• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genuine thoughts on Steve from Minecraft

Do you think Minecraft will actually be represented in SSBU?

• Yes

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I think it deserves to be represented

Votes: 22 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
He's a no.
Ok before I begin I must say that I have seen dozens of more outrageous character requests/speculation but I think this one deserves some conversation since people actually think he'll be in. I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but these are my genuine thoughts (I had to create this to settle a debate).

So before the E3 direct a leaker claimed that "Smash 5" would be "Minecraft themed" and feature "Minecraft elements and themes" throughout specific parts of its design--including two newcomers from the series: Steve and Alex. I sat back and registered how silly this was. For Smash to lend a portion of its time to incorporate Minecraft themes? Later after E3 I denounced this leak as false. But then more leaks came in, and some of them claimed that Steve would be a part of the final roster. After a little while I came up with the "Leak Conjecture:" That if two or more leaks contradict each other, at most one of them can be right and the rest are making things up. All of these leaks had different information as well, which was proven wrong during the August 8th surprise direct.

So A little while had passed and I still see people claiming thay Steve will be in. Now I respect anyone who genuinely wants him in Smash, but honestly? He never even moves fluidly in his games, let alone possesses fighting capability. Swinging a diamond sword? Mining people? Putting TNT everywhere? What have we come to? Each smash character is unique in some way (except clones and semi clones, but we're not talking about those). But a character who travels and attacks by flailing around his stiff, 1 jointed arms like a scarecrow in a wind tunnel doesn't seem like something Sakurai would think about for a while and conclude it as a good idea.

Besides, maybe people who unironically want him in smash don't realize that MC is a meme, joke and stereotype toward small children. Let alone the fact that MC is not in any way, shape, or form fitting in with the rest of the crew. MC is not one of the legendary, iconic, groundbreaking games that the rest of the roster come from. Let's also consider how serious Nintendo fans would feel if we got a 10th character from an extra party, which would be like pouring oil over a fire after we got 5 third part characters in Smash 4.

In all honesty I think Steve from Minecraft (and Alex for that matter) stand little to zero chance of actually being in Smash. And if I turn out to be wrong, I am not buying SSBU. If you disagree with me in any way, I completely respect you and your opinion and I will not debate anything or try to argue.

Edit: I should also add that "Steve?" and"Alex"are placeholder names. They don't have any official titles.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm fine with a stage or item, it'd be delusional to say that minecraft is not important to gaming.
I just feel like Steve would be really hard to animate in smash. God please do NOT give us a character that looks like the ****ty minecraft models from minecraft story mode.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I'm fine with a stage or item, it'd be delusional to say that minecraft is important to gaming.
I just feel like Steve would be really hard to animate in smash. God please do NOT give us a character that looks like the ****ty minecraft models from minecraft story mode.
And besides, coming up with a moveset for a Minecraft character (as in barebones MC, not heavily modded MC) sounds like it's be a huge pain in the ass (then again, I never played Minecraft).

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
No. He's a blatant cash-grab pick and would stick out horribly among the rest of the cast, and not in a way that'd be at all charming or fun to look at. There's a reason many chuckle or scoff at the mere suggestion of Steve in Smash. A stage or AT would be much better representation for Minecraft, if it's to be represented at all. Otherwise, keep Steve in Microsoft's corporate bubble and out of Smash.

Last edited:

KafkaKomedy

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 8371 3981 5803
I feel Steve does honestly have a chance at getting into Smash-- a small one admittedly but a chance. Personally I don't want him but he does have undeniable moveset potential with the numerous items in his games, he's probably more fighting fit than the Villager frankly. Still, I don't expect Sakurai to waste time developing him when it's clear so few people want him in _but_ Minecraft IS important to gaming, it was one of if not the most popular games of all times. It's being used in Schools for god's sake! Because of this I feel like a stage as representation is totally fair game, and Microsoft and Nintendo are being quite cordial so I believe it just might happen-- but nothing beyond that.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
As a fighter? No thank you. But I feel he should at least get some sort of recognition, like a trophy. It'd be sort of like a nod to a successful franchise such as Minecraft. But any further recognition, like a song, a stage, or heaven forbid an Assist Trophy, I feel is too much.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
If Shovel Knight became a fighter, then Steve would be a much bigger possibility. But SK as an Assist Trophy doesn't seem to lend Steve much help.
That said, a moveset would actually be pretty easy to come up with. You've got a sword, but you've also got a shield, fishing pole, TNT, bow, various potions and splash potions, the Elytra and pickaxe, axe, shovel, hoe to take into account.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Minecraft is mostly about interacting with your environment in a free and creative fashion, so a Mario Maker-ish stage would probably represent it best.

Though I'm sure you probably could make a pretty okay moveset for the guy if you tried. His animations would probably look pretty odd compared to the rest of the cast, but so does G&W. Honestly, that sounds like it'd be a pretty funny visual. You guys are way too stuck up on "NUH-UH, THIS WOULD RUIN THE PURITY OF SMASH", just like in any discussion about 3rd party characters.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
I'll be fine with a stage. Minecraft is all about the environment, and basically nothing about the characters, so yeah.

ShaunoftheRed

Smash Cadet
The biggest argument against Steve seems to be that he wouldn't look right since he can't bend his limbs and he's too blocky.

I personally think they could make him look fine. I've found some footage of a sideways view of the Minecraft run animation. It's brief but it's here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kD0DCuv1ws at 1:24

Am I the only one who thinks this would look fine if done right??

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Honestly I don't feel strongly about Steve either way. I think he's a big enough name to warrant inclusion, to the extent that whilst people are pushing for the likes of Shovel Knight and Shantae, Steve is literally the only 'Indie' I see as being big enough to be included alongside the likes of Pac-Man, Sonic, Megaman, Ryu, Cloud and Simon and still make a lick of sense.

His artstyle is ugly, yeah, but he has moveset potential with building and crafting and I think he has the potential to have an interesting moveset, but at the same time I've got no connection to Minecraft at all so the most it'd raise out of me is a "oh, yeah I guess that figures...Minecraft is huge after all"

Aside from it bringing Microsoft and Nintendo together in a very very rare occasion of system crossplay(and allowing 'Banjo' to interact with 'Mario' and the gang for the first time in years), hit cartoon show Adventure Time had a really weird ass episode in the middle of it's grand finale dedicated to a Minecraft version of Oo. Why the flipping **** Pendleton Ward felt that was neccessary to include in the middle of his greatest work's FINALE is anyone's guess, but Minecraft interrupting that sort of pointed out to me how important the series is.

Weirdly the more people reject Steve, the more I lean towards him. Guess it's that part of me which wants to root for the underdog...

...although if Steve? is included people will accept him anyway and talk about what a great addition he is, just like they always do with every Smash newcomer after the initial shock no matter how awful an idea or inclusion they actually are.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I’d be fine if Minecraft got a stage, but if we wanted an iconic character from the series, it’s not Steve. It would be a Creeper AT.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Ok.. first of all.. i honestly couldn't care less if steve or minecraft content actually makes in, even though I find the porspect of a minecraft stage exciting.

But the OP is outright wrong :/

He's a no.
Ok before I begin I must say that I have seen dozens of more outrageous character requests/speculation but I think this one deserves some conversation since people actually think he'll be in. I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but these are my genuine thoughts (I had to create this to settle a debate).
and i will give my genuine thoughts...

So before the E3 direct a leaker claimed that "Smash 5" would be "Minecraft themed" and feature "Minecraft elements and themes" throughout specific parts of its design--including two newcomers from the series: Steve and Alex. I sat back and registered how silly this was. For Smash to lend a portion of its time to incorporate Minecraft themes? Later after E3 I denounced this leak as false. But then more leaks came in, and some of them claimed that Steve would be a part of the final roster. After a little while I came up with the "Leak Conjecture:" That if two or more leaks contradict each other, at most one of them can be right and the rest are making things up. All of these leaks had different information as well, which was proven wrong during the August 8th surprise direct.
Fake leaks gonna fake, but realize that fake leak tend to target desirable outcomes...

So A little while had passed and I still see people claiming thay Steve will be in. Now I respect anyone who genuinely wants him in Smash, but honestly? He never even moves fluidly in his games, let alone possesses fighting capability. Swinging a diamond sword? Mining people? Putting TNT everywhere? What have we come to? Each smash character is unique in some way (except clones and semi clones, but we're not talking about those). But a character who travels and attacks by flailing around his stiff, 1 jointed arms like a scarecrow in a wind tunnel doesn't seem like something Sakurai would think about for a while and conclude it as a good idea.
No but a character that kinda comes from a game with an uique mechanichs and a very disctintive gameplay mechanichs certainly will. Resource management, terraforming, planning and exploration is a couple of stuff you decided to "exclude" from your "hitting stuff with a stick" gameplay. This elements are even more important to minecraft than having a sword (or a pickaxe that would work like a sword anyways). This are elements that Sakurai will want to put on the moveset and that if he isn't able to incorporate them on teh moveset, he would end scrapping the character rather than having something that doesn't "feel" like minecraft.

And even if boring swords and iffy animations was all that was to Steve, let me remind you that he managed to put deep, charming and engaging movesets to Duck Hunt dog, Rob and friggin CLASSIC PACMAN. This argument that steve would look bad in the game irks me a lot because people are assuming that sakurai would put him like a quick moneygrab or a lazy skin. but he cares for his characters to be at least fun to use. if steve is put on smash, his animations will be reworked, his model and texture will be updated and he will be made fit in the cast.

Besides, maybe people who unironically want him in smash don't realize that MC is a meme, joke and stereotype toward small children. Let alone the fact that MC is not in any way, shape, or form fitting in with the rest of the crew. MC is not one of the legendary, iconic, groundbreaking games that the rest of the roster come from. Let's also consider how serious Nintendo fans would feel if we got a 10th character from an extra party, which would be like pouring oil over a fire after we got 5 third part characters in Smash 4.
This statement right here is outright wrong. maybe you unironically think that MC is a meme and a niche for toddlers but You don't realize that we are talking about a game that was a hitting success on pc on 2011 during his beta and haven't stopped growing from there. a game that have been present on 6 consoles spanning 2 generations and have been extremley succesfull in at least 5 of them? (i don't know how it performed on the ps4) present in 2 nintendo consoles and actually present on the switch, and staying relevant in the best sellers tab along juggernauts like MK8 deluxe, Mario oddissey and Breath of the Wild? we are speaking of 7 years of high relevancy and counting... a meme? pfft get out of your house more often. Small kids don't have that much money, and they usually spend it on minecraft merchandise and toys rather than the actual game. Small kids aren't the ones purchasing plane tickets to conventions.

And not groundbreaking? even if the game popularized a game genre (sandbox survival) and game mechanichs that even started appearing on triple A games? (hello crafting) even when plenty of games directly inspired on it (Terraria) have managed to be success on their own rights? I know what im going to say will sound like an attack to you. but Minecraft have been more goundbreaking that Kirby.

In all honesty I think Steve from Minecraft (and Alex for that matter) stand little to zero chance of actually being in Smash. And if I turn out to be wrong, I am not buying SSBU. If you disagree with me in any way, I completely respect you and your opinion and I will not debate anything or try to argue.
How is respecting an opinion not acknowleding it enough to bother debating it? still... what kind of argument is this? "if he is in i'm not purchasing the game" is extremely childish...

Edit: I should also add that "Steve?" and"Alex"are placeholder names. They don't have any official titles.
And this is a problem because? Mii Fighters and wii fit trainer also had to get a title crafted for them.. and villager neither have a name.

Look... i don't care if steve is in or not... although i think he could be a very exciting moveset. but if you are gonna argue against its inclusion, at least try to use arguments that can hold some water, for example:

-When implementing characters Sakurai wants to discuss them with their creators, thats why he usually is against western characters (cause translators) in that regard, i'm not even sure if he could discuss steve with Notch or if Notch would even want to discuss Steve.

And please... try to investigate at least a little something of the stuff you are arguing about, to avoid being outright wrong... and if you don't know. say that you don't know, and don't act like you actually know it all...

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I think Minecraft deserves to be in the game but I don't think Steve does.

A stage and Creeper assist trophy is all there should be for it

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
When I think Minecraft, Steve is one of the last things I think of in terms of iconic stuff.

That's basically my view.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Yes and no.
Fighter? God no.
Stage? Sure, that'd be fun.

Minecraft isn't known for the characters, it's know for what you do in the world, Steve is just a base form and turning him into literally anyone else is pretty much the entire point of him. You can argue this is the case with Villager but even Villager has more "character" than Steve since in AC you build relationships with others, are referred to by name, can emote and engage in conversations. Steve does none of this because he's not a character as much as he's just the vehicle for the player.
A fighter is not always the best way to represent a franchise. Monster Hunter devs have always wanted the monsters as the face of the series, that's why we have Rathalos as a boss/Assist instead of a Hunter, because it represents what Monster Hunter is much better; a game where you hunt Monsters. Fighting a monster in Smash is the best way to show what MH is, likewise, giving Minecraft a stage with some building/destruction gimmick is the perfect way to show what Minecraft is.

Give us a Minecraft stage and let it use music from all the other IPs that have like one or two songs and bam, you've repped Minecraft perfectly. But a fighter? No way.
Weirdly the more people reject Steve, the more I lean towards him.
Not to be too spicy but this is like the worst reason to back any character. "I want x because people won't like it!" like come on dude.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Steve playable? pls no.

A stage centered around Minecraft would be amazing tbh.

but don't gimme that generic block head as a fighter pls.

Minecraft while I'm not a fan of playing it is a really amazing game, but its because of the people who play it and what they can acomplish, and has nothing to do with their "characters"

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I don't want him in AT ALL. It just screams desperation on Nintendo's part IMO like "Hey Kids look you can play with Minecraft in Smash, PLEASE BUY our game!!" That being said to me Steve is on the same level as Cloud and Snake (or any 3rd party for that matter) IMO. Characters added in simply to try and open the Smash community to a wider audience who don't usually give a crap about Nintendo but will all of a sudden play a "child's baby fighting game" because "Hey look my favorite hardcore adult Playstation mascots in Cloud and Snake are in Smash Bros. I think I'll play as them and beat up these cute Nintendo characters!"

But in Steve's case it's the little little kids crowd. The kids who only play Minecraft and Fortnite...

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
As I had already stated in the General Discussion, even though I may have yet to play a minecraft game, I can understand its popularity.

Personally, I do not mind Steve's inclusion.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
He's a no.

I agree that it's a ridiculous notion to say that Smash will incorporate any game into big parts of the core game, especially a third party. But some of your points as to why it shouldn't be in aren't great.
I agree that it would look super weird to have it him move and fight, as like you said, he does not move fluidly. It works in his game, but not in Smash.
But to say "Minecraft is a meme game therefore it won't get in" or that "it's a stereotype for small children" are not good arguments at all. Pokemon and Mario and all sorts of series in Smash are "stereotypes for small children". The game isn't a meme game, and as much as you might try to deny it, Minecraft is a huge game that was influential on the gaming industry. I don't know what your quota for "ground-breaking games" is, but I feel like being the second best selling game of all time qualifies it. To try and pass it off as a "meme game" is ridiculous.
Also Steve and Alex are their official names, it's used both in game and in official merch.

I'm not saying Steve should be in Smash. In fact, I believe the only way Minecraft should be represented is through a Stage or Assist. I'm just saying some of your reasoning is pretty faulty.

I don't want him in AT ALL. It just screams desperation on Nintendo's part IMO like "Hey Kids look you can play with Minecraft in Smash, PLEASE BUY our game!!" That being said to me Steve is on the same level as Cloud and Snake (or any 3rd party for that matter) IMO. Characters added in simply to try and open the Smash community to a wider audience who don't usually give a crap about Nintendo but will all of a sudden play a "child's baby fighting game" because "Hey look my favorite hardcore adult Playstation mascots in Cloud and Snake are in Smash Bros. I think I'll play as them and beat up these cute Nintendo characters!"

But in Steve's case it's the little little kids crowd. The kids who only play Minecraft and Fortnite...
Cloud was a hugely request character, and Snake was requested by Hideo Kojima (creator of MGS and friend of Sakurai). Neither of those characters were added to specifically attract people that weren't interested in Smash beforehand. They probably attracted some people, but that's more of a bonus and not the main reason they were added.
Also, Sakurai cares too much about Smash to simply add a character just to boost sales. If he chooses to incorporate it in some way, it's because he thought it deserved to be in and would work. Sakurai cares a lot about this series and it's fans, give him some credit.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
People here talking about a character being a cash grab, and that's basically what all the DLC characters in Sm4sh were. Nintendo is a business, so they don't care if you think they're selling out. I'd prefer not to see Steve or any representation of Minecraft in Sma5h, because then that just opens the possibilities that he'll be in the next game.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
I'm 50/50 about a Minecraft inclusion actually happening right now, but I definetly think an inclusion would make sense, as stage, AT or even a character...
It is undeniable a big part of gaming history and I can't argue against it in any rational way. Regarding Steve in particular I wouldn't want him over Banjo, but I'm also not against him being included. Would be rather interesting to see how they would manage to do it.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Yes and no.
Fighter? God no.

Minecraft isn't known for the characters, it's know for what you do in the world, Steve is just a base form and turning him into literally anyone else is pretty much the entire point of him. You can argue this is the case with Villager but even Villager has more "character" than Steve since in AC you build relationships with others, are referred to by name, can emote and engage in conversations. Steve does none of this because he's not a character as much as he's just the vehicle for the player.
A fighter is not always the best way to represent a franchise. Monster Hunter devs have always wanted the monsters as the face of the series, that's why we have Rathalos as a boss/Assist instead of a Hunter, because it represents what Monster Hunter is much better; a game where you hunt Monsters. Fighting a monster in Smash is the best way to show what MH is, likewise, giving Minecraft a stage with some building/destruction gimmick is the perfect way to show what Minecraft is.

Give us a Minecraft stage and let it use music from all the other IPs that have like one or two songs and bam, you've repped Minecraft perfectly. But a fighter? No way.

Not to be too spicy but this is like the worst reason to back any character. "I want x because people won't like it!" like come on dude.
Hit the nail right on the head here. Steve is an intentionally generic placeholder avatar character who barely even has a name (he was actually given the nickname "Steve" by Notch early on as a joke, true story) to the point where I honestly feel he'd be nowhere near as "popular" as he apparently is if he weren't arbitrarily chosen to be Minecraft's mascot and forced into being a "character" by a bunch of corporate suits. His popularity isn't organic; he's popular in the same way that someone like Mickey Mouse is popular. They love the game, not the character.
I wholeheartedly agree that a fighter isn't the best way to represent some franchises, no matter how big. I mean, Tetris is historically the only game to beat Minecraft in terms of sales and was arguably just as influential, but you only hear the idea of a Tetris fighter brought up as a meme. A Tetris stage, on the other hand, has always been one of the most consistently popular ideas for a stage (which is kind of baffling that it hasn't happened yet, but I digress) because people recognize that Tetris is an all-time classic that deserves a place in Smash, but a character wouldn't make sense and a stage would represent it much better. Monster Hunter's in a similar position with Rathalos, as you said. Minecraft is the same way in that the game's about the environment and how the player interacts with it, not the characters, which Minecraft has basically none of. A stage would be perfect, maybe even an AT, but a fighter is, or at least should be, out of the question.
I couldn't agree with your last statement more. Wanting a character just to witness "le salt" is one of the absolute worst reasons to want a character, and it's a reason I've seen thrown around for Steve a lot lately that actively makes me want him even less.

Last edited:

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Yes and no.
Fighter? God no.

This post nails it. Add in a creeper AT to that and Minecraft will be perfectly represented. No need for a character.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'd be down with a Minecraft stage but Steve is an extremely boring "character", so I'd rather not have him.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I remember when Animal Crossing didn't need a character in Brawl.

I like Animal Crossing, but I'm not getting what's being said.

Last edited:

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, now that I think about it there is a way to make Steve interesting. The problem with Steve is, basically nobody wants to play him. Not even Minecraft fans. He is not a character, he is a blank slate to costumize.

So if Steve were to be made its own character, it would be cool if you could draw your own skins for him in SSB. That way I could see the character having value.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I remember when Animal Crossing didn't need a character in Brawl.

I like Animal Crossing, but I'm not getting what's being said.
We're not saying Minecraft doesn't "need" a character, we're saying a character wouldn't be the best way to represent Minecraft since it pretty much has none of them. To reiterate what I said in my previous post, the whole game's about the environment and how the player interacts with it, so a stage would be much more fitting representation for Minecraft than hamfisting a faceless no-name like Steve into a playable role just because the series is big enough to "warrant" a fighter. An Assist Trophy would be passable as well, but ultimately, a stage would be preferable (or both, potentially).

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
This thread died out like a week after I posted it and all of a sudden I'm getting notifications on it all of the time.

How did it become so popular again...?

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
This thread died out like a week after I posted it and all of a sudden I'm getting notifications on it all of the time.

How did it become so popular again...?
Probably because Minecraft & Steve have became fresh in people’s minds due to all the recent ‘leaks’ being spread across the web containing him.

Last edited:

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
I agree with people saying that Minecraft is better represented with a stage rather than a character. The game has always been about modifying terrain and shifting the environment to your liking; it's never been character heavy at all.

But that being said, Steve would be an objectively unique fighter and that's honestly all I ever want in Smash. Minecraft has a meme status and it's infamously known for having an awful fanbase, but so does Sonic so I'm not sure why people even bring this point up. Regardless it would be weird to have him in Smash but I feel like people would get used to it after a while. It's definitely not something worthy of making you not buy the game. You could just... not play him.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Thinking about it, a Creeper assist trophy that blows up seems like it would fit right in. However I would not want to look at a character made of blocks for a whole match. The player characters in Minecraft are hideous.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm not backing him though. You're putting words in my mouth you spicy boi.

I'm not a fan of Steve but I also don't despise the idea of him either which seems to be the only two options people think are available.
Literally completely neutral, but the way some people talk about him you'd think he was going to bring about the end of Smash as we know it instead of just being another pretty popular third party game getting some representation.

Minecraft is big enough to warrant whatever representation it's going to get whether it's a stage, an assist trophy, just a regular trophy, music or indeed Steve. Tbh I don't care one way or the other if we get Steve but the way people complain about him you'd think he was a really unreasonable choice and that does make me more sympathetic towards the few fans he has.

The Miis also got similar **** last time round because "they are just avatar characters" that didn't warrant inclusion.. Then they got added and most people were fine with their inclusion. Steve is most likely going to be exactly the same if he gets in after the game launches.

StormC

Smash Hero
I said it in another thread but my problem with Steve is his appeal is very narrow. He's appealing to diehard Minecraft fans... and that's about it. Even people here who like Minecraft are saying Steve would be an uninteresting addition. Characters like Mega Man and Cloud are recognizable and exciting even to those who have never played their games. Steve would just induce a lot of confusion and annoyance except for those people who really really really love Minecraft and want it recognized through a generic design that clashes heavily with Smash's visuals.

Most Smash fans who have never played Street Fighter would at least recognize Ryu. Steve? Mostly a non-entity to non-Minecraft fans.

A stage and AT would be great and represent the game much better than Steve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom