• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
https://pinpoll.com/embed/62575 guests feel free to vote too you guys!

What is this leak about you guys? Is it any degree of believable? I haven't seen the video, I will be searching it now

Edit: spelling mistake

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
https://pinpoll.com/embed/62575 guests feel free to vote too you guys!

What is this leak about you guys? Is it any degree of believable? I haven't seen the video, I will be searching it now

Edit: spelling mistake
Oh wow somehow we're up around 300 votes this time. It's been 45%-55% for a while.

Damn, Isaac's killing it now. Kinda weird to see after how close it was in the initial poll. When's the polling end?
Would be in 10 and a half hours iirc.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wow, we're really getting within spitting distance of the Smash 4 thread, less than ten pages to go. Then this will officially be the largest Isaac Smash thread to date, and in less than half the time of the last one.

Isaac is like a fine wine, only getting more valued with age. :awesome:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Damn, Isaac's killing it now. Kinda weird to see after how close it was in the initial poll. When's the polling end?
I am guessing around noon tomorrow if it will follow the original one schedule. Haven't checked yet though

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Oh man I'm loving the totals right now.
1417-1714
I believe what helps Isaac in this case is having a franchise without a character against an existing franchise with 3 current characters. Plus the knowledge that getting Isaac in Smash would instantly revitalize the series.

Edit: If Bandana Dee does not get in then he always gets another chance; however, if Isaac does not get in then Golden Sun itself might perish in due time. There is more at stack if Isaac does not get in the game versus Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I believe what helps Isaac in this case is having a franchise without a character against an existing franchise with 3 current characters. Plus the knowledge that getting Isaac in Smash would instantly revitalize the series.
#GoldenSunrise

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Speaking of these video "leaks" on YT, I saw one where someone was a translator for the strategy guide of Ultimate and knew all the characters. No Isaac in this one, but what really makes me go "FAKE" is that Vault Boy from the Fallout Series is a character. WTF?!? WHO WANTS HIM IN?!?

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of these video "leaks" on YT, I saw one where someone was a translator for the strategy guide of Ultimate and knew all the characters. No Isaac in this one, but what really makes me go "FAKE" is that Vault Boy from the Fallout Series is a character. WTF?!? WHO WANTS HIM IN?!?
Translator for leaks seems to be a trend now as the October 8 leaker also claims to be a translator (but for the directs)
And Fallout to get a rep makes like - 10 sense

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It really tells a lot when Isaac and Bandana Waddle Dee's poll has the highest total combined votes compared to anyone.

This is the battle to watch this round, and Isaac's killing it.

We'll actually have decent chances against the bird + bear guys!

Last edited:

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
It really tells a lot when Isaac and Bandana Waddle Dee's poll has the highest total combined votes compared to anyone.

This is the battle to watch this round, and Isaac's actually killing it.

We might actually be able to convince bandana Lloyd and geno bros to come vote for Isaac in the banjo one of we win which would be cool

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

This is the battle to watch this round, and Isaac's actually killing it.

Here I was wondering if Dee was just being boosted by people coming in and voting for Banjo in the earlier one, when they were all linked.

Doesn’t seem that way.

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I love how that video is the exact same as the 4chan leak I saw earlier that said Nintendo was on their trail and promised to upload gameplay footage but never did

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
So...I had an idea for the final reveal trailer for Smash Ultimate! It would happen during a Smash direct and Sakurai would say it's the final trailer to make everyone think it's just one character but it's actually two!

The trailer starts off by showing us two large doors of what appears to be a giant stadium, there is also a large video screen over the doors that say "Smash Ultimate" and we hear the various sounds of video game footsteps as the camera turns around and we see the flaming Smash logo with the silhouettes of every revealed character so far walking up to the door. (Clearly paying homage to the original reveal trailer of the game)

If you look close at the silhouettes you see that Mario is holding something. The camera pans around as we see various shots of the characters looking around at each other. Laughter is heard in the distance as Master Hand and Crazy Hand float down. Master Hand knocks on the door as Crazy Hand appears to be counting everyone, but struggling to do so. The screen over the doors changes text too, "Is Everyone Here?" and two text bubbles pop up with "Yes" and "No" but suddenly the text bubbles change into the Golden Sun yes or no images as we hear another pair of footsteps running up to the group. It's Isaac with the tagline, "Isaac Makes His Move!" and we get a gameplay trailer of Isaac's moveset. Isaac's trailer ends and we cut back to the characters in the cgi trailer, as Master Hand gives Isaac a thumbs up and Isaac creates a psynergy hand to give a thumbs up back. Master Hand and Crazy Hand both push the two large doors open and the characters start to walk in as we see Link, Marth and Shulk congratulating Isaac while Pichu seems to be scared of Flint and runs away from him.

As the characters all go into the stadium we see that Cloud isn't moving and is looking back at something. Behind Cloud we see that Peach, Luigi and Bowser have stopped by the door and turn around to see what Cloud is looking at. In the distance we see Mario gently placing whatever he was holding down on the ground. Mario appears to be sad and lets out a sigh as he pulls his hat down to cover his eyes and begins walking towards the door. As Mario almost passes Cloud, Cloud stops him. Peach, Luigi and Bowser look up towards the sky as a light shines on their faces. Cloud is smiling while Mario looks shocked as a shooting star falls onto the puppet Mario was holding. Geno pops up to his feet with the tagline, "Geno Finally Arrives!" and we get his gameplay trailer.

After the gameplay trailer we cut back to the cgi trailer as Geno and Mario embrace! Mario, Cloud and Geno walk towards the open doors as the camera pans up to the screen and it reads, "EVERYONE IS HERE!"

Hope you liked it. I kind of have the feeling Isaac and Geno are the last reveals. Hope we don't have to wait that long though...
;-; that would be so beautiful

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
So today's Blog post, Ganondorf, fills slot 144. Odd that that's where he fell since 142 is Bowser. But all right.

At this point most of the missing posts are singles now.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
So today's Blog post, Ganondorf, fills slot 144. Odd that that's where he fell since 142 is Bowser. But all right.

At this point most of the missing posts are singles now.
So they are filling the gaps, that means something to the "hidden character in last direct" theory? Looks like, if there was a character, it would be pushed and changed to another number after filling the missing ones, right?

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
So they are filling the gaps, that means something to the "hidden character in last direct" theory? Looks like, if there was a character, it would be pushed and changed to another number after filling the missing ones, right?
There's honestly no way to know, it is super odd how out of order all the reveals on the blog have been though.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It does feel as though the numbers are now being used to fill in gaps. There don't appear to be any patterns to the numers correlating to their releases or release schedules any more.

It's possible that Nintendo noticed people picking up on the blog numbers.

It might hint towards the cut character theory. But there's still not enough to be definitive on that.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, found this via reddit. Fun little game. Can you name all the characters currently in smash ult?
They're alphabetical until you hit the ones revealed on August 8 and later. Those are at the end.
Had a heck of a time getting the last like 7, took a lot of brain wracking when I was down to one. :p
Took me a bit over 18 minutes, cause man that last one took me like 5+ minutes to figure out.
Periods are a thing, so if a character probably has a period in it, try it with a period in the right spot, also spaces.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I just had a thought (uh oh). Considering most of the requested characters are now either obscure or third party, I'd be very surprised if the next New Series character wasn't someone from Nintendo.

Right now there is only Inklings from Splatoon and Simon/Richter from Castlevania so the 1st/3rd party ratio is really cut down the middle. Whereas in Brawl, the ratio was 4 : 2 regarding 1st party : 3rd party and for Wii U/3DS it was 6 : 2 before the DLC and it was 6 : 5 after. So there is still even with the DLC a clear as day preference to 1st party regarding New Series inclusions

Considering we are likely to get something like a Geno or a Banjo in Smash, we still would require a newcomer from a new series. Who other than Isaac is there around to fill that requirement?

Last edited:

Machete

Smash Ace
I just had a thought (uh oh). Considering most of the requested characters are now either obscure or third party, I'd be very surprised if the next New Series character wasn't someone from Nintendo.

Right now there is only Inklings from Splatoon and Simon/Richter from Castlevania so the 1st/3rd party ratio is really cut down the middle. Whereas in Brawl, the ratio was 4 : 2 regarding 1st party : 3rd party and for Wii U/3DS it was 6 : 2 before the DLC and it was 6 : 5 after. So there is still even with the DLC a clear as day preference to 1st party regarding New Series inclusions

Considering we are likely to get something like a Geno or a Banjo in Smash, we still would require a newcomer from a new series. Who other than Isaac is there around to fill that requirement?
A Rhythm Heaven character, considering it's a big series that seemingly almost got a character in Smash 4. And never count out a retro character.

But yeah, there's not much competition.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think Banjo will win, don't want him to win at all though seeing as he is owned by Microsoft...
I want Isaac to win, but I can't really bemoan him not winning too much in this instance since Banjo & Kazooie are my second most wanted.

Either way one of my top two are heading to the losers bracket.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
A Rhythm Heaven character, considering it's a big series that seemingly almost got a character in Smash 4. And never count out a retro character.

I am counting out a retro character. The focus on the Ballot and fan demand makes me think that retros are much less likely. The most likely is Lip, but I don't think she placed well enough to show up.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I am counting out a retro character. The focus on the Ballot and fan demand makes me think that retros are much less likely. The most likely is Lip, but I don't think she placed well enough to show up.
I would say a retro is likely if it's one the fans want.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Hey guys, found this via reddit. Fun little game. Can you name all the characters currently in smash ult?
They're alphabetical until you hit the ones revealed on August 8 and later. Those are at the end.
Had a heck of a time getting the last like 7, took a lot of brain wracking when I was down to one. :p
Took me a bit over 18 minutes, cause man that last one took me like 5+ minutes to figure out.
Periods are a thing, so if a character probably has a period in it, try it with a period in the right spot, also spaces.
Took me 14:42. The last ones for me that really tripped me up were Wii Fit trainer, Villager, Charizard, and Sonic was the very last one I got

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Could've gotten it in six minutes but I forgot Daisy existed so it took me nine to actually complete it.

And the sad thing is I was listening to the music of a Daisy-themed Mario Kart track while taking it too. :chuckle:

Tetiro

Smash Ace

It's not that there is little competition. There is NONE. Isaac dominates it through and through. Even using fan support alone shows Isaac leaves the competition in the dust.

A small sprinkle of what I found below
Even here in the boards and using that Smash Poll Data it shows the sheer support for Isaac.

Smashboards
Isaac - Golden Sun
Lip - Panel de Pon
Takamaru - The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Springman - ARMS
Andy - Advance Wars
Chorus Kids - Rhythm Heaven
Ray - Custom Robo
Ayumi Tachibana - Famicom Tantei Club
Saki Amamiya - Sin & Punishment
Prince Sable - For the Frog the Bell Tolls on

SB4Dojo Smash Poll Data
Isaac - Golden Sun
Wonder Red - The Wonderful 101
Custom Robo
Chibi-Robo
Chorus Men - Rhythm Heaven
(There were only 5 new series that are first party on the spreadsheet!)

When it comes to Smash, regardless of what poll it is, Isaac is almost always the number #1 New Series character that is requested. That alone is the absolute most important thing going for us. If we have learned anything from Ultimate, it is Sakurai is going forward using the Ballot to alter his template. The template still remains

Previous Generation - Isabelle, Chrom
Same Franchises - Ridley, King K Rool, Daisy, Dark Samus
New Third Party - Simon, Richter
New First Party - Inklings, ???

Looking at the data, it is just a matter of when if not how or will?

Last edited:

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I just need some news about a incoming direct at the end of September or a surprise character reveal at TGS or something. I can't think in waiting maybe 2 months to know something about Isaac as I'm spending most of my day here just waiting and talking about it :<

At least these last days we had a lot of new stuff to talk about (108 corocoro, box art, alt-costumes renders...). Everyday I'm waiting what will come next.

Last edited:
Top Bottom