• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia/Alabama Merged Brawl Power Rankings (Updated 9/17/2013)

Scatz

Smash Champion
Like I said, I'll be able to play Monday/Tuesday night. Other than that, I'ma be busy all day.

DRN

Smash Lord
This is what i get for being dumb all season.

Also :warioc: next to my name too please

*Cam*

Smash Lord
For the record, the top ten list was unanimous between the three panelists, but I didn't want to be an HM since I haven't really been entering tournaments.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
#where'scalvin

hope he's using my capture card well

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
This **** is dead as hell. You guys all forgot how to play this game? I just had to go to Kansas to play a Brawl tournament that got me hyped to play this game because you guys suck **** at making me feel like competing. You know what though? It happened. I made bracket with my ****ing Ike. This post may be fueled by sleep deprivation from playing literally all night with MJG at Delux's Lux Lounge, but if that's the case, I'm gonna let it rock. I'm declaring war on the scrubs from this list. I'm going to start beating the hell out of you. If I'm the only one out there putting AL/GA on the map as more than the home of Reflex, a couple of ok but overrated players, and Player 1 who talks all the trash in the world and then chokes against Zinoto (step it up Hunter. Don't get left in the dust), then I guess I'll just have to demote some of you washed up old codgers.

I'm hella calling out Spade, P1, DRN, Vastar'and Lion Armor. Who the **** knows who you are, Spade? Who the **** doesn't know who you are, Hunter, but here you still are. DRN, did you ever figure out who the hell you play? Doesn't matter, I'll scrape you if you show up. Lion Armor and Vastar I can't really talk **** about but that won't stop me from cleaning them up.

If no one else is concerned with making this PR, then this thread can at least go from a dead thread with an outdated list to Ryker's personal **** talk and record repository.

I still like this game and if everyone else has become complacent about their position in our current hierarchy, then it'll just make it easier for me to mop you all up.

Peace scrubs. See you in brackets, if you make it that far.

~Ryker.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Me and DRN have been talking about for the next PR putting it in a tier list format instead, how do you guys feel about that?

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Let's play sometime, Mr. Ryker! You can make it to the TOP!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
LMAO at ryker thinking he is better than pretty much anyone on this list.

ok, ok, im not gonna get involved. there was a point where i started getting decent and thought i was better than i was. understandable. been there doen that. but if anything you think you would have learned something from me trolling the AL thread for like 2 years, ryker.
that's what disappoints me.

it was all so pointless if i can't even serve as an example of what not to do!! :(

btw, i thought cam was quitting??
also ryker where you live, dog? let's play sometime dont you live by montgomery?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Cam quit a while back, but he was put on the list because the stuff he did during that season merited putting him as an honorable mention for the list in February.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
A tier list would be even worse than the merger that I already didn't like. There's no reason to caste divide people and I see little point in having an honor for who's who in the region if it isn't competitive. Either your tiers are unordered and it doesn't promote competition or the tiers are ordered and there's no point in doing it for any purpose other than insulting people by implying they aren't even on a comparable level with other people.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Ryker don't forget to add me on FB/Skype so we can do brainstorming on things pls

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
What would be the difference between a tier list and a number scheme?
I thought it was a purely aesthetic thing.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
A tier list would suggest that there's a significant gap in skill between players in different tiers instead of ranking them, period.

Player-1

Smash Legend
A tier list would be even worse than the merger that I already didn't like. There's no reason to caste divide people and I see little point in having an honor for who's who in the region if it isn't competitive. Either your tiers are unordered and it doesn't promote competition or the tiers are ordered and there's no point in doing it for any purpose other than insulting people by implying they aren't even on a comparable level with other people.

I disagree, having them unordered promotes competition to move onto the next tier, I mean having a top 10 PR wouldn't promote anymore competition for the players in a would-be tier since they're not ordered anyway except for those 10 on the PR.

Example: Let's say we have the current top 10 in S tier then way down in D tier we have falconmaster48, masterfalcon84, 84falconmaster, and 48masterfalcon. Well those players aren't going to be in any ordered list regardless if we do an unordered tier list nor a top 10 PR so at least they have some type of visual goal to get to C tier.

As far as the "insulting people" part, isn't that what you just did in your post by calling out over half the people on the PR?

also what about having a tier list, but only ordered for like S tier or the top 10 or something?

Player-1

Smash Legend
Also, when I first read this I thought it was actually BSL writing the post instead since I didn't look at the bottom until I actually reached the bottom.

I was wondering where the hell this all came from 0_o

This **** is dead as hell. You guys all forgot how to play this game? I just had to go to Kansas to play a Brawl tournament that got me hyped to play this game because you guys suck **** at making me feel like competing. You know what though? It happened. I made bracket with my ****ing Ike. This post may be fueled by sleep deprivation from playing literally all night with MJG at Delux's Lux Lounge, but if that's the case, I'm gonna let it rock. I'm declaring war on the scrubs from this list. I'm going to start beating the hell out of you. If I'm the only one out there putting AL/GA on the map as more than the home of Reflex, a couple of ok but overrated players, and Player 1 who talks all the trash in the world and then chokes against Zinoto (step it up Hunter. Don't get left in the dust), then I guess I'll just have to demote some of you washed up old codgers.

I'm hella calling out Spade, P1, DRN, Vastar'and Lion Armor. Who the **** knows who you are, Spade? Who the **** doesn't know who you are, Hunter, but here you still are. DRN, did you ever figure out who the hell you play? Doesn't matter, I'll scrape you if you show up. Lion Armor and Vastar I can't really talk **** about but that won't stop me from cleaning them up.

If no one else is concerned with making this PR, then this thread can at least go from a dead thread with an outdated list to Ryker's personal **** talk and record repository.

I still like this game and if everyone else has become complacent about their position in our current hierarchy, then it'll just make it easier for me to mop you all up.

Peace scrubs. See you in brackets, if you make it that far.

~Ryker.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If it came from BSL I would have sigged it because that would have been godlike

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I vote in favor for the tier list. I will list some reason why and how I feel it should be formatted.

1. More accurate display of skill.
With tier list systems less active smashers still get recognition for around +/- 6 months. For instances lets say that I just got on the PR for being active, but someone like jorge who hasn't been so active may be skipped even though no one is going to really argue that I'm better than him.

Piggybacking off of what reflex and my point #1 PR doesn't account for skill gaps. I want GA to be represented accurately. PR doesn't necessarily do that.

2. Encouragement
One thing that propels me to getting better is taking baby steps. Lets say that I was ranked in F tier. And the teirs go down to H. I know where I am at relative to my community. I feel that it is pretty intimidating. If I say hey next update I want to be in E or D tier, that will encourage me to hone my skills to be good enough to be a part of those tiers.

3. Serves as a community roster
If we were to include inactive, new, and retired list this will allow us to keeps players more accountable for attendance. I'm not saying that we have to pester them about coming, but they know if they can attend less tournaments and still be recognized within the community.

In addition, it may help with seeding(for all tournaments) in the future. I expect T.O's to always use their best judgement, but lets say that 2 GA players went oos and the local T.O didn't have any idea where to seed them. The T.O can at least have a general idea of skill level(atleast for the ~top 3 tiers).

4.Possibility of regular non-GA natives being put on the list.
Ultimately this should be left to the community, but I find it interesting and might encourage travel to GA/AL. We can include non-state players if they meet a three tournament requirement within X amount of time. I know some states like TN occasionally have brawl players come and they don't really have any formal infrastructure set-up. If recognize them and make sure they know they are part of the GA community that will only help. Same goes with other people/states. If esam decides to come to GA tournaments for 6 months straight then he should be recognized. This will also help with the community roster ideas I talked about above.

5. More flexible
We can make changes to the tier list more frequently. If we have new players attend 2/3 tournaments they can be added to the holding tank after there 2 tournament. As soon as they attend there 3rd we should have a strong idea where they belong. For the top 4-6 those should remain PR like. More consistency should be needed to advance/drop from that tiers.

Format Considerations:
1. Top 4-6 are actually ranked in order and comprise the top 1 or 2 tiers, dependent on results. I say 1 or 2 because if a 2 players are really active locally and OOS, and placing top 1 or 2 at every tournament that should be a big enough skill divide to separate the tiers. All players lower than top 4-6 should not be ordered.

2. No person limit for active players. Maybe one day GA will be as popular as the NJ scene and will just have a bunch of high level players. If this happens there might be crowding of one tier. This will cause a shoving of people off the tier list who may not be that bad.

3. There should be a limit for retired and inactive players if the panel decides to include this section(which I encourage that they do.) We want to keep things concise and there is no reason for the thread and the, presumably, Facebook post to be crowded with people who haven't showed up in years. In addition to limiting there should be serious thought in to deciding the qualifications for retired and inactive players.

4. Under NO circumstances can people opt out. If we want this to be a true representation of skill it won't work if we have people opting out. That goes for the PR to.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
George for D Tier. Come hang out with me.

I do actually like the sound of a tier list. It gives more people in the region a better idea of where they stand and how far they need to go to improve. On the other hand, people be mad salty, yo.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
George for D Tier. Come hang out with me.

I do actually like the sound of a tier list. It gives more people in the region a better idea of where they stand and how far they need to go to improve. On the other hand, people be mad salty, yo.
People will always be salty. Part of improving is keeping your ego in check. If they want to show up to tournaments and tell use where they should be ranked they have my full support.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Birmingham on the 20th, I think. I can't find the thread right now.

Speaking of not right now, I'll get to your post Hunter. Either tomorrow or the next day depending on how much time I spend driving.

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
I agree with the tier list thing, on my first reaction. I'll think about it a bit more.

What I'm about to say may or may not be related in any way to what Ryker was saying.

Right now I feel like I've secured my place amongst the competitive scene. What I mean by that is that I know who I'm definitively better than and I know who is definitively better than me, without much argument. There are maybe 2 other players in AL/GA that are really close to me skill-wise, but beyond that I feel like there's not much I can do without sacrificing (a large portion of my life/every single weekend/a lot of money) to get past where I am currently. Ryker, if you can prove otherwise, I'll certainly make sure I work on keeping that spot above you, but ofc I'm not your only obstacle on the PR.

I would really like to be able to go to any tournament, all the time. But I have other obligations and actual money that I do need to keep. Now, I can pretty much guarantee I'll be at a minimum of 1 tournament per month, but honestly I think if I attended like 8 tournaments in a row, I could beat DRN/P1/Reflex. At least I think I would actually improve significantly enough to "un-secure" my and others' tournament expectations.

Maybe this "contentment" is what you were kind of getting at, Ryker.

Top Bottom