• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I’ve not played Golden Sun either, but I still support Isaac because, like, all my friends who owned a GBA did. Even the non hardcore. I was surprised.

I find it fun how /v/ craps all over Isaac now in the same vein that they did over Ridley and K.Rool. He truly is on the same boat. Although ResetEra’s toxic, mean spirited passive aggresiveness over him annoys me much more.

So yeah. I feel like as long as there’s more than one unique newcomer left (since a pokemon is getting in, be it Incineroar or else), Isaac is going to be at the forefront. And well deserved.
/v/ actually pretty strongly supports Skull Kid, Banjo, Geno, and Isaac. Crapping all over him might be them trying to downplay disappointment. Didn't /v/ come up with the "it's disappointing enough to be true!" meme regarding Smash speculation?

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
So, I just decided to look back at my first post in this thread, after seeing that we reached 450 posts. My first message was last June, around the 26th... ON PAGE 26!

In three months, we've gone from 26 pages to 450. I didn't even realize just how much the thread had grown and damn, it's insane seeing how much support Isaac's been getting.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
/v/ actually pretty strongly supports Skull Kid, Banjo, Geno, and Isaac. Crapping all over him might be them trying to downplay disappointment. Didn't /v/ come up with the "it's disappointing enough to be true!" meme regarding Smash speculation?
There are just loud minorities there that hate x character and discord groups that stirr stuff by pitting fanbases against each other or raid threads to insult x character. At least that's how it was during Smash 4.

Chrono.

So I started playing Golden Sun recently. I'm a decent amount into the game and I'm really liking it so far!

ferioku

Smash Ace
So, I just decided to look back at my first post in this thread, after seeing that we reached 450 posts. My first message was last June, around the 26th... ON PAGE 26!

In three months, we've gone from 26 pages to 450. I didn't even realize just how much the thread had grown and damn, it's insane seeing how much support Isaac's been getting.
Yeah it's grown in an increadible rate, especially after a bunch of K.Rool fans jumped the bandwagon =D.

I've noticed that your profile picture is of Tokoyami Fumikage from Boku No Hero! That's literally my favorite character and we are also both British =O

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I found this wholesome picture of Isaac and Isabelle online
Oof. My heart... I think it actually started beating for a moment.

Hey guys, I honestly can say that ive never played Golden Sun, nor do i have any history with his series or even know his character. My own most wanted is Incineroar, and i doubt that'll change, but even without my knowledge of Isaac, he's by far my 2nd most wanted. When i read this thread and hear his fans, the passion for the character and the promise i see for his fun sounding moveset is more than enough to convince me he deserves a spot! So if there's a support group, i'd gladly join it, and best luck to you all to get your character!
It’s good to have ya! You’re not the first, but every time someone outside the fandom supports Isaac, I gain a little faith in humanity. It still surprises me every time. That along with the pic above and soon maybe I’ll be a real boy!

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman

Yeah I don’t think it had even broken 100 at the time of the Rathalos tweet, but that combined with the influx of our friends from the K. Rool thread started a snowball effect that’s been rolling ever since.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Yeah it's grown in an increadible rate, especially after a bunch of K.Rool fans jumped the bandwagon =D.

I've noticed that your profile picture is of Tokoyami Fumikage from Boku No Hero! That's literally my favorite character and we are also both British =O
He is my birb boi. Also, just an awesome design to work with :p

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
We've grown so big that if Isaac is not in Ultimate you can be certain he's either DLC or next smash.

Edit : that's why support now is important even if the roster has been decided long ago.

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
We've grown so big that if Isaac is not in Ultimate you can be certain he's either DLC or next smash.

Edit : that's why support now is important even if the roster has been decided long ago.
Right, we need to be as loud and obvious as possible right now when they'll be starting to look for DLC options!

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
I still think it's in Nintendo's best interest to put him in the base roster, but with all the support he's getting, he's starting to look like a DLC character that could actually make some profits for them. His popularity is definitely on the rise.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I still think it's in Nintendo's best interest to put him in the base roster, but with all the support he's getting, he's starting to look like a DLC character that could actually make some profits for them. His popularity is definitely on the rise.
I agree he should definitely make base, but strategically speaking, being loud right now about how much we want him is more likely to get him noticed in DLC talks. Combine that with his ballot performance (And even his performance in polls now, the biggest of which I've seen had 20k responses on twitter and saw our Golden Boy as #3 behind Geno and Banjo, making him the #1 most wanted First Party character.

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
I agree he should definitely make base, but strategically speaking, being loud right now about how much we want him is more likely to get him noticed in DLC talks. Combine that with his ballot performance (And even his performance in polls now, the biggest of which I've seen had 20k responses on twitter and saw our Golden Boy as #3 behind Geno and Banjo, making him the #1 most wanted First Party character.
DLC or a new golden sun game / remaster. I'm seriously hoping for the latter.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
So just a recap on the Rathalos pic, all the evidence for Isaac we have is as follows:

It directly mirrors the Golden Sun Battle layout.
If it were a reference to Monster Hunter, it'd be more dynamic.
The coliseum in the background is reminiscent of Colloso.
The 3 characters, Link, Marth, and Shulk are organized in order in which they appeared in the series, blocking out a potential 4th "party" member. (newcomer)
Link could represent Isaac as the blonde silent protagonist.
Marth being Mars in japanese, and being from Fire Emblem makes an uncanny reference to Garet.
Shulk is primarily associated with Ivan from reading minds / seeing the future.
Fighting dragons isn't anything new to Isaac.
That kind of pose is rather difficult to replicate without editting.
Sakurai would've likely picked up on the likeness, and not have posted it if it wasn't a tease to Isaac.
Assist Trophies are lined across the right hand side, hinting further about a newcomer that used to be an Assist.
All 3 characters are from different types of jRPGs, with the main type of jRPG missing is a turn-based jRPG.

Other than that i think it's just we haven't seen an Isaac AT, and he's been highly requested for several years. Did I miss anything?
Add the fact that we know Motoi Sakuraba is composing for this game and he has still yet to be featured on the blog, where they have consistently shown arrangements from a different composer each week.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Add the fact that we know Motoi Sakuraba is composing for this game and he has still yet to be featured on the blog, where they have consistently shown arrangements from a different composer each week.
I was actually wondering where we stood on that stance regarding this composer. Either we're insane or Isaac's in the game, there's just way too many little coincidences that are lining up and falling into place.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
That's also what's keeping Elma supporters in good spirits I think! I'm happy they still have hope, even though I think she and X in particular would be best suited for a AT position where they can really show off the capabilities of their Skells, which is what really makes X unique.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I hope that guy who claims to have leaked Incineroar and Isaac is right, we know the new Pokemon is coming but Isaac would be a very pleasant surprise.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I was actually wondering where we stood on that stance regarding this composer. Either we're insane or Isaac's in the game, there's just way too many little coincidences that are lining up and falling into place.
Definitely not insanity. There have been a ton of small things that normally are minor enough to render as coincidence, but put together? I'd say one of the most compelling cases for potential newcomers.

By the way guys, this was just posted by Source Gaming. Apparently, they have some renders of new alt costumes they're posting on their YouTube channel. Might be some other Smash stuff in there too:

Last edited:

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Like I said last night, Isaac being in is the only thing that makes any sense. Sakurai de-confirmed popular choices like Waluigi, Ashley and Shovel Knight right out the gate. Why would he do all the teasing for Isaac if he wasn't going to add him? That would just generate more salt and bad blood, and Smash generates enough of that anyway.

If Isaac was not in, he would have showed him off as an AT long ago. That he hasn't is pretty much proof positive that he'll be playable.

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Definitely not insanity. There have been a ton of small things that normally are minor enough to render as coincidence, but put together? I'd say one of the most compelling cases for potential newcomers.

By the way guys, this was just posted by Source Gaming. Apparently, they have some renders of new alt costumes they're posting on their YouTube channel. Might be some other Smash stuff in there too:

It's some alt costumes/genders, inlcuding a Yoshi with Crafted World textures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQGB7XnCQac

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I hope that guy who claims to have leaked Incineroar and Isaac is right, we know the new Pokemon is coming but Isaac would be a very pleasant surprise.
Which leak exactly? It's recent?

New details! Thanks!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Seems like the Woolly World stage is being replaced if Crafted World is getting acknowledged, which would further corroborate 108 stages. Would not at all be surprised if at least one of the five stages were for promoting a recent/upcoming game.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
But... Jupiter Djinni. I swear those pesky Venus Djinni always steal the spotlight. What, because the MC is aligned with their element? pssssh. Whatever.
I just think they're a little cuter. I think it's their less streamlined designed. They're little roly-poly guys.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Seems like the Woolly World stage is being replaced if Crafted World is getting acknowledged, which would further corroborate 108 stages. Would not at all be surprised if at least one of the five stages were for promoting a recent/upcoming game.
OOF. Only 4 stages left for one of those to be Venus lighthouse.
And Mute City Melee. (Pleeeaase)

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I get the feeling we'll only be getting new stages from here on out. It makes no sense for them to hide returning stages after showing us 100+ stages returning from previous games. There's basically no reason for it.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Which leak exactly? It's recent?

New details! Thanks!
Somebody here on Smashboards mentioned it, cant remember who but he bundled Incineroar with Isaac and I do believe for sure the new Pokemon will be next so hopefully we see Isaac too.. Oh and Felix too as a echo!

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I get the feeling we'll only be getting new stages from here on out. It makes no sense for them to hide returning stages after showing us 100+ stages returning from previous games. There's basically no reason for it.
Ok
Venus Lighthouse (feat Felix and Sheba hanging) (if Felix is a echo alfonzo takes his place)
Mercury Lighthouse(Saturos being a sore loser and blamimg the lighthouse)
Jupiter Lighthouse(Garet and Mia Haging)
Mars Lighthouse( Karst and Agatio taking a nap)
Sol Sactum (Wise one stalking everyone)
perfect 5 stages

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Depending on the Stage Hazards of a Lighthouse Stage, I'm waiting for someone to say Saturos' famous line.

"I lost to the Lighthouse, not to you!"

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember anyone posting this awesome remix of Isaac battle theme.

It's by far my most favorite GS remix. It's done by Zephyr Cradle, who did also great remix of other games like Final Fantasy.

If Isaac is in, I hope we get his original theme + a remix. I really love his battle theme.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Why would he do all the teasing for Isaac if he wasn't going to add him? That would just generate more salt and bad blood, and Smash generates enough of that anyway.
Well to be fair, Sakurai teased Ridley during a POTD and it took several months until Ridley was confimed as a boss during the April Direct.

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
If we're going remixes, my personal favorite is.
Actually, it's my second favorite one (got it on my music player since quite a while now). ! It's really greate ! A mars lighthouse version also exist by the same composer.

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
It's possible... but also consider that Yoshi currently has the most stages out of everyone already across the entire smash franchise. Which would lead to my agreement with...
This, basically. If there are any returning stages, I think it would only show up in DLC from here on out. It would certainly be a strange move to show us all of the 103 returning stages... only to show more returning stages, even if it's one of them in the next update you do. These final base game stages will probably be a mixture of whichever newcomers need one plus the recent games they are promoting. Pokemon Sun/Moon being a glaring omission so far with stages is prime territory.

That being said, I still don't think Minecraft will be a stage considering the music information we already have. I think most people get the vibe that it would have an AT instead. Though... I can also see it being one at the same rate considering the franchise is so big.

OOF. Only 4 stages left for one of those to be Venus lighthouse.
And Mute City Melee. (Pleeeaase)
This is actually more stages than perhaps you're realizing at this stage in the game because there really isn't a lot to draw from for coming up with that total. They are being omitted from our knowledge and I think it's easy to speculate why. A stage reveal at this point is basically tantamount to a character reveal. If you saw some Alolan Pokemon League stage or Ultra Space Stage, it's really not hard to make the logical connection as to what that means. The same is obviously true for Forest Maze, Venus Lighthouse, Spiral Mountain or any number of brand new newcomers. Even the stages that potentially don't come with a newcomer (Minecraft would be a good example here) I think that they would want to specifically give a section inside a direct or post explaining to us how amazing of an achievement it is for the smash franchise. So it's not that it's 5 stages left, so much as it's a very measured 5 stages left.

I give our golden boy a very firm inside track on that front, being one of the very few that could easily offer that without having to stretch out your brain too much while at the same time being teased to hell and back.

Top Bottom