• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

German Power Ranking -- October 2012 --

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
This list was created by the Brawl Back Room of the German Smash Boards (http://forum.germansmash.de)

Germany, Austria (new) and Luxembourg are included.

Power Ranking October 2012
1. cyve -
(0)
2. quiKsilver -
(-1)
3. BluB -
(+1)
4. Tay -
(+2)
5. Purple~H -
(0)
6. Eddy -
(+2)
7. Desti -
(+3)
8. (S!C) -
(new)
9. Draqo -
(new)
10. Akuma -
(-3)

HM:
Luigi_player -

reaper -

RU:
crow -

Light -

Serudos -

Snopy -

-----

Tournaments:
- [***] Abensberger Smash Spektakulär
- [BiB:3S] Brawl in Berlin: 3rd Strike
- AGON - Herbst

Smashfests:
- [xWSF] Wuffi SF #3
- [CC] Catus Carnival
- [JD1] Jo Digga #1
- [SRT:AP] SRT - Aftershow Party
- [STS] Smash The System
- [FS] Franken Smash
- [WSF4] Wuffi SF4

Foreign tournaments:
- [GB] Gorillaz Battle
- [BBI2] Bushido Brawl Impact 2

-----

Panelist:
AkumaCrifercyveDraqoGhebLuigi_playerNeKPurple~HquiKsilverSlaySnopyYikarur

-----

Power Ranking May 2012: http://forum.germansmash.de/showthread.php?18624-GSB-BBR-Power-Ranking-Mai-2012
Power Ranking September 2011: http://forum.germansmash.de/showthre...September-2011
Power Ranking April 2011: http://forum.germansmash.de/showthre...ing-April-2011
Power Ranking October 2010: http://forum.germansmash.de/showthre...g-Oktober-2010

-----

GSB Thread: http://forum.germansmash.de/showthread.php?19550-GSB-BBR-Power-Ranking-October-2012

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
How can Quik not be number 1 after his showing at SRT? >_>

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Why would it not be taken into account?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
quiK isnt #1 because he failed multiple times against weaker oppenants in german tournaments, has a 0:4 record vs cyve, and overall placed worsed than cyve, who had nearly no bad lose, and never placed bad at all.

And SRT was included in our discussions, but it just wasnt added, for the simple reason, of not being able to really know how to handle the result.

We cant compare quiKs SRT Results to other people's results, because the people quiK won against, NEVER played against other german people. We actually dont really know, if other germans would've placed the same/better/worse. There is just no way to start a comparison. Its still a good result of course.

And we sure did keep the tournament result in the back of our heads when discussing quiK vs cyve, but there were just too many "bad loses" (And Results too) on quiKs side, to justify the solo #1. quiK himself agrees to that too, even though he would've prefered a split #1 between him and cyve, which we tried to avoid, and in the end, we mostly agreed that cyve fits better as #1 currently.

Luigi player

Smash Master
You're acting like cyve couldn't have made it that far in SRT... :p (I'm not saying he would for sure, but it's more likely than not, and it's not like you beat all the best players there or something...)

"bad" losses are definitely more important than beating the best, or else Desti would be top 3.

clowsui

Smash Legend
What in the world @ counting bad losses more than your wins

NO NO NO NO NO

You use losses as a tiebreaker. If Desti has the wins on par w Cyve/Quik then you put him in top 3 but rank him the lowest. If his wins are not comparable to those 3 then you find people who his wins are equal to and use the losses to break the tie.

I mean if quik agreed then it's w/e but that just seems strange

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Consistency is a huge part of being on top though. I don't have access to all the information here, but if only Quik went to Japan it's hard to compare his results against people who weren't there. His 9th place would still be a nod in his favour, but if he drops random sets and loses to Cyve when it matters, it makes sense for him not to be first or *maybe* share first place.

Luigi player

Smash Master
What in the world @ counting bad losses more than your wins

NO NO NO NO NO

You use losses as a tiebreaker. If Desti has the wins on par w Cyve/Quik then you put him in top 3 but rank him the lowest. If his wins are not comparable to those 3 then you find people who his wins are equal to and use the losses to break the tie.

I mean if quik agreed then it's w/e but that just seems strange
wat

if someone sometimes beats really good people but never gets top placings you'd still put him on top?

This is a little different for quik though. He has some losses, but almost all the time still makes it to the top :p it was kinda close between cyve and quik, but cyve having the advantage against him was one of the most deciding factors, since they're like 4:0 or something in sets...

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
You're acting like cyve couldn't have made it that far in SRT... :p (I'm not saying he would for sure, but it's more likely than not, and it's not like you beat all the best players there or something...)
totally out of context.
and ofc i didn't beat the very best, because of that i got 9, but i also didn't lose to the ppl worse than 9.

"bad" losses are definitely more important than beating the best, or else Desti would be top 3.
it's not like i failed in tournaments. there were that 2 failed smashfests in 9months and that unimportant pool lose, what were used all the time against me lmao.
stupid, especially when the most important tournament i ever was isn't even envolved in the ranking.

that was all i wanted to say.

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
haha lp xD If you look it that way, it could be true 8D Afterall, i beat Glutonny, who beat Quik and Cyve, hooo yeah, like in boxing xD :D

nah just kidding :p i'm glad with my ranking, and of course i want to placed 5th for the next PR. It's my new goal :)

Top Bottom