• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Indeed. Isaac AT missing from Smash 4 actually galvanized his fans and made them even more vocal. It's funny how that works, eh?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
We always got DLC.

The best thing we can hope for is no Isaac AT
True but I was really hoping for base roster. Even more so because we won't know when Isaac's trailer will happen and that's unerving lol.
Says who?

Honestly, I think the leak is crap but Ken was a freaking softball for an Echo. He was an echo character in the freaking early 90s. Until somebody gives me some other explanation for the Rathalos picture, that will continue to be all I need to verify Isaac. It's just too many references to all be coincidences.

People need to stop losing their minds over every "Flavor of the Week" leak.
I specifically mentioned that Ken doesn't change anything. My concern was with me not being able to see any other newcomers past Incineroar, Steve, and Geno.
Let's entertain the idea that these three are in and they all come with stages. That bumps us up to 106. So that's two stages left unaccounted for out of the 108 that can easily belong Isaac. Unless an official roster count comes out, there's nothing saying all of those stages can't come with newcomers.
Those two stages could easily be unrelated to any newcomer. Like a MH stage and a XCX stage. Just have to point that out.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Sakurai announced the last Smash Direct only a day in advance, right?

Man, September can't end fast enough

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai announced the last Smash Direct only a day in advance, right?

Man, September can't end fast enough
No, if I’m remembering correctly the last Smash direct was announced at Evo Melee finals on Sunday and the Direct was three days later on Wednesday.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
True but I was really hoping for base roster. Even more so because we won't know when Isaac's trailer will happen and that's unerving lol.

I specifically mentioned that Ken doesn't change anything. My concern was with me not being able to see any other newcomers past Incineroar, Steve, and Geno.

Those two stages could easily be unrelated to any newcomer. Like a MH stage and a XCX stage. Just have to point that out.
All we have is CoroCoro stating 108 stages but we have no idea what those stages are yet. Until we get official confirmation, it's fair game.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Well, only nine days left in September.

For once I kinda want him to go all Smash 4 and randomly reveal a character (probably an echo) on the website one day with no prior warning what-so_ever

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
All we have is CoroCoro stating 108 stages but we have no idea what those stages are yet. Until we get official confirmation, it's fair game.
While that's technically true, it's also not worth getting your hope's up and for those stages to not be related for Golden Sun.

I mean I just want to temper my expectations in the event of Isaac being absent from the game.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Never forget the Rathalos tweet.
Whoops, odd wording on my end lol. Meant that in regards to the stage convo.

While that's technically true, it's also not worth getting your hope's up and for those stages to not be related for Golden Sun.

I mean I just want to temper my expectations in the event of Isaac being absent from the game.
Oh, I've been hopeful and optimistic for Isaac before CoroCoro came out with the 108 stage confirm. Probably helps that I had my fill of fretting over fake leaks and worst case scenarios in 4. This speculation cycle is shorter anyways so we'll know Isaac's fate soon enough.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
No Isaac in any of these "realistic" leaks =\

Don't fail us again Sakurai!

Steve are you kidding me? xD

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I just to break from things real quick to link this vid. https://youtu.be/-oqYOgrl7ZM I agree with it and believe we should follow this example in the end of the day.
This was actually a very nice video. And I agree.

When Smash Ultimate comes out and if Isaac Isn’t revealed, yeah I’ll continue to play Lucina, Lucario and Zard, but I don’t have a personal connection to any of those characters. I can’t get excited about any of the reveals thus far because, with the exception of Ridley, I just don’t care. Not a DK fan so I don’t care about Rool, never played Metroid Prime so I don’t care about Dark Samus, I don’t even like Castlevania as a series so it’s hard to get hyped for Simon and with regards to Smash I’ve been feelin that FE fatigue so sorry Chrom. That doesn’t mean I can’t respect their inclusion, and that doesn’t mean I won’t try them out, but I can’t get hyped for their reveals.

I mean the only characters I’d be genuinely hyped for at this point are Isaac (of course) and Yuri or Velvet from the Tales series. Sorry Lloyd, I never played your game, so I don’t care about you lol. Plus Yuri is awesome AF and Velvet is edgy waifu material. But I know they’re not gonna happen. The only Tales character that has a shot is Lloyd due to fan demand, but even that’s improbable. I guess Yuri has a decent shot as DLC since Tales of Vesperia Definitve Edition is getting released on all platforms, but I still don’t see it happening.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Why is Etika such a polarizing guy? Sometimes his reactions seem pretty disingenuous but they're fun to watch none the less.
For me, it’s his reactions. I mean, during the Ridley reaction, he wasn’t even looking at the screen during the best moments (the character deaths and Ridley spinning Cappy). He goes so far over the top and it’s so obviously fake that it’s just not fun.

When he’s actually trying to be serious and analyze leaks and such, those have been getting fewer and far between.

His reactions just are not entertaining to watch. There are so many better ones out there.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
For me, it’s his reactions. I mean, during the Ridley reaction, he wasn’t even looking at the screen during the best moments (the character deaths and Ridley spinning Cappy). He goes so far over the top and it’s so obviously fake that it’s just not fun.

When he’s actually trying to be serious and analyze leaks and such, those have been getting fewer and far between.

His reactions just are not entertaining to watch. There are so many better ones out there.
When I watch a reaction and all I can hear is somebody saying "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" for like fifteen minutes, it kind of just pisses me off.

Etika is far from the only one who does that, but he's certainly one of the worst.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
When I watch a reaction and all I can hear is somebody saying "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" for like fifteen minutes, it kind of just pisses me off.

Etika is far from the only one who does that, but he's certainly one of the worst.
I haven't seen much of Etika though I remember seeing that Mewtwo reaction back when DLC for Smash 4 became a thing. Do you think that was forced or was that a genuine reaction?

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Even if a character I dislike gets in I still have a fallback myself in the case one I would like gets brushed aside (again...). And I will have gained a new punching bag so that's a silver lining. :p

Delta64

Smash Journeyman

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I’m hoping Isaac gets in as he’s one of the characters on my wishlist and Golden Sun definitely needs more recognition as it’s a great RPG from what I’ve played.

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
I’m hoping Isaac gets in as he’s one of the characters on my wishlist and Golden Sun definitely needs more recognition as it’s a great RPG from what I’ve played.
Isaac in Smash could mean Golden Sun 4, and I have a personal theory that they were sorta using Dark Dawn to set up for Golden Sun 4. I still think he is one of the most likely newcomers for Smash. If he doesn't get in, I'd be a bit surprised.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Isaac in Smash could mean Golden Sun 4, and I have a personal theory that they were sorta using Dark Dawn to set up for Golden Sun 4. I still think he is one of the most likely newcomers for Smash. If he doesn't get in, I'd be a bit surprised.
Me too, would love to see a new installment on the Switch :grin:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Not including Isaac in smash would be a crime at this point... Sakurai definitely knows how popular Isaac is, and I'm sure he knows by now how underrepresented golden sun is. I would be pretty damn shocked if Isaac isn't in this game as a fighter honestly

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I haven't seen much of Etika though I remember seeing that Mewtwo reaction back when DLC for Smash 4 became a thing. Do you think that was forced or was that a genuine reaction?
The guy is acting, like ... bad acting ...
At least his Isabelle reveal reaction video made me laugh a bit because of how bad it was. :drshrug:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
probably a coinedence.

LeakyPandy can't really skew any poll.

Besides, they aren't very reliable. :p
Leaky did had a disastrous ND leak in January this year, but since then she change her sources.

She as an insider at Bandai Namco.

Ex: I heard developpment of Dark Souls 2 started on switch, few days later Dark Souls trilogy announced.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Leaky did had a disastrous ND leak in January this year, but since then she change her sources.

She as an insider at Bandai Namco.

Ex: I heard developpment of Dark Souls 2 started on switch, few days later Dark Souls trilogy announced.
I would love it if Namco put Dark Souls music in Smash. Golden Sun, Tales of, Dark Souls, etc. all Motoi Sakuraba classics.

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
I would love it if Namco put Dark Souls music in Smash. Golden Sun, Tales of, Dark Souls, etc. all Motoi Sakuraba classics.

I'm 100% sure we'll see SOMETHING Dark Souls related. Music, AT, or Boss. Personally, I'd be all in for a Ornstein and Smough boss battle.
(Also, you picked the music from my favorite boss in Dark Souls. I'm actually making a cosplay of Slave Knight Gael right now https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dnqx7exVsAIvOzx.jpg )

Top Bottom