• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

TrevyTrev

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrevyTrev510
Bump. Anyone here go to Georgia State, Georgia Tech, Emory or live anywhere near the downtown Atlanta area? Moved here for school and looking for some local smashers.

TJTheRager

Smash Rookie
NNID
tjtherager
Anybody in northeast atlanta suburbs like around alpharetta or *******?
That'd be me. Recently moved to the Sandy Springs area, but I lived in Alpharetta since 2010 :] I also work in that area so I'm definitely no stranger. NNID: tjtherager

BraveBird

Smash Rookie
NNID
icefox337
yo, anybody here near Savannah that wants to help make a smash 4 scene? seems like there's NOTHING here, it'd be great if we could make stuff happen

flique

Smash Rookie
Anyone that lives near Smyrna with a GameCube set that my friends and me can train on?

'V'

Smash Lord

TwistedN

Smash Rookie
NNID
TwistedN
Anyone near the Marietta, Powder Springs area? I need to get back to playing.
I'd love to establish a scene here as well so if someone can help me with that it would be very appreciated.

Last edited:

Garlic

Smash Rookie
Just moved to the Alpharetta/John's Creek area recently, looking to see if there are any Melee players/events nearby?

necroTaxonomist

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm gonna be moving into my dorm at Georgia Tech pretty soon, and I was wondering if there's any Melee players here on the Boards who also go there!

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
If anybody is looking for action, Donut Dub 1 is being held in early October. We're expecting a big crowd, so come out!!

We're also running a free crew battle bracket, so bring three friends for intense 4v4 action.

https://smash.gg/tournament/donut-dub-i/details

Please register through smash.gg. You can also RSVP, participate in our rivalry registration, and keep up with updates through our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/271707019880831/

We're looking to secure a $250 pot prize and secure other prizes for our participants!

ozeo

Smash Rookie
From the Brunswick, GA area attending Coastal College of GA but willing to drive to Jville or Savannah if it means good melee experience. Needing to learn off players who are better than me

Let me know if you are near... hoping to get a weekly thing going

CopPER919

Smash Rookie
Are there any smash 4 tournaments closer to middle Georgia coming up? Smash tournaments are pretty dry in Georgia (at least on the Atlantic South Tournament Listing board) at the moment.

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
Hey, guys!! Louisiana is hosting a big tournament called the South Louisiana Major (SLAM 2017) on April 1st (not an April Fool's joke) and we want you guys to come out and play. We have both Melee and Smash 4 here both with a $200 and $300 Pot Bonus respectively. We also have pot bonuses for other games such as SFV and KoFXIV totaling to about $2,000 so far (there will be more to come). We have a good hotel with good space and good food in the area as well. There are also a good number of players that will offer up possible housing. Let us know if you're interested!! Hope to see y'all there!!

Smashboards thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/apr...7-2-000-in-pot-bonuses-baton-rouge-la.444811/

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/178...09509/?notif_t=like&notif_id=1484336989315425

Smash.gg registration: https://smash.gg/tournament/south-louisiana-major-2017-slam-2017/details

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue

Smash.gg
Smashboards
Facebook Link

Welcome to Donut Dub 4, the first entry in the Kennis Six Championship Series and the finale to our signature Donut Dub series from 2016!

Featuring Smash 4 and Melee, Donut Dub returns as the ultimate Kennis Six event, with our crew battle bracket... Championship Edition! We're throwing a $100 winner-take-all pot prize for BOTH Smash 4 and Melee crews.

Is your crew the best? Are you? The Kennis Six Championship Series begins!

DATE AND LOCATION:
Date: April 22, 2017
Location: Winthrop University, DiGorgio Campus Center--2020 Alumni Dr, Rock Hill, SC 29733, USA

HOTEL:
The Inn At Winthrop is a hotel & lodge right on the campus of Winthrop University... not too far from the venue location! Only $89 a night. Please let us know at least a week in advance if you will be using these facilities so we may confirm your reservations!

https://www.winthrop.edu/inn/

EVENTS:
- Smash 4 Singles
- Smash 4 Doubles
- Smash 4 Crews
- Melee Singles
- Melee Doubles
- Melee Crews

- Online payment and pre-registration is mandatory. Emergency late registration will be penalized by and additional fee. Seeding will not be prioritized for late registrees.
- Payment done via https://smash.gg/tournament/donut-dub-4
- Pre-registration closes April 20th, 2017

PRICES:
Pre-Registration: $10
Late/At Door Registration: $15
Smash 4 and Melee Singles: $10
Smash 4 and Melee Doubles: $6 ($3 per person)
Smash 4 and Melee Crews $1

POT DISTRIBUTION:
Smash 4 and Melee Singles:
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 12%
4th - 7%
5th - 2%
5th - 2%
7th - 1%
7th - 1%

Smash 4 and Melee Doubles:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Smash 4 and Melee Crews:
$100 winner-take-all

SCHEDULE:
TBD

STREAM:
TBD
TBD

Follow The Kennis Six on Facebook and mark yourself as "going" or "interested" the Donut Dub 4 Facebook event page (linked above) for updates regarding the event and the rest of the Kennis Six Championship Series!​

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
This is dead, yes. I recommend joining the Georgia Melee Facebook page if you haven't already.

There's also a Georgia Melee Discord. Here's a link.

https://discordapp.com/invite/0rJ1m1rGxsI6S7Mn

There are people who play in Macon so you should be good. If you play smash 4, I'm not your guy. But there would also be a group on facebook and probably a discord.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Hello Everyone!

Hope everyone is ready for Smash Ultimate! While we all wait be sure to know that there are still tournaments and events EVERY week all over GA.

• Raven's Nest in Marietta
  • Smashcode in Duluth
  • Gwinnett Brawl in Duluth
  • Smash ATL in Atlanta
  • Gamers Xperience in Lithonia
  • Breakout Fridays in Fayetteville
  • Georgia Tech in Atlanta
  • Portal in Savannah
May be more that I did not list, but as you can see this is what does happen weekly. Want to know what is coming up? Please, just ask. Let get this last bit of practice and fun out of Smash 4 and have some great momentum leading up to Smash Ultimate.

SSb64champ

Smash Cadet
Is Tipped Off ever gonna happen again and can you guys add smash 64? There's plenty of local smash 64 players who would show up at least 20 and even out of state players would be interested in coming.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
It's never happening again. The last Tipped Off put the head TO deeply in debt.

I know there are significant 64 weeklies every Thursday right? It's good the community is growing. If 64 players want to come to fight night, that'd be pretty cool. That's where I'm at usually. I know many of the good 64 players are in Athens though.

Top Bottom