• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elmorethemagician

Smash Journeyman
Could anyone get into contact with PracticalBrush again, see if they knew anything? They insinuated they had no clue but that last night's reveal would maybe confirm something for them...
I don't want to pester them but.... at least I wish they could warn us if the costume was coming or not....

Last edited:

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
The best chance for Geno was now, in Smash Ultimate, if he's not playable in THIS Smash there's no reason whatsoever to trust that Nintendo and Square Enic are going to make him playable in the next Smash game.

Honesty I feel disgusted by Nintendo and Square Enix right now, because they could (SHOULD) have added Geno's Mii costume alongside ****ing Hero, at least they would've been honest with their intentions, but they made us having hope for Geno for more than 1 year and a half!

Seriously, I don't feel like supporting nor Nintendo nor Square Enix anymore. : (

Last edited:

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
The best chance for Geno was now, in Smash Ultimate, if he's not playable in THIS Smash there's no reason whatsoever to trust that Nintendo and Square Enic are going to make him playable in the next Smash game.

Honesty I feel disgusted by Nintendo and Square Enix right now, because they could (SHOULD) have added Genos Mii costume alongside ****ing Hero, at least they would've been honest with their intentions, but they made us having hope for Geno for more than 1 year and a half!

Seriously, I don't feel like supporting nor Nintendo nor Square Enix anymore. : (
I think I would have been where you are a couple years ago, but like Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I've been doing this for like.. 2 decades now. I remember wishing for characters all the time and they would either become playable eventually, appear as costumes, spirits... whatever. I'm not telling you this is a glamorous or rewarding path, but it is fun and, eventually, it will be worth it. Trust me.

Not really. Like I said, a 2018 character I dismissed ages ago made the jump so, ironically, Steve and Sephiroth, (characters first heard in the summer of 2018) finally came true this year despite being thought as fake or leakbait. If Geno's not in the next Mii costume wave, things bode extremely well for him.
No offense, but you have been saying these types of things for a while. People also heard rumors about Travis (costumed), Resident Evil (spirited), and KOS-MOS (nowhere to be seen). There's also the fact that when we do get long awaited characters, like Banjo or Cloud, they come with a shockingly spartan amount of content. That Gruntilda battle everyone was hoping for? Nope. More than 12 spirits on the DLC board? Not happening. More than 2 music tracks? Don't make me laugh!

Look, I love what you do man. I really do. And I want it all to be true. But even you know there's a part of you slowly accepting the inevitable. Geno probably is legitimately coming to the game, but as a costume. And if he doesn't, it doesn't signify anything more in his favor one bit. If anything, it further supports that he would not be appearing. But I think the way that Sans got people hyped has made it clear that a deluxe Mii costume is "good enough" for Nintendo. I'm bracing for it.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I’m really hoping for you all that Geno doesn’t show up next week.
For me? I’m already 100% certain he will, i’ve tampered my own expectations.
But this isn’t about me.
I’m just wishing for you guys who are still holding out hope out there. Maybe you’re stubborn or whatever; but i’d rather see that stubborness pay off then hope for everyone to sulk in defeat like I have. Hopefully that makes sense.

Last edited:

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
hey since I know you guys like super Mario RPG a lot I’ve got a question.

Is there a point where SMRPG gets really good? Cus I’ve only played up to the mole village and it hasn’t shown me that amazing wow factor that everyone who loves seems to see. This is an honest question and I just wanna see if I’m missing something

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I think I would have been where you are a couple years ago, but like Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I've been doing this for like.. 2 decades now. I remember wishing for characters all the time and they would either become playable eventually, appear as costumes, spirits... whatever. I'm not telling you this is a glamorous or rewarding path, but it is fun and, eventually, it will be worth it. Trust me.
Two things in Smash taught me about grinding out grit.
1. is being a Link main since 64
2. Is waiting on Geno
Technically there's a third in holding out hope for Isaac, but the first two mainly.

And while it doesn't quite apply here in the same capacity, the old motto from Sm4sh Link community was, "Don't whine, do work."
Just instead of work, we walk on.

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice

Is there a point where SMRPG gets really good? Cus I’ve only played up to the mole village and it hasn’t shown me that amazing wow factor that everyone who loves seems to see. This is an honest question and I just wanna see if I’m missing something
The next few areas are a bit more challenging and flesh out the story a bit better. And they have some funny bits, too. To me, the game's lightheartedness and quirky story/writing is what makes it memorable.

Last edited:

S1itchey

Smash Apprentice
I'm really liking the positivity of this thread although I cant say i feel the same. For me at this point geno is dead. Square doesn't give a ****. Nintendo doesn't give a ****. Who knows if sakurai even gives a ****. This just feels dirty. Not just to us but to other fans who wanted square characters. They had sora, geno, chrono, 2b, Lara Croft and they chose a second ff7 character. Thanks square and nintendo.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Just gonna pop back in one more time to say that I'm seeing a lot of blaming SE for Geno not making it (y'all can hope all you want, but I personally think he's 100% out), but I don't see it that way. Remember how draconian Nintendo is about the Mario RPGs and their characters. I think the blame is being poised at the wrong entity here. This is Nintendo's unwillingness to do anything with beloved Mario RPG characters and is a greater symptom of a problem plaguing the Mario franchise as a whole.

Just sayin', this is only one battle amidst a whole war of problems.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Just gonna pop back in one more time to say that I'm seeing a lot of blaming SE for Geno not making it (y'all can hope all you want, but I personally think he's 100% out), but I don't see it that way. Remember how draconian Nintendo is about the Mario RPGs and their characters. I think the blame is being poised at the wrong entity here. This is Nintendo's unwillingness to do anything with beloved Mario RPG characters and is a greater symptom of a problem plaguing the Mario franchise as a whole.

Just sayin', this is only one battle amidst a whole war of problems.
I don't think he's out until we see that Mii costume because otherwise, he's still in the race. Sephiroth being a 3rd party villain and a secondary unique non Echo 3rd party rep shows anything is possible regardless of what rules the fans make up.

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
My only complaint about Sephiroth is that he is a anime swordsman, and he isn't Crash.
But anyway, props to you guys for hanging on this long. If not Crash, I want Geno.

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice

I would recommend you finish this world (the third one). If after that you still didn't like the game then maybe it is not for you.
But keep in mind that in my opinion the game gets some magic from Forest Maze on, you will find a lot of interesting places and characters, so if you feel like you can keep going, you should give it a try.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My only complaint about Sephiroth is that he is a anime swordsman, and he isn't Crash.
But anyway, props to you guys for hanging on this long. If not Crash, I want Geno.
Sephiroth isn't just your normal average anime swordman, he is one of the most iconic video game villains in history alongside Bowser and Dr. Eggman.

D

Deleted member

I know it seems petty to be this upset about a video game, but I just feel so defeated that it honestly makes me shed a tear. I have waited literal years to get playable Geno, and with all that evidence in his favor, it really feels like Sakurai just doesn't care enough.

Now, here's to being harassed for the next few years about how wrong we were until the next Smash game gets announced, if that even happens.
Yup. It's already happening over on Twitter. Might just delete my account.

And of course this is the top reply to Nintendo's tweet. 🙄 Wouldn't be a Smash reveal without sh****** on other characters. Never change, Smash fanbase, never change.

Imagine feeling the need to attack someone for wanting a fictional character to appear in a children's fighting game.
Absolutely gross behaviour. We've had this for over a decade. We're the low hanging fruit of the Smash community. It's okay to hate on us guys, haha. Definitely no one being sociopaths and being toxic ourselves, haha.

I love Sephi, definitely think he should have been in sooner. No idea why One Winged Angel wasn't in Smash any sooner, too. At least we'll finally be getting the FF7 content we deserve.. hopefully. I love that they picked the Advent Children version, that one's my favourite. And that trailer.. damn. Most visually stunning thus far. Fitting, considering it's Seph.

Honestly, saw Seph coming with Min-Min's and Byleth's range, lol. Seemed inevitable to me. Byleth's lance is almost as large as Sephi's sword.

But holy hell do I feel pissed too, because of the harassment and slander that we're gonna be getting over and over. Like I said, we're low hanging fruits. People can't help but have their little jabs at us. Even if we have no involvement in anything, they still have their jabs at us. So disgusting.

The irony, because they preach about positivty, yet spread toxicity instead. They should look in a mirror sometime. Yet when we act the same, we're the ones called out for it? Double standards, much?

It's seriously making me contemplate deleting my account. I really don't want to deal with this fanbase anymore, it is ridiculously toxic and it NEEDS to be called out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
I'm really liking the positivity of this thread although I cant say i feel the same. For me at this point geno is dead. Square doesn't give a . Nintendo doesn't give a . Who knows if sakurai even gives a **. This just feels dirty. Not just to us but to other fans who wanted square characters. They had sora, geno, chrono, 2b, Lara Croft and they chose a second ff7 character. Thanks square and nintendo.

That's right, Square doesn't give a **** for Geno and Geno fans.

Nintendo doesn't give a **** for Geno and Geno fans.

The only one that cares about Geno besides his fans is maybe Sakurai, but unfortunately he doesn't have the power to make him a playable fighter.

Now, more than ever it's very clear that Nintendo is the only one choosing DLC fighters, at least for Fighters Pass vol 2.

Last edited:

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
I'm hard playing Devil's Advocate again here. Sorry, thread. But.... this is as good a time as any to point out that there are still a lot of gaps in Smash's library. Geno is certainly one of them, but recall that FF was only repped with 1 fighter, 2 songs, and 2 spirits. Sephiroth in one sense is a way to appease a mass audience, but he also patches some of those gaps as he'll bring more music (2 more tracks, yay), some Mii costumes, some spirits, and another stage. Granted, it's all FF7, but it's something.

Considering this, Geno would cover what? One 2 decade old game that has 2 spirits in the game already? I feel like an ***hat saying this because Geno is my absolutely most-wanted character at this point, but really think about what he would bring to Smash as a platform. Some more spirits, some more music, some more costumes, another stage and fighter..... but it would all be focused on the Mario series, which is already heavily repped, and specifically one game that has a legacy but it's barely recognized by its own developers.

Now pretend you're Nintendo and Sakurai. You want to build Smash out to become this platform that doesn't just celebrate Nintendo history but gaming history. You want as many friendly allies to work with you and license you their content so you can beef this thing up. Now step back and think about all the huge pieces of gaming history (the icons, if you will) that are still missing from Smash. Smash still has no mention or inclusion of anything Taito made (Space Invaders is a huge gap imo), a lot of the classic NES-era franchises that still get dragged out for revivals and collections once in a while (Ghosts 'n Goblins, Ninja Gaiden, SMT, Adventure Island, Wonder Boy, Contra...), or all of those 3rd party mascot characters from the '90s that were very popular (Crash, Bonk...). Then you have IPs that are in the game, 1st or 3rd party, but just feel undercooked, deserving of more content, or hardly repped at all (Bomberman, Mystical Ninja, Resident Evil, Rhythm Heaven, Undertale, Shantae, Sonic, Xenoblade...). And then there are the "controversial" IPs that are either so far removed from Nintendo, so niche or such recent zoomer picks that people tend to very strongly hate or love them but they will all generated guaranteed buzz (Devil May Cry, Danganronpa, Granblue, TWEWY, Halo, Fortnite, FNAF!!). Also, Kingdom Hearts exists, which doesn't really fit into any of those categories but would please a TON of people. Oh, and then there's stuff like Fire Emblem or Pokemon Sword and Shield not being shilled hard enough. Because, you know, wtf not?

I guess what I'm getting to is that, from Nintendo's standpoint (and Sakurai's), there is really no room for Geno at the table. As far as they're concerned, he's actually already sitting down. There are bigger fish to fry and more content to wrestle into their grasp. They dealt with Geno a long time ago and now it's time to add more IPs to their gaming history collection called Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Terry Badguy

Smash Cadet
“Hey, the first pass started off with your tied-most-wanted. Surely that’s a good sign, and one of the next four will manage to-”

2. No.
3. Certainly glad to see them in, but since my other most wanted was Chief, it’s not really a major win for me.
4. No.
5. No.

“Okay, so, we’re still getting another six characters. Maybe then you’ll see Chief, or your second-most-wanted Geno, or even your third Phoenix?”

6. ...Eh. Not all that bad, not all that amazing, it’s an okay start.
7. ...And there goes Chief, most likely.
8. ...And of course, there goes Geno too.

Throw in the Capcom leak making absolutely no mention at all of any further characters from them, and things have really, really, really been disappointing for me after that first one. I would genuinely have preferred that we got Sora instead of last night’s result, because it’s still a new franchise and there would be the chance for even the slightest hint of Disney representation. Hell, they could’ve at least had it be someone from a different Final Fantasy title, but they double-dipped from the exact same game in the series instead.

I have neither bought the second pass or even opened the game up at all since Min-Min released. There’s not exactly all that much of an incentive to play when your main, the aforementioned co-most-wanted, pretty much becomes a different, significantly worse character when playing the dog-**** online, and because of the CURRENT WORLD EVENT, local really isn’t all that much of an option at the moment.

Respect my man Terry tho, he's like one of the only good boys, he came into smash bringing tons of music and a cool gameplay

Sephiroth looks borderline boring and the music scarcity is gonna be a pain

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

No offense, but you have been saying these types of things for a while. People also heard rumors about Travis (costumed), Resident Evil (spirited), and KOS-MOS (nowhere to be seen). There's also the fact that when we do get long awaited characters, like Banjo or Cloud, they come with a shockingly spartan amount of content. That Gruntilda battle everyone was hoping for? Nope. More than 12 spirits on the DLC board? Not happening. More than 2 music tracks? Don't make me laugh!

Look, I love what you do man. I really do. And I want it all to be true. But even you know there's a part of you slowly accepting the inevitable. Geno probably is legitimately coming to the game, but as a costume. And if he doesn't, it doesn't signify anything more in his favor one bit. If anything, it further supports that he would not be appearing. But I think the way that Sans got people hyped has made it clear that a deluxe Mii costume is "good enough" for Nintendo. I'm bracing for it.
This is honestly a repeat of god knows how many people in my inbox telling me how it was "inevitable" that Geno would show up with Hero and that, as far as 8 months out, were telling me to quit. We literally only have to wait 6 days now. It's simple: you accept defeat when it actually happens, not before.

D

Deleted member

Ah, Plantman.

Don't mind him. I remember him on this website. He'd probably be on the Geno bandwagon after a while if he was the reveal. He used to crap on Steve while pushing Banjo & Kazooie, then switched to Steve (didn't crap on B&K though, thank gosh), then switched back to B-K instead of just liking both; after they got revealed, he started pushing Master Chief over Steve while crapping on Steve again and asserting he'd just be a mii costume, then got back on the Steve bandwagon at some point not too long before his reveal iirc.

iirc one of his posts on this website back in 2018 also made it seem like he supported Geno or thought he was cool; he just flips-flops on characters a bunch it seems and he seems to just follow what he thinks is popular with others and what's likely, idk, and he seems smug whenever he's on a hate bandwagon, so it is kind of annoying. I don't really see him too much though tbh.
I would like to point out to everyone here that for all the concern trolling over us potentially being toxic over Geno not getting revealed that has happened over the last few years when he received the closest thing to a killing blow he could have people here respectfully expressed their disappointment and even excitement over Sephiroth and then the semi regular group of people who enjoy coming in and ****ting on the thread did so like clockwork.
Please do call out this behaviour any time you see it, guys. Toxicity must be brought to light.

Do not let this slide.

Honestly? As soon as you get to Booster's Tower. The game really starts to pick up there, especially when Bowser joins your party for the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Badguy

Smash Cadet
Because Sephiroth is far more popular than either of them.

Not that hard to figure out.
That's just stupid lol

Chrono Trigger is often ranked higher in the list of greatest games ever

Besides that, have the decency as a company to know that there are other games in this world than FF7

This is straight up stupid, this is just like if we got a 2nd MGS rep or a 2nd Megaman rep, except this time it's not just a recurring series but the SAME GAME

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
And of course, Thursday might mean dealing with the large group of people who repeatedly say how no one cares about Geno and how he has no significance in people's lives also being the first ones to act condescending, rude and laugh that he's not in.

Like Ridley in Smash 4, the detractors are more obsessed than the fans. They are the ones keeping Geno's name in people's minds. They want Geno to go away, and they ironically defeat their own goal by caring too much for him of not being added.

Last edited:

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
This is honestly a repeat of god knows how many people in my inbox telling me how it was "inevitable" that Geno would show up with Hero and that, as far as 8 months out, were telling me to quit. We literally only have to wait 6 days now. It's simple: you accept defeat when it actually happens, not before.
I appreciated and am envious of your tenacity here. But I think this whole thread is falling into the sunk cost fallacy, honestly. I'm excited to play as him as a deluxe mii costume, honestly.

That's just stupid lol

Chrono Trigger is often ranked higher in the list of greatest games ever

Besides that, have the decency as a company to know that there are other games in this world than FF7

This is straight up stupid, this is just like if we got a 2nd MGS rep or a 2nd Megaman rep, except this time it's not just a recurring series but the SAME GAME
Not trying to sound like a bigot, but Japan looooooooooooooves FF7 and creams itself over the thought of Sephiroth and Cloud every single day. Just like Sakurai saying "it had to be Cloud" when offered an FF rep for Smash 4, in this case "it had to Sephiroth." Japan (and also the wallets of every exec at Nintendo and Square) wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
However the 17th goes down, I just wanna say it’s been a fun ride. Whether our Geno journey ends then or 12/31/21
Agreed. It's been a fun 2 years of Ultimate speculation. I hope our ride continues past next week, but if it doesn't, it's been a pleasure.

Also, I just gotta say I'm hyped as hell for Sephiroth. Second favorite DLC after Banjo. So it at least softened the blow a bit for me if the Geno costume comes with him. I would have been pretty disappointed if it had been any other Square character.

Last edited:

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
I'm hard playing Devil's Advocate again here. Sorry, thread. But.... this is as good a time as any to point out that there are still a lot of gaps in Smash's library. Geno is certainly one of them, but recall that FF was only repped with 1 fighter, 2 songs, and 2 spirits. Sephiroth in one sense is a way to appease a mass audience, but he also patches some of those gaps as he'll bring more music (2 more tracks, yay), some Mii costumes, some spirits, and another stage. Granted, it's all FF7, but it's something.

Considering this, Geno would cover what? One 2 decade old game that has 2 spirits in the game already? I feel like an ***hat saying this because Geno is my absolutely most-wanted character at this point, but really think about what he would bring to Smash as a platform. Some more spirits, some more music, some more costumes, another stage and fighter..... but it would all be focused on the Mario series, which is already heavily repped, and specifically one game that has a legacy but it's barely recognized by its own developers.

Now pretend you're Nintendo and Sakurai. You want to build Smash out to become this platform that doesn't just celebrate Nintendo history but gaming history. You want as many friendly allies to work with you and license you their content so you can beef this thing up. Now step back and think about all the huge pieces of gaming history (the icons, if you will) that are still missing from Smash like anything Taito made (Space Invaders is a huge gap imo), a lot of the classic NES-era franchises that still get dragged out for revivals and collections once in a while (Ghosts 'n Goblins, Ninja Gaiden, SMT, Adventure Island, Wonder Boy, Contra...), all of those 3rd party mascot characters from the '90s that were very popular (Crash, Bonk...). This also can include IPs that are in the game, 1st or 3rd party, that just feel undercooked, deserving of more content, or hardly repped at all (Bomberman, Mystical Ninja, Resident Evil, Rhythm Heaven, Undertale, Shantae, Sonic, Xenoblade...). And NONE of that includes the "controversial" IPs that are either so far removed from Nintendo, so niche or such recent zoomer picks that people tend to very strongly hate or love them (Devil May Cry, Danganronpa, Granblue, TWEWY, Halo, Fortnite, FNAF!!) -- all IPs where we have zero idea if they're seriously on the table or not. Also, Kingdom Hearts exists, which doesn't really fit into any of those categories. Oh, and then there's stuff like Fire Emblem or Pokemon Sword and Shield not being shilled hard enough. Because, you know, wtf not?

I guess what I'm getting to is that, from Nintendo's standpoint (and Sakurai's), there is really no room for Geno at the table. As far as they're concerned, he's actually already sitting down. There are bigger fish to fry and more content to wrestle into their grasp. They dealt with Geno a long time ago...
Seriously, you should be posting on Sephiroth's/ FF7 threads, please let us alone where we can lament/complain/having hope in our thread.

You are not helping here at all. Just stop.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

I'd say the game gets more interesting the moment Bowser joins your party.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Ironically, Geno not being shown at Sephiroth's showcase actually gets me a bit more nervous, thinking that Geno is out completely. Why have the third Square related content addition and not have him? If they wanted to keep him a surprise secret of a playable character, that defeated it because his absence yet again would tip people off there's something special about him. But then the fear that they dropped him completely.

Now if Chocobo hat is still missing after that, that just makes it even more confusing.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'm done mass blasting the thread with inane posts after this. I seem to recall a "leaker" waaaay back saying we were getting Tifa and Barret costumes. I'm going to dig and see what I can find. I also strongly recall seeing Sephiroth mentioned once or twice by "leakers" in the past as well. So I'm going to dig for that too. See ya later...

Seriously, you should be posting on Sephiroth's/ FF7 threads, please let us alone where we can complain/having hope in our thread.

You are not helping here at all. Just stop.
Sorry, it's just one way I'm coping with the shock. Figured I could help others find some peace as well.

Last edited:

Terry Badguy

Smash Cadet

What's amazing about SMRPG is the dialogues, they're funny and heartwarming. The world has an awesome design and every zone feels really unbelievable, that's because of square adding characters and ideas to the origin concepts of Mario, all in all its a really interesting experience because of how surrealist it feels and how impossible it would be to pull up today

But maybe it'd not for you, I'd advise you continue a little bit, but maybe it's not not for you :)

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
Geno is a unique situation because he hasn't been in because there wasn't enough demand - they wouldn't go out of their way to make a splash screen or make him a Master spirit without it. It's really just cuz Square Enix is hard to negotiate with over their content. There's a popular rumor going around that Sephiroth had to be there in exchange for getting Cloud back and honestly that sounds pretty reasonable. If they could barely get Cloud back or any other art from FF7 I'm not surprised that there was very limited Square Enix content.

IDK what will be in store for the next Smash. It may just be Smash Ultimate Ultimate - maybe Smash 6 - I'm not sure. But I think Geno is a reasonable bet for that at least. The K. Rool fiasco at the end of Smash 4 made me know that he had a great shot at Smash 5. We will see how the costumes turn out next week.

But yeah Geno's just been super unlucky given the copyright problems. It's not that he'd be impossible to be in Smash, if anything he's probably so far the closest a character has been up to this point.

But yeah I just wanted to say that I disagree with this being malicious I just think it's been an unfortunate situation all around.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
So does Sephiroth change anyone else's predictions for the last three fighters? Because looking at all the DLC we've gotten so far, none of them have been that obvious ahead of time except for Banjo funnily enough. The rest, at least to me, were either surprising picks, or characters that had been counted out. So while we talk a lot about characters like Crash, Doom Slayer/Master Chief, Ryu, Dante etc, those all seem too obvious really. Like maybe we'll get one of those, but as for the other two characters I have no idea what to expect.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Respect my man Terry tho, he's like one of the only good boys, he came into smash bringing tons of music and a cool gameplay

Sephiroth looks borderline boring and the music scarcity is gonna be a pain
The music was actually pretty good, however I really, really don’t care for the “shoto” sort of character than he hit to a T, so he was a general disappointment for me. Certainly, though, he ranks higher on the scale than last night’s character does.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Sephiroth isn't just your normal average anime swordman, he is one of the most iconic video game villains in history alongside Bowser and Dr. Eggman.
I think one of the issues is if we have 3 characters to represent square-Enix in a fighting game crossover should they all be swordsmen? Not good idea
Villain isn’t an issue but instead we could had someone like Kefka at least to bring content other than FF7 which is already there and could represent the Nintendo era of FF games.
Square-enix has a huge gaming library but now they have chosen to milk FF7 more

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom