• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno's Bizarre Adventure part 2: Stardust Crusaders (Geno Support Thread #2)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Glad to hear it, i'm doing pretty good too. oh is that so? i've been a bit out of the loop regarding speculation so if there's anything else besides the bonus fighter thing then i'd love to hear it
There's a unknown URL on the Smash website numbered after the Fighter's Pass 2 fighters and before the BOTW Mii costume. You type in that URL and a error message appears. Some people think that URL might be for a bonus fighter as the unknown URL it's numbered before the BOTW Mii costume that came with those who bought the Pass. A interesting pattern people discovered is that the URLs on the website for the fighters in Fighter's Pass 1 were numbered with each other with the special Rex Mii costume's URL being numbered after them. This is why some are theorizing that unknown URL numbered after the Fighter's Pass 2 fighters and numbered before the BOTW Mii costume is a secret bonus fighter they're holding on not yet to reveal yet.

Dan

Smash Lord
this is why emulator is our hero and how i played games such as SMRPG and Joy mech fight and Teleroboxer no need to pay anything or wait for something
It's still nice to be able to do stuff through official and legal means.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I guess I'll tag Franco Geno Franco Geno here since I'm technically responding to him, but it's less about new information and more that all the old information we have is just flat out too damning to be beaten by what is essentially repackaging old assets. However, I don't really have the luxury to cover every single bit of evidence Geno has all in one post at the moment, and I would also have to sort out things and people that can and can't be spoken about, so I'm really not up for it at this moment.

However, I will address one topic in particular, and that is of this likely bonus fighter that was skipped over for whatever reason that may be. I know it's gaining a lot of traffic and at this point everyone has come to their own conclusions, but there is something I think people really aren't addressing when they talk about a bonus fighter, which is the fact that if we do get a bonus fighter they HAVE to be first party. Thus, Geno isn't a bonus character.

Now of course only Siths deal in absolutes, but please hear me out on this, as all previous instances of DLC support this.

Going back to Smash 4, remember that originally Mewtwo was going to be the only DLC until that was changed in development. Thus, Mewtwo would have technically been a bonus character similar in status to Plant, and still fits the bill as he was free to those who bought both games much like Plant was free to those who pre-ordered Ultimate. Mewtwo is a returning veteran from a franchise well-represented with characters, stages and other content, thus he came alone.

After that were Lucas and Roy, both again veterans who's franchises had representation without them. Another way to look at this is that they already came with their own content back in Melee/Brawl in terms of stages and whatnot, so they are just returning without anything new. It's not until Ryu that we see a character come with a stage and music, and wouldn't you know it, Ryu is third party.

After that comes Cloud, and while his lack of music was a meme made up by very disappointed fans, he too came with a stage and music. So did Bayonetta, but as you notice, Corrin/Kamui did not get a stage, only some songs. Now you could argue many things about why that was the case: it could be the lack of time Sakurai had to study the game to pick a proper stage, or the fact that Fire Emblem already had enough representation, or maybe it had something to do with how Sakurai's team convinced him to choose Corrin and Sakurai wasn't as invested (which I highly doubt), or the fact that he was already moving on to Smash Ultimate development could have had an effect. Regardless, duly note that Corrin both did not get a stage AND are first party.

Now on to Ultimate, starting with Plant, you see that Plant didn't get it's own stage. Once again, arguments can be made that a lack of time can be attributed, or that Mario had enough representation, but I would argue for both Plant and Corrin that if their respective franchises had enough representation then they themselves wouldn't exist, but one can have an entire debate about that. Just keep in mind that Plant is also first party.

To try and keep things brief and not be unnecessarily wordy, if you look at all the rest of the DLC for Ultimate thus far, the only first party we have are Byleth, Min Min and Pyra/Mythra. Now Min Min and Pyra/Mythra are both first party, but they are also first party who's franchises are new to Smash, and them coming with stages and music when brand new to Smash is nothing new. The real outlier here is Byleth: first party, but gets a stage and plenty of other content, despite being from a franchise already represented. This goes against what we have already seen, and you might think this blows a hole into my conclusion, but I personally believe this bolsters the claim that Corrin would have gotten a stage to represent Fates if Sakurai hadn't already been moving to Ultimate. In other words, I would compare Byleth with Rosalina & Luma, every Pokemon since Melee other than Incineroar, or literally any other Fire Emblem character other than Chrom or Corrin since Brawl.

See, I think whenever possible, Fire Emblem will be treated just like any other major series Nintendo has, much in the same vein as Mario: whenever they get a big new game, they will add big new content to Smash when possible. In fact, I think Incineroar suffers from the same situation as Corrin and perhaps Plant: we didn't get a new Pokemon stage because of a lack of development time combined with lots of representation already packed into the game, so they chose to just add a new character. However, there was enough time and Three Houses was such a big success that it got it was warranted to get more than what Fates got.

What this boils down to is that, out of all the DLC, the only times we ever got a character with next to nothing else was when it was first party. This is why Waluigi is the first thing to come to people's minds when it comes to a bonus character more often than not: consciously or not, they realize that he is first party and really has nothing to bring to the table that isn't already in Ultimate other than himself as playable. However, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong and the silly talk about characters like King Boo would all fit under this banner as well, and I'm sure you could think of more given enough time. What doesn't fall under this, though, is third party.

No single third-party character, base game nor DLC, has been a bonus character with no other content, going all the way back to the first third party inclusion of Solid Snake. Sakurai has stated himself this, but we all know that Smash has turned into a game that meshes worlds from games all over, and Ultimate is basically Video Game Hall Of Fame. So, knowing Sakurai's love of gaming and dedication to accurate portrayal and how big of a deal getting third party characters is, what in your right mind would make you believe that a third party character would get negotiated for without the bombastic fanfare of a badass stage, as much music as you could get, and a handful of spirits? At this point, if Sakurai came to you and said that he wanted your character but had no plans for any of that other content, as the owner of that IP wouldn't you feel a bit slighted?

So if you want to skip to the end, as I'm basically done here, here's your TL;DR:

Both common sense and logic team up with past precedence to state that a third party character will never come without tons of content alongside them, and Geno is a third party character, so he's either one of the last two here or he's in the next batch of DLC.

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Wait, that series is still going on?
The original creator decided to Reboot the series but it takes him a really long time to animate and he just released Episode 2 of the Reboot 2 days ago and let me tell you he really outdid himself with all the action in that episode. Please watch the reboot when you can, both episodes are 30 mins long.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The original creator decided to Reboot the series but it takes him a really long time to animate and he just released Episode 2 of the Reboot 2 days ago and let me tell you he really outdid himself with all the action in that episode. Please watch the reboot when you can, both episodes are 30 mins long.
I will check it out later today. Thanks for the news

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hmm, i've watched almost so much web shows and animated fan made works that i might get to a point of watching this one. How many episodes are there of this series?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Hey fellow Genobros, it's been a while!
I decided to pop up out of hibernation real quick to showcase my two Miitopia creations: Mallow and Booster. I decided to make these two in particular since so many people already have made Geno Miis, and because I wanted to have Mallow alongside Geno (I also made Booster because yes). If you would like to download these characters, the code is 8KC6VYP. If we can't get Geno and SMRPG back in the limelight, I'm always happy to do it myself. ;)

E0kKZtGVIAMD31W.jpg
E0kKZtiVEAAQsUO.jpg

Anyways, back to the Star Road Discord I go.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Hmm, i've watched almost so much web shows and animated fan made works that i might get to a point of watching this one. How many episodes are there of this series?
The original had 8 episodes all the way back in 2006 but was left on a cliffhanger since around 2011 so the original creator decided to reboot the series and so far there are only 2 episodes out and it takes him a long time to animate but his animation has improved a lot ever since he a began back in 2006.

Edit: If you're interested in the original here's a video with all 8 episodes.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Hey fellow Genobros, it's been a while!
I decided to pop up out of hibernation real quick to showcase my two Miitopia creations: Mallow and Booster. I decided to make these two in particular since so many people already have made Geno Miis, and because I wanted to have Mallow alongside Geno (I also made Booster because yes). If you would like to download these characters, the code is 8KC6VYP. If we can't get Geno and SMRPG back in the limelight, I'm always happy to do it myself. ;)

View attachment 313773View attachment 313774

Anyways, back to the Star Road Discord I go.
Pickle Mallow:toadnaani:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
There's a unknown URL on the Smash website numbered after the Fighter's Pass 2 fighters and before the BOTW Mii costume. You type in that URL and a error message appears. Some people think that URL might be for a bonus fighter as the unknown URL it's numbered before the BOTW Mii costume that came with those who bought the Pass. A interesting pattern people discovered is that the URLs on the website for the fighters in Fighter's Pass 1 were numbered with each other with the special Rex Mii costume's URL being numbered after them. This is why some are theorizing that unknown URL numbered after the Fighter's Pass 2 fighters and numbered before the BOTW Mii costume is a secret bonus fighter they're holding on not yet to reveal yet.
Also worth mentioning that this is only on the New Zealand site. The most likely explanation is that it's a mistake.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Also worth mentioning that this is only on the New Zealand site. The most likely explanation is that it's a mistake.
Possible mistake or not, it seems rather pointless to have a section of the Smash website dedicated to individual DLC content for only a single character.

There are two ways you can look at that: Either they did this just in case more DLC happened to come out like that, or they already had some planned to come out like that. Either way it's preparation, and if you knew for sure that you wouldn't have any more content released like that, wouldn't you just include plant with the rest of the fighters? Kinda a waste of time and effort to make a separate section with all the coding and graphic design and whatnot if Plant was the only possible outlier.

S1itchey

Smash Apprentice
Still, Nintendo in 2020 wasn't that great even if they made a lot of money.
Exactly. In 2020 we only got 3 major titles. Paper mario OK, Animal crossing NH and hyrule warriors AOC. Every other game nintendo released in 2020 was either a port, remake or just not super notable. Barely any big stuff.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Exactly. In 2020 we only got 3 major titles. Paper mario OK, Animal crossing NH and hyrule warriors AOC. Every other game nintendo released in 2020 was either a port, remake or just not super notable. Barely any big stuff.
Still, Nintendo in 2020 wasn't that great even if they made a lot of money.

Major titles ain't everything when it comes to video game consoles though. It's that mentality that has caused Sony to take down their more "experimental studio" and only going full blockbuster.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Didn't Nintendo had some negatives in 2020 too? such as the Melee Online Takedown and Cancellation of Splatoon 2's Tournament.
I don´t want to be a negative nancy here.. But like OJ from Player Essence have said, those that believed Nintendo would just look away and be okay with BHT let alone work with them, clearly don´t understand corporations.

S1itchey

Smash Apprentice
Major titles ain't everything when it comes to video game consoles though. It's that mentality that has caused Sony to take down their more "experimental studio" and only going full blockbuster.
Major first party titles are DEFINETLY everything when it comes to Nintendo consoles. Nintendo lives and dies on its first party ips. Virtually everybody buys a Nintendo console to play the new mario or zelda or pokemon or whatever. At the end of the day Nintendos major titles are what get people excited and hyped and without those it leaves the year feeling pretty dry.

I'm not saying that they have to release every major first party game in a year but at least make the ones you do actually major. ACNH was huge for nintendo and while the initial excitement of the game was big a whole year later people are starting to realize its pretty underwhelming compared to previous entries. Paper mario was a mixed bag for most people as while it showed promising things like more original characters it still lacked that original paper mario feel the fans were looking for. The battle system in particular is something I've heard alot of bad things about.

I mean I'm happy we at least got something but I will not state the 2020 was a good year for Nintendo in terms of games because compared to its previous years it really wasn't.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Major first party titles are DEFINETLY everything when it comes to Nintendo consoles. Nintendo lives and dies on its first party ips. Virtually everybody buys a Nintendo console to play the new mario or zelda or pokemon or whatever. At the end of the day Nintendos major titles are what get people excited and hyped and without those it leaves the year feeling pretty dry.

I'm not saying that they have to release every major first party game in a year but at least make the ones you do actually major. ACNH was huge for nintendo and while the initial excitement of the game was big a while year later people are starting to realize its pretty underwhelming compared to previous entries. Paper mario was a mixed bag for most people as while it showed promising things like more original characters it still lacked that original paper mario feel the fans were looking for. The battle system in particular is something I've heard alot of bad things about.

I mean I'm happy we at least got something but I will not state the 2020 was a good year for Nintendo in terms of games because compared to its previous years it really wasn't.
It's too bad Nintendo can live off of just making new Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem games while they port the **** out of everything else people want new games for.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
What's your opinion on mods and rom hacks Icewolff92 Icewolff92 ? Do you think Nintendo is in the wrong for taking those down or in the right?
When it comes to a game that is not accessible, ROMhack away in my books. When it comes to fanmade romhacks of games that is as well as mods... I´m extremely indifferent towards it. Understand why people want to do them, can´t blame Nintendo to take them down considering the dumb IP/copyright laws that exist. For example, had Nintendo not been as "hatebonery" on fangames, they might have lost total control over their IPs with other companies that could do their own Zelda games, sell them for money, and Nintendo would not be able to do something because that person could use the "why bother now" argument, and actually win against the big N. It´s stupid I know.

I'm not saying that they have to release every major first party game in a year but at least make the ones you do actually major. ACNH was huge for nintendo and while the initial excitement of the game was big a whole year later people are starting to realize its pretty underwhelming compared to previous entries. Paper mario was a mixed bag for most people as while it showed promising things like more original characters it still lacked that original paper mario feel the fans were looking for. The battle system in particular is something I've heard alot of bad things about.

Tell that to the Wii U that had horrible third-party support and indie, while also some fantastic first-party games.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Tutankoopa: “Hey Culex can I copy your homework?”
Culex: “Ok but make sure to change it a bit so Square-enix doesn’t notice.”
Tutankoopa “Alright!”
Here is something interesting the battle music of Tutankoopa from Mario pinball land kinda matches Culex from SMRPG.
And now hear what happens if you combine both it actually fits.
Now you can’t unhear this

Last edited:

S1itchey

Smash Apprentice
When it comes to a game that is not accessible, ROMhack away in my books. When it comes to fanmade romhacks of games that is as well as mods... I´m extremely indifferent towards it. Understand why people want to do them, can´t blame Nintendo to take them down considering the dumb IP/copyright laws that exist. For example, had Nintendo not been as "hatebonery" on fangames, they might have lost total control over their IPs with other companies that could do their own Zelda games, sell them for money, and Nintendo would not be able to do something because that person could use the "why bother now" argument, and actually win against the big N. It´s stupid I know.

Tell that to the Wii U that had horrible third-party support and indie, while also some fantastic first-party games.
The wiiu having good first party support doesnt mean anything. The console was doomed from the start. Nintendos first party games are absolutely what people buy Nintendo consoles for but most people weren't willing to buy a wiiu because they thought it was just a 300 dollar add on for the wii. It was poorly advertised and the casual market (Nintendos main audience) wasn't going to easily be able to figure out that the wiiu was different from the wii when they looked so similar.

Nintendos first party support is still its biggest strength. This is exactly why people dont get excited when they announce something like an indie direct or a partner showcase but go absolutely insane when they announce a new Nintendo direct. People want the Mario's and the zeldas and the splatoons. That's why they buy a switch.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

ROMhacks don't need to sell money, but i feel it's okay for people to make different games based on existing series and not illegally sell them to earn money. some people might want to present there ideas for others to look at.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The wiiu having good first party support doesnt mean anything. The console was doomed from the start. Nintendos first party games are absolutely what people buy Nintendo consoles for but most people weren't willing to buy a wiiu because they thought it was just a 300 dollar add on for the wii. It was poorly advertised and the casual market (Nintendos main audience) wasn't going to easily be able to figure out that the wiiu was different from the wii when they looked so similar.

Nintendos first party support is still its biggest strength. This is exactly why people dont get excited when they announce something like an indie direct or a partner showcase but go absolutely insane when they announce a new Nintendo direct. People want the Mario's and the zeldas and the splatoons. That's why they buy a switch.
You spoke like it's the only thing needed, which is false. Their biggest strength sure, there is no doubt about that. Someone saying that Nintendo's biggest strength isn´t its first-party is stupid. And you are underestimating the power of indie titles. I know a ton of people who has 450 GB sd cards filled with indies alone. There is a reason why Nintendo is focusing so heavily on it even if it feels like shovel war for others. Heck, the videogame that has sold the most copies in the world started off as an indie. They aren´t Mario´s, Zeldas, or Splatoons, don´t get me wrong... but there is a way bigger market for them than you expect.

ROMhacks don't need to sell money, but i feel it's okay for people to make different games based on existing series and not illegally sell them to earn money. some people might want to present there ideas for others to look at.
I´m not saying that it has to. All I´m saying is that Nintendo is mostly doing their take-downs because there are people that WOULD try to sell fan games illegally if they weren´t so protective of their IPs. In the ultimate world, fans should be able to do stuff like this as long as they are free, and Nintendo doesn´t have to bother about them unless it's a project that said creator(s) is trying to make money from it. That´s what I mean with, I can understand why people want to do them, but I can´t go and say "hurrdurr Nintendo bad" when I know why they are and would (knowing myself) more than likely do the same if I were in their position. I would be extremely hypocritical if did wave that flag.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
You spoke like it's the only thing needed, which is false. Their biggest strength sure, there is no doubt about that. Someone saying that Nintendo's biggest strength isn´t its first-party is stupid. And you are underestimating the power of indie titles. I know a ton of people who has 450 GB sd cards filled with indies alone. There is a reason why Nintendo is focusing so heavily on it even if it feels like shovel war for others. Heck, the videogame that has sold the most copies in the world started off as an indie. They aren´t Mario´s, Zeldas, or Splatoons, don´t get me wrong... but there is a way bigger market for them than you expect.

I´m not saying that it has to. All I´m saying is that Nintendo is mostly doing their take-downs because there are people that WOULD try to sell fan games illegally if they weren´t so protective of their IPs. In the ultimate world, fans should be able to do stuff like this as long as they are free, and Nintendo doesn´t have to bother about them unless it's a project that said creator(s) is trying to make money from it. That´s what I mean with, I can understand why people want to do them, but I can´t go and say "hurrdurr Nintendo bad" when I know why they are and would (knowing myself) more than likely do the same if I were in their position. I would be extremely hypocritical if did wave that flag.
They could've atleast check to see if the Rom was made for getting money.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
They could've atleast check to see if the Rom was made for getting money.
That´s the thing. It doesn´t matter if it's "free" or not within the laws that are in place. If they aren´t protective no matter what, the rights get looser = potential loss in court because of a "why now" argument that could happen at one point.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
That´s the thing. It doesn´t matter if it's "free" or not within the laws that are in place. If they aren´t protective no matter what, the rights get looser = potential loss in court because of a "why now" argument that could happen at one point.
Still shouldn't matter since they could make a deal

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

In my opinion, people should be able to make Rom hacks of games but absolutely shouldn't make money off of them by any means. When someone else makes money off of some company's property than that's when they should step in.

Top Bottom