• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
1. He may not KNOW he was correct in the information he heard. If both were always intended to come back, the one he didn't know about just came back first.
I doubt he would react that way if he knew both would come back. And maybe it's just me, but that reaction comes as cross as genuine from a fan that was hoping like the rest of us.

Here he quote tweet Gamxplain link towards their reaction, writing " This is a sad day for Geno fans everywhere"
Judging by these two tweets, he went out of his disappointment like the rest of us.

Here is another thing though. Why would they bring him back with Sephiroth like it was nothing then?
I can´t recall who wrote it, but wouldn´t the use of the Mii Costume be a perfect scenario of "psyche he is in" as if the Mii Gunner runs around, to then have the real Geno KO him, be it through a reveal trailer or it being the "one more thing"? Also, speaking of fanrules. Why is Geno the exception, but the likes of Travis, Heihachi is not when it comes to still have a shot?

Don´t get me wrong, I would love to see him being a fighter, but I don´t see how the costume isn´t a nail in the coffin. Especially since it´s not just a carbon copy. They went out of their way to update it.

According to Imran, real people saw the prototype of the game and it's development, it was likely a concept Retro was working on to see if it can become a real game, some people saw it and spread the word about it, the game ended up being rejected and it kinda went on from there.
Source on that part?

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
You know I was just joking.
Sometimes it’s hard to seperate satire and intent on the internet, especially when I have seen plenty of fellow Daisy fans use the excuse of her role in Super Mario Land to technically satisfy the fanrule and in the same breath throw Waluigi and to a lesser extent Geno under the bus because of it.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
We already have a character who was literally picked before their game was even finished. If a character in those circumstances can make it into the "hall of fame" for video games, then Geno already more than qualifies.
Except that's a first party character. I thought it was obvious but I should have been clear those are exceptions. And lol I got an infraction for that original post. I think the mods beleive Geno supporters are on suicide watch or something, and the slightest micro aggression might set them off.

Ah well, apart from rockstars and hall of fame, in house promotion is the other thing thats important. Its more like if you're a superstart we'll invite you into what is otherwise a first party celebration

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Except that's a first party character. I thought it was obvious but I should have been clear those are exceptions. And lol I got an infraction for that original post. I think the mods beleive Geno supporters are on suicide watch or something, and the slightest micro aggression might set them off.

Ah well, apart from rockstars and hall of fame, in house promotion is the other thing thats important. Its more like if you're a superstart we'll invite you into what is otherwise a first party celebration
I don’t think Piranha Plant needs the top-of-the-business PR to be honest

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also I’ve supported Daisy too long to see “characters that broke fanrules” list exclude her. She was “a spin-off character” before she got revealed first and foremost.
Yep. I totally admit I regularly **** on Daisy for this in the Brawl days. There's been good number of times that Sakurai has done the seemingly impossible and its disregarded in future cases. Making all 7 Koopalings playable? Adding characters he openly rejected like Villager and Ridley? Getting four of the Dragon Quest Heros in one fighter when Square admitted themselves that they had never allowed these characters to appear together side by side in a game before? The fact we now have not one but two Microsoft characters?

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
That just made me realize Sephiroth didn't tie into any amiibo releases. Maybe a sign that he and whatever amiibos were supposed to come with him were separated cause of how much this year sucks?
Actually, there were some restocks a few days ago before Sephiroth's presents:

Last edited:

The_Hypist

Smash Rookie
And now I just realized they took time to gush over every costume except our ****ty faceless Mii Costume, which we got a full Squeenix pass late for no reason except elongating the torture for another year.

Everything that could possibly have gone wrong did. But don't worry. We'll have a Smash 6 to once again get the ****ty Mii Costume. Maybe this time delayed to the very end of the DLC cycle. Actually no wait. Maybe 5 years after Smash 6 DLC ends. Maybe without even a body around the Mii this time.

And don't forget, there's plenty of people to point fingers and laugh harder than ever. All of who were validated after two years of saying awful things to me while I walk away worse than I was when I started. They get to say the worst things to me and get *ing rewarded for it and I'm powerless to do * about it or about this game. But why is it bad? If they got validation, clearly they were right? Clearly I deserved all this!

But I can't say a goddamn thing about it because then I'm "Toxic" and "entitled" and a "genope." And that's ignoring the fact that it won't even be a special game with every single character back and fanservice for specific groups of fans. Does it even matter if Geno gets in Smash 6? You know it's not going to be the same, it was only going to happen once and it didn't. IT DIDN'T.

And that's the most I can say about this without getting the thread locked. I'm going to do I acutally don't even *ing know what. Today crushed me on a level I didn't even think was possible after Sepiroth's reveal. What the * did I do? For real?

God ****ing damn it.
Saw your post on 4chan and wanted to give you my support.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Something that has been mentioned in previous posts is that indeed, Fighters Pass Vol. 2 came to break fan-made rules. Heck, even the base game broke some fan-made rules as well. From what we can gather (excuses if I miss one or two) we've had,

Base Game Broken Fan Rules
  • Ridley is "too big".
  • King K. Rool hasn't been the main villain in Donkey Kong games; he's "irrelevant" now.
Fighters Pass Broken Fan Rules
  • Banjo & Kazooie will never be in Smash. They're owned by a rival Company and haven't been in a new game for years.
  • There's no way they'll add another Fire Emblem character.
  • DLC characters will only be from series yet to be represented in Smash.
Fighters Pass Vol. 2 Broken Fan Rules
  • Spirits deconfirm characters.
  • There's no way a Third Party will double dip on DLC (hi Microsoft and Square Enix)
  • Square Enix is soo stingy with their content (hi Sephiroth)
There are surely other fan rules still being held up, of which two that come to mind are,
  • Assist Trophies deconfirm characters.
  • Mii Costumes deconfirm characters.
Ultimate's DLC cycle ain't over yet, and there are quite a number of characters that can be the champions to break either of these two fan-made rules plus some that have already been broken.
The spirit one is the only real fan rule

Urso_Ornitier

Smash Apprentice
I doubt he would react that way if he knew both would come back. And maybe it's just me, but that reaction comes as cross as genuine from a fan that was hoping like the rest of us.

Here he quote tweet Gamxplain link towards their reaction, writing " This is a sad day for Geno fans everywhere"
Judging by these two tweets, he went out of his disappointment like the rest of us.

Here is another thing though. Why would they bring him back with Sephiroth like it was nothing then?
I can´t recall who wrote it, but wouldn´t the use of the Mii Costume be a perfect scenario of "psyche he is in" as if the Mii Gunner runs around, to then have the real Geno KO him, be it through a reveal trailer or it being the "one more thing"? Why is Geno the exception, but the likes of Travis, Heihachi are not?

Source on that part?
I'm a fan that was hoping like the rest of you all too. I just stepped back to look at logical possibilities instead of falling into instant depression.

Text based tweets with generic phrasing doesn't really change that. However, even if he is sad, that doesn't change that people may be covering for the idea that they may have gotten something wrong by saying, "lol, I was joking, sorry dude".

They may have gotten it correctly and just not known we were getting both. People go a long way to protect their identity/reputation for their job.

I also answered why they would bring him back like he was nothing in my 1st, 2nd... third! (It was the third) post in this forum.

So, now that I have an account to post with, here is my thoughts on Geno after the presentation. I am sure everyone wants to know.

(Disclaimer: This is not based on any sort of leaked or non-confirmed, this is based solely on how things played out yesterday and my opinion following it all)

I believe Geno still has a chance to make it in.

1. Geno not being deluxe actually makes me feel good here. We have plenty of characters that are playing and have generic costume attributes. I don’t think the order they are presented in matter, just that this fact exists.

2. No music tracks coming with Geno, but two tracks being taken down specifically by Nintendo doesn’t sit correctly with me. If it was just Forest that was taken down, I wouldn’t be skeptical about it. Having two being taken and only one used is weird.

The tracks being taken down by Nintendo make me want to believe that Nintendo now owns the rights to these songs. Providing no foul play is at hand. We all know how sketchy YouTube’s copyright system is.

3. Sakurai said not a word about Geno. This is very out of character. He knows the level of love this character has and he shares this sentiment with us. He knows the level of support Geno is getting and if he feels this is going to be a permanent blow, he would have said something. I am basing this completely off of Sakurai’s character.

Until he says something in a famitsu column, we’re pretty safe.
(I hope the spoiler drop down thing worked)
(Quote worked better)

Last edited:

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I don’t think Piranha Plant needs the top-of-the-business PR to be honest
I think they made a last minute decision to incorporate a new Mario character into the series, and Piranha plants was chosen. That's why he is the awkward middle ground between basegame and fighters pass 1

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Yep. I totally admit I regularly **** on Daisy for this in the Brawl days. There's been good number of times that Sakurai has done the seemingly impossible and its disregarded in future cases. Making all 7 Koopalings playable? Adding characters he openly rejected like Villager and Ridley? Getting four of the Dragon Quest Heros in one fighter when Square admitted themselves that they had never allowed these characters to appear together side by side in a game before? The fact we now have not one but two Microsoft characters?
Yeah, that’s also a good point regarding fanrules. Just because Sakurai went above and beyond doesn’t mean speculators never had a good reason to rate these scenarios as unlikely. It’s only through the fandom game of telephone and the power of hindsight that “unlikely” turns into “you thought it was impossible but you were wrong”

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Counterpoint:

download (21).jpeg

Bayonetta is not even in the top 10 SEGA franchise wise. Even the combined total of the whole series doesn't even allow it to break the top 40 best selling SEGA games. Literally just the original release of SMRPG on the SNES has sold more than both Bayonetta games combined at roughly 2.1 million copies sold.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
To anyone who thinks people are overreacting about people bullying Geno fans, here's a bit of proof. Even actual news sites are ragging on us. This article from dualshocker is literally entitled "Based Sakurai Finally Saves Super Smash Bros Ultimate from Geno Begging Fanboys". This is why we complain about our treatment and tend to be extra sensitive to detractors.

News article

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Counterpoint:

View attachment 296365

Bayonetta is not even in the top 10 SEGA franchise wise. Even the combined total of the whole series doesn't even allow it to break the top 40 best selling SEGA games. Literally just the original release of SMRPG on the SNES has sold more than both Bayonetta games combined at roughly 2.1 million copies sold.
Bayonetta got lucky that her second game was released one month prior to Smash 4 WiiU (the same month as N3DS IIRC), thus she was in the head on many people (the non-hardcore smash fans, people that don’t visit this forums) when smash ballot went online. Thats how she got too many votes (I voted her, Bayonetta 2 is one of the best action-games of all time), and its likely that Nintendo was interested on promoting her in order to popularize a bit more her brand.

Timing is a very important factor when a character gets into smash, just ask corrin and byleth lol.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I did. Was just having some malfunctions with posting. It appeared after a few edits.
I checked those now, and no offense, but I don´t see how these are "legit reasons"
A) He has only talked about the Mii Costumes when they are deluxe which Geno ain´t, and like I also said. This Geno costume ain´t a carbon copy like the other costumes has been. It has been polished up.

B) You expect me to believe that Geno is only getting 2 songs (based on the takedowns) but Final Fantasy 7 is getting 9? They are probably taking them down because of sending a message (take down the music) + them using beware of the forest mushroom in the trailer.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I checked those now, and no offense, but I don´t see how these are "legit reasons"
A) He has only talked about the Mii Costumes when they are deluxe which Geno ain´t, and like I also said. This Geno costume ain´t a carbon copy like the other costumes has been. It has been polished up.

B) You expect me to believe that Geno is only getting 2 songs (based on the takedowns) but Final Fantasy 7 is getting 9? They are probably taking them down because of sending a message (take down the music) + them using beware of the forest mushroom in the trailer.
To be fair, Geno getting only two wouldn't be unusual because there's precedent. Both Cloud and Corrin only got two tracks in Smash 4 and Hero's music spread is literally two tracks per game/ALT.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Does anyone feels like Geno's inclusion in Smash as a playable character would diminish the game's roster? Smash Ultimate has kind of become a game for the industry rockstars or hall of famers, and wouldn't including a character like Geno(one game, non protagonist, 25 years ago) diminish the honor of what it means for a character to get into smash even despite his cult following?

That's how I felt when Wii fit trainer was revealed. When ice climbers (their game wasn't even very popular or good!) was added....Piranha plant? In theory, SEPHIROTH is supposed to be on part with a random Piranha plant. Duck hunt was a non protagonist from one game even longer ago.
Going on, I've gotten pretty tired on seeing this recurring from detractors against first party/Nintendo-centric reqursts, with how 3rd Party-series in Smash have received their spot due being pop culture icons or being from highest-selling games of all time etc - which explains why they're given the spot on Ultimate's roster over these "nobodies" (currently missing popular/still-in-demand first party requests)... when in the end, it just ends up giving the merely fodder to this... kind of content:

(And technically speaking, what else is there to relate these two IPs aside from their holy spots of Videogame Hall of Fame?)

I might probably make some folk here perplexed saying this but I feel just this kinda looks silly and belonging to wacky internet animations from 2000s when you remove the whole "Hall of Fame Videogame"-context from this. That is why I have harder time kinda accepting Smash's current "form" today over it's former, more consistent celebration of Nintendo's own legacy across it's own glory years. I guess it feels like Smash decided to "sell itself out" to audiences beyond it's original geared fanbases and communities from company's own market.

Now, plenty most likely love having all these videogame's well-known icons and beyond duke it out,but I'd be not surprised if this would only serve to create more friction incase this won't stay consistent - especially with Nintendo wanting to promote their own series or characters from it's own legacy.

It'd easily lead for the current fanbases to have a new Byleth to hate on in the future: in case one of the last slots would go to someone non-3rd Party like Dixie Kong, Isaac... or, I must unfortunately say, especially Geno. :025:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Though to be fair, Super Mario Land is an official mainline game.

The argument is pretty silly, though. Geno is a main character from a side game. Also, that "Mario Quality Team" is for the Super Mario series. It has nothing to do with Smash itself. That said, it's not impossible that Miyamoto wouldn't allow Waluigi to be in cause he does have some oddities about he views the series. I doubt this is the case and Waluigi is more likely to be lower priority. He didn't even get a full costume, after all. Hell, Dixie Kong didn't either(though she'd have been more awkward, as we saw with King K. Rool back then. He likely realized it's... better as a hat idea at best), and she was hard planned for the game. Just being from Nintendo clearly isn't enough either.

It's safe to say Miyamoto isn't why Geno is still a costume. It's likely Nintendo having a different character priority. They chose all the characters, after all. And SMRPG is actually difficult to re-release, so it's not entirely impossible they figured it's hard to use him in a promotional enough manner akin to Min Min(or how Banjo & Kazooie was overall active enough to promote, which considering MInecraft was involved, well... business applied to clearly both series. It wasn't just fan favorites, yeah).

Urso_Ornitier

Smash Apprentice

Might help if you read the disclaimer. It was never meant for you to believe or not. It was meant based off of my ideas. My opinion on the music was also in the same post. It is very well possible that we would only be getting two tracks. Look at the (pun intended) track record for Cloud and Hero.

As for whether you believe it or not. That's on you. We aren't here to make facts, we're here to make possibilities or ideas that can lead to fact. I won't force you to a decision.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Galaxy brain idea:

SMRPG gets a rerelease of some kind, be it Link’s Awakening remake style or a NSO drop or somewhere in-between.

And in order to celebrate it we get a stage, like we got the Mario Maker stage in Smash 4. Two songs, behind-the-scenes chatter but still accounts for Geno costume since he’s not playable.

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
To anyone who thinks people are overreacting about people bullying Geno fans, here's a bit of proof. Even actual news sites are ragging on us. This article from dualshocker is literally entitled "Based Sakurai Finally Saves Super Smash Bros Ultimate from Geno Begging Fanboys". This is why we complain about our treatment and tend to be extra sensitive to detractors.

News article
For those who don’t want to click the link to support them, here you go:
184DF942-B296-46E5-9EB2-79B6BA04098F.jpeg
61968898-06F2-4BDD-B296-8CC8E61EC97A.jpeg
B1B0C8F3-FB15-4580-9D2A-AA3A8DB2DC5E.jpeg

Seems like a journalist who’s just going out of their way to piss people off for clicks, not worth anyone’s time

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
To be fair, Geno getting only two wouldn't be unusual because there's precedent. Both Cloud and Corrin only got two tracks in Smash 4 and Hero's music spread is literally two tracks per game/ALT.
Final Fantasy is a legal nightmare when it comes to licensing. Sakurai even hinted towards that, pointing out why Cloud only got 2 songs in the first place. And you expect me to believe that, if Geno would after everything is set and done, only been given 2 songs? Someone from an IP that is not even close in the same legal nightmare like Final Fantasy is? When the composer is even working with Sakurai with the music? Sorry, but I don´t buy it in the slightest.

Edit -To put what I mean in perspective. Maximilian Dood, who is an extreme Final Fantasy geek, and knows a **** ton of how Square Enix operates. Do you know what he said in a stream when he played with Sephiroth? He said that if it were not for Sakurai´s influence, getting access to Sephiroth + Cloud like the way Nintendo has with Ultimate, would have cost them equal to the budget for the entire base game. that´s how big of a hurdle FF is. So again, sorry if I´m not believing that Geno would only be arriving with two songs.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I just don't understand why they didn't give Geno an assist trophy in the base game.

It's weird because some of the other notable Brawl era requests that didn't make it still got something for their troubles. Isaac, in addition to getting a Mii outfit, also got his assist trophy from Brawl back, but now hugely upgraded with a more diverse movepool/AI. Likewise Krystal made her first physical active appearance in anything since 2006 as an AT, actually making more use of her staff than she did in SF Adventures. And yet all Geno got in the base game was a mere PNG, and then his Mii outfit from Smash 4 with barely any updates.

I know the Smash community dreads AT reveals but...well, it's not like Geno not getting the same treatment made him anymore likelier in the long run. At least the band-aid would of been ripped off for his fanbase right away, just as it was for Isaac fans, and he would of been allowed to actually make a full proper appearance in Smash, with an entire 3D model and everything. People in that timeline would of obviously been pissed of course, but it's still better than this timeline where they made the fanbase wait for two whole years only to get nothing but the same Mii outfit from Smash 4.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I'm getting such a huge kick outta this!!! Aand maybe it might be me, but even someone like Sephiroth could get tired in his constantly high-revered role of super-villain in videogame pop culture, and want to kick back sometimes.

Honestly, I wish we received more casual, heartfelt comics like these in style of Brawl in the Family. I feel the current Smash-fanbase + community has been reveling in a bit too much junk-foody "haha-funny-memes"-content creation, or mockery-centric art that only serves to alienate and create more toxic friction between the innumerable fanbases within this series. :025:
I really miss that comic. The smash fanbase had peaked at that point.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Why do you care about these people ? You want me to believe you don't care, but you're only posting about them. They are as much dumb as dumb people can be on the internet, "geno haters" aren't special. This thread seem to talk way more about geno haters than people are actually hating. As always, vocal minority probably makes it look bigger.

You always want to look like the victims, but the fault is only on yourselves. When you claim stuff like Geno should be more important to Nintendo's eyes than Sephiroth, Sora, Lara Croft or even Waluigi, you deserve to be mocked because you're only spreading misinformation. There is no reason you should be free to do that while misinformation is already the plague of the internet. The most virulent "haters" are mostly dumb people who wants to defend their most wanted because you offended them by belittling their character, and they're only the dumb ones among all the smash fans you offended, most people simply assume you're all dumb and go on. If they were just evil like you seem to describe them, they would hate everyone, not just Geno.

You're the only supporting community that regularly **** on others characters, and this is the only reason why you get this hate. Sorry but you're not the victim of a worldwide conspiration that was born to hate Geno...

If you all still want to cultivate your ignorance and make these kind of bold claims, you should make them in private like everyone does, this thread doesn't belong to your community, it belongs to the smash community, everything you say here can offend people outside of this thread. This is a public thread and everyone should be responsible of what they say in public.

After all this years, you all still don't seem to understand why people like to mock this thread, and that's why people continue to do it (this is a quite typical pattern). Or maybe you're all trolls and like to be in this situation and that's why you're not doing anything to fix it, then you would have no right to complain. If this is the case, trolling is still bad but at least it's good entertainment to me. I still like this thread for being the source of interesting information if I ignore the Geno bias.
This is all wrong.

The majority of the Geno fanbase is nice and reasonable, not crapping on others’ characters nor making dumb claims. We care about this crap because it’s annoying and insane, people flinging crap at others over videogame characters of all the actually bad frickin things they could be flinging crap at someone over.

I don’t see why you expect all Geno fans to shape up and “fix” the toxic minority when they’re human too and probably won’t listen to us, and some of us don’t even experience them until someone posts a screencap of them; I’ve only experienced a few or so dudes who bothered me when I saw their posts/replies to people, and I have argued or said stuff pointing out flaws in their arguments or trollish-seeming stuff or have just stated my thoughts hoping they take them in consideration, with me not being the only one, but most if not all of them don’t listen.

By this logic, you should be saying this to every community in existence. Every community has a group of toxic individuals. We’re not unique in that case either. And a lot of us if not all of us care about stopping the hate against all character fanbases.

The Geno fanbase also isn’t the only one who had to put up with this crap, as other fanbases do too and ones like Banjo, Ridley, and K. Rool have had to as well, it just feels like the trolls are focusing on Geno right now but they’ll likely move on to other characters’ fans if they’re not already attacking them alongside Geno fans.

You also don’t seem to actually be looking at the hate. A lot of trolls are crapping on Geno fans simply for wanting and expecting Geno, that somehow making us delusional, and they don’t say anything about defending their character’s fanbase. They’re just stupid narcissistic trolls, doing this crap to Geno fans and others.

And this may be a public thread, but it’s still meant to be about Geno, unless you want to say people have the right to mock and belittle every character support thread in this forum and every character’s fanbase. Yeah, they do have the “right” to mock us, I guess, unfortunately, but that doesn’t make them good people, frickin generalizing us based on a small toxic minority and cherry-picking the minority’s posts and other toxic bullcrap, and doing this to others as well...if you actually looked at what’s actually going on, and actually informed yourself of what people say on both sides instead of seeing just a few things and generalizing everyone, you wouldn’t be saying any of this.

Last edited:

S1itchey

Smash Apprentice

News article
Merry Christmas to us i guess

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
I just don't understand why they didn't give Geno an assist trophy in the base game.

It's weird because some of the other notable Brawl era requests that didn't make it still got something for their troubles. Isaac, in addition to getting a Mii outfit, also got his assist trophy from Brawl back, but now hugely upgraded with a more diverse movepool/AI. Likewise Krystal made her first physical active appearance in anything since 2006 as an AT, actually making more use of her staff than she did in SF Adventures. And yet all Geno got in the base game was a mere PNG, and then his Mii outfit from Smash 4 with barely any updates.

I know the Smash community dreads AT reveals but...well, it's not like Geno not getting the same treatment made him anymore likelier in the long run. At least the band-aid would of been ripped off for his fanbase right away, just as it was for Isaac fans, and he would of been allowed to actually make a full proper appearance in Smash, with an entire 3D model and everything. People in that timeline would of obviously been pissed of course, but it's still better than this timeline where they made the fanbase wait for two whole years only to get nothing but the same Mii outfit from Smash 4.
Ik the costume was a disappointment but I still rather take that than an assist. Trust me as a Shadow fan, At least i can somewhat pretend I'm play as Geno.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Why do you care about these people ? You want me to believe you don't care, but you're only posting about them. They are as much dumb as dumb people can be on the internet, "geno haters" aren't special. This thread seem to talk way more about geno haters than people are actually hating. As always, vocal minority probably makes it look bigger.

You always want to look like the victims, but the fault is only on yourselves. When you claim stuff like Geno should be more important to Nintendo's eyes than Sephiroth, Sora, Lara Croft or even Waluigi, you deserve to be mocked because you're only spreading misinformation. There is no reason you should be free to do that while misinformation is already the plague of the internet. The most virulent "haters" are mostly dumb people who wants to defend their most wanted because you offended them by belittling their character, and they're only the dumb ones among all the smash fans you offended, most people simply assume you're all dumb and go on. If they were just evil like you seem to describe them, they would hate everyone, not just Geno.

You're the only supporting community that regularly **** on others characters, and this is the only reason why you get this hate. Sorry but you're not the victim of a worldwide conspiration that was born to hate Geno...

If you all still want to cultivate your ignorance and make these kind of bold claims, you should make them in private like everyone does, this thread doesn't belong to your community, it belongs to the smash community, everything you say here can offend people outside of this thread. This is a public thread and everyone should be responsible of what they say in public.

After all this years, you all still don't seem to understand why people like to mock this thread, and that's why people continue to do it (this is a quite typical pattern). Or maybe you're all trolls and like to be in this situation and that's why you're not doing anything to fix it, then you would have no right to complain. If this is the case, trolling is still bad but at least it's good entertainment to me. I still like this thread for being the source of interesting information if I ignore the Geno bias.
To be perfectly honest, I don't entirely disagree with you. Some of the regulars in this thread are the most toxic people I've met in smash speculation. They even **** on me, a fellow Geno fan, when I dare to mention a character like King Boo or something. The problem is that those people don't represent all Geno fans. The majority of us just sit around here and hope for our character, and we get bullied by people who lump us all in with the vocal minority who acts the way you describe. Most of us are entirely harmless, and it really sucks for us to get ****ted on by the rest of the smash fanbase because SOME Geno fans that we don't like either act like assholes.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Ik the costume was a disappointment but I still rather take that than an assist. Trust me as a Shadow fan, At least i can somewhat pretend I'm play as Geno.
I mean, there's nothing saying he couldn't be an assist trophy and a Mii fighter outfit at the same time. Isaac, Black Knight, Zero, Knuckles, and so on are both, so Geno could of been too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom