• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get HYPE! II Results Thread

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Actually, Saint is not quite correct. Ryker can put the files from the SD cards on Dropbox right now if he wants, then our uploading team can start on them.

As far as having it done in a day or two, there were ~100 sets recorded, so it won't be that fast. We'll have them all done hopefully by Friday.
OO:

I stand completely corrected, as Ryker did not tell me any of this.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Did every carpool long range (CO,TX, ATL South) make it back safely?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
PM: Strong bad. Good games in Project M grand finals. I think you're a better player than me but you didn't know the Lucario MU. Ggs tho.
Maybe, but no johns. Your Lucario is sick and GFs were really fun. =)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
17: Hylian I'm still confused on how I beat you in Losers finals. I'm not sure if I could do it again. Ggs tho.
I told you that you would do really well in the tournament when I beat you and to keep your hopes up because you were really good lol. No johns here you played great.

GG's to strongbad as well, some of the closest games I've ever had.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I know we at least made it back to Ryker's house. Based on the fact that Bloodshot posted, I'd say he and BSL made it home safe, and my car miraculously fixed itself so I made it back. d:

Shoutout time!
Denti: Congratulations on winning the tourney! You've got a sick Olimar, thanks for the matchup experience. Next time I'll see you in bracket, and when I do, not even the Purple U-Smash Train will stop me. GGs!
Dakpo: Dude wtf do I even do against ZSS. Good **** on beating Lux and getting second. Gotta keep getting better so you body Denti next time! GGs, suit pieces are ********.
Delux: Nice to finally meet you man! You didn't get to show me LD1/2, but I really should honestly know them by now, considering I know the theory. I just have no Wii to practice. ): But seriously, fun dittos **** that and my comeback vs your ZSS was nice too. Excellent job at getting third, you can't retire now since you've gotta win a tourney first. d:
Kain: Wolf is broke as **** lol **** that character. No but seriously, fun bracket matches and fun friendlies, thanks for showing me that side b cancel stuff with Wolf! Next time, I'm going to beat you. No doubt about it. Also, you're really quiet.
Fino: Didn't get to play you too often, but your experience vs ICs is so dumb. I got bodied hard, haha. Top tier troll. GGs.
MJG: Camp me harder next time bro. I wanna see exactly how ******y that match up is so I can have incentive to CG you to 299 and time you out. Sorry I didn't get any friendlies until literally the last 5 minutes, haha. More Tink in bracket next time! You were hilarious, GGs.
JJ: Dude, you know the match up really well. I think we're pretty even, so when I see you again, expect me to win my 2 bucks back! Good job getting seventh, GGs JJTickTockets.
Shadow: We didn't get to play, but that poker face was S tier, haha.
Zeton: Cool mohawk man, good job getting 9th! Sorry we didn't play.
Bpow: Good job camping and beating me bro! I don't know what happened that last set, but it was obviously too much for me, so GG no re, nice meeting you!
Mr. Doom: Didn't get to play your legendary Ike, so sad. Good job outplacing me, show me how to SDI next time.
Domo:
TOP.
TIER.
COMMENTARY.

Jesus christ you were hilarious at Lux's apartment. Sorry we didn't get a game in man, nice to meet you!
Stealth Raptor: Pikachu and ROB are obviously S tier characters, banning them is imperative. d:
GGs, was nice meeting you!
Saint: You are bad and you should feel bad for not placing top ten. Work on your ****, scrub.
FAE: Dude Lucas is a bad character, what the flying actual **** were you doing to make him so good? Hacker status. GGs, nice meeting you bro!
Future: Nice meeting you! Your Snake was awesome to watch, even though you choked on Picto and almost choked the subsequent game against whoever I was watching you fight, I think it was Level 0. Good **** beating Hylian! You were hilarious, haha.
Rubio: Nice meeting you and the CO crew! You guys were all really nice and awesome, thanks for all the friendlies, GGs man!
Gimb: You were learning the MU after we played, good stuff! Any time you have questions about it, just ask.
Bonds: Thank your dad for helping us with the TVs for me! Sorry we couldn't get any games in, nice to meet you.
Level 0: Dude, I'd always get you to last stock and you'd ****ing go Super Saiyan or some bull**** and make the rest of the game ridiculously ****ing hard. Good games, good ****, etc. Nice meeting you, although you were a little quiet.
Megarob: If you were using the tag Tango, I know who you are. Good games, nice meeting you man! Gotta represent that broken character. d:
Ryker: 17TH SO BAD, ALMOST DROVE US INTO A WALL, BOTTOM TIER DRIVER. Next time you have to rep ATL south harder! Had fun in the car both ways, thanks for wrecking me in P:M. I appreciate letting me carpool with you guys!
Tmacc: Didn't play you or even meet you, next time I'll change that!
Hylian: Nice meeting you man! Good **** in P:M, and watching you in brawl was awesome, you desync so fluidly. Next time don't be so rusty!
Bull****Liar: Your mindgames are top notch, you're hilarious, just practice actually shoryu'ing Nana correctly and you'll probably wreck me! GGs man, fun car ride up there, shoutouts to the longest synopsis of Thor EVER.
Trevor: Shoutouts to driving in the rain and going even in P:M. Practice and come back and wreck them all!

Shoutouts to the CO Stream crew for doing that, it was rad as ****.

Shoutouts to Lux's apartment and everclear.

Shoutouts to dropped chaingrabs.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yeah, AL-Tuscaloosa made it back safely, each though it wasn't until 6:30 in the ****ing morning. I'm still so goddamn tired and I got to sleep until noon.

:phone:

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Who was Michael? What was his tag, and who did he use in tournament?

EDIT: I may have several questions like this as we sift through replays.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Michael Schlep I think. That's the name he entered under. I don't remember his tag or his character, but I'm pretty sure he was on set up 8 for pools. Not 100%

:phone:

*Cam*

Smash Lord
We know what setup he was on. We don't know what tag or character he was using. Right now we may just upload pools matches based on request and upload all the bracket matches.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Thanks to Lux for hosting. Great job with ridiculous rules that don't make any sense! I love it. I told you Olimar should be banned though.

I used snake and ROB in singles if you care (I do not)

Well I am sure I will see some of you sometime again maybe.

until then pals.

Jace08

Smash Lord
great tourney everyone! Lux and Strong Bad thanks for hosting

JBM- you found my weakness >< ggs you deserved it
MegaRobMan- your sheik is so wack. Good job at this tourney I can tell you've improved
Sinister- thanks for comin out man, your sheik was lookin mad good in tons of sets. Sucks that you ran into jbm twice in bracket
Massive- nice run through the bracket, I wish I had seen your set vs leviathan. Why can't you let me cheer for you ><
Strong Bad- good stuff in doubles and getting 2nd in project m. You'll get em next time in singles
HondaFoo- tons of league yet you still got it. I don't even
dmac- you started off so well in pools beating both sinister and Jbm! Stuff happens. Thanks for the advice between matches (even if I was too dumb to always understand it ><)
RFrizzle- You did great man. I love the hunger, you've got so much potential
Leviathan- You've got a great combo game. Thanks for making the drive all the way out here, I loved our friendlies
Tacoom- So much balls to keep sticking with yoshi all these years. Was cool talkin with ya some the night before the tourney
Shinobi- your fox is getting there man! Everyone knows the matchup so it's kinda rough. ggs
King Siegfried- ggs in pools man, your peach has really solid tech
Cookiemonsta- I had tons of fun in our friendlies too. Glad to hear you've decided to go down the hard road and main falcon. Watch lotsa darkrain vids!
Daniel the Seraph- Finally we don't meet in pools. But we didn't get to play at all! Next time
Jturley- you've still got it somehow after that long break. Young link for coolest character
Fishburne- I'm starting to think you should main ness over your falcon as stupid as that sounds lol, I've always seen your ness do surprisingly well
Zeton- we shoulda played in pools! I coulda taught you more stuff about melee, and I know you have the tech skill for it
Bert- This just wasn't your tourney man. Thanks for coming all the way out here, it was good seein ya.
Rpotts- hmm feels weird giving you a shoutout when I just hung out with you last night >< you're right at that threshold of being waaaay better imo, you just gotta learn more of the defensive side of the game
SuperMatt- I watched you play a lot and honestly I thought you played well for your first tourney. You're mad solid vs fast fallers and have great mindgames, you just gotta learn more matchups. Shroomed vids should help
z- our crew's secret weapon! Where would we be without ya. I think you'd destroy the bracket if you entered

shoutouts to everyone who recorded! Bert and shinobi you guys were the ones right? It's often a thankless task so kudos to you two, I appreciate it

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Are you guys uploading all the matches or just requested ones? Just curious.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
My Pools Match with Domo was really good. I would really love for that to be uploaded

EDIT: My
with domo

Dnyce

Smash Master
I like how you capitalized 'pools match'... like it was some legend of zelda ****.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
There was an issue getting the SD cards to Cam; he kinda went to Auburn so Ryker will run the cards to him this week, hopefully.
Then it should be a matter of like a day or two.
Nah, I've gotta get about 2/3rds of the replays uploaded tomorrow afternoon so we can get them recorded, but we've got three set-ups (4, 8, and live stream) already online and we should be seeing them go up.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLABXYNrrhtBcayS8l96FvqhPFfQsrb-sf&feature=edit_ok

Subscribe, like, comment, etc.

People interested in helping get these replays online check this thread out.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=327797

TOs should also check that **** out and we'll help you get replays live.

Shoutouts later, still recovering.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Shoutouts to Lux for hosting the tourney. Great venue.

Jace thanks again for the housing. Finals were alot of fun even though i had to cp you to win.
Z i enjoyed our marvel talk. I really wish it hadn't been so late so i could have seen your spiderman.
Dmac great matches as always. Your very smart.
Rfrizzle congrats on having some good wins this tourney. Keep working on that falcon im sure you climb to the top eventually.
Supermatt i didn't get to play you but keep whooping on rfrizzles falcon/marth with doc. He's scary.
Leviathan your falcon is soo fast and aggressive! There were definetly a couple times i thought i had lost.
Sinister i was very impressed with your performance. Keep your head up man. I know you had a couple lame deaths in our sets, but sometimes thats how smash is.
Shinobi you played very well in teams. I wish we had realized that sinister was planning on that strategy the whole time, but ggs you guys earned it. I thought you had teams for sure.
Strongbad thanks alot for hosting the tourney. Next time let me get singles pools going so the tourney doesn't run 12 hrs long!
Fishburn your first match vs me was amazing. You adapted so much throughout the day i thought you were sandbagging me in our friendlies.

I had alot of fun in all of my bracket matches. I honestly didn't think i would win. I had amazing matches with all the players i played in bracket(you too dmac).

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
shoutouts to intoxicated dubz gfs.

I played B.a.D in singles tho Q_Q

ggs everyone i was to sleepy to stay up at phills apt.

>Have to leave by 9

>finds mjgs dead tl corpse blocking only entrance to bathroom.

MJG

Smash Hero
shoutouts to intoxicated dubz gfs.

I played B.a.D in singles tho Q_Q

ggs everyone i was to sleepy to stay up at phills apt.

>Have to leave by 9

>finds mjgs dead tl corpse blocking only entrance to bathroom.

LMAO @ all of this.

Thanks for hosting this tourney Phil. Good job btw

Shoutouts to the goon squad. Flying all day.

GGs to everyone I played.

Those doubles friendlies with BSL, fino and dakpo were ridiculous lmao. Doubles too fun

Shoutouts to bpow, a good *** teammate for anyone.

Shoutouts to 197 projectiles and 171 projectiles.

Top Bottom