• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Wiggins

Smash Ace
It's not all that bad... Depending on where you're coming from.

I just used the default city I could think of from Georgia(Atlanta) and checked to see how far Baton Rouge was.

8 hours and 26 minutes isn't too terribly bad. But it's an understandable reason for not wanting to go. :p

We're not trying to badger you guys. Just trying to get a response and throw it out there for anyone who is actually interested, is all. Sorry guys and gals. :[

Umby

Smash Master
Well, it's not like we don't care (in general), it's just when you ask who's interested, then obviously only people who are interested are going to respond. Unless you want the lame response like "I'm interested...I just can't go for (insert reason)" from several different people.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Right right. It's all good.

Well, IF anyone is interested and wants to attend. There's a link somewhere around here. If not, then no biggie. Maybe next time, eh?

:D

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
It's not all that bad... Depending on where you're coming from.

I just used the default city I could think of from Georgia(Atlanta) and checked to see how far Baton Rouge was.

8 hours and 26 minutes isn't too terribly bad. But it's an understandable reason for not wanting to go. :p

We're not trying to badger you guys. Just trying to get a response and throw it out there for anyone who is actually interested, is all. Sorry guys and gals. :[
it's not that bad i mean come on LA's never been to a georgia tournament it's not that bad you guys make the drive to our state come on

:dazwa:

I really wouldn't mind going to ATL revival AS LONG AS WE HAVE A GOOD AMOUNT OF PEOPLE GOING AND THOSE PPL BRINGING SET UPS
in before no one shows up

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
...wait isn't that what i just said?

:048:

EDIT: Anyone going to AWA this year? If there's nothing to do there I probably am not going. Yes I am looking for something to do.
This guy right here is going. Reflex too o:

Umby...what is that in your sig? It's got me oddly curious

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I am going to AWA because I need to find a girlfriend. Lol jk. I'm going because I want to see all the cool shops and costumes, plus I get in for free because I placed top 3 in teams/singles last AWA. So hopefully I'll see everyone there.

As for ATL Revival... I think I'll go. Since there seems to be some interest. I'm going to throw up my post now and say COME EVERYONE... I will be bringing myself and probably P-1 and maybe Hichez/P-3/P-2. Hopefully Dyno/Chas can come, along with Hero and the others. I need the practice for my Sheik. I will be bringing a full setup, both TV and Wii.

Also, I wouldn't mind going to the Louisiana tournament but I don't really want to spend the money. I might consider it though if we can get a car together.

@allshort - ATL Revival is this Saturday. Here is the post for everyone... http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=145867358821051

Scatz

Smash Champion
I'll think about going to ATL Revival if I'm not working long. I heavily doubt it though.

Turazrok

Smash Master
it's not that bad i mean come on LA's never been to a georgia tournament it's not that bad you guys make the drive to our state come on
To be fair most of the LA Brawl scene is <21 so.. I mean melee guys are older but that's totally different.

I mean what do you expect from kids who can't drive but want a smash scene?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
To be fair most of the LA Brawl scene is <21 so.. I mean melee guys are older but that's totally different.

I mean what do you expect from kids who can't drive but want a smash scene?
yeah all of GA is over 21 every single one

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I am going to AWA because I need to find a girlfriend. Lol jk. I'm going because I want to see all the cool shops and costumes, plus I get in for free because I placed top 3 in teams/singles last AWA. So hopefully I'll see everyone there.

As for ATL Revival... I think I'll go. Since there seems to be some interest. I'm going to throw up my post now and say COME EVERYONE... I will be bringing myself and probably P-1 and maybe Hichez/P-3/P-2. Hopefully Dyno/Chas can come, along with Hero and the others. I need the practice for my Sheik. I will be bringing a full setup, both TV and Wii.

Also, I wouldn't mind going to the Louisiana tournament but I don't really want to spend the money. I might consider it though if we can get a car together.

@allshort - ATL Revival is this Saturday. Here is the post for everyone... http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=145867358821051

Idk about you Mic but I am definitely going to AWA for those weebo chicks :101:

My first tournament was an ATL Revival/Impact Clash tournament and we only had 2 or 3 tvs for brawl and when we were doing grand finals they turned out the lights and tried to make us watch top 10 for tekken 6.

I'm interested in going this saturday, if I do show up I'll bring a setup but its all up in the air for me right now.

Edit: Micaelis clearly picking up sheik because of Earth at Genesis.

Player-1

Smash Legend
chez can't make i cuz he's going to Canada, IDK when he's going back, but I doubt he'd go to a different country just for 4 days then come back

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I am going to AWA because I need to find a girlfriend. Lol jk.

Derp. If I don't pick up some colorguard girl like I usually do during Drumline, this interest me LOL. Are they actually cute yo?

chez can't make i cuz he's going to Canada, IDK when he's going back, but I doubt he'd go to a different country just for 4 days then come back
What is this?

I'm NOT going to ATL **** Smash. If it goes well this saturday maybe I'll go to one.

Also we need a GA youtube account. So anything GA related, Tournies, Smashfest, MMs, goes down we can have it all saved on one channel, people who record vids, like me, Scatz, P-1, etc. can all access it and it will make uploading faster if we have more than one person doing it.

HeroChima

Smash Apprentice
Persona 4 - PS2
So good.

When is AWA?

And as for Revival, I think I'll go too.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
So good.

When is AWA?

And as for Revival, I think I'll go too.
Yay, good to see you at ATL Revival. AWA is from Sept 30 - Oct 2. Additional information is found at http://www.awa-con.com/

@Iblis - Yeah, I'm not a big fan of them either. They don't care much about the Brawl scene and only really try because it costs them barely any extra effort and they get some extra cash. But the thing is, we have limited venues right now. I'd love to say let's all meet up elsewhere but there isn't anywhere else except GX and they'll be at ATL Revival so meh. I just want to play and don't care how.

EDIT:

Oh and yeah, some of the girls at AWA are pretty cute. But I mean... don't go expecting the hottest girls around. But some of them are super cute especially in the costumes. Some maybe only BECAUSE of the costumes, lol. But I would assume that a lot of them have decent personalities and share a common interest if you like anime (a lot of them like video games too) so maybe you should give them a chance even if they're not a supermodel :)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
If you want, Iblis, I can make one right now.
Word, go ahead homie.

Yay, good to see you at ATL Revival. AWA is from Sept 30 - Oct 2. Additional information is found at http://www.awa-con.com/

@Iblis - Yeah, I'm not a big fan of them either. They don't care much about the Brawl scene and only really try because it costs them barely any extra effort and they get some extra cash. But the thing is, we have limited venues right now. I'd love to say let's all meet up elsewhere but there isn't anywhere else except GX and they'll be at ATL Revival so meh. I just want to play and don't care how.

EDIT:

Oh and yeah, some of the girls at AWA are pretty cute. But I mean... don't go expecting the hottest girls around. But some of them are super cute especially in the costumes. Some maybe only BECAUSE of the costumes, lol. But I would assume that a lot of them have decent personalities and share a common interest if you like anime (a lot of them like video games too) so maybe you should give them a chance even if they're not a supermodel :)
I'm still not going because I can't make it now :-/

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, time to hit the gym again. I'm hitting up AWA with you guys. No colorguard girls this year I guess. Last colorguard girlfriend I had was a ***** anyways LOL

Player-1

Smash Legend
http://www.youtube.com/user/GeorgiaSALT?feature=mhee

I'll give the password to anyone who wants it and uploads videos, just PM me. For clarification, this isn't like your own personal channel so don't go around favoriting random videos and uploading random stuff on it. Anything related to smash is welcome to go up here, tournaments, friendlies, MMs, tutorials, combo videos, short clips of ppl getting ***** or something, all fine.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Oh also, if anyone wants to do some background stuff on the channel or write something up for the description or w.e then feel free to, I'm not that great at that stuff >.>

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You mean meeting the rare and elusive VietGeek who only gets out of his home and interacts with society once in a turquoise moon. :v

There's gonna be AH3 or whatever there. Brawl is an obvious. Let's play some games in the former? Maybe?

If I can find a ride I'll be going for Melty Blood.

Funny how in the end I go to an Anime con to be in a stuffy room for video games. *shrug*

Scatz

Smash Champion
Done editing the place. I'm using Cosmic Panda, so everything is different from what other normal people see. If anyone can make a good avatar and/or background for the page, I'll add it to the youtube page.

Top Bottom