• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia/Alabama Merged Brawl Power Rankings (Updated 9/17/2013)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Do you guys really have enough active players for a tier list? I don't think you do. It worked for TX, but that's TX with a TX-sized scene. AL/GA could have had that, but at this point the only person even hosting consistent tournaments is Player-1. He's the hardest working man in the scene, and he deserves everyone's appreciation.

Frankly, the AL TOs need to step up their game. Sure, M3t hosted a tournament in Mobile in June and Blue hosted AUSOM back in May. However, no one has looked ahead to make sure the scene stays active every month except for Player-1. Say what you will about Alabama Smash League when I was overseeing it, but I was always on TO's ***es to plan tournaments ahead of time and give the AL/GA scene a good spread of events each season. Unfortunately, HASL and Smiths Station, two great tournament series, are now pretty much gone. Iron Brawl has been gone for awhile. It saddens me to see them go because I started HASL and I helped to start the other two.

I did quit the scene, and I did it for a good reason. I'm going to have my hands full in the fall at Georgia State with three graduate classes, two teaching assignments, and nine research hours with the chair. But don't think for a second that I haven't been paying attention to you guys. I especially want to see HASL happen again! You guys have a free venue; someone from Huntsville's active Smash scene just needs to step up and book it. Heck, you could couple it with ChargerCon permanently. What could be easier? As for other tournaments, I highly suggest you all get behind these new Birmingham events. 30 people are confirmed to go on the Facebook event. The competitive players seem hesitant though as many of them are listed as "Maybe" or even just "Invited." Birmingham is in a great location for everyone and is worth the investment of the competitive scene's time, especially if so many people are already going.

I didn't intend for this to turn into a wag of my finger, but alas, it did. I just don't want to see good tournament series abandoned because no one is willing to take the time out of their day to book a venue.

The gauntlet has been thrown. Impress me, Alabama.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's worth noting that the Birmingham event has 30+ people because it is primarily related to traditional fighting games (and MANY of them). Marvel, Street Fighter, KoF, Injustice, Tekken...People are excited because the biggest annual tournament is nearby.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
It's conceivable that people who go to the tournament may also enter Smash, even if it isn't the main event they came for. It's also worth supporting if you've already got the venue booked and it's just a matter of getting people to show up.

What, you mean EVO? Sure, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't continue to plan tournaments like HASL, which hasn't seen the light of day technically since last October, though ATI was in March.

Player-1

Smash Legend
A tier list format is there to compensate for less activity, it's a more general type of rankings giving us more range and options. GA Melee has a tier list format, but not all of their players are super active (although lately, GA melee's attendances have been bigger than brawl)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Any reason I'm not on this? I feel like I've entered enough tournaments.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Any reason I'm not on this? I feel like I've entered enough tournaments.
Which tournaments did you enter? I mentioned your name to the other panelist, but neither of them knew of any tournaments for you. This was back when smashboards was down so it may have just been overlooked

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I looked over the list of tournaments, I think I only went to 2.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Top 5 TOs (a list I've been waiting for; panelists: me)
  1. Min
  2. Felipe the lockbox
  3. Calvin eating food
  4. McDonalds
  5. Community Controller
HM: Zinoto

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
S stands for "****"

A stands for "ass"

B stands for "bull****"

C stands for "crappy"

D stands for "doodie"

E stands for "excremental"

And Inactive/Retired means they fart dust.

I'm going to at least fart dust this year.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
I should be on the retired list imo, haven't entered a Brawl tournament in over 6 months, and don't plan to ever enter one again.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I don't know about GA, but if this was updated all of the Alabama players would have to be removed because the state has only had a handful of very small Brawl events in the past couple of years. At this point it's probably better to just Hall of Fame this thread and leave it. If the Georgia scene is big enough to have a PR then they should probably make a new thread.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Probably not gonna fulfill my goal of making it onto this before Smash 4 is released. The Hyperbolic Time Chamber has done me well, though. I hope to compete with what remains of our Brawl scene at least once more.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I don't know about GA, but if this was updated all of the Alabama players would have to be removed because the state has only had a handful of very small Brawl events in the past couple of years. At this point it's probably better to just Hall of Fame this thread and leave it. If the Georgia scene is big enough to have a PR then they should probably make a new thread.
I don't know that it's fair to dismiss the Auburn/Huntsville Brawl scenes so quickly.

Top Bottom