• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Into the Halloween Spirit with Challenger Approaching: Skull Kid

skull kid.jpg

Inspired by recent rumors about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, the latest installment in Delzethin's Challenger Approaching series focuses on the wearer of Majora's Mask himself, Skull Kid.

While he he doesn't bring much new to the table in terms of mechanics, he's got a unique enough playstyle overall to not really warrant it. He's a tricky mixup/hit-and-run character with some odd movement properties - namely a high air acceleration paired with a high fall speed. Visually, Skull Kid's animations would emphasize the playful creepiness of his character in his source material, as well as the fact that the mask may control him as much as he controls it.

While this character concept gives him a few playful swipes for tilts and a jab combo that ends with a two-handed push, he's also got a few moves where Majora's Mask takes over, sprouting tentacles or simply dragging Skull Kid's body around like a rag doll. Meanwhile his specials are all based on the guardians of Termina's four temples, each one manifesting the boss's remains around Skull Kid.

For full information on Delzethin's character concept, be sure to check out the full video.

Scribe

Comments

...I love how his Hyrule Warriors art is being used. I should really make my next video guide about him now...

- Majora's Mask taking over and ragdolling Skull Kid in some moves
- Implementing moves inspired by the temple bosses as special moves
- Final Smash is a cinematic version of the Moon Assist Trophy, as it should be

These are such good ideas! Like, seriously, these are really great!

All he needs is Tatl and Tael as either just them standing around and doing nothing or being used in some way (perhaps an indication of being affected by a status effect that exists solely to further screw with the opponent?) and the moveset is literally perfect

Last edited:
I couldn't see him as a playable character before this. Now I see it. I don't see his tilts and smashes or what they would really be but those can be pulled from anywhere. I now see his specials though. Very smart. Eye opener

I like this video, it makes me excited for his potential inclusion. Zelda should get a new rep! Kirby needs his official Player 4 too in my opinion!

This dude is mad underrated! I love his videos. I think they'd have more reach if someone did models for him to show while he reads the descriptions.

i'm ok with this, i'm ok with most of his things, except Blaziken being Falcon's echo, if we do indeed get cross series echos (which is unlikely) i may agree but we got 1 fire type starter (2 if Incineroar's in) and i don't think we need more

His vids are also amusing to watch visually

Last edited:
i'm ok with this, i'm ok with most of his things, except Blaziken being Falcon's echo, if we do indeed get cross series echos (which is unlikely) i may agree but we got 1 fire type starter (2 if Incineroar's in) and i don't think we need more

His vids are also amusing to watch visually
Blaziken as Falcon's Echo makes great sense. Just make the Up+B more Shoryuken-like (Sky Uppercut) give it less ground speed but great jumping height.

Blaziken as Falcon's Echo makes great sense. Just make the Up+B more Shoryuken-like (Sky Uppercut) give it less ground speed but great jumping height.
Blaziken DOES seem like an interesting choice as Falcon’s Echo but I think Black Shadow is more likely to be his Echo. Because I think an Echo has to be from the same series. Blaziken would probably be a semi-clone of Falcon.

Top Bottom