• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Event should show up in about half an hour.
  • If we don't get one today, yeah Sephiroth is out on Thursday and his tournament comes with him.
  • If it's a Spirit Event, he MIGHT still be out this week and his tournament will just be next week.
  • If it's a tournament, he's not out this week. Because last week was a tournament and they never do more than two of either Spirit Events or Touraments in a row, it means his tournament won't be for another two weeks, meaning he's out most likely next week.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Nobody said that Geno was the only character who'd sell, though.
Oh, I know, I probably worded it wrong but I think what ai was tryin to say is Nintendo isnt missing their chance at getting tons of money when there are plenty of characters that could also satify that. IF he isnt picked, all that means is they wanted this other character more, not so much an attack on yall

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Steve’s was only down earlier because it technically counted as a minecon stream
I meant why the" long" wait for the presentation video when the others happened within a couple day period. That's what I'm getting at.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Likely, I think that would Suggest we getting some type of Mario Related Content in this Pass, Whether it be Geno or Waluigi
I’m doubtful of waluigi. I’ve got nothing against him it’s just he has no move set potential. People will be like “he can borrow moves from mario spin-offs” but the point of smash bro’s is to have characters using moves from the main series that they come from. Every character in the roaster has their moves based from their series that they come from and not spin-offs. Even characters who are short of moves have moves from their main games.

I don’t think sakurai and Nintendo would be willing to make a moveset up for waluigi and charge people for it. Base roaster, yeah sure, dlc, no.

If we’re gonna get more mario content it’s gonna be either captain toad, a mario and Luigi RPG series rep or Geno. They’re the only candidates at this moment, captain toad being the only main series mario rep left before heading into the RPG series.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Oh, I know, I probably worded it wrong but I think what ai was tryin to say is Nintendo isnt missing their chance at getting tons of money when there are plenty of characters that could also satify that. IF he isnt picked, all that means is they wanted this other character more, not so much an attack on yall
It's still a pretty bad look to ignore visible support that's been going on for over a decade, but yeah, I'd like to think it's just a combination of factors or everyone involved being dumb about things rather than some sort of deliberately malicious attack. I at least would hope that there isn't anyone in those companies rubbing their hands together and going "Let's screw over this fanbase in particular" like some sort of cartoonish display of villainy.

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
but to say Nintendo doesn’t gives a **** about the character when they have to spend time and resources obtaining the liscense and creating a unique model for Geno..
That was Sakurai, not Nintendo.

If it was up to Nintendo Geno wouldn't even be a mii costume or spirit.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Didn’t the Mii Costume Guy list Terry’s spirits as if they were Mii Costumes? And Byleth’s alts as Mii Costumes? No offense, but I’ve never really bought this justification. And as far as I can remember, he didn’t even list out the whole spirit board for Terry. That to me indicates that it was intended as a mii costume list.
No, they were just lists. For example:

unknown-8.png

Lists would be sent with no explanation to an in-between and translated. This is cut from a copy of the PM that was originally sent to Papagenos from the in-between. Talking with the in-between for this one, they said they made assumptions based on the fact that the last list from July 2019 (Banjo's Mii costumes and the MIA SMRPG costumes) was all Mii costumes and so presented them to Papagenos as a Mii costume list. For the protection of MCG, the original PMs were never shared with me (no clue if Papa has seen them either) so I don't know the exact words MCG used when passing on this list to the in-between.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Spirit Event Based on Trios
Coinflip on if he's out this week it is I guess.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Based on what happened with Banjo and Terry, the spirit event suggests Sephiroth's not releasing this week because Banjo and Terry's tournaments were announced immediately after their presentations. Now the time of the presentation is extra suspicious.
Do u really think they'll reveal a new fighter/ pass or what dya think the weird timing means?

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
Spirit Event Based on Trios
Coinflip on if he's out this week it is I guess.
Honestly, I don't give a **** to when Sephiroth will be released, I won't buy it anyway.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Didn't they say there'd be no information about fighters beyond Seph, though?
In the presentation itself, yes. We don't know if they have something planned before or after but the fact that they're airing this roughly around the time of General Directs means there's "something" they want to really show off here.

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
In the presentation itself, yes. We don't know if they have something planned before or after but the fact that they're airing this roughly around the time of General Directs means there's "something" they want to really show off here.
At the best scenario they might announce FP vol. 3, but a new fighter? I doubt it, even if it's before or after the presentation.

Griselda

Smash Lord
If they show me Geno's costume before or after a SMRPG remake or sequel, then I'm still gonna call it a win.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Based on what happened with Banjo and Terry, the spirit event suggests Sephiroth's not releasing this week because Banjo and Terry's tournaments were announced immediately after their presentations. Now the time of the presentation is extra suspicious.
I will agree the timing is weird, especially when you look at the times of past presentations.
  • Steve Presentation : 7:30 AM PST
  • Steve Reveal : 7:00 AM PST
  • Min-Min Reveal/Presentation : 7:00 AM PST
  • Byleth Reveal/Presentation : 6:00 AM PST
  • Terry Presentation : 5:00 AM PST
  • Hero Presentation : 6:00 AM PST
  • Final Smash Ultimate Direct : 7:00 AM PST
  • August Smash Ultimate Direct : 7:00 AM PST
Every pre-announced Smash Ultimate Presentation was held in the morning, and yet Sephiroth is in the Afternoon? Why?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Do you think they maybe just wised up that people don't like waking up super ****ing early?

Last edited:

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
If they show me Geno's costume before or after a SMRPG remake or sequel, then I'm still gonna call it a win.
Agreed. I’ll take the costume if it means SMRPG comes back. For me, this was always about revisiting Geno, Mallow, and that world in some form, whether it be in Smash or an SMRPG remake.

Look at me in the bargaining stage of grief, LOLOLOLOL.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I’m not saying a Nintendo direct per se, but don’t those usually happen in the afternoon?

Nintendo could do something alongside it. They tied things together with banjo presentation ... though it was the opposite circumstances.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
It's still a pretty bad look to ignore visible support that's been going on for over a decade,
This is honestly the big problem with Geno becoming a costume and nothing more. It's not just that fans have been "loud", it's that they've been "loud" for literally years by now. The fans really want this character in Smash, they've been telling you this since at least 200-friggin'-8, you have a director at the helm who's well-respected enough in the industry that he can get the likes of Joker, Hero, and Steve into the game and who himself wants Geno to be playable, you've likely got enough money for the job from all the base game and DLC sales, making Geno playable would have virtually no financial or critical downsides (he'd be no less profitable than any other potential characters, and if anything his inclusion would get you some pretty sizable goodwill for adding a popular fan request, as well as some new fans eager to check out a certain RPG game you may or may not be remaking according to insiders), and to top it all off, you've already gone to the trouble of putting in three of the most requested fan-favorite characters in the history of Smash when you could've included someone much more "profitable" and "promotable" ( :ultridley: :ultkrool: :ultbanjokazooie: )...

... and after all that, the most you can do for Geno and his fans is... well, this, but maybe somewhat better-looking and with a music track if they're lucky...

Ultimate's a great game. I love it just as much as anyone else on this site... but there's still a number of things it gets wrong (not enough cutscenes in World of Light, delay-based netcode, no DLC alternate costumes for non-Mii characters, lack of returning modes like Boss Rush and Break the Targets, etc.), and if Geno ends up getting costumed a second time despite a decade of demand, that's another thing to add to the list of things it gets wrong.

NapoleonBeezwax

Smash Cadet
Hmm, it cud simply just mean nintendo bein weird and changing the time of annoucement for no reason Nintendo does this stuff alot

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice do you have any theory’s for why the announcemnt time is weird for the sephiroth presentation? Maybe an extra character reveal

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I’m assuming Sephiroth is coming out the 22nd or 23rd.

Genshin impact is getting a big update then. I feel like companies tend to compete for hype.

I’m going into the next presentation expecting a deluxe mii costume. It hurts.

I’m not sure I’d buy him as a mii but I guess I have to for the music. Fingers crossed he’s no where to be seen yet.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Well, I'm probably going to hop off for now. We'll see what happens I guess, but I'm probably going to start writing a piece for the thread in case Thursday really is the end. I just hope we can all mostly agree to stay chill, I do genuinely like talking with you guys and it would suck to have what would very likely be our last time with everyone in the thread defined by arguing, whining, and getting closed again.

And if the costume doesn't show up I'm probably going to pop off so hard I'll just jump up to the Star Road and yank him down here already myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom