• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well I guess that’s it then let’s hope for smash 6

And as for sephiroth s classic mode oh come on that should be a option For every character not just sephiroth

plus they could have thrown in cloud with the final stage

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Ladies and gents, it's been an honor serving with you all. Looks like I'm going to have to port my Geno Mii from my Wii U, it made the costume look good. (I made a better Mii than Nintendo tends to use for their Mii examples.)

My support still remains, and hopefully there are still more chances for Geno to return. If discussion around here continues, I'll continue to lurk and occasional post like I do now. Remember to take everything in stride; breathe, take a walk, drink some water. Do what you need to do.

Me? I've got a one-winged angel to kill.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We need to vote with our wallets... let's all buy Geno's Mii costume.
We already did it was called the smash ballot and that clearly didn’t get anywhere.
Clearly nobody cares about Geno, that's why him getting a COSTUME is trending on twitter.
View attachment 296048
The sad part is most of true tweets are probably because of people making fun of Geno supporters not actually caring or upset he’s a costume.
So what now with Fatman that there's no 2B costume?
Like I said earlier, this means no mallow or smithy costume either, which means they probably had real info but were also fed fake info.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Well boys, they ripped off the bandaid real ****ing quick this time.

I even had my Geno Blast shirt on, bought 7-Up and Starburst, Moon Pies and Cosmic Brownies and none of it saved our boy because the ritual couldn;t be done in time.

I don't want to gloat on something that makes us all sad, but I do want to point out that the costume doesn't look all that much changed if at all, and certainly isn't a Deluxe with music. I told you all constantly that it made no sense to upgrade the costume, but it also made no sense to hold onto it for this long only to show it now.

I guess after all these years Square just refused to work with Sakurai on Geno, wanted someone more iconic, or Nintendo said they don;t want him over someone more profitable. I really don't know what the case is, but in the coming months we will likely get a Famitsu Column that will give us answers on why it didn't happen yet again.

Man, and I was all fired up to make a Bleach meme about Ichigo vs Byakuga and Geno avoiding being costumed in two waves, but he just didn't make it.

I still hold out hope but I will admit it's more out of just pure hope and desperately wanting the lad instead of being confident in his inclusion. I understand anyone who gives up at this point, but not those who gave up before hand.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
Square Enix, do the Geno fans a solid and sell the character to Nintendo.

:\ It's great to see another generic anime swordsman with another generic swordsman moveset bloat this roster that already has too much copy+pasting:\

There's ZERO hype for any future character in this terrible franchise. It's more than likely going to be ANOTHER generic anime swordsman with ANOTHER generic swordsman moveset from a game that ALREADY has MORE THAN ENOUGH representation, or ANOTHER forgettable side character NO ONE wanted, OR ANOTHER forgettable, bland character.

God I hate smash's roster.
Relax.

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
On the plus side, Geno being deconfirmed means that I can go into each coming announcement with a clean slate of expectations: I won’t be disappointed when it’s not Geno, so it might make the remaining slots better for me.

Anyone else feel this way?
My issue is I'm not quite sure who to rally behind. Everything just seemed to line up for Geno

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Well everyone, that's that. The ride is over and Geno got costumed.

I can only offer this meme as perhaps a source of laughter in the face of such a defeat. It's been real; despite me shooting my mouth off from time to time, I really was pulling for Geno and was sure it would be his time.

Take it easy ya'll

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
Wow! I can’t wait time play as Sephiroth! They even had things I hope come with him! Also I thought I would be freaking out when Geno’s Mii Costume would come back and I always thought it wouldn’t come back with Sephiroth! But it did! And I was freaking out! Now I can play with it when it comes out! I still think he’ll be a fighter!!

drewber2635

Smash Cadet
Ill be buying the costume guys. If we want them to hear us we (unfortunately) have to speak with our wallets. But I hope it does way more than they expect so they can see that Geno is very wanted

Heoj

Smash Ace
So... about this presentation, i mean, they ripped the bandaid off early... i guess... thats kind of the only positive i see, through that whole presentation i was just wondering how they werent able to at least give geno a head, and i know it might be petty, but i honestly wasnt paying any attention to sephiroth at all. Sephiroth just doesnt really do anything for me, ill accept him, but ill never be happy with him.

Its been fun, and ill always support Geno, but... I just don't ever see the day where geno gets something new, whether it's a smrpg remake or a cameo, i just don't see our Star Warrior returning.
sadsanji.png

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Curious why they didn't show the spirits. Still i really don't like how this turned out. The fact that they showed the mii costumes before anything else and just had it be the Wii U one is kinda bs imo. I know BTFM was just paid for to be used for the trailer but i think they could have at least scored that since Shimomura has been on board with Smash since Brawl about and composed a remix as recently as Steve. I appreciate he at last has a more notable role than a spirit but i completely get why people dont like that he is just the smash 4 costume. Still, Sephiroth himself was pretty cool. My only large disappointment is the stage layout being kinda generic but maybe parts could be slightly raised like Umbra Clock Tower. Btw, did anyone catch if all the music is just from 7? Sakurai said FF series and am hoping we get some FF7R stuff too perhaps

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Well that's a wrap everyone. See you all next Smash game.

As for me, I'm gonna try and reintegrate myself with the rest of SmashBoards. Here's to at least a decade more of being heckled for thinking Geno had a chance when other fan favorites like Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie made it in. Cheers!

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Well.......damn.

Unless there is a Fighter Pass 3 or an upgrade theme in these last fighters, I guess that's game.
I'll be lurking around as per usual, but well, I'm glad that I got to spend all these years with most of y'all.
I'm not the most vocal, but it's time well spent in my mind.

There's always a chance, however unlikely it may seem, but like I'd said before, costume is here, so I have to assume this is our representation of SMRPG.
Though if I'm being honest, now I'm just confused about Cacomallow. Maybe there is more coming? Or maybe it was just that well made? Curious.

And I agree with so many other of you who've said we need to keep our voices loud for SMRPG followups.
Anyways, to those of you walking away after tonight, Godspeed.

Dan

Smash Lord
I'm kinda already over it now; I will just try my damndest to make the best Mii head for him ever, and not the middle finger they showed in the trailer.

Like couldn't the face and body at least have been the same color??? For ****'s sake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom