• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno's Bizarre Adventure part 2: Stardust Crusaders (Geno Support Thread #2)

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, Nintendo gave them the figure license and lately, they have been SUPER lazy just releasing Mario and Luigi power up reskins and reissues of mainly the Mario enemy figures they have already released.
Sounds like they gave it to the wrong company then, huh?

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Kind of. They were doing pretty well for awhile making some cool Zelda, Star Fox and Metroid figures as well but have somewhat abandoned making figures for those IPs.
I see. Looks like Mario characters were the easiest to make figures of. That's probably not THE or the only reason, but you can call them lazy, nonetheless.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I see. Looks like Mario characters were the easiest to make figures of. That's probably not THE or the only reason, but you can call them lazy, nonetheless.
I mean, now they're just making Mario and Luigi power up reskins, but a few years ago they would make characters like:

Skull Kid
Shadow Link
Ganondorf
The Koopalings
Fox
Falco
Slippy
Peppy
Metroid

Ect, ect. They made figures of some characters that never have gotten a figure before they made them.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean, now they're just making Mario and Luigi power up reskins, but a few years ago they would make characters like:

Skull Kid
Shadow Link
Ganondorf
The Koopalings
Fox
Falco
Slippy
Peppy
Metroid

Ect, ect. They made figures of some characters that never have gotten a figure before they made them.
I know. The lazy part was about nowadays with the Mario and Luigi reskins.

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
I find it funny they didn't even have the decency to give Propeller Mario a Propeller Mushroom. Like really? would it be that much harder?
The best part about this is that they’re apparently planning to rerelease the Propellor Mario figure again but with the 1-Up Mushroom, there‘s also seeming to be a Penguin Mario figure as well but will come with a coin!

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Any plans to paint it?
yes but not right now i actually wanna sell them too however this was my college 3D printer and its old and its not that good what i have done is that i asked my college to provide a new 3D printer with better quality for me so i can have it at home then start 3D printing many of those models and experimenting them and they agreed that will bring me one however i am still waiting

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
yes but not right now i actually wanna sell them too however this was my college 3D printer and its old and its not that good what i have done is that i asked my college to provide a new 3D printer with better quality for me so i can have it at home then start 3D printing many of those models and experimenting them and they agreed that will bring me one however i am still waiting
Ah. Man, if you ever get around to it I would possibly buy a set with the OG models.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So besides the SMRPG cast, who would y'all guys want as action figures? I would love to the 8-Bits from Doki Doki Panic/Super Mario Bros. 2 or even the X-Nauts, Grodus, Lord Crump, all the Thousand Year Door party members, ect. Mainly Mario wise, my dream figures would be nothing but SMRPG, PMTTYD and Subcon action figures.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
So besides the SMRPG cast, who would y'all guys want as action figures? I would love to the 8-Bits from Doki Doki Panic/Super Mario Bros. 2 or even the X-Nauts, Grodus, Lord Crump, all the Thousand Year Door party members, ect. Mainly Mario wise, my dream figures would be nothing but SMRPG, PMTTYD and Subcon action figures.
Stunt race FX would be cool I am surprised it hasn’t happened yet they are all good looking vehicles
But if we are talking about Mario I think warioware characters deserves figurines

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Don't Forget Wario Land
of course but the real question is why dont Nintendo sell these toy products instead of selling the same mario toys over and over again it will print money especially game collectors, disney did good job on this so its weird that nintendo just ignores it and keep selling the same product

Reactions: Dan

Otoad64

Smash Lord
of course but the real question is why dont Nintendo sell these toy products instead of selling the same mario toys over and over again it will print money especially game collectors, disney did good job on this so its weird that nintendo just ignores it and keep selling the same product
they probably don't think they're as marketable as the standard Mario cast

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Because Nintendo and Jakks probably thinks the Mario toys are the only line that will actually make money.

they probably don't think they're as marketable as the standard Mario cast
THIS. They probably think the Mario cast is way more marketable than the casts for Nintendo's other IPs which they're not wrong. But they fear the other lines won't do as well anymore so they just stick to the Mario cast to be safe and go the easy route.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
World of Nintendo just should've broadened its horizons and rightfully died. It is just a corpse being strung along at this point.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
World of Nintendo just should've broadened its horizons and rightfully died. It is just a corpse being strung along at this point.
I think they're slowing killing off that line or at least the 4 inch one which has all the bad*** articulated action figures. They will probably get rid of the 4 inch line soon and just make more of the mini figures and playsets instead as I think that makes them more money. Either way, I think the World of Nintendo brand is dying and Nintendo might take the toy license from Jakks and give it to some other established toy company like Mattel or Hasbro.

Dan

Smash Lord
I think the World of Nintendo brand is dying and Nintendo might take the toy license from Jakks and give it to some other established toy company like Mattel or Hasbro.
That would be amazing. I would hate to see someone restart and make all the same characters again, but it's necessary.

The sad thing is Jakks makes quality figures. They still have to finish off the 4" Koopalings, but with 2.5"ers of Daisy, Nabbit, Wendy and Bowser's Airship on the horizon, that may indeed be the focus.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That would be amazing. I would hate to see someone restart and make all the same characters again, but it's necessary.

The sad thing is Jakks makes quality figures. They still have to finish off the 4" Koopalings, but with 2.5"ers of Daisy, Nabbit, Wendy and Bowser's Airship on the horizon, that may indeed be the focus.
Jakks does make some amazing figures, but what they have been doing with the World of Nintendo line lately has been a little questionable. I'm a wrestling fan so I collect the WWE figures from Mattel. Before Mattel got the WWE figure license, Jakks had it and they did a pretty good job. Mattel is doing it better though. Perhaps Mattel could do a better job at the World of Nintendo line as well if they were given the license.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Because Nintendo and Jakks probably thinks the Mario toys are the only line that will actually make money.

THIS. They probably think the Mario cast is way more marketable than the casts for Nintendo's other IPs which they're not wrong. But they fear the other lines won't do as well anymore so they just stick to the Mario cast to be safe and go the easy route.
Soooooo.....same mindset they have towards Mario Kart rosters?

Why give a spotlight boost to Geno or Dixie or Mona or Kamek when you can just have 7 Marios in silly hats instead?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Soooooo.....same mindset they have towards Mario Kart rosters?

Why give a spotlight boost to Geno or Dixie or Mona or Kamek when you can just have 7 Marios in silly hats instead?
You're right. We the fans don't know **** about culture. But of course, the Mario Kart development team does. :4pacman:

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Which is weird as there are hundreds of things that Nintendo can do that would satisfy BOTH aspects, get them money while making fans happy.
Well, the corporate overheads at NoJ assumes what's best for the company even if it's something most of the fans wouldn't be too excited about. They try to play it too safe and just try to milk their golden cash cows as much as they can without trying to experiment more with their lesser used IPs or new IPs in general. Nintendo nowadays has smaller ***** than in the past as they don't try to be as creative anymore nor they care much about their lesser iconic IPs.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I heavily debated even returning to bother making a post in this thread. For as much good as I've had here, I've had a lot more memories that I'm not particularly fond of. This site often confounds and frustrates me with how people act, and with the lack of Fatman keeping things more interesting for better or worse, I found myself with almost no desire to even see what is being said in this thread. Stack on top of that people I thought were loyal Geno supporters have been turning coat and even attacking their once fellow fans, my own life has been sinking more of my time into other areas, people still come in here to troll and insult us no matter who is or isn't here, and generally speaking the air I feel about this fan base is mostly that y'all have given up and I refuse to embrace such energy ever again.

That said, I've decided to at least make one post here, and for two reasons.

For one, let it never be said that I missed an opportunity to support Geno in Smash ever again after that Starfall Mass-O-Letters we sent Nintendo. Put me on that goddamn list!

Secondly, and arguably more importantly, if I ever were to have something happen to me and I wouldn't be able to post here again, I would be personally devastated if I didn't take the chance to at least post here one more time for what Geno Bros I still have left to talk with. So, hi to all of you that haven't given up on our beloved blue puppet boi and that are cool with me throughout all that has happened. It would be out of character for me to not make an encouraging post, so I'll give it my best.

There are many things I would love to say here, but many of them I either don't have words for or I'm actually not allowed to say, but it would honestly be foolish to count out Geno from Ultimate even at this state. I could tell you that Sakurai gave us proof that Geno's costume doesn't kill his chances, or that we got so many other fan picks that it makes no sense for Sakurai to skip over Geno, or I could go back and repeat some of the things I've said like 9999 times, but instead I'll dumb it down to be as simple as this...

Do you want to be one of those people who gave up on what you wanted, only for it to happen without you?

I highly doubt anyone here would want to give up on Geno and denounce being a supporter of him only to have him shown up as soon as even Challenger Pack 10. I feel like even if no one called you out on it, just knowing you gave up right at the end and now you have to live with yourself after that would be pretty awful, so I would recommend sticking it out even if you aren't as active or gung-ho about it.

That's about all I got for ya guys. My b-day is coming up in a couple months and there is a good chance I will get some more SMRPG stuff, and I'm feeling up for making more content, so if you guys want to see something like that feel free to let me know.

S1itchey

Smash Apprentice
I heavily debated even returning to bother making a post in this thread. For as much good as I've had here, I've had a lot more memories that I'm not particularly fond of. This site often confounds and frustrates me with how people act, and with the lack of Fatman keeping things more interesting for better or worse, I found myself with almost no desire to even see what is being said in this thread. Stack on top of that people I thought were loyal Geno supporters have been turning coat and even attacking their once fellow fans, my own life has been sinking more of my time into other areas, people still come in here to troll and insult us no matter who is or isn't here, and generally speaking the air I feel about this fan base is mostly that y'all have given up and I refuse to embrace such energy ever again.

That said, I've decided to at least make one post here, and for two reasons.

For one, let it never be said that I missed an opportunity to support Geno in Smash ever again after that Starfall Mass-O-Letters we sent Nintendo. Put me on that goddamn list!

Secondly, and arguably more importantly, if I ever were to have something happen to me and I wouldn't be able to post here again, I would be personally devastated if I didn't take the chance to at least post here one more time for what Geno Bros I still have left to talk with. So, hi to all of you that haven't given up on our beloved blue puppet boi and that are cool with me throughout all that has happened. It would be out of character for me to not make an encouraging post, so I'll give it my best.

There are many things I would love to say here, but many of them I either don't have words for or I'm actually not allowed to say, but it would honestly be foolish to count out Geno from Ultimate even at this state. I could tell you that Sakurai gave us proof that Geno's costume doesn't kill his chances, or that we got so many other fan picks that it makes no sense for Sakurai to skip over Geno, or I could go back and repeat some of the things I've said like 9999 times, but instead I'll dumb it down to be as simple as this...

Do you want to be one of those people who gave up on what you wanted, only for it to happen without you?

I highly doubt anyone here would want to give up on Geno and denounce being a supporter of him only to have him shown up as soon as even Challenger Pack 10. I feel like even if no one called you out on it, just knowing you gave up right at the end and now you have to live with yourself after that would be pretty awful, so I would recommend sticking it out even if you aren't as active or gung-ho about it.

That's about all I got for ya guys. My b-day is coming up in a couple months and there is a good chance I will get some more SMRPG stuff, and I'm feeling up for making more content, so if you guys want to see something like that feel free to let me know.
I havent completely given up on geno in smash BUT I'm safely assuming hes not coming to smash at this point. There's no reason to think that square would ever come through for us on this after what's happened. With how this fighters pass has been going it's safe to assume we wont be seeing anybody who doesn't have some big game or advertisable thing to market because that's just how nintendo works. I would be absolutely ecstatic if geno got in but I'm also going to be cautious about this and say that it would take a miracle to get geno in at this point.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I know it may sound weird but I think Geno Mii aka Sample 15 should become a SMRPG character it would be funny similar to how Dark pit became a thing after the brawl skin
I even had brought him to Tomodachi Life years ago

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Since a thread finally reopened, gonna share my thoughts.
I am 100% sure, personally, that Geno is not getting in after the Mii costume being added, and with a Square character also being already present. Sure, there's no rule that two characters from the same company cannot be added in the same pass, but with the costume being added just two fighters ago...

However I am really curious how well Geno scored during the ballot. He did get a costume already in Smash 4, and was one of the four spirits allowed in the base game from Square Enix. Even Sakurai back in the day commented on the popularity of this character.

If Geno was to somehow happen, his only chance would be as a post-pass bonus. That's it. But he's always been a fascinating case for Smash where he marked the memories of so many people despite only appearing once.

Good luck. You guys deserve him.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Since a thread finally reopened, gonna share my thoughts.
I am 100% sure, personally, that Geno is not getting in after the Mii costume being added, and with a Square character also being already present. Sure, there's no rule that two characters from the same company cannot be added in the same pass, but with the costume being added just two fighters ago...

However I am really curious how well Geno scored during the ballot. He did get a costume already in Smash 4, and was one of the four spirits allowed in the base game from Square Enix. Even Sakurai back in the day commented on the popularity of this character.

If Geno was to somehow happen, his only chance would be as a post-pass bonus. That's it. But he's always been a fascinating case for Smash where he marked the memories of so many people despite only appearing once.

Good luck. You guys deserve him.
God, I can't stay away! I see people being down about Geno's chances and it pulls me back in with the desire to give hope for my boi.

I CAN'T ESCAPE! SOMEONE GIVE ME A SEE YA! I NEED TO GET OUTTA HERE!

More importantly, Geno's costume doesn't mean anything towards his chances at all. This was a common misconception that basically all Geno fans (including myself and The Janitor) believed and we held on for dear life ever since MCW2. First and foremost, every single 3rd party costume is coming back: now we are only missing Lloyd, and his costume can come back with literally whoever they want, much like they already have for other costumes. Means nothing about his chances though, because as I mentioned before Pyra/Mythra we had 80%+ of the returning 3rd party costumes already and were only missing three, which is now down to one. It's clear that the intent to resell all the 3rd party costumes was there since the beginning of DLC development and thus wouldn't affect who was negotiated for and certainly won't in the future.

As for Square and their characters, it's silly to think that Sakurai or Nintendo would not get a character people wanted within their realm of possibility just because they already got another character from the same company. I will say that it has thus far been a pattern for it to not be as such, but with the number of big requests being slowly fulfilled it's not impossible to double dip that spicy Square chip, especially considering that Square arguably has the biggest library of character requests rivaled only by maybe Capcom. This is also a view that is limited with the mindset that Pass 2 is the end of DLC when we have many things that suggest otherwise, but I can't blame you for having the same mindset as most of the Smash community when they kinda force you to either samethink or it's wrongthink.

Last thing I will say is that ARMS and XBC2 both missed their chance at base because of Ultimate being in late development when these games were in early or mid-development. We got ARMS costumes, spirits and Spring Man AT and Rex costume and XBC2 spirits and music as a sort of consolation prize. Both of these series got a character and more content later on, and both of them were not the character we expected. However, not a single thing implies that Spring Man or Rex got passed over due to this prior content, in fact we have evidence that Spring Man is all about timing and Rex is simply design limitations. Had ARMS got a rep in base game, it likely would have been Spring Man, but the game was allowed to grow and the developers and fans to evolve, so instead Min Min was picked. Rex never had a chance since having that many character models of that detail was too much too handle, and you can't exclude either one of the girls, so Rex was the clear choice.

Thus, if Geno doesn't get in by the end of Ultimate's lifecycle (which is highly unlikely for a number of other reasons that I don;t have time to get into right now), it won't be because of a stupid Mii Costume: it would simply be because Square or Nintendo said no at the end of the day, or Sakurai and Co somehow couldn't make it happen, and I'm sure we all know the likelihood of these are very unprobable.

Though I find it interesting you mention post-pass bonus, as we have evidence one already existed for Pass 1. Geno isn't really a bonus choice unlike say Waluigi, so it's much more likely he either is one of the last two or he will be early in whatever way content continues for Smash Ultimate in the future.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Man ForsakenM ForsakenM , I miss your long posts as well as Fatman's. You, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , Malo Mart Malo Mart , OffBi OffBi and Franco Geno Franco Geno made my time in the Geno thread worth while. It was fun discussing with y'all. I really miss those days.
i have been been in smashboards since 2014 and i gotta say smash ultimate Geno disscussion was the most exciting one, seeing the whole Geno hype train going like Ridley left a mark on this website that surely cant be be forgotten.

just see what Geno has gone through

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord

Here's my one grain of hope: remember how K. Rool and Banjo were trolled in their "fake-out" reveals? They could do something similar to that where it's the Mii costume coming to life... anything is possible, but I'm not counting on it. Sakurai does have a boner for trolling "boomer picks" though.

It is literally so bizarre that K. Rool was upgraded from costume to playable, Ridley from stage boss to playable and Banjo just becomes playable with never having any presence in the series while Geno was a costume and just became a costume again. We all could've lived with a deluxe, but that was somehow asking too much.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
It is literally so bizarre that K. Rool was upgraded from costume to playable, Ridley from stage boss to playable and Banjo just becomes playable with never having any presence in the series while Geno was a costume and just became a costume again. We all could've lived with a deluxe, but that was somehow asking too much.
Yet another thing that honestly is good for the puppet.

All these other long-term requests get granted and Geno just misses out?

Yeah no, that's stupid and anyone who believes something like that is being pessimistic. You can't be pessimistic and be a Geno fan, we've been fighting too long for this.

S1itchey

Smash Apprentice
Yet another thing that honestly is good for the puppet.

All these other long-term requests get granted and Geno just misses out?

Yeah no, that's stupid and anyone who believes something like that is being pessimistic. You can't be pessimistic and be a Geno fan, we've been fighting too long for this.
I mean I can honestly see a situation where this happens. I can see sakurai managing to get Ridley and k.rool since they're first party and easy to add in. Phil Spencer was just a cool guy and wanted to see banjo get in for the fans. But square? Why should I believe in them to add geno? As much I'd like to I've taken the costume coming back as square openly acknowledging that they know people want geno in smash but they dont give a **** what we want because they dont care about him. I'm still hoping he gets in but honestly I cant reasonably expect square or nintendo to actually come through for us.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Square-enix has always been the biggest barrier to Geno
I am pretty sure both Sakurai and Nintendo understands the demand of Geno but Square-Enix don’t understand it so I think we should somehow try to inform square-enix about that.
I remember over the years there has been many attempts to contact Nintendo about using the SMRPG contents and we got responds from that but we didn’t focus on informing square-enix.
We had Mario hoops and fortune streets and Mario sport mix but which all made by square-enix but the SMRPG contents were not there which shows that square-enix may have no idea about demand so they dismissed it and left SMRPG dead just like chrono trigger fans.
To this day Geno is still being introduced as a cameo and this has to be broken.

Last edited:
Top Bottom