• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'll simply say this for Dark Dawn. If you want to get all the Djinns, look up points of no returns so you don't accidentally cross one and lose out on some Djinn.
Ugh, I don't like it when games do that...

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Had a random thought. Imagine if Isaac is Fighter 69 (Heh!) and we got to page 690 by the time he's revealed. That would be one (or two?) for the record books.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I gotta admit. I want Echo Felix just as much as I do Isaac. Golden Sun is as much his story as it is Isaac and for him to not be in the game wouldn't be doing GS justice IMO. If they could add Richter then Felix shouldn't be a problem.

That and his design is way too badass to not be in Smash. Insta-main upon inclusion. :)
I actually think we might see a Smash Direct in somewhat early October. That would two months since we got any major smash info so it seems about right.
I highly doubt October. Although I believe their might be a character specific trailer like Robin's for Incineroar somewhere in October and then a Smash Direct in early-mid November.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
So, when does everyone think the next Smash Direct will be? I'm placing my bets on October 10th, the Wednesday closest to October 8th, which would be exacting two months after the August Direct. I think we'll be seeing Isaac at that direct, as well as another newcomer, maybe Geno. I'll say we'll also see nothing on Spirits, but other modes will be featured, like the Online, as well as a Testsmash announcement.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
So, when does everyone think the next Smash Direct will be? I'm placing my bets on October 10th, the Wednesday closest to October 8th, which would be exacting two months after the August Direct. I think we'll be seeing Isaac at that direct, as well as another newcomer, maybe Geno. I'll say we'll also see nothing on Spirits, but other modes will be featured, like the Online, as well as a Testsmash announcement.
Isaac revealed on an october 23rd direct as a birthday present!

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Give me a Smash Direct on Oct 12th revealing Isaac and Neku (TWEWY releases on Switch the same day!) as playable so I can have the Ultimate birthday gift.
I used to think we were only going to get only 1 more Smash Direct on late October to mid November, but recently I've been believing in one for early October and a final one mid November mentioning a Test Smash.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I'm on the prediction that we'll get one late september-sometime october, one in november and one near release in december. But I'm probably wrong. :p

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm thinking October due to the pattern which is too big to not be a coincidence.

June: Smash Direct>August: Smash Direct>October: Smash Direct>December: Release of Ultimate

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I predict we will get a Smash Direct in October that will detail 2 newcomers and 2 echoes. There will be a Nintendo Direct in November that will be used to advertise upcoming Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS coming in December for the Christmas Sales and the direct will finish off with a newcomer and an echo.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I always thought two more Smash directs felt like a given. It's hard to imagine Sakurai going over the remaining assists, spirits mode, features of online, trophies, challenges, other returning modes etc. what have you all in one direct, not to mention he'll also be covering remaining characters since he wants to reveal the designs of everyone before the game releases.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I always thought two more Smash directs felt like a given. It's hard to imagine Sakurai going over the remaining assists, spirits mode, features of online, trophies, challenges, other returning modes etc. what have you all in one direct, not to mention he'll also be covering remaining characters since he wants to reveal the designs of everyone before the game releases.
Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm thinking early October and late November/early December for the last directs.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Poll looks like it's going pretty well so far. (Hopefully no botting this time)

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has been posted around but here is the new link for the Isaac vs BWD https://pinpoll.com/embed/62575 this time around they are separated so tell me if anyone fancies the other links and I will bring them too.

Also, I am sorry I kinda missed the whole today, things have been hard in my house, I don't know if this is allowed buut, I wanted to share this around in case anyone can lend a hand to us or if you can at least read our story and help us share it. This is my family's story https://www.gofundme.com/ayudanos-a-tener-un-nuevo-hogar

Thank you

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
My dream for Isaac right now is that we get another single newcomer trailer drop in the next couple of weeks. There would be a nice parallel to the whole Robin reveal with "I'm not ordinary swordsman." In addition it could reveal his new stage, effectively nuking the 103 stage theory, put a nice wrench into the whole we only have Incineroar as the unique newcomer box theory (If not outright dis-confirm it), continue the trend of highly requested ballot picks in Ultimate, and most importantly, end up with Isaac in the game.

I know there's a slim to none chance of happening, but damn it, that would be the most hype thing and give us some much better discussion than the disappointment of the last week has given us. And I mean, of course, Isaac is always going to be the real priority, I'd just be happy for the implications of his inclusion too.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Nothing will make the conspiracy theorists give up their conspiracy. They just alter it until it fits again.

Trust me, I follow American Politics. No amount of logic or reason will stop a conspiracy nut from believing what they want to. You cannot reason somebody out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

D

Deleted member

That... was bizarre... and I love it.
The Kirby anime was WEIRD. I mean, one of the biggest problems is that at times it was "The Tiff Show" (aka what the Otakus called "Fumu-san of the Stars" in the dub), but the anime was built more like a satire of Western culture, that I revisit it every now and then.

And I created an OC based off Tiff... sue me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The Kirby anime was WEIRD. I mean, one of the biggest problems is that at times it was "The Tiff Show" (aka what the Otakus called "Fumu-san of the Stars" in the dub), but the anime was built more like a satire of Western culture, that I revisit it every now and then.

Oh man I remember watching that show so much when I was younger. Good times.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Question, who knows how many directs there were for smash 4? Just off the top of my head I can think of the E3 announcement for it, the long direct with greninja/solozard revealed at the end, the 50 fact direct and the robin reveal trailer which aired by itself.

ZelDan

Smash Master

I remember watching the show and being weirded out and turned off at how all Kirby did was make noises and never talked, because back then as a kid I guess I always figured he'd do that like I figured Mario or Samus would.

I'm obviously used to and absolutely fine with how the handle Kirby now though.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I remember watching the show and being weirded out and turned off at how all Kirby did was make noises and never talked, because back then as a kid I guess I always figured he'd do that like I figured Mario or Samus would.

I'm obviously used to and absolutely fine with how the handle Kirby now though.
Imagine Kirby with a deep voice in the anime.

There, you're probably happy with no-voice Kirby now

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Somewhere around the 8th, I'd wager. It has to keep up the apparent pattern of Directs being announced early in the month.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So, if we keep going at 10 pages per day, what are we going to be at when the game comes out?
If we go by no more pages before today is over, then we will have 780 pages to go if we go by the 10 pages per day. If we add the 1 page before today is up and add 780 to 471 we get 1251.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
If we go by no more pages before today is over, then we will have 780 pages to go if we go by the 10 pages per day. If we add the 1 page before today is up and add 780 to 471 we get 1251.
That would be crazy. Hopefully we get an Isaac reveal soon so we don't have to worry about going that far.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Ultimate Roster.png

I wanted to post this somewhere that isn't the general thread so i decided to post it here:

this is the ultimate hype af roster to me (okay goku and shrek are kind of just jokes, and that lock is a personal kinda oc character that i made up that's kinda like a final boss character yo unlock after beating adventure mode or something, if you guys wanna know what it is let me know) if this was the smash ultimate roster, it'd be the best one imo

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Question, who knows how many directs there were for smash 4? Just off the top of my head I can think of the E3 announcement for it, the long direct with greninja/solozard revealed at the end, the 50 fact direct and the robin reveal trailer which aired by itself.
On top of what you mentioned, there was that following year's E3 (where Mii Fighter, Palutena/Dark Pit, and Pac-Man was announced), and I'm pretty sure Rosalina and Little Mac were announced at the end of Directs, as well.

Top Bottom