• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
If Isaac hypothetically got it which existing Smash character(s) would you want in his reveal cinematic?

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
On top of what you mentioned, there was that following year's E3 (where Mii Fighter, Palutena/Dark Pit, and Pac-Man was announced), and I'm pretty sure Rosalina and Little Mac were announced at the end of Directs, as well.
I just gotta say, your avatar is amazing.

That is all.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Nothing will make the conspiracy theorists give up their conspiracy. They just alter it until it fits again.

Trust me, I follow American Politics. No amount of logic or reason will stop a conspiracy nut from believing what they want to. You cannot reason somebody out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.
Funny thing about conspiracy theorists, apparently they have a propensity towards cognitive dissonance (i.e. the more conspiracy theories you believe, the more likely you are to believe conspiracy theories that inherently conflict with one another).
Edited since Pholtos (from what I can gather) has stated that the Sol Blade is not Isaac's sword.
Isaac can wield the Sol Blade, in fact only Isaac, Felix and Matthew can (the Gaia Blade, until Dark Dawn, is a little less picky).

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Edited since Pholtos (from what I can gather) has stated that the Sol Blade is not Isaac's sword.
Nothing against giving Isaac the Sol Blade, I just figure the protag of a game should get that game's big sword. Purist sorta mindset there.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
On top of what you mentioned, there was that following year's E3 (where Mii Fighter, Palutena/Dark Pit, and Pac-Man was announced), and I'm pretty sure Rosalina and Little Mac were announced at the end of Directs, as well.
Little Mac was at the beginning of one, while Rosa was indeed at the end of one

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Trust me guys. This is the BIGGEST smash leak yet. You won't be disappointed, cause I swear I ain't clickbaiting.
IMG_3071.jpg

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Nothing against giving Isaac the Sol Blade, I just figure the protag of a game should get that game's big sword. Purist sorta mindset there.
Oh. Makes sense. Still, I would love both blades to be wielded by Isaac and Felix as they engage in a deadlock in their reveal trailer.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
No Issac on it, it's crap.

I'm sorry, after the glaringly obvious Rathalos picture, Isaac is 100% in as far as I am concerned.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Trust me guys. This is the BIGGEST smash leak yet. You won't be disappointed, cause I swear I ain't clickbaiting.
View attachment 165626
I saw that too and I specifically avoided clicking on it because it's just a little bit too much. That said, I gave someone's "100% Proof Sora is in Smash Ultimate" video a pity view because it was such a ridiculous concept. Sure enough, he said that KH3's villain had a scene where he was supposed to walk by Mario's hat on the floor and I was dying.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I saw that too and I specifically avoided clicking on it because it's just a little bit too much. That said, I gave someone's "100% Proof Sora is in Smash Ultimate" video a pity view because it was such a ridiculous concept. Sure enough, he said that KH3's villain had a scene where he was supposed to walk by Mario's hat on the floor and I was dying.
100% proof Sora is in smash bros.

Yeah, whenever you have a title like that, you know you're watching a good video.

100% proof that Tommy Wiseau is in smash bros.

See? I can pull **** out of my ass too. Doesn't make me any less right.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If Isaac hypothetically got it which existing Smash character(s) would you want in his reveal cinematic?
I will go ahead and say the same characters from the rathalos pict. Hell, same scenario and he just joins to save the fight. Fighting a dragon like a golden sun game does!

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
It's dumb. People are only giving it the time of day because it was posted on Smash Boards. Because this place locks all leaks everyone that posts here gets a credibility boost because 'It must be legit, because they're posting where they know it'll be locked" It's dumb

bassem6

Smash Lord
Okay so
Little Mac was at the beginning of one, while Rosa was indeed at the end of one
That brings the total to at least 6 directs/trailer's/individual character reveals (ie robin). So far for smash ultimate we have had E3, the august direct and the individual reveal of Isabelle. So hopefully this means we will be getting more info in oct, nov and dec before the game comes out.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Isaac's best weapon in Lost Age (that isn't the Sol Blade) is probably the Tisiphone Edge, followed by Excalibur, especially if you have Isaac in the Squire class series.

Excalibur might be a stronger sword with a better unleash (Excalibur increases Attack by 180 and it's Unleash: Legend, multiplies damage by three), but Tisiphone Edge is Venus-aligned (it increases Attack by 178, and it's Unleash: Vengeance, multiplies damage either by 2 or 3).

Because it's Venus aligned, Isaac's native Venus power adds to Tisiphone Edge's power when it unleashes, making the attack more powerful.

In order to get the most out of Excalibur, Isaac should be a War Adept (2 Venus Djinn and 7 Jupiter Djinn) or an Enchanter (4+ Jupiter Djinn).

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Bad news for Isaac, guys- I had a Smash Bros dream.

It was about a Nintendo Direct hosted by some Japanese anime writer who was hired to write dramatic and amazing stories for each of the characters in the new Spirits mode. Every character has their own unique story and they're emotionally moving. Then he showed off the two new characters and after a bit of a drumroll, they were revealed to be Tetra and Dig.

That's right, the final two characters are Tetra and Dig... the character from Dig Dug was named "Dig" on all the material presented. Tetra looked pretty awesome, but Dig looked a little odd, especially when they cut away to him in some level of Shovel Knight for some reason. It should be noted that Tetra was in Ultimate level graphics, while Dig was in retro 8-bit graphics.

Yeah, sorry about Isaac guys. Shulk out. :ultshulk:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Bad news for Isaac, guys- I had a Smash Bros dream.

It was about a Nintendo Direct hosted by some Japanese anime writer who was hired to write dramatic and amazing stories for each of the characters in the new Spirits mode. Every character has their own unique story and they're emotionally moving. Then he showed off the two new characters and after a bit of a drumroll, they were revealed to be Tetra and Dig.

That's right, the final two characters are Tetra and Dig... the character from Dig Dug was named "Dig" on all the material presented. Tetra looked pretty awesome, but Dig looked a little odd, especially when they cut away to him in some level of Shovel Knight for some reason. It should be noted that Tetra was in Ultimate level graphics, while Dig was in retro 8-bit graphics.

Yeah, sorry about Isaac guys. Shulk out. :ultshulk:
Your dream is wrong.

Because "Dig Dug" isn't his name, the character's name is "Taizo Hori".

That'd be like calling Pit "Kid Icarus" or Link "Zelda" or Samus "Metroid".

-icus.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Okay so

That brings the total to at least 6 directs/trailer's/individual character reveals (ie robin). So far for smash ultimate we have had E3, the august direct and the individual reveal of Isabelle. So hopefully this means we will be getting more info in oct, nov and dec before the game comes out.
This is the kind of theories I want. Any kind of theory that says we still have three Directs for character reveals is a positive theory in my book.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I can see several scenarios, so as such different characters. (Some people here have given some of these ideas iirc)
Example 1: Robin and some others exploring the lighthouse, archaeologically.
Example 2: Pokemon Trainer trying to catch a Djinn.
Example 3: Link, Marth and Shulk fighting Rathalos.
Example 4: Pichu trapped in a cave, unable to move a large rock blocking the exit.
Example 5: No one. The final image is revealed, and then the GS text box pops up asking if everyone is here. <- I would hate for this one to happen cause it'd mean we'd get strung along til the end.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I’ve had a couple thoughts about Isaac’s possible reveal trailer. I know I made up a trailer that was :ultlink:, :ultmarth:and :ultshulk: along with Isaac stepping it to help fight against the Doom Dragon.

I also thought of a funny trailer where :ultpokemontrainer: was trying to capture a Djinn because he thought it was an undiscovered Pokémon.

My last idea was kinda interesting. We would follow :ultmario: as if he was going through Classic mode. He beats two or three characters easily but then ends up on a stage he’s not familiar with and suddenly Master Hand shows up but it looks off which of course is later revealed to be Isaac using a psynergy Hand to fool him the whole time.

These are just off the top of my head. There’s a lot you can do with Isaac!

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Example 5: No one. The final image is revealed, and then the GS text box pops up asking if everyone is here. <- I would hate for this one to happen cause it'd
That would make an interesting final reveal.

Is everyone here?

Yes No<

Flips between yes and no a few times before selecting No.

No? Oh, I suppose there is someone missing... ISAAC LIGHTS THE WAY.

Cue epic gameplay

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
I’ve had a couple thoughts about Isaac’s possible reveal trailer. I know I made up a trailer that was :ultlink:, :ultmarth:and :ultshulk: along with Isaac stepping it to help fight against the Doom Dragon.

I also thought of a funny trailer where :ultpokemontrainer: was trying to capture a Djinn because he thought it was an undiscovered Pokémon.

My last idea was kinda interesting. We would follow :ultmario: as if he was going through Classic mode. He beats two or three characters easily but then ends up on a stage he’s not familiar with and suddenly Master Hand shows up but it looks off which of course is later revealed to be Isaac using a psynergy Hand to fool him the whole time.

These are just off the top of my head. There’s a lot you can do with Isaac!
Oh my goodness, if Isaac could use the Move psynergy as an attack, you need to try to high five Master Hand or Crazy Hand.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I can see several scenarios, so as such different characters. (Some people here have given some of these ideas iirc)
Example 1: Robin and some others exploring the lighthouse, archaeologically.
Example 2: Pokemon Trainer trying to catch a Djinn.
Example 3: Link, Marth and Shulk fighting Rathalos.
Example 4: Pichu trapped in a cave, unable to move a large rock blocking the exit.
Example 5: No one. The final image is revealed, and then the GS text box pops up asking if everyone is here. <- I would hate for this one to happen cause it'd mean we'd get strung along til the end.
I'd reserve the "Everyone is Here Fake-Out" for someone else...

*fade to black*

Now, as for an Isaac trailer... I think any of 1, 2 or 3 would be good.

Maybe a mash-up of 1 and 3.

Robin is exploring Venus Lighthouse, and Link, Marth and Shulk are fighting Rathalos on the Aerie, or something.

Last edited:

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Oh my goodness, if Isaac could use the Move psynergy as an attack, you need to try to high five Master Hand or Crazy Hand.
General move theory is that Isaac's Grab+Throw will all be associated Hand moves.

Pound for a down throw, Lift for an up through, etc.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Can you please read my comments? It seems you completely ignored them.
It's pretty evident in my comment I had NOT read your previous response. I have now, so thanks for the clarification.

FWIW, I didn't intentionally ignore you, I need to skim through a thread that grows at 5+ pages a day. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Well, at the very least it seems like we're in better spirit after the disappointment of not having Isaac in the last Direct. It was a good Direct all in all, but it really was a bummer for us since it seemed it was really our moment.

Oh well. Back to waiting it is...

Do Djinn eat? How do they survive? These dudes have no mouths!
2ibs77.jpg

Obviously.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
So...I had an idea for the final reveal trailer for Smash Ultimate! It would happen during a Smash direct and Sakurai would say it's the final trailer to make everyone think it's just one character but it's actually two!

The trailer starts off by showing us two large doors of what appears to be a giant stadium, there is also a large video screen over the doors that say "Smash Ultimate" and we hear the various sounds of video game footsteps as the camera turns around and we see the flaming Smash logo with the silhouettes of every revealed character so far walking up to the door. (Clearly paying homage to the original reveal trailer of the game)

If you look close at the silhouettes you see that Mario is holding something. The camera pans around as we see various shots of the characters looking around at each other. Laughter is heard in the distance as Master Hand and Crazy Hand float down. Master Hand knocks on the door as Crazy Hand appears to be counting everyone, but struggling to do so. The screen over the doors changes text too, "Is Everyone Here?" and two text bubbles pop up with "Yes" and "No" but suddenly the text bubbles change into the Golden Sun yes or no images as we hear another pair of footsteps running up to the group. It's Isaac with the tagline, "Isaac Makes His Move!" and we get a gameplay trailer of Isaac's moveset. Isaac's trailer ends and we cut back to the characters in the cgi trailer, as Master Hand gives Isaac a thumbs up and Isaac creates a psynergy hand to give a thumbs up back. Master Hand and Crazy Hand both push the two large doors open and the characters start to walk in as we see Link, Marth and Shulk congratulating Isaac while Pichu seems to be scared of Flint and runs away from him.

As the characters all go into the stadium we see that Cloud isn't moving and is looking back at something. Behind Cloud we see that Peach, Luigi and Bowser have stopped by the door and turn around to see what Cloud is looking at. In the distance we see Mario gently placing whatever he was holding down on the ground. Mario appears to be sad and lets out a sigh as he pulls his hat down to cover his eyes and begins walking towards the door. As Mario almost passes Cloud, Cloud stops him. Peach, Luigi and Bowser look up towards the sky as a light shines on their faces. Cloud is smiling while Mario looks shocked as a shooting star falls onto the puppet Mario was holding. Geno pops up to his feet with the tagline, "Geno Finally Arrives!" and we get his gameplay trailer.

After the gameplay trailer we cut back to the cgi trailer as Geno and Mario embrace! Mario, Cloud and Geno walk towards the open doors as the camera pans up to the screen and it reads, "EVERYONE IS HERE!"

Hope you liked it. I kind of have the feeling Isaac and Geno are the last reveals. Hope we don't have to wait that long though...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Isaac's best weapon in Lost Age (that isn't the Sol Blade) is probably the Tisiphone Edge, followed by Excalibur, especially if you have Isaac in the Squire class series.

Excalibur might be a stronger sword with a better unleash (Excalibur increases Attack by 180 and it's Unleash: Legend, multiplies damage by three), but Tisiphone Edge is Venus-aligned (it increases Attack by 178, and it's Unleash: Vengeance, multiplies damage either by 2 or 3).

Because it's Venus aligned, Isaac's native Venus power adds to Tisiphone Edge's power when it unleashes, making the attack more powerful.

In order to get the most out of Excalibur, Isaac should be a War Adept (2 Venus Djinn and 7 Jupiter Djinn) or an Enchanter (4+ Jupiter Djinn).
Actually, Excalibur can shoot out one or three energy swords.

It has +72 damage with one sword, and it adds the 72 and multiplied by 3 with three swords.

60% chance of getting three swords when the unleash activates.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Actually, Excalibur can shoot out one or three energy swords.

It has +72 damage with one sword, and it adds the 72 and multiplied by 3 with three swords.

60% chance of getting three swords when the unleash activates.
Tisiphone Edge shoots out... some number of arrows (about 8, I haven't counted them), whether they hit or not is random. Looks like it has generally the same RNG as Excalibur.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Tisiphone Edge shoots out... some number of arrows (about 8, I haven't counted them), whether they hit or not is random. Looks like it has generally the same RNG as Excalibur.
Venus damage. Atk +71. Multiplied by 1 (30%), 2 (20%), or 3 (50%).

gspindles

Smash Rookie
Phew... finally caught up from page 420ish around the time of the direct :crazy:

Here's a thought, for the remaining yet to be revealed fighters, what if they're mostly unique or semi clone (4-6 is my estimate), with only 1-2 echoes remaining?

So from what I hear, Sakurai would like to add as many unique newcomers as he can. But given time and resources constraint, that isn't possible, and things get cut here and there before release. Looking back at Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth 's posts on page 208 (please read before continue), echoes are made clear that they do not take much development time and are more of a bonus, should we really be expecting 5+ echoes when that about equates the work needed for a unique / semi clone? I'm assuming that "Echo Fighter" is more of a make up marketing term after the development, rather than a fundamental classification made during ultimate's initial planning / conception.

Making up a hypothetical unit EC - short for "Echo unit" - to represent the development time and resources needed to make an echo fighter. i.e. an echo fighter requires 1 EC amount of work. Looking at smash4's echoes - :4lucina:and :4darkpit: wise, the estimate is around:
  • 5+ EC ~ 1 unique
  • maybe 2 to 3 EC ~ 1 semi clone
I'd guess that :ultdaisy: and :ultrichter: took around the same amount of EC as smash4's echoes. Granted, Richter might be the exception as he and Simon were intended to be echoing each other.
:ultdarksamus: and :ultchrom: though, seem to require more, as :ultdarksamus: has noticeable floatiness and animation work, while :ultchrom: mixes it up by having up-b more similar to :ultike:.
So not counting :ultrichter:, current estimate is maybe :ultdaisy: 1 + :ultdarksamus: 2 + :ultchrom: 2 = 5 EC ~ 1 unique already. I know not everything adds up like that, (many unanticipated things come up during development, we do not know how they streamline character development process, and then there is balancing, etc...), but I can only see 1 or 2 more echoes remaining, not 4 to 5+, nor # of echoes ~ # of newcomers overall, as any more echoes than that and there could potentially have been enough EC floating around that could have gone towards creating a semi clone or unique fighter. Thoughts?

Sorry in advance if i failed to express what I'm trying to say clearly :confused:, but if the remaining direct(s) reveals mostly newcomers, that would be way way more hype than half of them being echoes.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Every time I read posts about all these leaks, this comes to mind. Makes you wonder what goes through Sakurai's mind when all these leaks get out there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom