• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
I'm from Peachtree City also and would like to know the same thing
The closest thing hosted on a regular basis near you is UDLR tournaments in Morrow. They host Smash
tournaments weekly on Sunday nights and sometimes Monday nights.

Also there are tournaments weekly on Tuesday nights in McDonough hosted by GamerMingle.

S.P.A.D.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lavama
I'd assume the Gwinnet Brawl would be one of the closest things for Rome then? Northwest corner of Georgia, almost on the Alabama line.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
This is in Augusta, GA. But anyone in Aiken, North Augusta, or just willing to travel can come. Every Saturday night we have weeklies!

http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-28-2015-smash-bros-saturday-night-fights-augusta-ga.387076/
Is this for Level Up? Y'all still having Smash 4 tournaments? We attended the Smash BBQ and had a GREAT, GREAT time, but the Facebook page made it sound like you guys weren't interested in any more Smash for the rest of the year. I was hoping there would be an event in early September or late August for Back to School...

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Is this for Level Up? Y'all still having Smash 4 tournaments? We attended the Smash BBQ and had a GREAT, GREAT time, but the Facebook page made it sound like you guys weren't interested in any more Smash for the rest of the year. I was hoping there would be an event in early September or late August for Back to School...
Not to worry friend. Level Up Smash tournaments are over, but we have found a new venue. Every other Wednesday, we do Smash Wii U tournaments!

http://smashboards.com/threads/jul-...es-in-augusta-singles-and-martinez-ga.409491/

TrevyTrev

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrevyTrev510
Anything go on near or around downtown Atlanta? I'll be headed back for school and looking to get into the smash scene there.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Anything go on near or around downtown Atlanta? I'll be headed back for school and looking to get into the smash scene there.
Ok here is the rundown... For the most part there are 2-3 tournaments all around Atlanta weekly.
If someone ask if there is something going on just copy and paste this response. Hopefully this will help.

Sunday: Smash 4 hosted by UDLR in Morrow (Singles/Doubles)
Monday: Melee / Project M hosted by UDLR in Morrow (Singles/Doubles)
Tuesday: Smash 4 hosted by Gamer Mingle in McDonough (rotating Singles/Doubles)
Wednesday: Smash 4 hosted by Gamers Xperience in Lithonia (Singles)
Thursday: Smash 4 / Melee hosted by local players in Kennesaw (Singles/Doubles)
Friday: Smash 4 hosted by Gamers Xperience in Lithonia (Singles). Also Smash 4 / Melee / Project M hosted by Atl Scraps in Atlanta/Gwinnett (Singles/Doubles)
Saturday: Smash 4 hosted by Gwinnett Brawl in Duluth (Singles). Also Smash 4 / Melee / Project M hosted by RWM in Byron (Singles/Doubles). Additional Smash 4 hosted by Gamer Mingle in McDonough (Singles/Doubles).

There are other regular tournaments that are going on and/or forming. For the others I may have missed, I apologize.

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I'll follow your Facebook page. Hopefully your weeklies go into August. Guys have any pre-plans for another Smash BBQ or anything for the back to school season?
I don't know if CCG has anything like that planned. The owner of CCG thought about doing a regional, but nothing else has been said yet. We plan on running these for a good while. The Level Up ones didn't last through May, sadly.

SmokeOut

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2406-5837-9935
I live in McDonough and am looking to get into the scene and get more experience. Where are the Tuesday weeklies held at?

SmokeOut

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2406-5837-9935
I was at DaVinci's Pizza Tuesday night, it seems they mainly only do Smash4 tourneys and I'm more into Project M/Melee. Does anyone know the closest place to Mcdonough that plays these games?

SmokeOut

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2406-5837-9935
Yea that's cool, but I don't know any place close to where I'm at that plays it. The only place I know that's close plays smash4. I found a place in morrow that plays pm and melee, but that's about 40 min from where I'm at. I was hoping to find some place closer.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I was at DaVinci's Pizza Tuesday night, it seems they mainly only do Smash4 tourneys and I'm more into Project M/Melee. Does anyone know the closest place to Mcdonough that plays these games?
I'm a Smash 4 guy. In Augusta, we rotate for bi-weekiles (Smash 4 one week, PM/Melee the next).

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
That tells me you didn't talk to many people when you went to DaVinci's lol. There are bi-weekly tournaments/gatherings for Melee and PM on Sundays at a place in Morrow, minutes away from Davinci's. There is actually a tournament this Sunday for both games.

La Consentida3
2423 Lake Harbin Rd # STE-E, Morrow, Georgia 30260
Signups/Friendlies start at 5pm

SmokeOut

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2406-5837-9935
That tells me you didn't talk to many people when you went to DaVinci's lol. There are bi-weekly tournaments/gatherings for Melee and PM on Sundays at a place in Morrow, minutes away from Davinci's. There is actually a tournament this Sunday for both games.

La Consentida3
2423 Lake Harbin Rd # STE-E, Morrow, Georgia 30260
Signups/Friendlies start at 5pm
Well I asked them on their website because the guys I talked to either said they didn't know or said it might be saturday. So I posted on their Facebook page (you can go see for yourself my name is Kane Kelly) asking when PM and melee would be held and they said they rarely do it, like once a month, because it isn't as popular and they mainly do smash4. I knew about the place in morrow beforehand, I was just trying to find a place close. It takes me 20min to get to Davinci's and it takes me close to an hour to get to morrow.

Last edited:

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Well I asked them on their website because the guys I talked to either said they didn't know or said it might be saturday. So I posted on their Facebook page (you can go see for yourself my name is Kane Kelly) asking when PM and melee would be held and they said they rarely do it, like once a month, because it isn't as popular and they mainly do smash4. I knew about the place in morrow beforehand, I was just trying to find a place close. It takes me 20min to get to Davinci's and it takes me close to an hour to get to morrow.
Gamer Mingle don't host it....its another group. Sadly, some just don't share other events around the community. I'm sorry, that was my mistake for not adding that it was another group that hosted it. The group is called UDLR that host it in Morrow. There isn't anything else closer than that from my current knowledge.
Either way, here is the link to UDLR Facebook page.

Nymphbits

Smash Rookie
Hiya! I play smash4. Decided to wander here to smashboards GA for the first time. Already a member of the FB groups.

Uh. So it seems like most of the smashfest and tourneys are like, 45 minutes south and east of the city... despite most of the smash4 scene actually being located north of Atlanta. Around the Kennesaw area. Am I missing something here? Or is there just nothing around? Why isn't battle n' brew utilized?

Sixfortyfive

Smash Journeyman
Hiya! I play smash4. Decided to wander here to smashboards GA for the first time. Already a member of the FB groups.

Uh. So it seems like most of the smashfest and tourneys are like, 45 minutes south and east of the city... despite most of the smash4 scene actually being located north of Atlanta. Around the Kennesaw area. Am I missing something here? Or is there just nothing around? Why isn't battle n' brew utilized?
I think Cool Hands goes down in that area but I'm not certain.

Battle & Brew used to be the main venue for traditional FGC games a few years back, but then they relocated. They only recently started running FG events again, but now it seems like the various scenes coalesced around other events and BnB no longer have a niche to fill. Or at least that's my assumption.

Sp00kybee

Smash Rookie
NNID
sp00kybee
Anyone in Savannah up for some melee/PM? like either downtown savannah or the other savannah

Sp00kybee

Smash Rookie
NNID
sp00kybee
There is a tourney in savannah soon in October, is there anyone willing to let me crash at their place for the tourney and practice with? It's like downtown savannah I think?

Top Bottom