• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Things are wild. We went from Geno looking bad to him looking suddenly good within the span of minutes. Tomorrow should be interesting. I'm not familiar with how the news number works, but are we 100% certain it's one Mii (or at the very least this method leaves one extra number post available)? This sounds a bit too good to be true. If it is just one Mii, then that's really good for Geno

QQS

Smash Lord
I think the costume will be absent of the presentation because Geno is saved for later as a Full Fighter my friends, maybe as #79 to coincide him with the 25° anniversary of SMRPG. I have been waiting him to comeback since I first played that game in 1997/1998 and he has been my most wanted ever with Mega Man. Based on all the evidence, fan demand already fulfilled, Sakurai’s recognition and the emphasis on his old Wii U costume splash screen, I think the stars will align and Geno will join the party. There is no way this perfect character will be ignored now, he, as Sakurai stated, it’s a perfect fit in terms of moveset, design, music and history. I’m still rooting and believing he will be playable. Keep the faith! 💙⭐

papagenos papagenos Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I am going to make a bold claim that should not be taken seriously. Let's say, the presentation and updates are between 106-110. The assumption leads to only one Mii Costume that comes with Sephiroth.

However, what if Square and Nintendo negotiated for something different.

• 106: Version 10.0 Available Now!
  • 107: Challenger Pack 8: Available Now!
  • 108: Buy Fighter Pass 2!
  • 109: Bonus Fighter Available!
  • 110: Nintendo Switch Online Promotion
Not saying this will happen, but what a Square move would that be to get more BANG for your buck? "Forgo the Mii Costumes at 75 cents a piece for another fighter with no stage and music for $5.99?" Of course, this did not happen with Hero so haha.

AGAIN do not take this seriously, but something I thought about before calling it a night.

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Thing is kinda hurting my brain a bit
The Spirit Event this week goes against the idea of a Sephiroth shadow drop
But apparently, a shadow drop is the only way for Sephiroth to get Miis (according to this website thing) and even then it is just one?
One of the patterns must be wrong here, but if there both right then that's even more confusing
Maybe 10.0 isn't the Sephiroth update and is something else which explains why there's not enough Mii costumes? Idk I'm spit balling but something is definitely weird. Still wanna throw out that the Presentation for this thing is at a really unique time
Guess we'll find out tomorrow

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
It would be the cruelest **** if the Geno costume is omitted once again, only for Waluigi to get in and have the costume return with him.
That would make even less sense than it showing up again with Seph in my opinion. Geno and Waluigi don't have much to do with each other besides being Mario characters, and they aren't even owned by the same company to boot.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I still think Sephiroth will drop Christmas Day

...But, let's play devils advocate for a moment: People have been looking at the awkward timing as it meaning something to us westerners because it's so late in the day this time, but what if we've looked in the wrong direction?

It's 5pm for us, but 7am for Japan. So if hypothetically a shadowdrop happened, that'd give players in Japan an entire day with the new character. The last time a character shadowdropped, it was like, noon in September 2019 for Banjo-Kazooie for us over where, and Japan I think it was super late at night.

It almost makes a twisted sense since Banjo is a big western pick so we ended up getting them at a reasonable time, so what if they were to reverse it. Even though Sephiroth is universally known, he does originate from Japan

So what if that's it? It's going to be an early morning drop for them this time? Heck I remember when Joker dropped late at night for us but early for them too

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Thing is kinda hurting my brain a bit
The Spirit Event this week goes against the idea of a Sephiroth shadow drop
But apparently, a shadow drop is the only way for Sephiroth to get Miis (according to this website thing) and even then it is just one?
One of the patterns must be wrong here, but if there both right then that's even more confusing
Maybe 10.0 isn't the Sephiroth update and is something else which explains why there's not enough Mii costumes? Idk I'm spit balling but something is definitely weird. Still wanna throw out that the Presentation for this thing is at a really unique time
Guess we'll find out tomorrow
There being a Spirit Event this week has no bearing on whether he releases this week, it just means his tournament won't be until next week, which is nothing out of the ordinary.

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
There being a Spirit Event this week has no bearing on whether he releases this week, it just means his tournament won't be until next week, which is nothing out of the ordinary.
I see then. Then I guess it's one Mii unless we're missing something or the website pattern is wrong this time
Tomorrow should be interesting

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
Are picture contests updates usually part of this number system for updates? Or is there a chance that the gap would be filled with something regarding the Mario 35th anniversary tournament?

Last edited:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Sephiroth shadow-dropping tomorrow is very much possible despite no 10.0 update warning yet. Banjo and Terry were both revealed to be shadow-dropped in their presentations, yet there was no prior warning of the new updates coming with them. Plus, that lines up for Sephiroth’s tournament next week since we just got a spirit event. It’s really 50/50 from here.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Are picture contests updates usually part of this number system for updates? Or is there a chance that the gap would be filled with someone regarding the Mario 35th anniversary tournament?
Picture contests ARE counted under general posts. They do NOT do posts for stuff like Online Officially Sanctioned Nintendo Tournaments like the Mario 35th One, when I refer to tournies being posted I mean the gimmick ones they hold every one to two weeks. There's also been no picture contest since the one in September, and even if there was it would only account for one post, not the (contextually) HUGE four post gap we see here.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Bruh, whys there over 100 guests?
Why do you think?

I'm probably going to log off for now, in the past 3 hours we've gone from doom and gloom to quite possibly the weirdest scenario we've seen Geno in for quite some time. I'm sure by the time I log back in tomorrow five more revelations will have happened, but atleast we only have about 15 hours left to go before all hell breaks loose, for better or for worse.

Last edited:

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
if geno does survive tomorrow and is part of the fighters pass well probably have to wait a while for him to be revealed because i doubt theyd reveal two squeenix boys back to back. which means more presentations for us to clench our cheeks for. very cool!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
35 minutes of content.

Limited amount of content seemingly from looking into the store.

In all honesty?

Probably just Sakurai being a giant nerd while showing off and giving a lot of FInal Fantasy history or something then showing one/two costumes that come with Sephiroth.

It's probably 10 minutes of Sakurai explaining Sephiroth, then 25 minutes of him teaching you all about Final Fantasy 7.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sweet Jesus, if Geno dodges this bullet YET AGAIN, then oh Lordy, that's a whole other cycle of speculation for a whole other year.

Like I said before, I haven't played Legend of the Seven Stars, I'm only supporting Geno because I like rooting for the underdogs, and seeing people be happy. You genuine Geno fans, though, are real troopers, how have you made it through all this without going mad?
Getting Ridley this game finally and seeing people get K Rool definitely helped keep the madness at bay lol

NapoleonBeezwax

Smash Cadet
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice what do u think of the one mii costume thing do you think it is realistic do you have any theory’s for it? It sound good for geno because it would probably just be the chocobo and geno isnt a mii

The_Hypist

Smash Rookie
I don’t think this needs to be said, but Geno fans... DO NOT do anything dumb if he happens to be a Mii Costume. That goes for you to Fatman. I know you have a reputation for being “the Geno guy” here but you’re not a failure if he doesn’t get in. It just means it wasn’t meant to be, his status in Smash has nothing to do with you.

So stay safe out there, and hope for the best.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I don’t think this needs to be said, but Geno fans... DO NOT do anything dumb if he happens to be a Mii Costume. That goes for you to Fatman. I know you have a reputation for being “the Geno guy” here but you’re not a failure if he doesn’t get in. It just means it wasn’t meant to be, his status in Smash has nothing to do with you.

So stay safe out there, and hope for the best.
Yeah, didn't need to be said, as far as I can tell.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
TBH I think Geno dodging the Mii Costume tomorrow but the announcement of no further DLC passes is pretty much a death sentence for the little guy. I'm not saying it's impossible for him to be added this Pass alongside Sephiroth, but the odds are against him.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Woke up in the middle of the night concerned that the mushroom spirit event is to promote a deluxe Geno mii costume 😩

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
The mean of mii costumes per wave in FP1 was of 5. If Sephiroth doesn’t messed the statistics, the mean of FP2 should also be 5 (and 4 Smash X splash screens per CP).

If we are really getting only 1 mii costume tomorrow, that means that the next 3 CP should include from 6 mii costumes in their waves to get the total of 30 (and mean of 5), and also 5 Smash X splash screen per wave.

A bit shame that Sephiroth will destroyed the pattern of the last 2 fighters, i wanted my tifa brawler :(

Curious to see if this becomes truth.

Last edited:

Nemo_Namikaze

Smash Cadet
Obligatory lurker post: I haven't posted since the morning before Steven, but I've been watching as usual. I gotta get my 2 cents in before the season finale!

Tonight was a wild ride catching up on the thread. If the website posts end up leading us to a victory then you have no idea how relieved I'll be.
Sephiroth's reveal had my Geno hopes in tatters like everyone else. It's insane to think we may be in the clear again. God speed Genobros!

A shame about more FF content though, if this comes to pass I'm going to find it a bit funny and embarrassing on Squeenix's part.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Even if they could only get one Mii Costume out of Square. I don't see why Sakurai couldn't come up with either:

A ) Some basic cool ideas for costumes not already present that are generic enough but might interest people.
B) Some Nintendo property Mii Fighter costumes.
C) Some gaming icons from other companies that he could have acquired to fill the empty spots.

All of the above. The only reason I can see for an absence of Mii Fighters is Sakurai came up with some other sort of surprise DLC to make up for the lack of Mii Fighter costumes and even that seems a reach, because if say by some miracle he got Geno as a full fledged fighter from Square, why not. put him as part of the pass?

A fighter in general seems unlikely as bonus material right now, because being part of the pass would advertise that character way way way way more than just ''Here you go."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom