• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

DRN

Smash Lord
Doom on V1nnie's account

Yeah guys, mad stupid that Doom beat somebody since he mains MK and that's clearly the only reason it happened. :(
Lol no one said anything about mk ;o. And we're only saying its stupid because Lounis lost early on in winners not because of his loss to you.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Doom on V1nnie's account

Yeah guys, mad stupid that Doom beat somebody since he mains MK and that's clearly the only reason it happened. :(
Lol no one said anything about mk ;o. And we're only saying its stupid because Lounis lost early on in winners not because of his loss to you.

I'm only saying it's stupid because MLG's little thingy made it seem like doom had lost lol. I really wish lounis won, I was so excited to hear about it and then boom it's not true. But not because you're MK xD. @ least he lost to a good Mk ya know?

DRN

Smash Lord
Lounis just lost to smurf and michael lost to smashgod a little while ago.
Soo Lounis is out but i believe michael is still in losers :/

milesg2g

Smash Champion
This is why I want a job, I want to travel w/ you GA guys to rep GA as much as I can :<

But I can't get hired been looking all over the place.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
from this site?

are you serious?

I've been looking since you and dyno suggested just how the hell are you getting hired? lol

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
This is why I want a job, I want to travel w/ you GA guys to rep GA as much as I can :<

But I can't get hired been looking all over the place.
Have you tried a local temp agency? I went there and once the position is open(which I was told will be in a few days), I'll be working with Sony doing packaging for $9/hr

:nifty:

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Completely off topic, but are there any competitive lucarios in GA besides (kind of) Rayku?

well and Saltix but i mean he doenst really play anymore. Who else is there?

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
Well, basically, you fill out an application for the temp agency and that puts you available to work at multiple places (basically whichever company has open positions) or you apply for one of the companies that deals with the temp agency (in my case, Sony).

They really can't turn you down unless you fail the drug screening (which I doubt) and even if you don't get hired on by a company right away, you are eligible to work for any of the companies dealing with the temp.

You can also score full time/ part time permanent jobs with these companies provided you work hard enough, otherwise you'll get either short term or long term temp, which is basically seasonal work. Even if it's the latter and the company lays you off, you just have to report back to the temp agency and they can put you back to work or call you when a company has an open position.

So yeah, pretty cool imo.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Well, basically, you fill out an application for the temp agency and that puts you available to work at multiple places (basically whichever company has open positions) or you apply for one of the companies that deals with the temp agency (in my case, Sony).

They really can't turn you down unless you fail the drug screening (which I doubt) and even if you don't get hired on by a company right away, you are eligible to work for any of the companies dealing with the temp.

You can also score full time/ part time permanent jobs with these companies provided you work hard enough, otherwise you'll get either short term or long term temp, which is basically seasonal work. Even if it's the latter and the company lays you off, you just have to report back to the temp agency and they can put you back to work or call you when a company has an open position.

So yeah, pretty cool imo.

Where do I sign up!?

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
Just search your area for a local temp agency. They may go by different names. For instance, the temp agency near me is called Employment Plus. Idk if there are any other ones or what they're called but they are everywhere.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
-this is lou.

don't be mad at my opponents cuz they used mk, be mad at me for coming to the realization that in order for me to advance in brackets i need an mk. Losing twice to mk made me finally wake up and realize to compete more with mk. our region has no mks to really play with.

It's me that's dumb for realizing this so late in the metagame.

On that note i've been playing mk all weekend and im already doing better with him lol

milesg2g

Smash Champion
But I don't think that's what anyone was saying Lounis. I said "that's dumb" but not because he used Mk. It was because the MLG thingy said you won and I was out here happy and braggin lol and you actually lost. So I thought that was dumb. I don't think any1 even mentioned MK, but Doom got on vinnie's account mad defensive. lol

D

Deleted member

I'm sad that Lounis didn't make it farther. :c

Also, don't go and main MK. You are Luigi.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I see lounis....

so you're finally coming to the realization that biglou is too broken for competitive play and you want to balance the metagame out by choosing MK, good stuff.

DRN

Smash Lord
Lounis pick up mk so u can lose to me again <3. Seriously stick to the character u love the most and continue to just enjoy the game. I actually dont see our region lacking in mk practice. I love vsing oos mks and do just fine because of michael practice. The only reason i lose is because of doing dumb **** like when i was vsing kadaj(chasing mk and counterpicking brinstar lol). The only mk i've actually been ***** by is m2k and thats cause.....well.....hes better?

Purple

Hi guys!
Stop being little *****es guys..

On the real, Lounis. If you want to further your results on a high level you need to learn MK; plain and simple. Luigi will not get you as far as you wish he would.

DRN

Smash Lord
Stop being little *****es guys..

On the real, Lounis. If you want to further your results on a high level you need to learn MK; plain and simple. Luigi will not get you as far as you wish he would.
LOL im telling lounis to have fun when he plays instead of just playing to win(though mk is super fun <3). I mean if he picks up mk i really dont think hes gonna do as well as u'd think. I mean Lounis is an amazing player but his mks style isnt as gay as it needs to be. If he was gonna work on any character it should be his snake/falco. They could both be amazing if he put more time into them. Buuuuut im not him so he can do whatever he wants and i hope he does amazing in future tourneys w/ whoever he sticks with.

kismet2

Smash Ace
lounis stop crying =P you're going to pick up mk because you don't want to lose but then drop him because he doesn't make the game fun for you like luigi does. you've done this before XD

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It'll be good for his tournament performance. If he stays in the tournament longer, he'll have more opportunities to use Luigi.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
*snaps fingers*

I KNEW I wrote luigi!
It's the phenomenon where if a post is edited within around one minute of its posting, it doesn't show that it was edited at all.

I made sure to edit it again to show it, heh. Ah, well.

Meta Knight vs. Luigi -is- terrible, though, even among the "vs. Meta Knight" matchups.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
It'll be good for his tournament performance. If he stays in the tournament longer, he'll have more opportunities to use Luigi.

This is what I was thinking w/ Ness. I thought "MK will help me get to the matches where my Ness can shine" But even after that and before I picked up MK, I thought to myself. "I wanna be looked @ as a good player not a good character" So since then, I've considered to use whoever I must to win. And I'm not ashamed to say that because I have fun while I'm @ a tourney, so I figure I'll have more fun while I'm still involved in brackets.

As for Lounis, I remember my first time using MK was on Flea because he lost to Mic in both winners and losers. And he wanted help w/ the MU. I felt bad when I could only say "Naw I don't use that character" So I learned him over that 2 month break I was on. Then I stopped and looked our PR has no MK's and I got tired of people saying our state was *** and/or not good, so I thought if I can perfect my MK GA will have 2 good MK's and it'll help us as far as out of state MU's go.

Call me a scrub but I just wanna help our region as much as possible

Top Bottom