• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get ChuDat to Europe fund!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Alright guyz, im going to look into ticket prices to europe. Give me the location of the airport so that i may see how much it will cost. I will post soon again

Thx for the support everyone ^_^

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Best would be Gothenburg, but you can also fly to Stockholm. I doubt Gothenburg has intercontinental flights...

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Stealing my idea, are you, you *****?

Let's do the Mewtwo moneymatch again :D.

Recommended Swedish airports: ARN (Arlanda) Stockholm. From there, you take a bus to Central Station in Stockholm, I'll go pick you up and we can travel to RoS together or whatever.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Copenhagen (CPH) or Stockholm Arlanda (ARN) are the closest airports, but London Heathrow (LHR)?, Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS) and Paris (CDG) are all doable.
From there, fly into Gothenburg Landvetter (GOT).

TGM

Smash Lord
yall are lucky, you guys will get to see a really good IC that wont WOBBLE......

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
But wobbeling is fun :p
I can do it a little, but real tricks with the IC's I can't really do. I like (and can) the Wavedash Fsmash Wavedash Fsmash =]

Chudat's missing again =[

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
You are writing it down? Cool, I've got myself a fanclub here =]

Maybe you also want to write down that I might be getting better with Falco and I am thinking about using him as main, but due to the lack of experienced players, where I can smash against, I can't confirm =[

And btw, it's my Birthday today, Smashboards has sent me an e-mail in which they congratulated me x3
That's why I am posting here again, lol.

shoe

Smash Ace
wow, I guess getting congratualated by nobody, but someThing, is at least better then not getting congratualated at all ehrr..??

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Yeah it would be better, though I háve friends who congratulate me to. (I may be P2.1, but I got real P2.xx friends)
I found it funny that I got an e-mail from Smashboards wishing me a Happy Birthday. ^^

Thanks for being my shoe again, my feet are very warm ^^

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I think Chu Dat killed himself after reading those horrible posts, and who can blame him!? =/

ChuDat

Smash Master
LOLZ sorry to be gone for so long. But enough procrastination >=)

Here are the details i found from putting in random dates in august ~

To CPH is: $693
To ARN is: $717
To LHR is: $790
To AMS is: $818
And to GOT: $743

What I really need is a good $500 in total from you guyz. If u guyz can promise me that, then i will definitely be able to make it. I can earn the rest of the money from money matchez/tournament winnings.

Someone give me exact dates to fly out and such. Im going to keep looking at prices until my summer semester of school starts. Once i find out my schedule, i will purchase the ticket.

Yuna - <333 Yunaa !! I would love to travel with you. I want you to show me good vietnamese food places, and the Vietnamese culture in your area. Would I be able to stay with you ? <3

Once again, i appreciate the support guyz =)

Luma

Smash Lord
there will be 2 big tournaments with 2 big cash prizes, i dont think u need 500 from money matches just for the flights/etc ^^

ChuDat

Smash Master
I plan to use most of the money i make from the tournament, in europe. Im assuming the cash prize will be in Euro's ? I know i can exchange it for american money, but it will be the only time i go to europe so I'm gonna go all out ^_^.

My first mission IF i win the tournament, is to treat any and all friends that i make in europe, out to dinner after the tournament. ChuDatz Custom =)

PS - im only going to one tournament. Most likely RoS[/color]

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
$500 is a lot, especially when you'll only go to RoS4. There isn't much reason to donate for most Dutchies if you won't visit us. Visiting us will also mean a lot more prize money, so I recommend visiting both RoS4 and AFC4.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chu - Looking at the fares you provided, I'd say flying into GOT would be best, since that's where you wanna go anyway.

RoS is taking place in the first week of July, 3-6th. The dutch tourney has yet to be confirmed, but should be sometime during the week after, meaning it might, and prolly will, collide with FC. I'm not sure whether you're planning on attending FC this year, but holland and FC wouldn't be doable.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Also, Europe looks bad in the US? Since when is it good to look good in a country that looks bad all over the world?
Haha, that's something I could have said myself. I don't really care about their opinion, I care about how they can spice things up here by sending us some of their top players. Foreign top players doing impressive stuff here provide an incentive to improve, as has been demonstrated in the past. We've had some US players here and they lost, so let's see some of their better stuff. =]

Piisuke

Smash Ace
...Like you know him so well >_>
Neither do you and you are collecting money for him. Tell me, what is wrong in this.

Haha, that's something I could have said myself. I don't really care about their opinion, I care about how they can spice things up here by sending us some of their top players. Foreign top players doing impressive stuff here provide an incentive to improve, as has been demonstrated in the past. We've had some US players here and they lost, so let's see some of their better stuff. =]
Americans are too arrogant to go to Europe. Instead of taking effort in competing against people around the world, they expect everyone to come to them.
Only CJ is a smasher that has to the biggest places, but the Americans don't.

Hence I am so surprised many people want to play against them. Peoples such as Ken, Azen, ChuDat and many others earn a lot of money and yet they don't do anything.
It is good if they send some players to compete over here in Europe, but when will that happen?

ChuDat earns money and yet he needs other people to buy him a tickets, which leads to my next question: How much money has been thrown away, I mean collected for Chudat?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Americans are too arrogant to go to Europe. Instead of taking effort in competing against people around the world, they expect everyone to come to them.
Too wrong mangz, Ken's coming to Australia, a place that is only known for having a girl, a Yoshi, an overly c0cky ******* and an average/medicore Peach. It seems like a couple of you guys are bitter and hostile to foreigners coming yourself, so both regions are doing the same thing. It's not a matter of which continent is considered better or worth traveling to for the sole purpose of smash, but a matter of relations.

Oh, and Jeffzor's at least met the CuUUuuute Bolivian before <3 so perhaps he's entitled to speak with some weight

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Piisuke read Chu first post on this thread... ull get ur answeres there.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
You guys should know Chu is serious about getting over to both the Netherlands and Sweden if he can get enough money for the trip. He travelled pretty far down to my area just the other week to play in an average sized tourney. We chatted about the PAL version a bit and it sounded as if he likes it more than the NTSC one. Getting to Europe is definitely something he wants to do. He also hosts bi-weekly smash tournaments at his place, so it's not a question of whether he still likes the game.

Cao is actually Australian himself, just like our own Doug is actually American.;)
I guess I am American once again! However I've already adopted the nickname, "The English Guy" at some of the local pubs.

*Typing this as I sit here in my England football shirt and American CIA pajama bottoms* Hybrid for life.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Ok, that's enough. Piisuke, you've made your point. Luma, just stop arguing.

Everyone has the right to criticize this, but it's not necessary to fill the entire topic with it. The essence still is that Chu Dat is interested in coming here, but needs money for that. From what I've understood he's serious about it and really doesn't have the money for it.

So, who actually wants to donate and/or money match Chu Dat to help him get enough money? Speak up so Jeffz0r can note it down.

Jeffz0r, take some responsibility and ask Chu whether he needs the entire trip covered before going (it's hughly unlikely that'll work out) or that some small funding and pretty much guaranteed prize money from tournaments and money matches are enough. How much is he willing/able to pay himself? You can reach him on AIM if you wait long enough. A PM here should also do the trick. Making the topic means you're in charge.

Amsah, now would be a good time to actually use your mod powers to delete any more offtopic arguments.

<3

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer

I leave you guys alone for a couple of days and look what happens v_v

Piisuke, if you don't agree with whats going in in this thread thats fine, leave.
You chose not to donate to Chu, thats YOUR DECISION.
Some people choose to donate to Chu, thats THEIR DECISION.
People who donate arn't asking you why you're not donating are they?
They arn't writing essay's on how they don't like the fact that some people arn't donating to Chu are they?
I'm sure they're not.
Know why?
Because what you do has nothing to do with them and they respect your decision, its time you learned to do the same.

Piisuke said:
How many Americans have you met?
You're awfully sure about them being arrogant and all...
Also, its not like the europeans are making any effort to go to America...
America is definitely the more competitive continent, so it would make more sense if we go to them not the other way around.
Besides, Oro & Bach came to europe twice.

Also, it seems you've been trying to justify your posts and comments with the freedom of speech but even if by law you're allowed to say what ever you want you should be able to read the situation and decide whether or not its smart to express what you're thinking.
Because sometimes, speaking your mind comes back to bite you in the butt :)
All you've managed to do with your little rant is showing people what a fool you truly are.

Now anyone going off-topic like this again will get his/her post deleted immediately and will receive a warning for spam.

Now get back on topic.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
I just talked to ChuDat and he will not be coming. He's now got his school schedule and he still has school in the week of RoS4.
Besides, the mm list wouldn't get him enough money to pay for the trip. And he still has to save a lot of money to pay for school aswell, which is hard enough.

So Amsah, or any other mod, please close this thread, it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom