• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I said this in another thread but I'm getting the impression that Vergeben (and his other sources) are making assumptions based on Minecraft being from a new third party company not currently represented in Smash Bros. (Microsoft)

Obviously it would make sense to assume a new third party company would be getting a new character. However we have to consider that Ultimate is the first game in the series to have third party series not represented with a playable fighter. Bomberman, Shovel Knight and presumably Monster Hunter all fall under this banner.

Then you add on that Vergeben (and his sources presumably) made an active effort to figure out if King K. Rool was in the game and they couldn't makes it clear that they're nowhere close to being infallible when it comes to knowing what the base roster will look like.

Personally this is making me more confident in Banjo & Kazooie than it is in Steve. I think what I've been predicting (Banjo & Kazooie + Banjo Kazooie stage + Minecraft Assist Trophy + Minecraft Spirits level) is starting to take shape.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I said this in another thread but I'm getting the impression that Vergeben (and his other sources) are making assumptions based on Minecraft being from a new third party company not currently represented in Smash Bros. (Microsoft)

Obviously it would make sense to assume a new third party company would be getting a new character. However we have to consider that Ultimate is the first game in the series to have third party series not represented with a playable fighter. Bomberman, Shovel Knight and presumably Monster Hunter all fall under this banner.

Then you add on that Vergeben (and his sources presumably) made an active effort to figure out if King K. Rool was in the game and they couldn't makes it clear that they're nowhere close to being infallible when it comes to knowing what the base roster will look like.

Personally this is making me more confident in Banjo & Kazooie than it is in Steve. I think what I've been predicting (Banjo & Kazooie + Banjo Kazooie stage + Minecraft Assist Trophy + Minecraft Spirits level) is starting to take shape.
I don't think any of the leaks are real. I was talking to a journalist and it became apparent all of the stuff that was "leaked" were in the mill way before Vergeben entered the scene. It could actually be VB spotted it and just copied what was being rumored.

The problem with leakers is that if they are wrong, they can blame bad sources. If they are right, they can claim insider knowledge. Unlike predictions, they always have a let out clause. And that we will never know.

(Also it's off topic but I am celebrating today. I finally have 500 Nintendo games! Woohoo!)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think any of the leaks are real. I was talking to a journalist and it became apparent all of the stuff that was "leaked" were in the mill way before Vergeben entered the scene. It could actually be VB spotted it and just copied what was being rumored.

The problem with leakers is that if they are wrong, they can blame bad sources. If they are right, they can claim insider knowledge. Unlike predictions, they always have a let out clause. And that we will never know.

(Also it's off topic but I am celebrating today. I finally have 500 Nintendo games! Woohoo!)
Yeah, I read this from Stealth. If this is true, it doesn't help Vergeben at all. In fact, it calls everything he's said into question, because of there's been a rumor mill going on for some time with all these names on it, it paints Vergeben as someone who is piggybacking off of information he's heard from other sources. This also is NOT the first time Stealth has called out Vergeben on this, as he said the same about Simon (and Stealth mentioned the Castlevania Collection months before Vergeben ever picked it up).

And if there IS a rumor mill going around, that makes it all the more likely a good portion of said information is actually false leads.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I feel like if Steve got into ultimate there will be so much anger it'll rival the outrage of Waluigi not being playable (still happy about that too this day)
Maybe we could then trade Steve out and get Waluigi.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I read this from Stealth. If this is true, it doesn't help Vergeben at all. In fact, it calls everything he's said into question, because of there's been a rumor mill going on for some time with all these names on it, it paints Vergeben as someone who is piggybacking off of information he's heard from other sources. This also is NOT the first time Stealth has called out Vergeben on this, as he said the same about Simon (and Stealth mentioned the Castlevania Collection months before Vergeben ever picked it up).

And if there IS a rumor mill going around, that makes it all the more likely a good portion of said information is actually false leads.
Huh. Really? Well well well...
If that's true, I was right to always be skeptical. Doesn't necessarily make his info wrong, but if he basically just took things found elsewhere and posted them for his own use then... hmm.
But yes, innocent til guilty and whatnot.

Edit: Although I feel exactly 0 sympathy for leakers. Leakers are a bane on speculation and fun times in general.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
https://smashboards.com/threads/custom-robo-trademark-canceled.458636/

Man, this sucks. Poor Ray. We’re all speculating at the meaning of our trademark getting renewed two years in a row. About how often these trademarks are renewed, but nothing comes of it.

Some are not so lucky, it seems.

Think I’m going to go around and offer some emotional support to the fans of our fellow fallen AT. They’ll need it right now.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
https://smashboards.com/threads/custom-robo-trademark-canceled.458636/

Man, this sucks. Poor Ray. We’re all speculating at the meaning of our trademark getting renewed two years in a row. About how often these trademarks are renewed, but nothing comes of it.

Some are not so lucky, it seems.

Think I’m going to go around and offer some emotional support to the fans of our fellow fallen AT. They’ll need it right now.
Reading through a bit, looks like there may be hope after all for them, since the cancelled trademark was about uhh... let's see here...
"[ Compact discs and optical discs featuring children's entertainment content, namely, stories, music and games; computer game discs; ] computer game programs; computer game software; [ electronic game discs; ] electronic game programs; electronic game software; [ interactive game discs; ] interactive game programs; interactive game software; [ video game discs; ] video game programs; video game software".
Which apparently means they only cut the trademark for games on discs? Not the series as a whole?
I dunno I'm not a legalman.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Reading through a bit, looks like there may be hope after all for them, since the cancelled trademark was about uhh... let's see here...
"[ Compact discs and optical discs featuring children's entertainment content, namely, stories, music and games; computer game discs; ] computer game programs; computer game software; [ electronic game discs; ] electronic game programs; electronic game software; [ interactive game discs; ] interactive game programs; interactive game software; [ video game discs; ] video game programs; video game software".
Which apparently means they only cut the trademark for games on discs? Not the series as a whole?
Maybe not. But even if it’s not the end, I don’t see how it can be taken as good news.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
In other words, the trademark that wasn't renewed was for video games. Its just talking about video games in general.

Trademarks have numerous different categories that they are trademarked for, and companies tend to trademark several categories all at once. Considering the primary distribution method is via discs...

Keep in mind how old Custom Robo is. There probably isn't a digital distribution trademark that was in place for it.

Huh. Really? Well well well...
If that's true, I was right to always be skeptical. Doesn't necessarily make his info wrong, but if he basically just took things found elsewhere and posted them for his own use then... hmm.
But yes, innocent til guilty and whatnot.

Edit: Although I feel exactly 0 sympathy for leakers. Leakers are a bane on speculation and fun times in general.
Again, Stealth has said he's done this twice. Vaanrose has also been skeptical about Vergeben in the past, Vaanrose was someone who knew about the ESRB leak.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn’t worry too much about that prima leak. Maybe it turns out to be true but I find it strange the leaker set their birthday to April 1st. Not saying it’s impossible to be born on that day lol but come on...

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Alas, poor Ray. Sorry to see you go, you were a fun felllow AT.

So because of the information drought, I decided to go snooping a bit more into old info I don't think people have brought up, namely the trademarks.

https://www.trademarkia.com/golden-sun-77749719.html

https://mobile.twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/1040122415538495489

The very limited extent of what we can see appears to have one big difference: the new patents include "Downloadable game content".
Now that is very interesting. They don't tend to do this unless they intend to re-release titles. And now I think about it wasn't Golden Sun on the Wii U?

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I feel like if Steve got into ultimate there will be so much anger it'll rival the outrage of Waluigi not being playable (still happy about that too this day)
I feel like 90% of that was irony and memes, just a big excuse to crack jokes and ****post lol.

Which is appropriate because it's something waluigi would do lol

I dont think most of the people were super angry, wait til Steve's reveal if it happens. That will be legit anger

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeh, Golden sun was on Wii U for sure. Though it didn't sell well again (Because of the console, worst selling console by far)
They never really reported eshop sales much, but it was in the Top 10 eshop sales charts for MONTHS. It probably actually did VERY well considering this factor.

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
I've been looking around, and it doesn't seem like there's a petition going on for a remaster of Golden Sun 1+2 despite that regularly being brought up in discussions of Golden Sun 4. Yes, Golden Sun 4 has one, yet, I've already expressed my concerns with going for a Golden Sun 4 immediately. That made me wonder, if a petition was started for the Golden Sun 1+2 Remaster, would anyone be willing to participate in that? Even if such a game is already in the works, it's just a way to further our support for the series in my opinion.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Now that is very interesting. They don't tend to do this unless they intend to re-release titles. And now I think about it wasn't Golden Sun on the Wii U?
Yep, but it could be better. Every new game files for these areas from what I've seen because it's now a thing to directly download them.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I wouldn’t worry too much about that prima leak. Maybe it turns out to be true but I find it strange the leaker set their birthday to April 1st. Not saying it’s impossible to be born on that day lol but come on...
I frequently set my birthday to April 1st, actually. I dislike giving personal information if I don't have to.

I completely don't believe the Prima leak. And I admit my habits can be odd. But fake birthdays on site registrations are indeed a thing.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I frequently set my birthday to April 1st, actually. I dislike giving personal information if I don't have to.

I completely don't believe the Prima leak. And I admit my habits can be odd. But fake birthdays on site registrations are indeed a thing.
Oh yeah, I use fake birthdays sometimes too for various sites but to create an account just to post a “leak” and setting your birthday to April Fool’s Day? I can’t take anything that person tries to say seriously.

Q-Long

Smash Lord

I have insider info but in order to open this file, I need your social security number

Pla send

D

Deleted member

I think the Prima people would get the game around early November when they start developing the bulk of the book. At this point, they've just have the format down.

I had another dream about Isaac in Smash last night. It was leaked by gameplay footage.

EDIT: Did anyone see "Wii Remote Safety Instructor"? That's another gag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
What pose do you think/want Isaac to have on his render?
An iconic artwork/cover pose like these

Or a new one? :)

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I think the Prima people would get the game around early November when they start developing the bulk of the book. At this point, they've just have the format down.

I had another dream about Isaac in Smash last night. It was leaked by gameplay footage.

EDIT: Did anyone see "Wii Remote Safety Instructor"? That's another gag.
The users birthday is set to April 1st

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Things happened and I missed pages 431-now, did I miss any worth mentioning news? Anyone who is kind enough to give me a very mnor tl:dr?

Thank you in advance everyone....

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Good morning Isaac friends !
I didn't read the last 10 pages posted in the night, please have mercy and find the strength in your heart to forgive poor old Flynn. :drsad:
I'm back to work so there may be some days I'll be less present but my support is still 100% !

And that's just a few days till October ! I'm excited for the next round of reveals !

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Dang guys, I am gone for a couple days and you add almost 20 pages on me?!?!?! Lol
Oh everybody I voted for on the reddit a few days ago won so that is pretty awesome.

IsaacOrRiot

Smash Rookie
Damn, this week passed by infinitely faster than the week before the 9.13 direct.

I'm also just not a fan of the new leaks this time around, so now I'm not spending 3 hours a day scouring for leaks and speculation posts.

D

Deleted member

Damn, this week passed by infinitely faster than the week before the 9.13 direct.

I'm also just not a fan of the new leaks this time around, so now I'm not spending 3 hours a day scouring for leaks and speculation posts.
5 years ago, the pool of available choices was getting huge, but today, that pool has dried up considerably.

And, not having that uncertainty sure makes time fly. Still, I do expect an announcement any day now.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Ahmm....

https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1043125656542793728

This just was posted...
What do you think?

I'm really afraid of Vergeben being right, now with all the Steve stuff around....
Vergeben is most likely right about Ken and Inceniroar, however he is NOT claiming Steve is an actual character, just saying we will get some minecraft content in Smash (as always just so he can claim that he didn't confirm anything and save his butt)
The "leaker" on reddit literally only knew about Samurai Showdown and nothing else, literally everyone knew about A17 being the last DLC character of DBFZ for months.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Ahmm....

https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1043125656542793728

This just was posted...
What do you think?

I'm really afraid of Vergeben being right, now with all the Steve stuff around....
That model is off, to say the least. I know people will say, "Ken has looked weird for ages and so does Ryu in this game it must be real", but while the shading is pretty accurate, there's hardly any sense of depth between the gi and his skin. The face, hair, and overall model quality, especially on the muscles, look like they're from the PS3. Ryu at least looks smooth and well-polished.

Anybody can make a fake leak.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
That literally just looks like a SF model from either 4 or 5.
View attachment 165868

What the **** are you doing, Push. Smh.
He sports a ponytail in 5, though his hair (and facial features) in SFV are a bit weird. I think they would go with how he looks in SFII or SFIII, because its his most iconic look. I think how he looks there in that leak is how he would look in Ultimate.

Of course, even if this confirms some leaker information to be true, I don't think they know everything and Ken is a safe obvious choice (even more so than Daisy).

Vergeben is most likely right about Ken and Inceniroar, however he is NOT claiming Steve is an actual character, just saying we will get some minecraft content in Smash (as always just so he can claim that he didn't confirm anything and save his butt)
The "leaker" on reddit literally only knew about Samurai Showdown and nothing else, literally everyone knew about A17 being the last DLC character of DBFZ for months.
I really hope he isn't playable. An assist trophy or stage instead. I would rather play Goku or Thanos or any of those ridiculous suggestions than Steve lol.

Top Bottom