• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'm going to post here before the thread gets locked again.

Last time I said I wasn't ready for the presentation, but now I am. Even if my #1 most wanted doesn't get in, I already got characters among my top 5 most wanted and this is already awesome!! And if Geno gets in, great!!! It's even better!!

It's very important that people have values to follow and guide their paths, one of my top 3 values is Gratitude, despite my previous posts, I am grateful for Nintendo and Sakurai, for all those amazing characters they already put in Smash Ultimate, including Young Link and Byleth, two of my most wanted, I can NOT forget about this.

Unlike last Thursday, today I'm in peace, and whatever happens today I'm happy, because of my values, they help me to get back in the right direction. :)

Thank you very much to everyone on this amazing thread that helped me and made things positive. Really, thank you very much! ;)
I'm in a similar boat. I already have my most wanted things to happen, those being Everyone is Here, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie, and got tons of other cool characters like Piranha Plant, Incineroar, Joker, Terry, and Byleth. Geno is just the victory lap.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
so i thought the presentation would be early in the morning and id be able to sleep through it so i could just check twitter to see what happened to our golden boy and soften the blow
the ONE time they do a presentation at a reasonable hour.
thanks i hate it
My luck is so bad that the one day it’s at a good time I have an exam.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, what should I wear for Geno Boosting power today?

Do I wear Exor shirt, Mallow Kero-Kero Cola shirt, Geno Blast shirt, or Green Froggie shirt?
I am gonna watch this presentation and love every minute of it (HUGE Final Fantasy fan, 7 being my first). @ForsakenM you better be wearing the Geno Blast Shirt, cuz I got that same shirt!
If you guys are going to wear the Geno Blast shirt tonight, I'll be sure to wear mine too! :geno:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I'm in a similar boat. I already have my most wanted things to happen, those being Everyone is Here, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie, and got tons of other cool characters like Piranha Plant, Incineroar, Joker, Terry, and Byleth. Geno is just the victory lap.
I feel similarly as well! K Rool and Banjo were my most wanteds. And even if we don't get Geno, we could still get other characters I want such as Eggman, Crash, Ryu Hayabusa, or Sora. And even if all my wanteds don't make it, Ultimate is a phenomenal game (and it's not like I'm in need of more characters to play, haha). I'm very grateful to Sakurai and crew for having made my favorite game of all time!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will say, if Geno somehow misses the axe, I don’t think there is any reason for the omission if he isn’t going to be playable the fact Geno and Chocobo came together with Cloud.

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
Oh my god I forgot about Banjo and Kazooie, that was actually amazing! Thank you very much Nintendo and Microsoft. :)

They put this costume in with Sephiroth and Sakurai's like

"we have the return of an old favorite. It's Geno, from Super Mario RPG. His costume was very popular in Smash 4... Wait, that's not Geno. Where could he be?..."
Dude... that would be awesome!!!! :D
That was very creative! ;)

Last edited:

CranberryBreve

Smash Rookie
Hey long time lurker here! No matter what happens today, I think we are in for an exciting result. Either we don’t get the costume which would be the biggest hint toward Geno yet, or we get the costume which will at least be SOMETHING. If we do get the costume, I think it’s important for the costume to do well. If we can’t convince Nintendo using our voices, perhaps we can convince them using our wallets!

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Currently re-playing Final Fantasy III on the 3DS and right now I'm grinding job levels for the Fire Crystal jobs and I gotta say, Geomancer's pretty OP. Got Arc running the job and in one battle he randomly cast Shadow Flare (dealing 3k+ dmg... while at Lv. 20). Gosh Sakurai, you know your picks well. 👌

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Geno has been my most wanted character since 2005 and probably has been my only most wanted Smash Bros character. I knew what I was getting into supporting what should be considered an almost impossible redemption story. I am fully prepared to accept the outcome either way. I just hope I did enough during my time supporting the character.

Thanks for allowing me to be apart of the journey.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Oh how I wish this presentation could just be early in the morning like previous ones instead of early in the evening in my timezone. Just sleep through it all and rip off the bandaid in a matter of seconds instead of waiting several grueling hours for it.

This is the most stressed out I've been in Smash speculation and really, just the most stressed I've been in a long ass time, and this isn't even a character announcement, just a ****ing Sakurai presents video.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh how I wish this presentation could just be early in the morning like previous ones instead of early in the evening in my timezone. Just sleep through it all and rip off the bandaid in a matter of seconds instead of waiting several grueling hours for it.

This is the most stressed out I've been in Smash speculation and really, just the most stressed I've been in a long ass time, and this isn't even a character announcement, just a ****ing Sakurai presents video.
It's always the damn mii costumes.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Already talked about the irregularities of this upcoming presentation but there's one aspect that totally flew under the radar... Yes, this is the most notice we've been given for an Ultimate presentation by a considerable amount BUT then I realized something... This is only the SECOND longest notice we've been given for a Smash presentation in Smash history. The longest was roughly a month and that was for the Final Smash 4 DLC Presentation. Coincidentally, this presentation was announced immediately after Cloud's reveal in 2015; sound familiar? So, in a weird twist of fate, roughly five years later we're having yet another mid December Smash presentation that we had a long amount of notice for with a Square Enix character as one of the focal points. Also, are you guys ready for the REALLY shocking part?

"On December 15th, 2015, at 2 PM PDT, the final Super Smash Bros. 4 presentation was hosted by Masahiro Sakurai. It provided information on the previously-announced Cloud character and Midgar stage, as well as numerous new features."

It's at the exact same time. I feel like this was deliberate.
End of the presentation:

Sakurai: “Some of you may not have noticed but we wanted to plan this presentation to be set up just like Cloud’s was, even keeping the same time frame! As you know, Cloud’s led to our final presentation of Smash Wii U and 3ds; much like this one will lead into our final 3 characters!

All of a sudden:

“I’m finishing the fight!”
Sakurai: “Whoa! Look whose at the door everyone! It’s Master Chief from Fortnite!”

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Awww dude, that is very kind of you
Speaking of old profile pictures and Franco Geno Franco Geno , I remember when his was of Stuart Little in a Geno hat (don't ask me why I remember that). I also remember when Malo Mart Malo Mart was of Cacomallow (I liked that one). I like to see you two talkative recently since I remember when you two were in here more and I've always liked your two's posts.

Everyone seems to be here today, even Ovaltine Ovaltine ! Hopefully this brings us good luck in the hours ahead!

(I can't seem to find Lord Woomy Lord Woomy though, he needs to get in here to complete the missing thread commoners.)

(...actually, to complete the past missing links we'd need Wynn here again. Man what a rollercoaster this thread has had.)

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Where can we see the Sakurai presents? Is it gonna be on Youtube? Can someone paste a link in here? I'm lazy.

EDIT: Whoops, got :ultgreninja:'d by QQS

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Well then. It's been a week since I posted something since Sephiroth's reveal and said that I didn't know what to think, but now, while I'm certainly feeling the same, the possibilities can go either way.

Or Geno comes back as a Mii or yet he keeps on living, nowhere to be found, startling everyone.

I'll be certainly watching. As a Cloud main, FFVII fan overall, I'm psyched to know how Sephiroth works, and well know for sure but also I'm curious as anyone is for the Mii Costumes section. (I swear that section can be just as exciting as character reveals/showcases themselves, hehe)

I'll keep myself with a low expectation in regards of Geno in Smash but I'll mark out if he is missing again. I just hope above all that Square does not pull another STINGY ACTION with spirits and music tracks. Please. The memes have been fun but I do want some content from the company. FFVII, Final Fantasy as a whole, or other SE series.

We'll find out for sure in just a couple of hours, so, who knows as of my post.

Stay strong, fellow Geno gang members. If it's not his time, there's the mission of making him return in other ways besides Smash. (That idea of an SMRPG remake/reboot/sequel is more and more awesome the more I hear it. )

:bowser: :starman:.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I haven’t said anything in this thread in a while (mostly have just been lurking), but I really hope you guys get lucky in the presentation. I still really want Geno, but I’m mostly rooting for all of you in the thread who’ve wanted him for a long time. I hope that this turns out well for all of you. Good luck.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Speaking of old profile pictures and Franco Geno Franco Geno , I remember when his was of Stuart Little in a Geno hat (don't ask me why I remember that). I also remember when Malo Mart Malo Mart was of Cacomallow (I liked that one). I like to see you two talkative recently since I remember when you two were in here more and I've always liked your two's posts.

Everyone seems to be here today, even Ovaltine Ovaltine ! Hopefully this brings us good luck in the hours ahead!

(I can't seem to find Lord Woomy Lord Woomy though, he needs to get in here to complete the missing thread commoners.)

(...actually, to complete the past missing links we'd need Wynn here again. Man what a rollercoaster this thread has had.)
Haha, I miss the Cacomallow pfp too. Though I guess it now lives on in the Cacomallow Twitter account. Appreciate you looking my posts btw! I always thought yours were pretty entertaining also.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Saw the whole shabang about Square's not taking Geno seriously (again, considering this isn't the first time it was brought up, given 2018's Geno status), and I dumped my opinion on Tweeter for the curious. tl;dr: if Geno doesn't get in, he probably never will, but his chances to return elsewhere have honestly never been better. I still believe it'd be best to bring him and Mallow back through the Mario series itself anyway. also give me another fortune street

Anyway, I won't be watching the presentation, but best of luck to y'all. I personally am positive that Geno's costume is back this time, but I would like to be surprised.
I'll say it but that's basically it. Square isn't opposed to use Geno, it's moreover Nintendo who's iffy about it when it comes to use and acknowledge a character as part of the Mario Series, that is not one of their/or one of their in house dev's creation

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Remember guys, no matter what happens, it ain't over until Sakurai sings and by that I mean when Ultimate's DLC cycle is over. No matter what anyone tells you, they don't know jack ****. All the rules the fans make up are just imaginary fan rules that don't exist. Regardless if Geno's Mii costume returns in the next hour or not, I'll be staying here hanging on until either Geno is announced or Ultimate's DLC cycle ends without him.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
For those wanting to watch the stream, we have the livestream linked here:

Status