• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno's Bizarre Adventure part 2: Stardust Crusaders (Geno Support Thread #2)

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
If not a in house Nintendo studio, Retro should stick with making the DKC games. But they need to start pumping them out faster though. I know they have their hands full with Metroid Prime 4's development and all but still. Miyamoto once said Retro can work on two games at once. The time should be now to show that.
They are more than likely going all in for Metroid Prime 4 right now considering the talent they have hired recently

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
They are more than likely going all in for Metroid Prime 4 right now considering the talent they have hired recently
I have to say, Metroid Prime 4 is a very ambitious title for Nintendo and Retro as the last 3 Prime games didn't take this long to develop and Prime 4 has been in development now for over 4 years with us knowning little to no news about it aside from who has jumped on the crew to work on it. I think Nintendo is wanting Prime 4 to be the biggest game in the series so they can make this franchise bigger worldwide and more popular in Japan as it really isn't over there. I also think with all this in mind, Sylux wouldn't be too farfetched to be one of the remaining DLC characters for Smash Ultimate as he could promote Metroid Prime 4 with him being geared up and groomed to be Prime 4's antagonist. Plus, he doesn't have a Spirit which is a little plus even though it might not mean anything.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I have to say, Metroid Prime 4 is a very ambitious title for Nintendo and Retro as the last 3 Prime games didn't take this long to develop and Prime 4 has been in development now for over 4 years with us knowning little to no news about it aside from who has jumped on the crew to work on it. I think Nintendo is wanting Prime 4 to be the biggest game in the series so they can make this franchise bigger worldwide and more popular in Japan as it really isn't over there. I also think with all this in mind, Sylux wouldn't be too farfetched to be one of the remaining DLC characters for Smash Ultimate as he could promote Metroid Prime 4 with him being geared up and groomed to be Prime 4's antagonist. Plus, he doesn't have a Spirit which is a little plus even though it might not mean anything.
Let´s not forget that Retro Studios wasn´t originally part of the production until they scrapped what they had originally and rebooted the entire thing. As far as we know, the game might have been ready to go If Retro had worked on it from the start. But yes, it sure feels like they want to push Metroid Prime to become a bigger franchise, especially with all the major talent that they keep on hiring.

Speaking of character included pushing a franchise. What are the odds that Ayumi Tachibana from Famicon Detective Club is one of the last two (or maybe that supposed bonus fighter, although I personally don't believe that something like it will happen) xD I mean, Sakurai is a fan of the series, wanted her in Melee but scrapped it because it wasn´t an ongoing series that was Japanese only, and now the game is remade and on its way to the western market with the remakes apparently been worked on for years according to Jon Cartwright (the former Gamxplain member who knows works at Nintendo Life). :psycho: I mean, weirder stuff has happen and its not like Nintendo is afraid of using Smash for promotional purpose

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Speaking of character included pushing a franchise. What are the odds that Ayumi Tachibana from Famicon Detective Club is one of the last two (or maybe that supposed bonus fighter, although I personally don't believe that something like it will happen) xD I mean, Sakurai is a fan of the series, wanted her in Melee but scrapped it because it wasn´t an ongoing series that was Japanese only, and now the game is remade and on its way to the western market with the remakes apparently been worked on for years according to Jon Cartwright (the former Gamxplain member who knows works at Nintendo Life). :psycho: I mean, weirder stuff has happen and its not like Nintendo is afraid of using Smash for promotional purpose
Since Famicom Detective Club is finally coming to the west, that issue Sakurai had back in Melee where he didn't added Ayumi because of western audiences likely not going to know who she is really won't be a problem anymore nor was it one in the first place. If a bonus DLC character happens at the end and it's a Retro character like that rumor we heard awhile back from one of Fatman's sources, I think Ayumi's chances will look pretty decent.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Since Famicom Detective Club is finally coming to the west, that issue Sakurai had back in Melee where he didn't added Ayumi because of western audiences likely not going to know who she is really won't be a problem anymore nor was it one in the first place. If a bonus DLC character happens at the end and it's a Retro character like that rumor we heard awhile back from one of Fatman's sources, I think Ayumi's chances will look pretty decent.
I personally don´t believe in the whole bonus fighter thing tbh. If we something extra, it's a Mii Costume at best in my book (although I´m all for being wrong because more characters the marrier in my book). I know we have that URL code that is put alone but like the guys over at GVG (Steve, Ash, and Derrick from Gamexplain) said, its probably just a "here is a deal for every DLC fighter bundled together" like how TPC did when the Crown Tundra released and they were done with DLC

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I personally don´t believe in the whole bonus fighter thing tbh. If we something extra, it's a Mii Costume at best in my book (although I´m all for being wrong because more characters the marrier in my book). I know we have that URL code that is put alone but like the guys over at GVG (Steve, Ash, and Derrick from Gamexplain) said, its probably just a "here is a deal for every DLC fighter bundled together" like how TPC did when the Crown Tundra released and they were done with DLC
I don't think a bonus Mii costume at the end would satisfy anybody and I think Nintendo would know this too as it would be very anticlimactic.

The best part of Geno getting into smash as playable character will be drinking the salty tears of the Geno haters.
This right here is my one reason for it giving up. It'll be so satisfying to see all these people who doubted us and bullied us get what they deserve.
Oh believe me, if Geno miraculously still makes it in before this is all over, I'm going to shove his inclusion in the faces of the jerks in the Newcomer Thread who picked on me and others about Geno not making it in. And there are particular users on here I would glady shove in their faces the most and ones that have harassed me personally.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I don't think a bonus Mii costume at the end would satisfy anybody and I think Nintendo would know this too as it would be very anticlimactic.
I´m not going to argue about that. All I´m saying is that.... why not have the second's fighter pass being 7 fighters instead of 6 then? It makes no sense to me about the general idea of a "bonus fighter". It just comes off like an "I need it to be a bonus fighter because then I have a higher chance to get my most wanted" Kinda thing more than anything than some actual proof behind it. That´s why I believe more in some bonus Mii Costume than an actual fighter even if it would be anti climatic.

But as I said, the more fighters the merrier as long as it's not a "4th party character" as the fans call them in my book, so its not like I´m against the idea of it. I just haven´t been shown any solid evidence than just "wishful thinking".

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I´m not going to argue about that. All I´m saying is that.... why not have the second's fighter pass being 7 fighters instead of 6 then? It makes no sense to me about the general idea of a "bonus fighter". It just comes off like an "I need it to be a bonus fighter because then I have a higher chance to get my most wanted" Kinda thing more than anything than some actual proof behind it. That´s why I believe more in some bonus Mii Costume than an actual fighter even if it would be anti climatic.

But as I said, the more fighters the merrier as long as it's not a "4th party character" as the fans call them in my book, so its not like I´m against the idea of it. I just haven´t been shown any solid evidence than just "wishful thinking".
Well think about it this way, let's say Sakurai is announcing FP11 in the last Direct at E3 and afterwards he says "Oh! I almost forgot! We have one more thing to show you..." Screen cuts to black following a Smash trailer. A surprise character at the end would hype people up more than just "Okay everybody! These last two Fighter's Pass 2 characters are our last and we are going to reveal them at E3 or this final Smash Direct.".

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Well think about it this way, let's say Sakurai is announcing FP11 in the last Direct at E3 and afterwards he says "Oh! I almost forgot! We have one more thing to show you..." Screen cuts to black following a Smash trailer. A surprise character at the end would hype people up more than just "Okay everybody! These last two Fighter's Pass 2 characters are our last and we are going to reveal them at E3 or this final Smash Direct.".
Like I said before, then you could easily just done 7 characters in this fighter pass considering they made a big deal when they revealed that we are getting 6 more after Byleth and not 5. While I would love for you to be right (and granted you could be) I´m sorry, but that´s argument is wishful thinking and not some solid evidence

A secret bonus fighter makes it even likelier to end on a fiasco depending on who it is also.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Like I said before, then you could easily just done 7 characters in this fighter pass considering they made a big deal when they revealed that we are getting 6 more after Byleth and not 5. While I would love for you to be right (and granted you could be) I´m sorry, but that´s argument is wishful thinking and not some solid evidence
I'm not trying to claim it's solid evidence or evidence at all for that matter, but a surprise reveal at the end would get the town talking.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I'm not trying to claim it's solid evidence or evidence at all for that matter, but a surprise reveal at the end would get the town talking.
Sure, but like I said in my edit. A secret bonus fighter makes it even likelier to end on a fiasco depending on who it is, I dare say it would probably make it worse no matter who. So it's just better to be upfront and tell how many that we are getting, but if you do more you might as well do a thirds fighter pass if the idea comes during the development of fighter pass two

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I will say though, if there is any evidence of a potential bonus DLC fighter, it's that there are 3 empty WoL slots remaining in the game's code after Fighter's Pass 2 is set and done.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The designer of Geno has officially posted the prototype Geno design idle animation now we can see his colors!
Well I'll be damn! This is something I thought would never see the light of day and just rot in Square-Enix's vault for all eternity.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The designer of Geno has officially posted the prototype Geno design idle animation now we can see his colors!
It is a good thing they did not go with this design or else when Sakurai would consider him for Smash, people would complain about him being another swordsman. :troll:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It is a good thing they did not go with this design or else when Sakurai would consider him for Smash, people would complain about him being another swordsman. :troll:
Anti Geno hater in a alternate dimanision: These Geno fans just want him in because he looks like a edger version of Isaac that's a puppet with a hooded.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ngl, if he looked like this from the get go, I would of probably been more attracted to the character

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Ngl, if he looked like this from the get go, I would of probably been more attracted to the character
I think it would be cool if Geno gets introduced in future game where he can switch between the sword and the gun version of the dolls this early design deserves some action.
And think for a second if it actually happened I could imagine Geno being playable with his other doll version and could be switching between them like pyra and mythra

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
here is an idea you should probably prepare if you are going to buy Miitopia when it gets released on switch make sure to make a Smithy Mii for the tank class its a perfect match if you are looking for good character to take on that job

if you are looking for the reference to do it then here i have a collection including Smithy
Damn, no love for Mallow or Axem Green. That's rough, buddy. Also I'm not sure if I want to team up with Smithy...
No offense but I much prefer what we got. While he looks appealing, I think he wouldn't have resonated with audiences way back when had he looked like that. Also wouldn't have fit in the Mario universe really either, especially not as a protagonist, kind looks like an enemy or NPC.

Also, with the low-hanging 'Oh, THIS Geno would be in Smash because he has a SWORD' already out of the way, I will say that it really never has anything to do with it anyway. It just so happens that people want a bunch of RPG/JRPG characters in Smash and that most RPG/JRPG protags use swords because heroes traditionally wield swords. This is yet another reason people should honestly be rooting for Geno, as he is an J/RPG character who is a protagonist who doesn't wield as sword but instead fires guns, not to mention other kinds of ranged weaponry and even parts of his own body. If you want a unique character, Geno really fits the bill.

Honestly, I'd argue Geno wouldn't be here and most of us wouldn't either had his beta design been canon.

Also Franco Geno Franco Geno good to see another familiar face. Doing alright, trying to remind discouraged fellow Geno Bros how ridiculously likely Geno is even now.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Damn, no love for Mallow or Axem Green. That's rough, buddy. Also I'm not sure if I want to team up with Smithy...

No offense but I much prefer what we got. While he looks appealing, I think he wouldn't have resonated with audiences way back when had he looked like that. Also wouldn't have fit in the Mario universe really either, especially not as a protagonist, kind looks like an enemy or NPC.

Also, with the low-hanging 'Oh, THIS Geno would be in Smash because he has a SWORD' already out of the way, I will say that it really never has anything to do with it anyway. It just so happens that people want a bunch of RPG/JRPG characters in Smash and that most RPG/JRPG protags use swords because heroes traditionally wield swords. This is yet another reason people should honestly be rooting for Geno, as he is an J/RPG character who is a protagonist who doesn't wield as sword but instead fires guns, not to mention other kinds of ranged weaponry and even parts of his own body. If you want a unique character, Geno really fits the bill.

Honestly, I'd argue Geno wouldn't be here and most of us wouldn't either had his beta design been canon.

Also Franco Geno Franco Geno good to see another familiar face. Doing alright, trying to remind discouraged fellow Geno Bros how ridiculously likely Geno is even now.
I actually had Mallow and Axem green Mii in Tomodachi Life I think I will bring them to miitopia too

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
If he had a hand at Geno's design, he should have partial ownership of him.

You know I am kidding, by the way. :troll:
I´m more talking about the general idea of having Square Enix not going full "final fantasy" with that crossover. Not just about Geno not having a sword

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
I think Geno’s position of joining in the next Smash game really depends on how vocal the fans are willing to be. Nintendo likely knows how sad people were when he was deconfirmed, but at this point I think they are looking to see if a lot of people will still want him in the coming years. So I certainly think it’s important to keep the support alive on social media.
The best part of Geno getting into smash as playable character will be drinking the salty tears of the Geno haters.
This, even if his inclusion won’t come for a long time, it would be cathartic to see trolls like Plantman and AfroSmash seething over his reveal and getting karma.
If not though, then whatever. People will be toxic, and it’s best to just ignore them and move on.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
In the miracle scenario where they announce another Smash Ballot, Geno fans must be as loud as possible if they want their wish to come true. It worked fir Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie because they had a mountain of support at the right time.
Oh yeah! I was going to say something like that. Hopefully, there will be something like that, though I still doubt it.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Also Franco Geno Franco Geno Franco Geno Franco Geno good to see another familiar face. Doing alright, trying to remind discouraged fellow Geno Bros how ridiculously likely Geno is even now.
Glad to hear it, i'm doing pretty good too. oh is that so? i've been a bit out of the loop regarding speculation so if there's anything else besides the bonus fighter thing then i'd love to hear it

Top Bottom