• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nintendoscheduled Twitter posts at (my time, which is CST) 9:00am, 10:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm.

For reference, there was only one tweet last Monday.

If only someone could get into their Tweetdeck or Hootsuite...
Yeah, this Monday has already been kind of loaded: a release date for a game that Nintendo fans have been wanting to know for over a year, the official opening date of a goddamn theme park that I'm pretty sure first had plans drawn up in 2016 (?), and a mysterious NSO update that strongly mirrors the one we got before the Super Nintendo was added. This is also in full consideration that November was slow AF and that pretty much all the major announcements were last week and could be counted on one hand.

QQS

Smash Lord
Yeah, this Monday has already been kind of loaded: a release date for a game that Nintendo fans have been wanting to know for over a year, the official opening date of a goddamn theme park that I'm pretty sure first had plans drawn up in 2016 (?), and a mysterious NSO update that strongly mirrors the one we got before the Super Nintendo was added. This is also in full consideration that November was slow AF and that pretty much all the major announcements were last week and could be counted on one hand.
Pieces of the puzzle are coming together! Hope
to see a Nintendo Direct with big First Party stuff for 2021, + New system to the NSO + Smash reveal = Geno!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also, THIS is not the crossover I was expecting to see today.

I want to say she was in the original but was insanely hard unlock.

(Flops wrist on keyboard)

Yep, could only be unlocked by getting every single achievement in the game.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
lmao the gba stuff / NSO stuff debunked, Nate even came in and said to stop expecting it. It was some random fake leaker in Era. So much for their "system" of preventing fake insiders… kek.
image0.png

But the rumor of something this week i guess is still on, cause Nate said he would make a topic of it if it happens for his next podcast. If it wasn't possible i think he would have shut it down already, but then again I don't fully trust anyone in Era overall anymore. I'm just hoping for the best while trusting in no one
🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
lmao the gba stuff / NSO stuff debunked, Nate even came in and said to stop expecting it. It was some random fake leaker in Era. So much for their "system" of preventing fake insiders… kek.

But the rumor of something this week i guess is still on, cause Nate said he would make a topic of it if it happens for his next podcast. If it wasn't possible i think he would have shut it down already, but then again I don't fully trust anyone in Era overall anymore. I'm just hoping for the best while trusting in no one
🤷‍♂️
The one thing we can trust is all the odd occurrences, updates, maintenance periods, and other aspects we've noticed for the past couple of months

T2by4

Smash Lord

🤷‍♂️
GBAbros...

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
The one thing we can trust is all the odd occurrences, updates, maintenance periods, and other aspects we've noticed for the past couple of months
So far maintenances have been WAY more meaningful than the updates. Apparently there's been like 20+ updates since October lol. But yeah, there are better things, if any at all, to speculate on.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
wait, I thought the NSO stuff was based on a weird update with nothing in it?

Was there no actual update?

Though if NateDrake only said no GBA, maybe we could get GB/GBC at least if that update thing is true... (can’t check right now).

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Three of the bigger incidences:

-Heard March Mini was a full Direct

-Heard July Partner was a full Direct

-Seemed to imply he knew about 3D All Stars but not about the Mario Direct
Maybe he is not THAT reliable? And he did say not to set high hopes for a Direct. Now I am not saying a Direct will happen, but what if one does and that is another thing he gets surprised about like the things in the past that Fatman just mentioned?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
in case it wasn't obvious, which it was as I said before
Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 5.01.53 PM.png

Also this means he indeed expects something this week as a potential topic for his next podcast if it happens. Totally unrelated to the fake leak of NSO or Doom Eternal's update. IF it happens, like he said yesterday or whenever.

wait, I thought the NSO stuff was based on a weird update with nothing in it?

Was there no actual update?

Though if NateDrake only said no GBA, maybe we could get GB/GBC at least if that update thing is true... (can’t check right now).
There was an update but it was just fixing random stuff, nothing new added as of games.

D

Deleted member

Maybe he is not THAT reliable?
Nate was played pretty hard in October or maybe late September (my memory isn't what it used to be because this year has felt like five) so it's safe to say that you're right. My comment earlier about his fall from grace was actually a direct reference to the fact that he claimed he would earn his reliability back, but I have yet to see it happen.

My favorite moments in this thread are when the church doesn't know whether or not to believe the prophets.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nate was played pretty hard in October or maybe late September (my memory isn't what it used to be because this year has felt like five) so it's safe to say that you're right. My comment earlier about his fall from grace was actually a direct reference to the fact that he claimed he would earn his reliability back, but I have yet to see it happen.

My favorite moments in this thread are when the church doesn't know whether or not to believe the prophets.
I see. That said, something may be happening tomorrow, still, but chances are, whatever Nate thinks it is, it may not be what he thinks.

pinshadow

Smash Lord

I don't remember Nate saying anything since the Mario Direct happened. I won't deny he got played on a few things like the July fiasco (which basically everyone messed up on regardless) but he's been pretty consistent for this year regarding dates and the like. Not saying he can't be wrong here (and I'm really annoyed by the whole "something on Tuesday maybe but I'm not saying what it is" thing) I'm just not seeing a lot of shakiness in the track record.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Wow, so I guess we really could be getting something in the next couple of days? I'm actually kind of hoping it isn't Smash, since I won't have internet for a bit. If any Smash reveal happens, I'd appreciate it if one of you would DM me the link.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Well, Nintendo really did wait until the very last day for any word on Doom Eternal, huh? Oh Nintendo...(and Bethesda, and ID, and Zenimax and Microsoft)

:bowser:.
'Member back when Nintendo had a shareholder/investor meeting coming up and we all thought that they'd have to announce some stuff beforehand... and they literally waited until the day before the meeting just to announce Pikmin 3 Deluxe?

I sure hope this ends up being a pattern with Nintendo announcements going forward. :4pacman:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Well, Nintendo really did wait until the very last day for any word on Doom Eternal, huh? Oh Nintendo...(and Bethesda, and ID, and Zenimax and Microsoft)

:bowser:.
They did that with Min Min, releasing her right at the end of June.

I HATE companies that do that. Yes its still in the timeframe range, but it still comes off as misleading. You might as well say that she's coming out in July at that rate. When people hear a month deadline, they usually don't anticipate having to wait the WHOLE month in addition to the lead-up.

Square did that with a Kingdom Hearts game, announcing it as a summer release. It came out a week before summer ended. Yes, it was technically a summer release as it was still technically summer at the time, but in all honesty, it was also technically BS.

D

Deleted member

They did that with Min Min, releasing her right at the end of June.

I HATE companies that do that. Yes its still in the timeframe range, but it still comes off as misleading. You might as well say that she's coming out in July at that rate. When people hear a month deadline, they usually don't anticipate having to wait the WHOLE month in addition to the lead-up.

Square did that with a Kingdom Hearts game, announcing it as a summer release. It came out a week before summer ended. Yes, it was technically a summer release as it was still technically summer at the time, but in all honesty, it was also technically BS.
This is why I tell people that when Nintendo says "by [date]", expect to wait until as close to [date] as possible. December 2021? November 30, 11:59:59 pm JST.

Firox

Smash Master
You might as well say that she's coming out in July at that rate. When people hear a month deadline, they usually don't anticipate having to wait the WHOLE month in addition to the lead-up.
That's the funny thing about psychology. If you tell someone, "A reveal is coming in June" and then you reveal it on the very last day, you come of as a deuchebag, but if you say, "A reveal is coming in July" and then release on the very last day of June, you come off as an over-achieving hero because you technically released "early". Sadly, Nintendo's PR team apparently all flunked psychology.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Make a sacrifice to Big Brother N and hope for more than what Nate expects because he doesn't expect much of anything tomorrow.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Genolads and lasses, after booting up the Switch a few hours ago for the daily gaming fix, I noticed that among the latest News the system brings up, was something regarding the upcoming Game Awards. By clicking on it, Nintendo congratulates all of the nominees for TGA 2020, an even encourages to tune into it (hmm 🤔). Certainly Nintendo will most likely have a presence amidst the awards having one of its titles running multiple categories, including Game of the Year; yes, this year's ray of hope amidst the start of this year; Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Another title that's running for Game of the Year, as well as other categories is Bethesda/Id Software's DOOM Eternal (which was announced today to be coming only two days before TGA). Since this afternoon I've been getting this odd feeling that we might actually get a surprise reveal of CP 8 during the awards, and it being Doom Guy. DOOM Eternal having numerous nominations at TGA 2020; the Switch version releasing two days before the awards, and one day after Ultimate's second anniversary; and the freakin release date (which by the way I'm currently watching PapaGenos' latest video touching on the matter) being December 8th (and the next Challenger Pack is also the 8th). Yes, I can already hear the echoes of "but those coincidences mean NOTHING". I KNOW! But there's nothing wrong with indulging in some juicy speculation. Doom Guy's inclusion would make the DOOM and Animal Crossing crossover a reality; until a Mr. Sakurai Presents video, it could be days away from confirming the mythical CacoMallow leak (thus coming VERY close to confirming Geno's inclusion). Again, this is all speculation (tasty speculation), but what a wonderful thing it would be if it were to actually pan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom