting sora in the best crossover game ever is just a tempting idea for them to miss now. Granted, it might not happen, just like it could very well happen. It's a 50/50 for me, unlike 0% like some people like to claim.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I love this thread. 500+ pages strong of full isaac support. I saw some interesting leak about mercury lighthouse be a possible stage for isaac. I thought it was a little odd as venus would be a better fit. thoughts?

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Yes they are, but like I said they seem to only be that way when it connects to their movies. Since Sora is strictly video games...I highly doubt they care too much. They most likely want him in Smash for the added exposure plus dlc downloads will just be more money for them to pocket.

Smashmar2

Smash Cadet
While I take all leaks with a grain of salt, I don't think anyone can really actually say they know for sure who is or isn't getting in and who was or wasn't considered. I do honestly agree in one aspect that just cause it isn't a liked idea doesn't automatically mean it isn't possible it could happen. Educated guesses aside, we will not ever know for sure what is or isn't going down until it's revealed. This is why I generally don't believe or present myself in such a way until it is actually confirmed before my eyes.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Mercury Lighthouse could work if they wanted to have just Saturos as a boss.
Honestly any of the Lighthouses would work just fine, Venus is just the most popular among people I think.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'd say Mercury Lighthouse could work if they wanted to have just Saturos as a boss.
Honestly any of the Lighthouses would work just fine, Venus is just the most popular among people I think.
I just want Saturos' battle theme remixed for Smash Ultimate. That song would be a blast to fight to.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Already been remixed once, doesn't hurt to have it be remixed again in super ultra high quality switch land.
It is wonderful, but imaging a remix made by the Smash Ultimate team makes me so hyped; especially if it plays on the Golden Sun Event match where Isaac must beat Felix and Saturos as the stage boss at the same time.

I know Dark Dawn wasn't that great but the music was quite good
Dark Dawn was about a B when it comes to being a part of the Golden Sun franchise, but it is not without what it has done right.

Here is a video detailing what Dark Dawn did right:

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
It is wonderful, but imaging a remix made by the Smash Ultimate team makes me so hyped; especially if it plays on the Golden Sun Event match where Isaac must beat Felix and Saturos as the stage boss at the same time.
Saturos and Isaac battle theme is definitely gonna make me go crazy when i listen to them

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I found that Virtual Console post.
https://kotaku.com/virtual-console-is-not-coming-to-switch-nintendo-says-1825848253

I've taken the time to go through all of the Nintendo Switch eShop library. Current notable old/ramblingly pointing out stuff that caught my eye releases:
Mega Man X legacy collection (1 and 2)
Crash (I guess?)
Minecraft
Donkey Kong
Caveman Ninja(?)
Oh hey a new Harvest Moon came out
MegaMan Legacy
Shantae HGH (it's oldish right?)
Fatal Fury
Don't Starve
Samurai Shodown III
Ninja Kid
Punch-Out
Sengoku 3
Shantae Pirate
Scribblenauts Showdown? How did I not hear of this either?
Star Force, Sengoku 2
Necrodancer
VS Super Mario
Gungeon
Resident Evil Revelations, 1 and 2, collection
Infinite arcade fighting games tired of listing em all
Mario Bros
Minecraft Story Mode
Magician Lord
Sonic Mania(was that old last year?)
Jackbox 1 and 2
Aero Fighters 2
Namco Museum*
Cave Story+
Super Bomberman R

After careful review, outside of old arcade games there's basically no DS or earlier games *besides Namco Museum*, it's the only notable game from the handhelds.

Nintendo bringing up Golden Sun and Wrecking Crew like this is exceptionally odd if they have no desire to bring Virtual Console to the Switch. Unless Golden Sun would be the groundbreaker on the Switch, I don't think the trademark applies to just a port of Golden Sun.

D

Deleted member

Why don't you like Sora?
I've made it pretty clear a few times, so I'll be brief;

1. I don't like the idea of him, as it runs the risk of him being a "gateway character" allowing for TV and other non-video game characters into Smash Bros..
2. I don't like Kingdom Hearts at all.

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
I've made it pretty clear a few times, so I'll be brief;

1. I don't like the idea of him, as it runs the risk of him being a "gateway character" allowing for TV and other non-video game characters into Smash Bros..
2. I don't like Kingdom Hearts at all.
OK, I've never agree with that argument but I can definitely see where you come from by Kingdom Hearts contrived story alone, regardless I apologizing for asking if its come up before and since this is the Issac thread not a discussion for all newcomers.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I found that Virtual Console post.
https://kotaku.com/virtual-console-is-not-coming-to-switch-nintendo-says-1825848253

I've taken the time to go through all of the Nintendo Switch eShop library. Current notable old/ramblingly pointing out stuff that caught my eye releases:
Mega Man X legacy collection (1 and 2)
Crash (I guess?)
Minecraft
Donkey Kong
Caveman Ninja(?)
Oh hey a new Harvest Moon came out
MegaMan Legacy
Shantae HGH (it's oldish right?)
Fatal Fury
Don't Starve
Samurai Shodown III
Ninja Kid
Punch-Out
Sengoku 3
Shantae Pirate
Scribblenauts Showdown? How did I not hear of this either?
Star Force, Sengoku 2
Necrodancer
VS Super Mario
Gungeon
Resident Evil Revelations, 1 and 2, collection
Infinite arcade fighting games tired of listing em all
Mario Bros
Minecraft Story Mode
Magician Lord
Sonic Mania(was that old last year?)
Jackbox 1 and 2
Aero Fighters 2
Namco Museum*
Cave Story+
Super Bomberman R

After careful review, outside of old arcade games there's basically no DS or earlier games *besides Namco Museum*, it's the only notable game from the handhelds.

Nintendo bringing up Golden Sun and Wrecking Crew like this is exceptionally odd if they have no desire to bring Virtual Console to the Switch. Unless Golden Sun would be the groundbreaker on the Switch, I don't think the trademark applies to just a port of Golden Sun.
Well, I will say this. Seeing as they want to demolish having a separate console from their handheld and meld them into one thing (who knows how long, it could be permanent), it means that we could be seeing a revitalization for many games that are more or less stuck on handhelds for some reason.

Three Houses is going to be a return to a home console for Fire Emblem after a very long time; 2007, in fact. Say what you want about the Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, but they're basically preludes to what will be the first fully fledged generation that is setting up for presumably 2019 or 2020 on a home console. A lot of the good third party games were also there like the Shin Megami Tensei spin-off and main series which is why we're getting SMT V for the Switch sometime too.

Something like a Golden Sun game in the light of all that doesn't actually seem all that far-fetched. Wrench the game off of handheld systems and put it early into the Switch library to try to see if they can get it to stick as a mainstay Nintendo game. For some reason handhelds have never broken a weird stigma as being a companion electronic device outside of mold-breakers like Pokemon and Animal Crossing who single-handedly move that market by themselves. Hell, for many, that will be the only game they own on the system and that's okay with them. That's not to say they're not good because some of the best games I've ever played are handheld ones. I can't get enough of games like Devil Survivor, but they largely go unnoticed because not many people own the system or would play the game, but just don't like handhelds and would prefer it were on the PS4 or something.

If Nintendo were smart, this would be the time to capitalize on that market so we'll see if that's what they use the Golden Sun trademark for. Advance Wars would be another one that they should open that forum up to.

Last edited:

Smashmar2

Smash Cadet
I generally have never seen how Sora would mean we'd get non-video game characters. Like he himself is a video-game character. I mean yeah disney, but I just am not seeing that.

D

Deleted member

OK, I've never agree with that argument but I can definitely see where you come from by Kingdom Hearts contrived story alone, regardless I apologizing for asking if its come up before and since this is the Issac thread not a discussion for all newcomers.
Part of it is that I never was a fan of Tetsuya Nomura, given how he takes forever and a day to make something that requires diagrams to understand what is going on. In fact, one of the reasons why I consider Final Fantasy XV to be one of the best games in the series was became Nomura was removed from the project, allowing them time to actually finish the story. In fact, people had to get on him in order to make the KH games more accessible to people, such as how he only wanted HIS Final Fantasy characters in the series and was why Setzer got in.

You didn't know. But, there's a small amount of characters that would make me furious if they got in before Isaac, because their inclusion would make Isaac's chances worse.

Smashmar2 Smashmar2 He's been featured without Disney characters in Therarhythm & World of Final Fantasy, but the problem is that if he's in the game, there is that chance Disney characters show up, and it's that element that makes me hesitant on his existence in Smash Bros.. Cloud getting involved actually helped out his role in Nintendo consoles as his actual game will be released on the Switch, so I retroactively forgive the rule he broke, but I just can't fathom Sora being in. He'd be just as bad as Goku, because while not a blatant violation, he could be the Trojan horse.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Part of it is that I never was a fan of Tetsuya Nomura, given how he takes forever and a day to make something that requires diagrams to understand what is going on. In fact, one of the reasons why I consider Final Fantasy XV to be one of the best games in the series was became Nomura was removed from the project, allowing them time to actually finish the story. In fact, people had to get on him in order to make the KH games more accessible to people, such as how he only wanted HIS Final Fantasy characters in the series and was why Setzer got in.

You didn't know. But, there's a small amount of characters that would make me furious if they got in before Isaac, because their inclusion would make Isaac's chances worse.

Smashmar2 Smashmar2 He's been featured without Disney characters in Therarhythm & World of Final Fantasy, but the problem is that if he's in the game, there is that chance Disney characters show up, and it's that element that makes me hesitant on his existence in Smash Bros.. Cloud getting involved actually helped out his role in Nintendo consoles as his actual game will be released on the Switch, so I retroactively forgive the rule he broke, but I just can't fathom Sora being in. He'd be just as bad as Goku, because while not a blatant violation, he could be the Trojan horse.
I think there is definitely a timeline where Sora gets into Smash without any Disney content. In fact, I think it’s likelier that’s the case, as Disney would probably charge loads of money to feature any other characters that aren’t KH OCs.

That said, I completely understand your fear of a Trojan horse, I just don’t think Sora would be it.

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Well, I will say this. Seeing as they want to demolish having having a separate console from their handheld and meld them into one thing (who knows how long, it could be permanent), it means that we could be seeing a revitalization for many games that are more or less stuck on handhelds for some reason.

Three Houses is going to be a return to a home console for Fire Emblem after a very long time; 2007, in fact. Say what you want about the Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, but they're basically preludes to what will be the first fully fledged generation that is setting up for presumably 2019 or 2020 on a home console. A lot of the good third party games were also there like the Shin Megami Tensei spin-off and main series which is why we're getting SMT V for the Switch sometime too.

Something like a Golden Sun game in the light of all that doesn't actually seem all that far-fetched. Wrench the game off of handheld systems and put it early into the Switch library to try to see if they can get it to stick as a mainstay Nintendo game. For some reason handhelds have never broken a weird stigma as being a companion electronic device outside of mold-breakers like Pokemon and Animal Crossing who single-handedly move that market by themselves. Hell, for many, that will be the only game they own on the system and that's okay with them. That's not to say they're not good because some of the best games I've ever played are handheld ones. I can't get enough of games like Devil Survivor, but they largely go unnoticed because not many people own the system or would play the game, but just don't like handhelds and would prefer it were on the PS4 or something.

If Nintendo were smart, this would be the time to capitalize on that market so we'll see if that's what they use the Golden Sun trademark for. Advance Wars would be another one that they should open that forum up to.
Honestly Nintendo should use Golden Sun to pull in handheld players akin to Let's go for Go players.

He's been featured without Disney characters in Therarhythm & World of Final Fantasy, but the problem is that if he's in the game, there is that chance Disney characters show up, and it's that element that makes me hesitant on his existence in Smash Bros.. Cloud getting involved actually helped out his role in Nintendo consoles as his actual game will be released on the Switch, so I retroactively forgive the rule he broke, but I just can't fathom Sora being in. He'd be just as bad as Goku, because while not a blatant violation, he could be the Trojan horse.
Eh, Nomura to me is a character designer that got roped into the role of head director and all developers play favorites. (Think Kirby's Dragoon scene from Brawl)

I've never been for or against any character joining myself, however I can definitely see that from the perspective of someone who has always wanted a character to join all the way back to Melee and watching the likes of third parties such as Bayo and Snake, characters you believe don't need/ deserve to join like the flavor of the day Pokemon and Corrin. Sora would meet both criteria in many peoples eyes.

I'll be honest, I hate the Trojan horse argument. Keyblades, Character trophies of the KH originals, and Heartless alone could easily take up his trophies and representation and they could refer to most every Disney characters in his trophies as "The King, the kings guards, the evil queen,the master sorcerer, and the book keeper." He also appeared on the GBA, DS, and 3DS with four games on Nintendo systems as a whole. The only thing on him or any KH original character that would need to be changed is his key-chain.

Note: this last paragraph may sound long winded so I apologize for that.

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
I love this pixel art so **** much. Represents the 4 most important Nintendo franchises with sword-fighters protagonists.
IMG_20180924_205132.jpg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't know, FFXV stuff in general would actually benefit more from having the actual gameplay worked on a little longer. It's pretty divisive overall. Then again, it's what happens when the cooks working on the meal get swapped out for different ones that are tasked with trying to finish said meal.

That aside, I wouldn't worry much about Sora hijacking Isaac's place. I figure Geno fans would be a lot more worried about having it happen to them.

This would make a great opportunity to take Nintendo's handheld franchises and bring them into HD.
AGENTS ARE GO...is what I would normally say, if that even remotely had a chance of being in HD.

Last edited:

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
Seriously the best way to show off the Rathalos tweet. It makes WAY too much sense. I'll be surprised if Isaac is not in at this point.
Seriously.
Why the pic emulates the Camelot angle?
Why is in a Colisseum?
Why Rathalos looks like the GS's final boss?
Why are there 3 characters when GS and Smash usually have 4 characters playable?
Why are a spot here for another Nintendo sword fighter who doesn't represent his franchise yet?
Everytime I feel Isaac isn't in Ultimate, I look the Sakurai's tweet to recover hope.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So, Lucina has been revealed for the blog update. Weird that they didn't show her first. Hmm?

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, since we are on the topic of Sora I would like to point out a major thing since I love movies but there was a massive rumor about a year ago that got even bigger a few months ago. Anyways the rumor is that Mario will appear in the new Wreck it Ralph movie! The rumor got even bigger a few months ago when a usually reliable source claimed Mario and a few other popular Nintendo characters will appear in the movie during a scene based around Mario Kart! The Wreck it Ralph movies are Disney owned which would mean the two parties are very willing to work together so Sora is a very likely possibility.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Congrats on 500 pages guys! that's insane! curious how high it will be by the time we reach launch!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, since we are on the topic of Sora I would like to point out a major thing since I love movies but there was a massive rumor about a year ago that got even bigger a few months ago. Anyways the rumor is that Mario will appear in the new Wreck it Ralph movie! The rumor got even bigger a few months ago when a usually reliable source claimed Mario and a few other popular Nintendo characters will appear in the movie during a scene based around Mario Kart! The Wreck it Ralph movies are Disney owned which would mean the two parties are very willing to work together so Sora is a very likely possibility.
I thought that was confirmed? At the very least, I remember reading about how Mario was planned to appear in the original (the reason he didn’t is they wanted to write him in a way that he’d be a big deal and they couldn’t find where), and the director said they would definitely put him in a hypothetical sequel.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
This is something I think we should discuss. Do you guys think that Sakurai made that tweet last month just to see if people really wanted Isaac in the game and due to all the positive outcry it got, it led to golden suns trademark being renewed and issac becoming a slot for future dlc? Or do you guys believe that Isaac was allowed to be playable by Sakurai due to the smash ballot results in 2015?

TappyBat

Smash Ace
This is something I think we should discuss. Do you guys think that Sakurai made that tweet last month just to see if people really wanted Isaac in the game and due to all the positive outcry it got, it led to golden suns trademark being renewed and issac becoming a slot for future dlc? Or do you guys believe that Isaac was allowed to be playable by Sakurai due to the smash ballot results in 2015?
maybe the former. he might've gotten drowned out on the ballot due to everyone clamoring for other fighters

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to think that it was from his ballot results, I just think it'd make more sense for them to judge how popular a character is from the ballot instead of responses to a tweet. But I guess it could be either.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I noticed that at the same time as 500 pages we also hit a milestone of 20,000 posts
Well, yeah. That's what happens when you have 40 posts per page.
Already been remixed once, doesn't hurt to have it be remixed again in super ultra high quality switch land.
I've always loved the fact that literally the only thing they changed (besides the general instrument quality) was the addition of bells. :laugh:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Golden Sun's trademark was renewed in April last year. While we could argue that this is the case for the recent one, Golden Sun would still exist regardless.

If the tweet was just to test the waters for DLC, it'd be a bit mean.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Absolutely the latter.

He declines to show his AT and then teases to his inclusion? If Isaac isn't in, that's going to generate a **** ton of salt, something Smash hardly needs more of.
If Isaac wasn't playable, Sakurai would have just shown his AT and been done with it. As far as I am concerned, the Rathalos picture is basically confirmation that Isaac is playable.

Top Bottom